PDA

View Full Version : Opening day O-line?

$teelersRule
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
it might be a little too early for these talks but im bored of studying for my material science final. i was wondering what you all thought the starting OL will look like next year? here are some of the options we have open to us at this point:

1. Starks,Kemo,Hartwig,Stapelton,Colon (same as last year, probably best chance that this is it, the whole "time to gel" thing)

2. Starks,Kemo,hartwig,Urbik,Colon (stapleton is replaced, Urbik steps up)

3. Starks,Kemo,hartwig,Urbik,Hills (revamp the right side)

4. Starks,Colon,Stapelton,Urbik,Hills (a major revamping of the oline i think this could make sense but it is way too radical with the way the steelers operate

5. Hills,Kemo,Stapelton,Urbik,Cappizi/Fauster/Essex (hills has been Juiceing up all off-season :lol: and we are thinking towards the future)(Ben dies) :eek1:

so what do you all think its going to be? Also, if Urbik beats out Stapelton for the RG spot do you think he could take over the center duties, it is his natural position?

Silverback 92
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
I like 5 no wait 2 wait a minute 4 wait wait 1 but 3 mite work as well

$teelersRule
04-29-2009, 11:36 PM
i think i am leaning towards number 4

Sir Blitzelot
04-30-2009, 08:15 AM
I choose number one, the O-line played much better by the end of last season. The longer those guys play together, the better they will be, imo.

Zachintosh66
04-30-2009, 08:15 AM
EASY... ODDS ARE #1, SLIM CHANCE #2

igor0190
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Starks,Kemo,Stapleton,Colon,Hills

Urbik steps up and replaces colon by midseason.

Matt Williamson (ESPN) just went on record saying that Urbik has the best chance to start immediately out of any of the o lineman drafted.

I change my vote to Starks,Kemo,Stapleton,Urbik,Hills

DahBurgh
04-30-2009, 10:10 AM
#1 the original O line from last year is most likely going to be the starting lineup for this year unless someone gets hurt or one of the new guys reall steps up. Regardless of what anyone says that was a suberbowl winning O line and on top of that there only going to get better with experience and chemistry.

cmerrifield
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I hope number one, unless starks doesnt sign long term, then I am not sure, I am afraid of having both starting tackles on the last year of their contract. That is what forced us to franchise Starks in the first place. So, if that is the case, I would really like to see Hills starting by midseason. So that we have at least one starting tackle under contract for the 2010 season.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
I hope it's Starks, Kemo, Stapelton,Urbik an Hills:crossfingers: but it will probably be #1:rant2:

TampaSteelGirl
04-30-2009, 02:59 PM
#1 but #4 sounds pretty good.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm going with Starks,Kemoeaut,Hartwig,Urbik,Colon

Hills,Essex,Stapleton will be the three reserves......Steelers could keep four backups...I would expect Shipley to be on the practice squad.....

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Starks Kemo Shipley Urbik Capizzi

I really hope Shipley proves everybody wrong and becomes a stone and a pro bowl center that's not a 40 year old free agent.

And Capizzi has so much potential just like Hills but Capizzi has something to prove and nothing to loose.

igor0190
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Starks Kemo Shipley Urbik Capizzi

I really hope Shipley proves everybody wrong and becomes a stone and a pro bowl center that's not a 40 year old free agent.

And Capizzi has so much potential just like Hills but Capizzi has something to prove and nothing to loose.

If Shipley actually impresses and makes the team as a 7th rounder, we are all of a sudden in excellent shape for the future. Although I think this is a major "IF". Hopefully he proves everyone wrong. Lol, maybe the doctors could break his arms and insert 4-5" of length and everyone would shut up about that!

rayscb3
04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I think it will be #1. They got a hell of a lot better towards the end of last year and they won the Super Bowl with it so it could not have been really that bad. :2cents::thinking:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-30-2009, 10:38 PM
well they said Zack Thomas was too short and T.J Doucemanzadah was too slow and how Hines Ward was good but not great... ok those people were definetly right too judge players on how they look and paper with 40 times and Hieght and Weight so what if Shipley's arms are 2 inches 2 short thats not going to stop him from being a great center for this team

steelcityrockers
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
It's quite a bit easier for a 5'10'' Linebacker to make it in the league or a less-than-6ft receiver with a 4.5 40 than a barely 6ft center with stubby arms. He would have a better shot in a zone blocking system, not ours where he will have to take DT's one on one and get man handled.

Callax
05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I think an OL of:
Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Urbik, Hills
Might be the best for Pitt.,
Colon becomes a backup OG,
Shipley gets phased into the starting C position
Capizzi becomes a solid reserve OT,
Essex becomes a starting OT due to an injury...
( I'm Prognasticating the coming season)
Guess we will all see how well we can predict the future!!