PDA

View Full Version : Penguins to face Capitals

Prosdo
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Well, the 2nd round was set as Carolina took Jersey in a 3rd period shocker. Penguins match up with the Capitals. Should be a really intense series. Should be great!

Stlrs4Life
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
You mean Crapitals Prosdo! Yeah, NHL dream match up. Crosby/Malkin Ochicken/Semen.

steelcurtain09
04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!

I'm ready for this. Now that we finally have a good goalie and we're not facing a godly goalie we have a much better set up this series.

Prosdo
04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't be so sure.

LarryNJ
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait. Finally the world will be able to see that Malkin is much better than Ovechkin.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-29-2009, 12:02 AM
pens all the way baby

Scorp
04-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Pens will win in maybe 6 or 7. It will be a memorable series either way. But yeah f-ck the caps.

Sir Blitzelot
04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
The Capitals will just be another bump in the road for the Pens, who are on their way to capturing Lord Stanley's Cup! :yellowthumb:

Penguins in Six.

DahBurgh
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Lets go pens!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Malkin Kick his *** seabass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelcurtain09
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
HAHAHA!!!! Malkins better than Ovie!! Thats the funniest joke I've heard in a long time. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

The only reason malkin and crosby's point totals are so high up is that the scorekeeper at the igloo gives a secondary assist on every goal the pens score. For some reason he counts a touch in the neutral zone as an "assist" and that causes malkin to have 78 assists. So impressive.
The pens are really good at getting assists but not at scoring goals. The caps have two players, not even counting ovie, who are at least as good as malkin and crosby.
And I'm also a big believer in simeon varlamov.

Prosdo
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
The pens are really good at getting assists but not at scoring goals.

Doesn't really make sense because in order to get an assist there has to be a goal.

LarryNJ
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
it's comments like that that make me happy I don't live in No Va anymore. At least here in Philly the Flyers fans actually know the game.

lloydfan4life
04-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Woo Hoo!! Let's go Pens!!! :cope:

Stlrs4Life
04-29-2009, 09:46 PM
My Keys To Victory:

1. Test the rookie. Simeon Varlamov has a very respectable 1.17 goals against average, but faced 30+ shots in a game only once in the series against New York. Not only did he enjoy an easy workload, but most of the shots that New York took were from bad angles or far distances--chances with low scoring percentages.

2. Rush the net. Again, the Rangers took too many shots that didn't have much chance to tickle the twine in their 7-game series with Washington. In last night's game, however...the Rangers' lone tally came when Andrew Dubinsky rushed the net and Nik Antropov picked up the loose change and buried it. Sidney Crosby will have to keep scoring the type of goals that he did against Philly and others will have to join in, like Max Talbot, Ruslan Fedotenko, Bill Guerin, Chris Kunitz, Jordan Staal, and Matt Cooke.

Not only do we need more production from the players I named (outside of Crosby, as he was fantastic against Philadelphia), but each of them have scored quite a few goals from in front of the net. That is where the Pens will have to make hay as the sun shines, as the Washington defense is not very physical.

3. Unload on Semin. The guy who once proclaimed that he sees nothing special in Crosby has actually become Washington's most dangerous player. He doesn't need 13 shots per game to put the puck in the net and can stickhandle in a phone booth. Dan Bylsma needs to pair up Sergei Gonchar and Brooks Orpik on Alexander Semin's line so Orpik can wear him down with his physicality. Alexander Ovechkin is going to score and do his stupid ****ing goal celebrations...but if you stop Semin, you'll limit the production of that entire line.

4. Work harder and the bounces will follow. In hockey, the team that works harder usually gets all the bounces. The Pens need to win the battles for loose pucks and work harder in the corners. When the defending Eastern Conference champs are moving their skates, they are near-impossible to beat. If the Pens are able to work harder in 4 of these 7 games, we'll be moving on.

Other things will need to be in order for the Pens to win, like a more productive powerplay and limiting the dumb penalties. We also need to be more physical than the Caps.

When you look at the match-ups, the Pens should win this one in the first 6 games. I believe the Pens are more well-rounded offensively, have a much better defense, and the Caps are putting their playoff hopes on the shoulders of an under-worked/over-appreciated rookie in net.

steelcurtain09
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Doesn't really make sense because in order to get an assist there has to be a goal.

it's comments like that that make me happy I don't live in No Va anymore. At least here in Philly the Flyers fans actually know the game.

you both know what i mean. if you count two assists on every single goal, you won't have to score as many goals to pile up the assists. i bet you could find at least three times (enough to put him ahead of malkin) and probably more, when ovie was the second person before the goalscorer to touch the puck and couldve gotten the assist if he played in pittsburgh.

Stlrs4Life
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
HAHAHA!!!! Malkins better than Ovie!! Thats the funniest joke I've heard in a long time. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

The only reason malkin and crosby's point totals are so high up is that the scorekeeper at the igloo gives a secondary assist on every goal the pens score. For some reason he counts a touch in the neutral zone as an "assist" and that causes malkin to have 78 assists. So impressive.
The pens are really good at getting assists but not at scoring goals. The caps have two players, not even counting ovie, who are at least as good as malkin and crosby.
And I'm also a big believer in simeon varlamov.

Joke? Malkin is better than Ovechkin. Ovechkin is too much of a selfish player. He doesn't realise that there is other players on the team. Heck, I think Malkin is better than Crosby.

Score keeper? The score keeper is an official of the NHL. Can't wait to see half of the Caps arena filled with quite a few Pens Fans. We're pretty well known to take over that arena.

Varlomov will be staining his pants by the 2nd period.

steelerfan11
04-29-2009, 10:03 PM
you both know what i mean. if you count two assists on every single goal, you won't have to score as many goals to pile up the assists. i bet you could find at least three times (enough to put him ahead of malkin) and probably more, when ovie was the second person before the goalscorer to touch the puck and couldve gotten the assist if he played in pittsburgh.

what a min. AO passes the puck?!?! seriously!!

He shoots more than any player in the NHL. No wonder he score soo many goals...he shots two-three times as any other player.

Malkin is a MUCH better player overall.

just so everyone knows...I am still learning the game. I have only watched Hockey for the past few years. A friend of mine loved the game and instead of doing homework we drank and watched the pens...LOL I fell in love with it though.

steelcurtain09
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Joke? Malkin is better than Ovechkin. Ovechkin is too much of a selfish player. He doesn't realise that there is other players on the team. Heck, I think Malkin is better than Crosby.
I will admit that there are times when Ovie can be kinda selfish. But that only happens when the caps are down and he thinks he has to put the team on his shoulders to bring them back.
and i also agree with you that malkin is better than crosby.

Score keeper? The score keeper is an official of the NHL. Can't wait to see half of the Caps arena filled with quite a few Pens Fans. We're pretty well known to take over that arena.
You may be right but for some reason when the penguins are playing, they always seem to get a second assist.
and if you havent noticed the trend over the last few years, but there have been very few pens fans at verizon center recently. i know this is somewhat of a bandwagon effect but i still appreciate our rink now being very volatile to oppossing teams. just ask torterella about that.

Varlomov will be staining his pants by the 2nd period.
varlamov is better than you think. and if you haent noticed, the caps were 3-0-1 against the pens this year. i hope that signals a turn around in who has the power in their series.

Prosdo
04-30-2009, 05:40 AM
I will give the goalie credit he is playing well, but he played against a very anemic Rangers offense. Pens are gonna be a tougher opponent.

LarryNJ
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I will admit that there are times when Ovie can be kinda selfish. But that only happens when the caps are down and he thinks he has to put the team on his shoulders to bring them back.

Malkin plays much better defense, his +/- is better, he knows how to back check, his takeaways are much higher. AO is a great player and will no doubt win the MVP, but that doesn't make him better than Malkin but it does put him in the top 5. :)

but there have been very few pens fans at verizon center recently. i know this is somewhat of a bandwagon effect but i still appreciate our rink now being very volatile to oppossing teams.

This is true, it's not the same as when I'd go in the 80's and 90's and there would be at least 5 or 6000 Pgh fans. There always was a few thousand die hard Caps fans but not many in the area. I actually bought Pens Caps playoff tickets in '90 or '91 the day of the game and was 5 rows off the ice. Ovie does put people in the seats but the Caps fans are not in the same league as the Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Habs fans, they are more like Florida fans. The Pens just won 2 out of 3 in Philly where it's louder and harder to play. The crowd will make them play better, just start the Crosby Sucks chants every 3 minutes like they did at the Wachovia Center.

varlamov is better than you think. and if you haent noticed, the caps were 3-0-1 against the pens this year. i hope that signals a turn around in who has the power in their series.

You can throw out the regular season record, it means NOTHING. Varlamov played a great series. If he plays the same way the Caps will win, I won't be so confident that that will be the case. Last year everyone was talking about Carey Price the same way and look what the flyers did to him. It took a big set for Boudreau to throw him in goal but it certainly looks like a great move so far.

As a Penguin Fan and a hockey fan I couldn't ask for more fun than to play the Flyers and the Caps in the playoffs.

:cope:Get in the fast lane grandma, the Bingo game is ready to roll.:cope:

It's going to be fun!

DahBurgh
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Stick to Football Steelcurtain 09 Crosby and Malkin are going to **** on the Caps.

Scorp
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Stick to Football Steelcurtain 09 Crosby and Malkin are going to **** on the Caps.

PENS WILL F-CK THE CAPITALS HARD
PENS HAVE THE CAPITALS CARD
PENS WILL F-CK THE CAPITALS QUICK
PENS WILL F-CK EM WITH ALL THEIR HOCKEY STICKS
CAPITALS WILL DROP THE PUCK
BY THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL GET F-CKED
ON THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL CHOKE
BY THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL GET SMOKED.

GO PENGUINS :cope:

Troyisabeast_43
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
My Keys To Victory:

1. Test the rookie. Simeon Varlamov has a very respectable 1.17 goals against average, but faced 30+ shots in a game only once in the series against New York. Not only did he enjoy an easy workload, but most of the shots that New York took were from bad angles or far distances--chances with low scoring percentages.

2. Rush the net. Again, the Rangers took too many shots that didn't have much chance to tickle the twine in their 7-game series with Washington. In last night's game, however...the Rangers' lone tally came when Andrew Dubinsky rushed the net and Nik Antropov picked up the loose change and buried it. Sidney Crosby will have to keep scoring the type of goals that he did against Philly and others will have to join in, like Max Talbot, Ruslan Fedotenko, Bill Guerin, Chris Kunitz, Jordan Staal, and Matt Cooke.

Not only do we need more production from the players I named (outside of Crosby, as he was fantastic against Philadelphia), but each of them have scored quite a few goals from in front of the net. That is where the Pens will have to make hay as the sun shines, as the Washington defense is not very physical.

3. Unload on Semin. The guy who once proclaimed that he sees nothing special in Crosby has actually become Washington's most dangerous player. He doesn't need 13 shots per game to put the puck in the net and can stickhandle in a phone booth. Dan Bylsma needs to pair up Sergei Gonchar and Brooks Orpik on Alexander Semin's line so Orpik can wear him down with his physicality. Alexander Ovechkin is going to score and do his stupid ****ing goal celebrations...but if you stop Semin, you'll limit the production of that entire line.

4. Work harder and the bounces will follow. In hockey, the team that works harder usually gets all the bounces. The Pens need to win the battles for loose pucks and work harder in the corners. When the defending Eastern Conference champs are moving their skates, they are near-impossible to beat. If the Pens are able to work harder in 4 of these 7 games, we'll be moving on.

Other things will need to be in order for the Pens to win, like a more productive powerplay and limiting the dumb penalties. We also need to be more physical than the Caps.

When you look at the match-ups, the Pens should win this one in the first 6 games. I believe the Pens are more well-rounded offensively, have a much better defense, and the Caps are putting their playoff hopes on the shoulders of an under-worked/over-appreciated rookie in net.

I agree that goaltending will be the difference in this series once again much like it was in the Philly series. Varlamov will see a lot more pressure and good chances this series then he did in the Rangers series when they were throwing 15 shots at him per game. The Penguins are good for that sometimes in the 1st period when things are really clicking. I think Fleury outplays him and the Penguins will get in his head enough by the middle of the series that I wouldnt be surprised if the Caps yank him in favor of Theodore at some point. With that being said, I agree with you that the Pens should take this series in 6 games with the clincher coming here at home on May 11th.

Stlrs4Life
05-01-2009, 10:25 PM
and if you havent noticed the trend over the last few years, but there have been very few pens fans at verizon center recently. i know this is somewhat of a bandwagon effect but i still appreciate our rink now being very volatile to oppossing teams. just ask torterella about that.

Yeah, they are back to there old tricks. blocking any ticket sales with a Pittsburgh area zip code.

steelcurtain09
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
where'd everyone talking smack go?
i figured it'd take more than one loss to stop you.
i guess i shouldnt have had so much faith in pens fans.

Prosdo
05-03-2009, 08:28 PM

It's one game like you said.

Stlrs4Life
05-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Please, Varamalov played the game of his life. And fortunately, our PP is blowing chunks right now.

LarryNJ
05-03-2009, 08:55 PM
our PP is blowing chunks right now.

That is my biggest concern.

The kid goalie played a good game, his save on Crosby was a great one. Crosby should have buried that it almost looked like he didn't shoot it hard at all.

They'll bounce back tomorrow and head back to the Burgh 1-1

LarryNJ
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
WTF is Malkin doing? I understand his linemates aren't the best but he hasn"t done **** in the playoffs. He looks like he's in a daze. It reminds me of Barry Bonds in the early 90's. We aren't dead but they need to really step it up. Sid has been playing very well, now it's time for him to do something to get the rest of the team on the same page.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Malkin can go **** himself right now......Were has he been in the last 3-4 play-off games?........Fleury is such a little bitch that I really can't stand his punk *** right now either.....He is getting out played by Varlamov........As for Alex Ovechkin at this point I wish somebody from the Pens would beat his brains in with a hockey stick......

Nice effort from Sid the Kid tonight....To bad he is the only worth a damn on the offensive side for the Pens this series so far.....

steelcurtain09
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
varly has been playing the games of his life for the entire playoffs. when are you gonna accept that hes good?

and now its more than one game.

Prosdo
05-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Caps are playing well. Pens couldn't get any secondary scoring tonight. They need more than Sid to show up.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
The PENS played without any sense of urgency,:imho:. Varly is still new, if he is so good why was he playing for the hershey bears all season??

It's easy to make sure it's your house to play in when ya only sell to selected areas.Hell where you been? That place used to look like the Civic Arena before he stopped selling tickets to Pens fans. I guess if ya only sell tickets in your hometown it should look like ya got a respectable fan base, hell they hardly ever sold out before AO came on to the scene, smells of bandwagon fans to me.. just saying:stirpot:

Stlrs4Life
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
WTF is Malkin doing? I understand his linemates aren't the best but he hasn"t done **** in the playoffs. He looks like he's in a daze. It reminds me of Barry Bonds in the early 90's. We aren't dead but they need to really step it up. Sid has been playing very well, now it's time for him to do something to get the rest of the team on the same page.

Malkin is trying to do too much. He needs to play with the same determination that Crosby is playing. And we need to break down Varmalov. Malkin took a dumb tripping penalty last night.

LarryNJ
05-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Malkin is trying to do too much. He needs to play with the same determination that Crosby is playing. And we need to break down Varmalov. Malkin took a dumb tripping penalty last night.

Trying to do too much? I don't see it that way, I see it as he's not trying to do enough. He looks like he's half dead, hopefully tonight he will try and do too much. Sykora is another one who hasn't showed up in the playoffs.

Varmalov has played well but I don't think we are behind because of him. He made the great save on Crosby but other than that he's been solid but hasn't stole a game. Tonight I look for Jordan Stahl to step up and have a big game.

Let's Go Pens!!

BTW: I'm not a fan of the white out. I hope next year they change it to something else.

LarryNJ
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Well Malkin final came to play he was all over the place. Talbot had a strong game too and the Pens inched their way back into the series.

Isn't it amazing how the great players always seem to be in the right place for the lucky bounces like Ovechin goal?

There really is nothing better than NHL playoffs especially when the game goes into OT.

Sir Blitzelot
05-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Man, what an exciting tonight!! Geno played great, it's nice to see he finally got his first goal of the series. Let's go Pens, keep battling! :clap:

Prosdo
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Amazing game! Geno looked great tonight. This team played their asses off. Wow Ovechkin was pretty ****** when being interviewed.

Scorp
05-07-2009, 12:26 AM
**** THE CAPITALS. I GOT A CAPITAL D SITTIN IN MY HANDS AND I'M GOING TO SLAP EM ALL IN ONE SHOT. KISS MY *** O BITCH CHICKEN.

GO PENGUINS!!!!

GoBenGo
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
imho...Pens in 6.....our best is better than their best...sure Sid and Gino are superior,that is obvious...but its the fedotenko, dupuis(sp), Gill, etc where the talent gapwidens...
only a fluke can stop the pens...like maybe latang missing the puck with his lastick( that happened four many times)

LarryNJ
05-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not so sure I'd go that far GoBen. I think Crosby & Malkin are certainly better than AO. But the supporting cast for AO is better than the Pens supporting cast. It's been a great series so far and can go either way.

But I'll take your Pens in 6! :)

GoBenGo
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm not so sure I'd go that far GoBen. I think Crosby & Malkin are certainly better than AO. But the supporting cast for AO is better than the Pens supporting cast. It's been a great series so far and can go either way.

it's just, imho, when these guys are on they look friggin unbeatable...just my observations , but what do i know..i am no hockey expert by far...i started really watching the laST few years...we did not have many televised games here other than flyers and caps:cursin:...now with VS i see a lot more...i'm lernin

LarryNJ
05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I didn't notice you were in De. We are neighbors! :) The Caps fans suck but they have a good team! :) The Flyers suck but their fans are pretty cool!

I'm still in with your Pens in 6! :)

If you want to watch a great goalie, turn on the Hawks and Vancouver and watch Vancouvers goalie...he's putting on a clinic tonight!

LarryNJ
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Series tied at 2! A good win for the Pens although Ovies cheap shot will hurt the Pens. Let's hope that it comes back to haunt them just like it did the Rangers when Graves broke Marios wrist in the playoffs.

No offense to Steel Curtain...but the Caps fans in general are more annoying than Bungal fans. Let's win 2 more and shut them up for 6 months.

Stlrs4Life
05-09-2009, 10:03 PM

No way, all they have is an upcoming Backstrom. I still take Staal over him. If it isn't for Varmolov, the Caps were out of this series early.

Great game tonite. Pens let them in late in the 3rd and come back to win it in OT. And I don't want to hear any Crapital Fan whine about an interference penalty. It was fine that they did it in Game 3 or 4 and got away with it.

Iron City South
05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
PENS TAKE GAME #5 IN OT ... NOW LEAD THE SERIES 3-2

.... as I said prior to game #1, Pens in #6 baby!

:cope:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Great game by the 'GUINS !! Bounces are going are way now, they are starting to believe!!

Prosdo
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
What a game! The Malkin's have to come to every game they are good luck lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Great effort by the PENS in back to back games........They still have no answer for Alex O. though but who cares just as long the Pens win the series......Come on Pens close out the series Monday in the Igloo.....

LarryNJ
05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Great game, good to see others pitching in on the score sheet. Valamov has been knocked off his perch, although it's more the Caps D sucks than Valamov. Since the league didn't do anything to Ovie, let's suspend his *** for for about 4 months starting around 9:30 tomorrow night. It will make it that much sweeter to watch him go down.

Prosdo
05-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Scored tickets to tomorrow's game! Can't wait and hoping to see the Pens win in Pittsburgh!

LarryNJ
05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Sweet! Have fun you lucky bastard! :)

lloydfan4life
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Scored tickets to tomorrow's game! Can't wait and hoping to see the Pens win in Pittsburgh!

You certainly have a very exciting game to be at!!
Tie game, end of regulation.
Excellent goal by Sid to tie things up!

LET'S GO PENS!!! :cope::cope::cope:

LarryNJ
05-11-2009, 09:39 PM
It has been a great game...and a great exciting series. Although I had enough excitement...lets win it on the first shot in OT! :)

LarryNJ
05-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Well now we get a game 7. Fluery is going to have to step it up. He has been just a little above average this series. That won't win a game 7.

lloydfan4life
05-12-2009, 07:17 AM
:iagree:

Captcoolhand
05-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Do or die.... They better pull a rabbit out of their hats if they want a shot at the cup..http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5039/1stplace2.gif (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1stplace2.gif)

LatrobePA
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Fluery has been horrible...The winning OT score was pathetic!

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't say horrible but he has been letting in one "soft" goal a game. He needs to play up to his ability, if he does that we will be all right.

On another note, Sid's goal was just out of this world !! It looked like he knocked down that slap shot ,then passed it to himself and got 3 shots at putting it in. Unbelievable !!....it may have been a lucky bounce of the slap shot hitting the stick ,but I like my version better...

LatrobePA
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't say horrible but he has been letting in one "soft" goal a game. He needs to play up to his ability, if he does that we will be all right.

On another note, Sid's goal was just out of this world !! It looked like he knocked down that slap shot ,then passed it to himself and got 3 shots at putting it in. Unbelievable !!....it may have been a lucky bounce of the slap shot hitting the stick ,but I like my version better...

Horrible in this series, granted the Caps are high powered, but some of the goals have been cake shots. But, we have come close to double the shots on goal in each game.

Sid is amazing! When he gets a little open space it's over. Glad he's on our team!

LarryNJ
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
This series would be long over if MAF was playing like he did last year in the playoffs. I'd say he's closer to horrible than great. He has been flopping around like a fish out of water. Thankfully our D has stepped it up and we have been able to draw penalty's with our speed.

Game 7 can certainly go either way and like the other games will probably be decided by one lucky break or one stupid mistake. I'd say it's 50/50 chance we win. I kind of like the fact that we are away. There is less pressure on the away teams. Let's see which MAF and Malkin show up. We took 2 out of 3 in Philly we can certainly take 2 out of 4 in DC.

Prosdo
05-13-2009, 01:14 AM
The game was awesome! I had a blast and the crowd was insane. Too bad we lost, but we will get them tomorrow!

steelerfan11
05-13-2009, 09:55 AM
So I am tried of arguing this idiots that say the hit that Ovechkin did to Gonchar wasn't a cheap shot. I thought it was...

Also, they say that Gonchar's agent doesn't have to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement. Wouldn't his agent be required to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement on Gonchar's behalf? I would think if the agent made a statement that Gonchar did not agree with he would have been forced to retract his words or he would have been fired...i don't think hockey is any different than other sports in that sense..

Glad you had a great time Prosdo! It had to be crazy and amazing!

LatrobePA
05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
So I am tried of arguing this idiots that say the hit that Ovechkin did to Gonchar wasn't a cheap shot. I thought it was...

Also, they say that Gonchar's agent doesn't have to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement. Wouldn't his agent be required to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement on Gonchar's behalf? I would think if the agent made a statement that Gonchar did not agree with he would have been forced to retract his words or he would have been fired...i don't think hockey is any different than other sports in that sense..

Glad you had a great time Prosdo! It had to be crazy and amazing!

Dude, what are you talking about here?

steelerfan11
05-13-2009, 11:37 AM
It mainly comes down to this:

From TSN

Sources tell TSN Pittsburgh defenseman Sergei Gonchar suffered an apparent knee injury and will miss the next several weeks.

Gonchar was injured following a knee on knee collision with Capitals star Alex Ovechkin who received a minor penalty on the play.

During a Washington power play in the first period of Game 4, Gonchar skated out from behind the Pittsburgh net and Ovechkin appeared to stick out his right knee a moment before the two collided. The Penguins defenceman was unable to put any weight on his right leg and was helped off the ice.

The National Hockey League has ruled out the notion of supplemental discipline which has prompted reaction from Gonchar's representative, JP Barry.

''We now have Exhibit A of the extreme double standard that exists in the NHL's approach to discipline. Alex clearly cuts back with his knee after missing his check with devastating results. But of course, because it's Alex, its all Sergei's fault,'' Barry told TSN.

''It was a extremely negligent hit and if anyone else in this league does the same we all know they will face serious discipline,'' Barry continued. ''Part of being 'great' means playing with respect.''

That is what Gonchar's agent said after the hit my Ovechkin.

My questions is doesn't Barry have to go through Gonchar prior to releasing a statement. Barry can't just state whatever he wants on the incident to the media without Gonchar's consent...or am i completely off on this?

LatrobePA
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Freedom of speach brother!

Thanks for the article...Makes sense now.

steelerfan11
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Freedom of speach brother!

Thanks for the article...Makes sense now.

Thanks for your input...

sorry about the confusion...i tend to even speak in circles always have probably always will.

LarryNJ
05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Way to go Pens!!!! Great game, took the crowd out early and totally dominated the Caps in game 7. It was really a great series. Hats off to the Caps. Ovechin played a great series but the rest of his team was no existent. The Pens were definetely the better team, their defense played great. Crosby was the best player in the series and proved that he is a much better all around player than AO.

As much as I don't like the Caps fans props to them for standing and cheering the last 2 minutes.

8 down 8 to go!

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Finally that game we have been waiting for. We have been by far the better team in the series and this blow out just proves it.

RIVERS OF STEEL
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
And the beat goes on. Way to go Penguins, Way... Hey that song suits all our teams.

LarryNJ
05-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Fluery stepped up with 2 great saves on AO in the first period. He played ****** this seriers but very good in game 7. We'll need him to play much better next series because we won't be playing against such a ****** D & rookie goalie.

Prosdo
05-14-2009, 02:18 AM
I knew the Pens were the better team, but WOW game 7 was a blow out. I think the pressure and lack of experience finally got to Varlamov and the Pens targeted that glove side quite a bit as well. Now we just have to wait and see who we play. GO PENS!!!

blackngold29
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Rob Scuderi is the Aaron Smith of the Pens. He keeps his mouth shut, never gets into trouble *knocks on wood*, works hard, and held Ovechkin in check for the whole series.

NOVA STEELERS
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/uznik/Pittsburgh%20Penguins/SmileyPen.gif

LarryNJ
05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
As we await to see who we will face in the next round. Here's a good letter written to Alexander Semin.

1) Never call out a player who is skilled, intense, superbly talented and has a hunger to win in ways you have never imagined let alone are likely to learn.
2) If you do, at least raise the level of your game to something other than a remake of The Invisible Man.

Read the article HERE (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/05/14/kelley_semin/)

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Fluery stepped up with 2 great saves on AO in the first period. He played ****** this seriers but very good in game 7. We'll need him to play much better next series because we won't be playing against such a ****** D & rookie goalie.

Fluery did not play ****** this series, average maybe but far from ******. Fleury may not have been spectacular but when it came down to it, he made the saves. I agree that he needs to play better but to say he was ****** implies that he cost us the series. He gave up a few soft goals, but also made most of the tough saves

Varlomav,how ever it's spelled, stood on his head and played great expect the last game. If he wasn't playing so well this series would have been over much earlier.
The difference was after game 2 the Pens finally decided to play with desperation, and they all started contributing,all four lines. The caps never got that kind of effort from the supporting class for AO, who showed a lot this series. He has a heavy shot that he isn't afaid to unleash at any time, he is a bit of a gunslinger with it. Scuderi shut him down as well as could be expected,and deserves a lot of credit for his play. Great series , even better that the caps were elimin8ed !!

LET'S GO PENS !!

Scorp
05-18-2009, 01:47 AM
PENS WILL F-CK THE CAPITALS HARD
PENS HAVE THE CAPITALS CARD
PENS WILL F-CK THE CAPITALS QUICK
PENS WILL F-CK EM WITH ALL THEIR HOCKEY STICKS
CAPITALS WILL DROP THE PUCK
BY THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL GET F-CKED
ON THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL CHOKE
BY THE PENS THE CAPITALS WILL GET SMOKED.

GO PENGUINS

Now we're going to f-ck the sugar canes.

LarryNJ
05-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Fluery did not play ****** this series, average maybe but far from ******. Fleury may not have been spectacular but when it came down to it, he made the saves. I agree that he needs to play better but to say he was ****** implies that he cost us the series. He gave up a few soft goals, but also made most of the tough saves

Varlomav,how ever it's spelled, stood on his head and played great expect the last game. If he wasn't playing so well this series would have been over much earlier.
The difference was after game 2 the Pens finally decided to play with desperation, and they all started contributing,all four lines. The caps never got that kind of effort from the supporting class for AO, who showed a lot this series. He has a heavy shot that he isn't afaid to unleash at any time, he is a bit of a gunslinger with it. Scuderi shut him down as well as could be expected,and deserves a lot of credit for his play. Great series , even better that the caps were elimin8ed !!

LET'S GO PENS !!

We'll agree to disagree. Yes we won the series, but I think we won it in spite of Fluery. He was out of position and flopping around many times through out the series. We won it because our D in front of him played very good and our O stepped up. It's almost like Bens 1st SB. We won but he played ******! :)

I also don't think the Russian rookie stood on his head. Look at how many goals we scored. Both the goalies played ****** in the series! :lol:

It's behind us now, bring on Carolina!!:tt02: