PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Pork Stroganoff

Blitzburghpete
05-02-2009, 05:24 AM
So your feeling a bit eastern european tonight and want something from the eastern bloc...

a knob of butter
1 onion sliced
100g of button mushrooms
1 red pepper
350 g of pork fillet cut into strips
cayenne pepper ( how hot can you go? ) If you haven't got this Hot chilli powder
paprika
3 table spoons of BRANDY or RUM!!!
1 teaspoon of Dijon french mustard
100 ml's of creme fresh or cream

Season the pork with loads of paprika a little cayenne pepper and salt

Melt the butter - fry the onion and pepper
add the strips of pork and mushrooms and more pepper if you dare, and cook for 7 mins or so
Pour in the brandy, stir in the djion, add the cream and on high heat cook for 2 mins more with more spices,

Serve on a bed of stick fries ( chips here in the UK ) or wild rice...

crack open some vodka, and dah dah...

( the wife does a little dance when i tell her we're having this cos she likes it soo much )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbF0iAKdW4A

You can serve on a bed of sliced spiced potatoes

Just peel some potatoes, slice them into 1 cm thick slices. Lay them out in a pan ( yes raw like this ) sprinkle with loads of paprika, put in the oven on a high temp 220 degrees, pour over a little oil to start and bung in the oven for about 20- 25 mins

steelersgal86
05-02-2009, 08:32 AM
That sounds good !!!:yellowthumb:

Blitzburghpete
05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi steelers gal,

Yeah you can make it hot too with the cayenne pepper to have a real kick. Just cos it's Eastern bloc food doesn't mean it's bland at all.

SteelerBee43
05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
how much butter is a knob? :dunno:

steelersgal86
05-03-2009, 06:36 PM

:lol: :dunno:

:hiya: Pete

Blitzburghpete
05-04-2009, 05:25 AM

LOL a "knob" is as much as you want to put in. Basically enough to cook the onions and peppers in. What your short of i add some olive oil to top up.

steelersgal86
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
What, Precisely, Is a Knob of Butter? http://www.ochef.com/images/Q.gif How much is a "knob of butter?"

http://www.ochef.com/images/A.gif How much do you want it to be? Certainly more than a dash, and well more than a pinch neither of which seems the best way to measure butter, in any event.
A knob of butter is a British term denoting some butter, and its use is sadly declining as zealous editors force more precision and science into our recipes and cookbooks. Even the loosest British cooks (and we mean that in the nice way) might get away with telling you to add a knob of butter on a television program. But if their cookbooks are published in the States, you can bet someone will have translated all those knobs into precise measurements.

:haha: Just had to look it up

Blitzburghpete
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Glad to see i'm english through and through ! LOL

if you want a measurement i think around 50g of butter:banana:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM
ok I'm stubborn I guess but how much is 50g, lol you'll have to convert to the good old USA standard measurements for me !!:yellowthumb:

steelersgal86
05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
ok I'm stubborn I guess but how much is 50g, lol you'll have to convert to the good old USA standard measurements for me !!:yellowthumb:

:rofl: Thanks....I was gonna ask but didnt want to sound stupid....glad you did :lol:

Blitzburghpete
05-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Oooh for goodness sake ladies!!! LOLOLOL

i think i just fly out and cook it for you both!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol::lol::lol:

50 g is 2 oz's ish

:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-07-2009, 12:15 AM
I ain't no lady!!!

steelersgal86
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I ain't no lady!!!

:rofl: says you

SteelerBee43
06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
dude looks like a lady....:rofl: poor Jack

floodcitygirl
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm so glad you all asked about the "knob" and "gram" thing cause I was wondering both myself! This thread was amusing enough to read even if I never do make the dish. :lol: It does sound good though....thanks.