PDA

View Full Version : 3 Picks in Round #3

Iron City South
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Steelers will now have three third round picks as a result of the trade with the Broncos.

Excellent trade!

We now get pick 79 and 84 for giving up our #64th and our 4th rounder.

This now gives us the 79th, 84th, and 96th picks in this year's draft.

A ton of quality players still left on the board, great move on the FO's part.:cope:

K Train
04-25-2009, 11:16 PM
we lose in the 3rd round, i guarantee not all of them make the team

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Is this spreading the wealth?? :lol:

darnik44
04-26-2009, 02:52 AM
I hated today for the Steelers.

K Train
04-26-2009, 02:55 AM
hey darnik....i completely agree....****ing awful. there is not legitimizing what went on today....absolutley awful, im unconvincable otherwise...i understand how things work enough to be very disappointed in us drafting a workout warrior 43 DT that wont be on the team in 3 years

Captcoolhand
04-26-2009, 08:15 AM
The trade gives Pittsburgh three picks in the third round, including the No. 96 overall pick they already owned. Director of football operations Kevin Colbert had said there was enough depth in the draft that starters could be found throughout the first three rounds.

The Steelers spent most of the second round trying to trade up, only to wind up trading down.

"This was a better option," Colbert said. "It was a chance to pick up extra picks, and it was inviting. We'd like to get three quality guys." Did I miss something here?

I'm still trying to figure out what the reasoning behind this trade was. :scratch:
You give up 2 draft picks just to get 2 draft picks. :thinking:
Was it a move to save money because they didn't gain nothing else. :imho:

coach
04-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Steelers will now have three third round picks as a result of the trade with the Broncos.

Excellent trade!

We now get pick 79 and 84 for giving up our #64th and our 4th rounder.

This now gives us the 79th, 84th, and 96th picks in this year's draft.

A ton of quality players still left on the board, great move on the FO's part.:cope:

you guys could both be right. get the picks, coode linemen and only keep the ons who pan out, cut others loose. Now we just have to see who they pick.

K Train
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
im reallly hoping for robinson, meredith or even caldwell cause after them the quality of linemen plummets

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Snapshot of our draft so far and how round 3 will play out.....

Round 1, Pick 32 (32) Evander Hood DT 6'3" 300 Missouri
Pick Analysis:The Steelers snag the energetic Hood at the bottom of the first round to upgrade their depth along the line. Though many pegged Hood as a "one-gap" interior tackle, his combination of strength and movement fit in nicely as a 3-4 defensive end. With the luxury of learning behind a veteran crew, Hood should develop into a starter in a year or two.
Round 3, Pick 15 (79) (From Broncos)
Round 3, Pick 20 (84) (From Bears through Broncos)
Round 3, Pick 32 (96)
Round 5, Pick 32 (168)
Round 5, Pick 33 (169) (Compensatory selection)
Round 6, Pick 32 (205)
Round 7, Pick 17 (226) (From Buccaneers)
Round 7, Pick 32 (241)

K Train
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM
im hoping for dj moore, coye francies, duke robinson, jamon meredith, macho harris here at 96

Callax
04-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Snapshot of our draft so far and how round 3 will play out.....

Round 1, Pick 32 (32) Evander Hood DT 6'3" 300 Missouri
Pick Analysis:The Steelers snag the energetic Hood at the bottom of the first round to upgrade their depth along the line. Though many pegged Hood as a "one-gap" interior tackle, his combination of strength and movement fit in nicely as a 3-4 defensive end. With the luxury of learning behind a veteran crew, Hood should develop into a starter in a year or two.
Round 3, Pick 15 (79) (From Broncos)
Round 3, Pick 20 (84) (From Bears through Broncos)
Round 3, Pick 32 (96)
Round 5, Pick 32 (168)
Round 5, Pick 33 (169) (Compensatory selection)
Round 6, Pick 32 (205)
Round 7, Pick 17 (226) (From Buccaneers)
Round 7, Pick 32 (241)

I am content with the Hood pick, I cannot understand why the hell we would give up our 2nd AND 4th round pick??????? for 2 3rd round???
That was just dumb!!!
We should have ONLY given up the 2nd round for (2) 3rd's Denver just got a big gift!!!
The G Kraig Urbik we got was being shown on Senior Day and was getting burned on double moves and HE HAD TO ( wait for it....) HOLD the guy to keep from giving up the sack.....
They said he had too wide of a stance and that it was a technique problem that could be fixed.... Too bad more of our lineman couldn't get that "simple" problem fixed!!
A very good Burner in WR Mike Wallace
A bit of a project in Keenan Lewis
Still would like us to get G Duke Robinson, BUT we have no 4th round PICK CUZ WE TRADED IT TO DENVER...WHY?????

SoCalBlackandGold
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
I dont understand why were not going after O-line! Our line has been precarrious for years but we keep drafting the same positions year to year. How about grabbing some of those big Iowa boys! :helmet: