PDA

View Full Version : Burnett and Summers

darnik44
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Seemed inevitable, I happy with those two and had them both in my mock.

igor0190
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
FRANK THE TANK!
Come and teach him Jerome!

BlackGold4vr
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
I like them both. There is still room on the Frank "The Tank" bandwagon for you non-believers. This dude is bigger, harder to tackle, and faster than some of the RB's drafted much higher.

Oh, and "goodbye" Carey Davis! Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!

Iron City South
04-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Steelers Addicts .... meet FRANK "THE TANK" .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ev5xHCX9I&feature=player_embedded

MillerTime83
04-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Isnt it a bad thing when your 2 5ths round picks are going to be on the team and 2 out of 3 of the 3rds wont.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I like them both. There is still room on the Frank "The Tank" bandwagon for you non-believers. This dude is bigger, harder to tackle, and faster than some of the RB's drafted much higher.

Oh, and "goodbye" Carey Davis! Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!

I agree with this post......Rashard Mendenhall is still the future at RB for the Steelers.....But Summers will give a goal line back and I do see him lining up some at FB......Plus Parker is a FA after this season or 2010......So RB was some what of a need and I have no problem with the Steelers taking a chance in the 5th round with Frank the Tank......

Joe Burnett gives us another corner and guy that can return kicks just like Mike Wallace.......Our return units were seriously upgraded in this draft.....

darnik44
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Isnt it a bad thing when your 2 5ths round picks are going to be on the team and 2 out of 3 of the 3rds wont.

Take that one step further. Pretty bad when the fans are most excited about your 5th round picks. I do however like Keenan Lewis alot and think in time Wallace will be a solid player. Wallace is very comparable physically to Nate Washington.

Iron City South
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Burnett is the new generation Deshea Townsend ... Looks and plays just like him except somewhat faster.

steelcityrockers
04-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I like Burnett. Terrific ball skills. The could have signed Summers after the draft, plus there was just oh so much more talented backs left when they took him. Have fun on the practice squad.

darnik44
Something nice about Summers is he can replace Russell and Davis. That could free up a roster spot.

Black@Gold Forever32

What two third round picks won't make this team?...lol Urbik will make the team....He is at least an upgrade at RG....I like Stapleton but I prefer him to come off the bench as a backup center or guard....Mike Wallace will make the team since another WR is a need and he can return kicks.......Lewis won't be cut either......Mike Tomlin will do wonders for him....

K Train
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
we already had that and more with gay

this draft is just plain awful from top to bottom....please just spare me and forfeit the remaining picks, your commiting to failure as it is, should just stay put rather than taking steps backwards.

cornelius lewis remains my only hope for happiness

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
we already had that and more with gay

this draft is just plain awful from top to bottom....please just spare me and forfeit the remaining picks, your commiting to failure as it is, should just stay put rather than taking steps backwards.

cornelius lewis remains my only hope for happiness

William Gay is a fine player and should start this year........We need depth though.......Lewis and Burnett give us that....Plus Burnett can return kicks.....

igor0190
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Summers' 4.55 time in the 40 was better than the times posted by 16 of the 23 backs who performed in Indianapolis. It should be noted, too, that those at the Combine had the luxury of running the event's signature test indoors, as opposed to the windy conditions Summers ran in Thursday. His 34.5-inch vertical topped only three of the Combine participants. He hoisted 225 pounds 30 times, hardly struggling in the process. Of the 23 backs to lift in Indy, the highest total number of reps was 29.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/mar/06/summers-steals-show-unlv-pro-day/

BlackGold4vr
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Summers' 4.55 time in the 40 was better than the times posted by 16 of the 23 backs who performed in Indianapolis.

That was my point as well. Not only does he have a low center of gravity, is as tough as nails, but he has got some wheeles as well. I agree with Darnik, he could replace Davis as a fullback and Russell as our short yardage back. I think the dude is a hammer and he will also be a guy on special teams that flat out kills people! :yesnod:

K Train
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
these guys rarely pan out.....john kuhn, noah herring....all awesome late round pickups

hell be on the practice squad

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
these guys rarely pan out.....john kuhn, noah herring....all awesome late round pickups

hell be on the practice squad

Ok but really any pick at this point has a very good chance of not panning out.....The Steelers have to think long term here as well and Frank Summers does have a shot make the team as the goal line back and maybe play some FB....Plus down the road might be the backup to Mendenhall...Parker is a FA soon.....If he doesn't pan out then it was only a 5th round pick....lol

igor0190
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
That was my point as well. Not only does he have a low center of gravity, is as tough as nails, but he has got some wheeles as well. I agree with Darnik, he could replace Davis as a fullback and Russell as our short yardage back. I think the dude is a hammer and he will also be a guy on special teams that flat out kills people! :yesnod:

Above all I think he has great agility and that's why the Steelers believe he is special.

b0bby
04-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Can't wait to see him play reminds me a bit of the bus.

Callax
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM

That is a BAAAADDD MAN!!!
WOW!!!
Haven't seen a hit like that since Hines decleated LEGALLY Rivers for Cinn
Rule change or not
It was a LEGAL HIT ON THE SHOULDER HE JUST DE CLEATED HIM INTO NEXT WEEEK!!!

K Train
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
yeah youtube highlights make him look like the best ever...just like every other player drafted....go find a jorvoskie lane clip

TEEMONT
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM

wtf is he playin there...high school football?

Stlrs4Life
04-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Burnett:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_e4WvHiBQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysyfLs_gDs0&feature=player_embedded

I also like the Frank The Tank pick. Just maybe now we can get rid of Carey Davis.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM

lol, i just realized that he was the kicker too in that last hit.Cool Vid..thanks.