PDA

View Full Version : Who Plays Center?

DCBill
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
If Urbik outcompetes Stapleton, don't be surprised to see Stapleton play and start at Center.

I don't see Shipley starting, unless he is the true reincarnation of Mike Webster, same size but about 50 pounds heavier. But, I am sure stranger things have happened.

K Train
04-27-2009, 11:39 AM
if urbik is not a failure which i think he might be, he would be much better suited for guard than stapleton, stapleton is a center. i think it will either be hartwig or stapleton depending on urbik...i give shipley -1% chance

DCBill
04-27-2009, 01:27 PM
For you K, that was a very positive and substantive ersponse. Thanks.

Many "boards" had Shipley as the sixth or sevent best Center in the nation.

As noted, I have a bias against PSU players as pros, but he must have done something right, somewhere along the line.

"Besides the "short arms" rap (I wonder how long Webster's arms could have been at 6'1" 255?), he's about the size of any number of NFL Centers, so maybe he's the "diamond in the rough."

If TE Johnsin is a quality blocker, then I can live with that pick, but
Joe Burnett seems duplicative, after you draft Wallace (KR) and the CB from Oregon(?).

As I looked up the decent OL available from where we Burnett grabbed, only Cincy's Trevor Canfield (almost the last player chosen) would have been nice to get into camp.

JensK
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Burnett and Lewis are very different type of players. I am almost certain they'll use Lewis as a FS. Burnett has good hands, decent speed and he is a real ball-hawk. Lewis is physical. He reminds me of Ryan Clark really, just clark seem to have a better understanding of the game. Hopefully both Burnett and Lewis will get there. They are some of the better picks of this draft imo

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
if urbik is not a failure which i think he might be, he would be much better suited for guard than stapleton, stapleton is a center. i think it will either be hartwig or stapleton depending on urbik...i give shipley -1% chance

So your telling me there is a chance....yea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

K Train
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
im not clicking on it, ive seen him play, i really have....ive seen him get all the way down field and throw blocks at the second level....his skill set wont translate to the pros though, hes described as a guy that coaches love and you hate to doubt but he really doesnt have the body to play center in the NFL and definitely not for us, maybe when a zone blocking team blocks as a unit he would be able to be servicable but not in our system where he can end up on an island with a NT frequently he would hold us back and get blown up 10 yards back, no push in the run game and no chance against interior rushes.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Dude..it was actually a Dumb and Dumber clip...lol..your killing me.

K Train
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
oh lol, well my computer freaks out when i open links in ie and not firefox and im on ie at the moment lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2009, 06:11 PM
I would be shocked if it is Shipley......But he has his shot so we shall see.....