PDA

View Full Version : Article comparing Ben vs Brady vs Manning...

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Here is an article I found over at bleacher report on Ben questioning wether or not he is elite. It is long but it is well worth the read....:imho: :tt02: :tt02:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/164766-is-big-ben-elite-if-so-where-does-he-rank-among-nfl-quarterbacks

Sir Blitzelot
05-02-2009, 10:44 AM
That was a very good read, I cannot agree with the writer more about where Ben ranks when compared with Brady and Manning. I think if Ben wins another Super Bowl, then he will be considered the best of the three, without question.

cmerrifield
05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Great article. I think the thing that sets Brady and Big Ben over Manning is that those two guys know how to win in the post season. I was watching ESPN and one of the announcers starting referring to Manning as the greatest regular season QB ever. That is funny. Ben doesnt care about numbers or records, but winning. That is a GREAT GREAT attitude in a QB. He is certainly one of the elite QB's in the league.

steelers4life66
05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
WOW!! Man that article kicked ace. He told the world what Steelers fans have been saying since 05.. Boom Shacka Lacka!!!:cope:

aaronsmith91
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
The writer brings up a good point on how people think Brady and Manning are the only reason that the colts and patriots won the superbowl. but both teams played good defence in the post season. Ben did one better than both brady and manning, he had a game winning drive resulting in a touchdown with 2m minutes and change left. what did payton do???

igor0190
05-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Peyton is the overhyped, commercial making, poster boy of the NFL. The media sucks up to him beyond belief. Watch his feet next time he's in an important game. He's a nervous wreck.

Some highlighs from the article:
"Manning´s stats in the postseason superbowl run: 1,034 yards, 3 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, and a passer rating of 70.5."

"That´s not the case with Peyton Manning who blames his receivers whenever he throws an interception or an overthrown pass, and worst of all, calls out his offensive line when they are not the perfect protecting machine Manning wants them to be. To quote Peyton Manning after the 2005 Divisional Playoff loss vs. the Steelers, “You know, I´m trying to be a good teammate here. Let´s just say we had some problems with protection.”

"Many people point to Manning as being a tough quarterback because he´s never missed a start. But it´s not hard to see why based on the way he plays. Besides having a way superior O line than Roethlisberger´s, whenever he gets any defensive player near him, instead of trying to avoid him like Roethlisberger or Brady do, he just goes down to prevent a hit."

Tom Brady: He´s been in the league for 9 years. He has an 87 – 24 (78%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 5 AFC championship games, 4 Super Bowls, and won 3 championships.
Postseason Record: 14-3 (82%)

Peyton Manning: He´s been in the league for 11 years. He has a 117-59 (66%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 2 AFC championship games, 1 Super Bowl, and won 1 championship.
Postseason Record: 7-8 (46%)

Ben Roethlisberger: He´s been in the league for 5 years. He has a 51 – 20 (70%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 3 AFC championship games, 2 Super Bowls, and won 2 championships.
Postseason Record: 8-2 (80%) Since Big Ben came into the league no one has more 4th quarter/OT comebacks (19), or won more Super Bowls than he has.

Scorp
05-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Ben is better than Manning, no question. People know how much i despise brady and i will never give credit to him in any way shape or form because when the Steelers keep winning super bowls brady will be forgotten. Just like last season when he was taken out for the rest of the year. He will never win another super bowl. Three is all he can handle, not to mention his best years are way behind him. Ben gave us the Immaculate Drive while brady and the patriots won on a field goal. C'mon, that ain't **** and that was not even close to being great. Brady is married now and he's going to wish his sex life and football skills are like the way Ben and the Steelers play....Great! Ben will keep proving, season after season, why he will come out on top as the most elite when it is all said and done. And i have legions of true Steelers fans standing with me who would agree. BTW this was a very great read, thanks.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Tom Brady: He´s been in the league for 9 years. He has an 87 – 24 (78%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 5 AFC championship games, 4 Super Bowls, and won 3 championships.
Postseason Record: 14-3 (82%)

Peyton Manning: He´s been in the league for 11 years. He has a 117-59 (66%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 2 AFC championship games, 1 Super Bowl, and won 1 championship.
Postseason Record: 7-8 (46%)

Ben Roethlisberger: He´s been in the league for 5 years. He has a 51 – 20 (70%) record as a starter. He has appeared in 3 AFC championship games, 2 Super Bowls, and won 2 championships.
Postseason Record: 8-2 (80%) Since Big Ben came into the league no one has more 4th quarter/OT comebacks (19), or won more Super Bowls than he has.[/QUOTE]

Ben is the better q.b just looking at his stats since he has come into the league, he has accomplished more in less time then the other two. but even more than that Ben has more heart then both Brady an Peyton.And when it's all said an done i believe Ben will have more rings than both Brady an Peyton IMO:yesnod:

SteelerSteve
05-03-2009, 02:40 AM
BlackandGold bleeder... thanks for that great article, it answers every question that Steelers haters always seem to ask and I cant find the words for. It really makes sense though, As much as I play madden and love to make BB throw for 4,000 yds and 45 td's a season, all that matters is that he puts the team o his back and leads them to a win when they need it. Thats what its all about, the steelers had the most dominating defensive performance last year than most in NFL history, and Ben had mediocre QB stats in terms of most flashy "elite" qb's but he led them to game winning drives when they needed him, especially in the superbowl.:cope:

--- Added 5/3/2009 at 12:40 AM ---

Great article. I think the thing that sets Brady and Big Ben over Manning is that those two guys know how to win in the post season. I was watching ESPN and one of the announcers starting referring to Manning as the greatest regular season QB ever. That is funny. Ben doesnt care about numbers or records, but winning. That is a GREAT GREAT attitude in a QB. He is certainly one of the elite QB's in the league.
Yeah, as much as I hate the Pats, I have to give brady credit because he has that same factor as Ben, he does know how to win games. I really think that the question shouldn't be " whose better Brady or Manning" But whose better "Brady or Ben"

Steel Trap86
05-03-2009, 04:35 AM
I think this upcoming season we will see who the better QB is..Ben or Brady. Even though we dont play New England in the regular season, I think we will most defenatley see them in the playoffs, maybe the AFC Title game, and the better QB will be revealed.