PDA

View Full Version : So can someone tell me how the O-line is suppose to improve?

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Hey,

I like the selection of Hood in the first round. He fills a need because we are getting long in the tooth on the D-line.

But how is the running game suppose to get going with no improvements in the O-line?

Ben isn't going to have a long career if we keep having him drop back all the time. We need balance in the offense and I want us to return to this franchise's bread and butter and that is running the ball.

Am I missing something?

K Train
04-28-2009, 01:37 AM
olines get better with time as a general rule....one dominate player can make all the difference and make everyone better....well we didnt go after oher so were gonna be patching things together again this year.

max starks came into his own somewhat, he can play like a probowler one play and an infant child the next

kemo didnt go to the jets like he shouldve but whatever were stuck with him we can only hope he improves....i would say urbik and essex would be his backups

hartwig and stapleton will battle it out for center....hopefull stapleton gets it

RG i would say is gonna be a battle between urbik and colon, edge to colon

the above only happens if they put hills at RT which i think they should

starks, kemo, stapelton, colon, hills doesnt look bad to me, except kemo, that always looks bad

Steel Trap86
04-28-2009, 01:48 AM
You would think Ben would have a ****ing brick-house protecting him for the amount of money the steelers are paying him (8 year/$102 Million), even after winning the Superbowl, I still thought they were going to clean house, but I think there is some potential in starks, he just needs it beaten out of him lol and like train said, one player could make a big difference and set the tone.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Anthony Davis from Rutgers is currently my hope for 2010...Since Trent Williams, Russell Okung, Ciron Black will all be gone by the time Steelers pick in the first round.......Of course Davis would have to come out early for the 2010 draft......

K Train
04-28-2009, 01:53 AM
oher wouldve anchored the line for 10 years.....i am not sure im gonna get over this one, no matter what ziggy does ill have to measure it against oher forever lol.

we could always put shipley in there to anchor it, im pretty sure his immense heart could do it all by himself, he can play multiple positions you know :rolleyes:

K Train
04-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Anthony Davis from Rutgers is currently my hope for 2010...Since Trent Williams, Russell Okung, Ciron Black will all be gone by the time Steelers pick in the first round.......Of course Davis would have to come out early for the 2010 draft......

meh i want mount cody to replace ziggy lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2009, 01:57 AM
meh i want mount cody to replace ziggy lol

I'm still hoping for my potential franchise LT........Ciron Black would make me very happy......Mount Cody would be sweet but I'm sure he will be top 10......

K Train
04-28-2009, 02:01 AM
well when not getting oher hurts us by having ben getting murdered on every other play whos to say we wont be picking in the top 10

lol

we'll get that franchise LT one day.....

hopefull hills gets a fair shot cause i love him

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Ben has been getting his *** kicked the last three years so I'm not worried...lol I'm praying to the Football Gods that Tony Hills is a monster........With this upcoming schedule there is noway the Steelers will pick top 10....

I hate looking at a schedule and declaring it hard or easy on just paper....But they play the NFC North and AFC West......lol 6-7 wins there look right.....We should own the division again....Split with the Titans, Dolphins.....Really 12 wins wouldn't shock me....

DanRooney
04-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Ben has been getting his *** kicked the last three years so I'm not worried...lol I'm praying to the Football Gods that Tony Hills is a monster........With this upcoming schedule there is noway the Steelers will pick top 10....

I hate looking at a schedule and declaring it hard or easy on just paper....But they play the NFC North and AFC West......lol 6-7 wins there look right.....We should own the division again....Split with the Titans, Dolphins.....Really 12 wins wouldn't shock me....

Dolphins? :lol:

Dolphins benefited from one of the easiest schedules last year. They played the NFC and AFC West...then most of the teams split wins within their crap (w/o Brady) division. It's not a surprise they all had decent records. I can't believe nobody has realized this besides myself. I keep hearing "oh the Dolphins are all of a sudden a good team because of Pennington." The only really good defensive team they played last season was Baltimore and they got blown away.

They will win 6 or less games this season. Write it down.

K Train
04-28-2009, 03:22 AM
nah, they are a good team and have a real solid young 34 defense with joey porter fresh off his best year. vontae davis is a stud and they got alot of big wrs to team with ginn, bess and camrillo. jake long dominates the world, pennington might not even play this year it might be henne and pat white splitting time....i think pat white is gonna do disgusting things down there in that gimmicky sparano offense. parcells knows what hes doing

LatrobePA
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Did anyone not watch the line start to gel and start working together, by the SB they were solid IMO, the Cards gave all they had and barely got to Ben, these guys took it upon themselves to start going out to dinner etc etc just to work on that "gel" process. I look for that improvement to continue, maybe it'll mix up a bit with the guys we drafted and maybe they'll snag a FO...

SteelerSal
04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Did anyone not watch the line start to gel and start working together, by the SB they were solid IMO, the Cards gave all they had and barely got to Ben, these guys took it upon themselves to start going out to dinner etc etc just to work on that "gel" process. I look for that improvement to continue, maybe it'll mix up a bit with the guys we drafted and maybe they'll snag a FO...

I thought they improved alot. I'm not as concerned as others about our line and I just hope we find good depth.

igor0190
04-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Our O-Line is YOUNG!

Not sure on the ages.... but all these guys are in their mid 20's aren't they?
Starks, Kemo, Colon, Hills, Stapleton...

They will get better. Hopefully Urbik can make an impact and start. Help in the run game!

DahBurgh
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
The O line is going to improve with experience and chemistry. They have some competition this year for spots but I honestly think we are going to see a large improvement from last year to this year.

LatrobePA
04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
I predict 2 Pro Bowl limemen this year!

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2009, 05:08 PM
The running game will improve by Mendenhall playing all year, hopefully. If the "Tank" is able to unseat Davis,imho he will, that may help also. The line did start to play better towards the end of the year so if they can continue to improve we should be all right...

K Train
04-28-2009, 05:11 PM

on this team?

they have way to bad of a rep to make the probowl now lol

LatrobePA
04-28-2009, 05:17 PM
on this team?

they have way to bad of a rep to make the probowl now lol

LOL, f'n media!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Dolphins? :lol:

Dolphins benefited from one of the easiest schedules last year. They played the NFC and AFC West...then most of the teams split wins within their crap (w/o Brady) division. It's not a surprise they all had decent records. I can't believe nobody has realized this besides myself. I keep hearing "oh the Dolphins are all of a sudden a good team because of Pennington." The only really good defensive team they played last season was Baltimore and they got blown away.

They will win 6 or less games this season. Write it down.

Before being a smartass.......Remember I said the Steelers will split with the Titans,Dolphins......That means the Titans could beat the Steelers and the Steelers beat the Dolphins...Or if you had half a brain you would have looked at the schedule and seen the Steelers play the last game of the season in Miami......If the Steelers have everyting locked heading into that game then that game would be meaningless........

Nobody was hyping the Dolphins dipshit.......What a dumbass you truely are....

BlackGold4vr
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM

I believe that you should share your crack pipe! :hilarious:

Which lineman will they be? Surely you have two in mind who will suddenly go from worst to first.

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2009, 08:19 PM

Yeah..and I saw then also still not being able to run the ball too.

Danger DANJ
04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Why does everyone dog Kemo? I think he improved a lot last year and hopefully he will be better this year. At the end of the season I saw him make some great blocks in the run game, especially when pulling. The guys I don't like are Colon and Hartwig. I was really hoping for Alex Mack in the draft.

K Train
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
colon>kemo

kemo is fat, dumb, awful in pass blocking...AWFUL all he can do is maul in the run game when he has a full head of steam, he misses assignments, the only thing he does well is murder whoever he actually blocks.

colon is right in the middle as far as RTs go across the league, few mental lapses with penalties but not as bad as kemo. every rips him apart, he does well considering he plays out of his natural position

Ambridge
04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
The O-line definately played better as the season wore on but Ben's mobility made them look better and hid the Kinks in the Armor.
A regular pocket passer would have gotten Annihilated....even Ben took too many hard shots during the year and that will be something to watch...which is how much abuse can Ben take if this group goes back to its old ways.

Hey!! They won a Superbowl with this unit....who knows for sure.

LatrobePA
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Yeah..and I saw then also still not being able to run the ball too.

Who did we have to run the ball? Willie that was banged up and admitted to not being 100% most of the season? Moore, he's played good but still not a feature back...Give them a chance, I honestly think we ditched the run game knowing that!

Sir Blitzelot
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Who did we have to run the ball? Willie that was banged up and admitted to not being 100% most of the season? Moore, he's played good but still not a feature back...Give them a chance, I honestly think we ditched the run game knowing that!

I agree. With Willie Parker back healthy, Rashard Mendenhall also back healthly, and Frank Summers as the fullback/goal line back, I expect the running game to be much improved next season.

SteelerSal
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree. With Willie Parker back healthy, Rashard Mendenhall also back healthly, and Frank Summers as the fullback/goal line back, I expect the running game to be much improved next season.

Yes sir!:cope:

LatrobePA
04-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I just read the bio on Summers, I'm pretty pumped to see what he can offer. Sounds like a perfect fit here...Time will tell.