PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Ziggy Hood - Steelers 2009 1st round draft choice

SteelCityMan786
04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
The 32nd Selection in the 2009 NFL Draft.

K Train
04-25-2009, 07:36 PM
i absolutely ****ing hate this pick....we will watch him fail, this is ryan mcbean v.20 with a shot load more money invested in him

BFISHIN80
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
This dude is pretty strong.

DanRooney
04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
i absolutely ****ing hate this pick....we will watch him fail, this is ryan mcbean v.20 with a shot load more money invested in him

I agree. Ziggy ****ing Hood? WTF

SteelCityMan786
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm stunned they didn't pick Laurinatis or Mauluga.

Callax
04-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I was hoping that Pitt would trade down and get Hood and Gilbert, But Buffalo got Wood and Clev got Mack....
Kiper said he's not surprised Hood went here,( 28th rated player) Pitt needs to get younger on the DL and I agree! ( glad no corner was picked up by Pitt)
He said that wr Bey going to oakland was A MASSIVE REACH by al davis!!!
get him out of there he's got alzheimers and he's just plain STUPID ANYMORE!!!

steelerfan11
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I bet they try to trade up to get Gilbert or Maualuga.

Callax
04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm stunned they didn't pick Laurinatis or Mauluga.

Pitt doesn't need a ILB they are doing good with Timmons, Foote and Farrior
Farrior is getting up there but still has 2-3 years left
Foote is solid
Timmons looks like he's gonna be a stud!

a little surprised that malauaga is stillon the board going into early 2nd round!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
This pick makes a lot of sense, our DL is not getting any younger and Hood can get into the rotation and learn as he goes. He won't have to start but atleast we have top prospect to start grooming for the future.

TampaSteelGirl
04-25-2009, 08:02 PM

I"m with you here!! I"m NOT happy with this pick!!! I wanted Max Unger, very versatile!! 2nd pick better be better than this!!

TampaSteelGirl
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I"m not feelin this pick!!

XLJohn
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes But we need a O/LC I really do not like this pick

K Train
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM
let me just say timmons isnt the kind of MLB were gonna need, hes awesome, but thats because he plays next to farrior who is a 34 MLB and can blow up guards....maualuga is that kind of player, in that same mold.

hood will fail on this team...NOT HAPPY

they can just go ahead and cut him now, save us 3-4 years of failure

SteelCityMan786
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Pitt doesn't need a ILB they are doing good with Timmons, Foote and Farrior
Farrior is getting up there but still has 2-3 years left
Foote is solid
Timmons looks like he's gonna be a stud!

a little surprised that malauaga is stillon the board going into early 2nd round!

You also have to figure that Foote is going to be gone soon to.

This pick makes a lot of sense, our DL is not getting any younger and Hood can get into the rotation and learn as he goes. He won't have to start but atleast we have top prospect to start grooming for the future.

I was hoping they'd go DL at some point. Good work on this pick.

Iron City South
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM

Exactly. This pick tells me they realize that our DL is getting a little long in the tooth. We need someone that can come in, learn the system, and be ready to step in at any moment should one of our aging starters go down.

Not exactly what I was hoping for in the 1st round, but a safe pick nonetheless.

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/liveblog_1/ziggy_hood_to_the_steelers1/

Troyisabeast_43
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Pretty good pick Hood has a high ceiling and will fit in well with our d line. Everybody needs to relax because the Steelers have a lot of picks left. And sometimes as we all know the best picks are the ones you get in the later rounds...

MillerTime83
04-25-2009, 08:27 PM
should have traded up for Oher

steelerfan11
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Hood is projected as a DE that CAN'T stop the run!

according to http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

The steelers are trying to trade up in the second to take Unger.

I don't like Unger...but thats me

K Train
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM
oher plummeted to 23 and they couldnt make a move? really? and now hes a raven....sweet.

this is not a safe pick at all, he will ride the bench until we ultimately cut him

Callax
04-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see Pitt get DE Jerron Gilbert, But that would be 2 DL in the first 2 picks....
that would be neglecting our OL, I believe thet will either go after OT Warren Beatty Connecticut, C Unger or OT Phil Loadholt Oklahoma

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
We took two LB's in 2007....So why not two DL in 2009?...Take Gilbert if he is there damn it......

Iron City South
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
oher plummeted to 23 and they couldnt make a move? really? and now hes a raven....sweet.

this is not a safe pick at all, he will ride the bench until we ultimately cut him

You have no clue about Hood. Honestly, you just don't like the pick so, of course, it's all gloom and doom. Hood isn't even close to McBean .... McBean was lazy and didn't take to coaching too well. Hood is a "high motor" guy that plays out of his mind. A good fit for our defensive mindset.

K Train
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
move up and take gilbert now...i wont be furious then,just mildly disappointed. at least gilbert has some potential

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM

I'm not shocked Oher slipped to 23 since I mentioned it months ago he would fall to the 20s.....I wish the Steelers would have traded up for Oher also but they didn't....Nothing we can do at this point...As soon as Hood's name was announced I thought of you and how much you hated the pick of Hood....

K Train
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
You have no clue about Hood. Honestly, you just don't like the pick so, of course, it's all gloom and doom. Hood isn't even close to McBean .... McBean was lazy and didn't take to coaching too well. Hood is a "high motor" guy that plays out of his mind. A good fit for our defensive mindset.

hood would only be effective in a tampa 2....he will fail in a 34..its a very picky position

hood would barely make my top 50 list and he would be left off the 34 eligible players completely....i really thought better of the steelers front office. cant wait to see him fail.

they must have thought he had a cool nickname so he must be fun to be around on the sideline when hes riding the bench making first round bank

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I wasn't thrilled with Hood either....But the Steelers needed to add youth along the DL.....Like ICS said Hood does have a high motor and never quits.....Plus he was the only player worth a damn along Missouri's front 7 and he still produced.....I wanted Gilbert and question if Hood can be a DE in a 3-4....He sure isn't a NT so he would have to play DE.....I'm willing to give the guy a chance.....

igor0190
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm definately happy they didnt reach for Unger at 32. He just does not seem like a great athlete from the tape i've seen. Bad feet. Ziggy looks like the kind of player who will fit well at DE in our defence and I'm sure that is why we drafted him.
Hopefully we can snag Beatty or Loadholt with our next pick.

MOVE UP STEELERS!

K Train
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
im not, i remain strong on my stance of disappointment, this is wayyy worse than taking bruce davis. i figure hes gonna fail so the sooner he does the sooner we can move on. i wont be acknowledging him as a steeler for the upcoming season lol

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm not gonna rake this guys balls until i see him play after we coach him up in our system...i'll give him a chance,we definately needed youth and at the very least he gives us that.

Sir Blitzelot
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I am pleased with the pick of Ziggy. He will add some depth to the aging defensive line, and with his high enegy type of play, he should be quite effective in the 3-4 defense. Keep up the good work Steelers! :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, & Hood all in the nickel. Good luck for opposing QB's.

(http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/report.php?f=3&p=10419)

steelcityrockers
let me just say timmons isnt the kind of MLB were gonna need, hes awesome, but thats because he plays next to farrior who is a 34 MLB and can blow up guards....maualuga is that kind of player, in that same mold.

hood will fail on this team...NOT HAPPY

they can just go ahead and cut him now, save us 3-4 years of failure

He pretty much fits the mold of a 3-4 DE to a T.

Iron City South
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Got to hand it to Ed Bouchette ... he nailed it!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09115/965472-66.stm

K Train
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah a smurf dlineman that cant take on blockers or stop the run? hes a penetrating 43 DT, not a block eating, run stuffing 34 DE. it took keisel years to learn how to play the position at a somewhat respectable level.....keisel will never blow you away and hood isnt the type of player that is gonna push him for playing time at all

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Gilbert or Beatty at 64 would be alright with me...

STEEL CITY TANK
04-25-2009, 09:57 PM
What da F*CK!!!, what did they trade their 2nd pick for? omg I hope it was for something good but as of now I'm f*ckin MAD

ward86steelers
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
We have the 15,20, and 32nd pick in the 3rd round. I know 15 came from Denver. Did the 20 come from Denver as well?

BlackGold4vr
04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Cool your jets! We got 2 3rd round picks from Denver. We now have the 79th, 84th, and the 96th picks in the third round. I think that was a great move!

:clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Cool your jets! We got 2 3rd round picks from Denver. We now have the 79th, 84th, and the 96th picks in the third round. I think that was a great move!

Now the Steelers have to use those picks wisely.....

ward86steelers
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=BlackGold4vr;292403]Cool your jets! We got 2 3rd round picks from Denver. We now have the 79th, 84th, and the 96th picks in the third round. I think that was a great move!

I agree with the move. Still hoping we can get Gilbert though.

Stlrs4Life
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM

It's not a fancy pick. I don't hate it. He isn't expected to start for another 2 years. Hampton and Hoke are not getting any younger.

V_83
04-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Any chance we go Jarron Gilbert, Mike Thomas, Fenuki Tupou in the third?

STEEL CITY TANK
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
well I sure as hell hope we get Gilbert

Callax
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM

I hope that they draft well and intelligently...
I'll call it now and say that Pitt will draft in no particular order:
DE Jerron Gilbert
WR Mike Thomas or WR Derrick Williams
OT Gerald Cadogen
BUT I would not be surprised if they went after CB DJ Moore from Vanderbilt ( short but a steal in the late 3rd round)

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM

Evander "Ziggy" Hood

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 300 | Position:DT | College: Missouri

Overview:

The secondary was the obvious weak link of the Tigers' defense the past two years, but with Hood in the trenches Missouri more than held its own up front. That unit allowed only 124.86 yards per game rushing in 2008, ranking second in the Big 12 Conference and 12th in the nation in tackles for loss, registering an average of 7.43 stops behind the line of scrimmage per game.

Called by head coach Gary Pinkel, "the most tenacious player on the team," Hood lived up to that reputation. Despite constantly battling double-team coverage, he collected 10 sacks, 15 stops behind the line of scrimmage and 16 quarterback pressures the last two seasons as the team's starting weak-side defensive tackle.

Hood was a highly-regarded athlete who excelled on defense and also played tight end for Palo Duro High School. He ranked as the No. 35 weak-side defensive end in the nation, according Rivals.com, and was named District 3-4A Defensive Player of the Year as a senior, when he registered 93 tackles and 13 sacks.

That season, Hood also scored three defensive touchdowns and recovered three fumbles. He earned All-District honors each of his last two years. He registered 76 tackles as a junior, including five sacks and also returned an interception for a touchdown. In addition to football, he threw the shot and discus for his school's track team.

K Train
04-25-2009, 11:19 PM
trading with denver was hardly a wise move if we draft like we did in the first and if we draft like we have in the 3rd the last few years

K Train
04-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I hope that they draft well and intelligently...
I'll call it now and say that Pitt will draft in no particular order:
DE Jerron Gilbert
WR Mike Thomas or WR Derrick Williams
OT Gerald Cadogen
BUT I would not be surprised if they went after CB DJ Moore from Vanderbilt ( short but a steal in the late 3rd round)

2 penn state players lol...no way

HUNT4SEVEN
04-25-2009, 11:41 PM
This is something i just found on him http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8v6go_ziggy-hood-draft-snapshot_sport I trust the F.O. they have done an good job over the years, i just hope that this was not an desperation pick:crossfingers: I do like the fact that they traded out of the 2nd round an now they have 3 picks tommorow:yesnod:we will be ok Sixburgh Nation:tt02:

K Train
04-25-2009, 11:45 PM
we have such a good record in the 3rd round....thats a joke

im so thrilled about the future of this team being setup to fail...awesome

BlackGold4vr
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Im liking Duke Robinson (G), Jerron Gilbert (DE), and Mike Thomas (WR). We lost our 4th round pick but I like A.Q. Shipley and Joe Burnett in the 5th.

K Train
04-25-2009, 11:51 PM
shipley is awful

BlackGold4vr
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM
shipley is awful

He and B&G32's Doug Legurski can fight for the back-up job. I would also be okay with another tackle.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Ktrain you're cracking me up.....lol

Hey I think Hood will upgrade our inside pass rush in our sub package defenses.......Hood is high character player with a non stop motor....classic Steeler player.......I'm confident the Steelers coaches and Aaron Smith can mold Ziggy into a 3-4 DE......Plus he might play some NT from time to time.....Hood compares in size with Jay Ratliff the DE from the Cowboys.....Doesn't Ratliff also play some NT at times for the Cowboys?....I know the Cowboys 3-4 is different from the Steelers 3-4 but just saying I think Hood can make the transition to 3-4 DE.....

--- Added 4/25/2009 at 11:01 PM ---

Im liking Duke Robinson (G), Jerron Gilbert (DE), and Mike Thomas (WR). We lost our 4th round pick but I like A.Q. Shipley and Joe Burnett in the 5th.

Robinson, Gilbert, Thomas will be fine with me....Yes Doug Legursky is my guy.....Thanks for bringing that up again....lol I never said he would be great but hopefully a solid starter one day....Shipley is a Legursky clone that just played at a bigger school.....

DanRooney
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Ziggy Hood = One Big *** Mistake America? :lol:

NorCalSteel
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
You folks need to give The Steelers draft people a little credit. They have been pretty decent the last few years. So stop your crying little bitches enjoy your 6 superbowls and give the new kid a chance. GO STEELERS :cope::helmet::cope:

Tr305
04-26-2009, 02:31 AM
I 2nd that we have drafted just fine over the years... do I wish we would have traded up and got eric wood or micheal oher yes but I wont knock hood just yet obviously we see something in him. Just lookin forward to 2moro hopefully we come out with three strong players

K Train
04-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Ktrain you're cracking me up.....lol

Hey I think Hood will upgrade our inside pass rush in our sub package defenses.......Hood is high character player with a non stop motor....classic Steeler player.......I'm confident the Steelers coaches and Aaron Smith can mold Ziggy into a 3-4 DE......Plus he might play some NT from time to time.....Hood compares in size with Jay Ratliff the DE from the Cowboys.....Doesn't Ratliff also play some NT at times for the Cowboys?....I know the Cowboys 3-4 is different from the Steelers 3-4 but just saying I think Hood can make the transition to 3-4 DE.....

--- Added 4/25/2009 at 11:01 PM ---

Robinson, Gilbert, Thomas will be fine with me....Yes Doug Legursky is my guy.....Thanks for bringing that up again....lol I never said he would be great but hopefully a solid starter one day....Shipley is a Legursky clone that just played at a bigger school.....

ratliff sucks at NT, he got 8 sacks last year but as a whole he held them back because hes an interior rusher and his best spot on their line was at DE....they had no true NT and they run a different version of the 34 but NT is equally important, he failed...you dont want your NT rushing the passer to get there sometimes, you want your NT to gobble up blockers so your LBs can get there all the time

DanRooney
04-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Will be very disappointed if we don't get Duke Robinson, D.J. Moore, and Antoine Caldwell with the three 3rd round picks

K Train
04-26-2009, 02:44 AM
so far disappointment is to be expected

STEEL CITY TANK
04-26-2009, 04:14 AM
I've been lookin at nothing but Ziggy articles and watchin videos, and he may become a good DE never heard of the guy until today so I flipped KMA but our front office has been doing a hell of a job since 2000 so I'll give him a red shirt year and some lead way

cmerrifield
04-26-2009, 07:58 AM
I like Hood, I think he is teachable and a hard working guy. That is 2 key components to making a player good. They Steelers didnt use anywhere near all of their 10 minutes on the clock for Hood. They must have knew they wanted him or at least he was on the board. I do find it interesting that there is this much complaining. I would just like to know, how many complained when the Steelers took Timmons and Woodley, and then, even though it remains to be seen, Mendenhall and Sweed. It has been my experience that a whole lot of people complain about the picks, UNTIL WE WIN THE SUPERBOWL, and then the picks are fine. This team knows what it is doing. I dont always understand the picks, but I dont hate them.

steelerfan11
04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I think he deserves a chance...He is going to be learning from Aaron Smith and that alone should help him be much better!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 09:50 AM
ratliff sucks at NT, he got 8 sacks last year but as a whole he held them back because hes an interior rusher and his best spot on their line was at DE....they had no true NT and they run a different version of the 34 but NT is equally important, he failed...you dont want your NT rushing the passer to get there sometimes, you want your NT to gobble up blockers so your LBs can get there all the time

I clearly stated the Cowboys run a different 3-4 then the Steelers....I also know the NT's responsibilities in our defense...You don't have to educate me on the Steelers defense Ktrain so please don't go there...I have been watching football alot longer then you...lol

I never said Jay Ratliff was great....But just pointed out he has played DE and NT in the Cowboys 3-4 scheme and has the same type of build as Hood.....

--- Added 4/26/2009 at 08:50 AM ---

Players like Hood and Timmons could allow the Steelers to even evolve more on defense.......Run more 3-4/4-3 hybrid type defenses......I'm not saying this will happen but you never know what a great mind like Coach LeBeau is thinking and you give a man like that talent and he will find a way to use it....

K Train
04-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I clearly stated the Cowboys run a different 3-4 then the Steelers....I also know the NT's responsibilities in our defense...You don't have to educate me on the Steelers defense Ktrain so please don't go there...I have been watching football alot longer then you...lol

I never said Jay Ratliff was great....But just pointed out he has played DE and NT in the Cowboys 3-4 scheme and has the same type of build as Hood.....

--- Added 4/26/2009 at 08:50 AM ---

Players like Hood and Timmons could allow the Steelers to even evolve more on defense.......Run more 3-4/4-3 hybrid type defenses......I'm not saying this will happen but you never know what a great mind like Coach LeBeau is thinking and you give a man like that talent and he will find a way to use it....

lol it wasnt to eduacate you, it was to further prove how disturbed i am lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
lol it wasnt to eduacate you, it was to further prove how disturbed i am lol

I know man and that is why I had lol in my post.....I was just messing around......Damn Bears just took Gilbert...lol

K Train
04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
i know, one single tear streamed down my cheek

leave it to them and their anemic *** offense to take a defender with their first pick

TEEMONT
04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
we have such a good record in the 3rd round....thats a joke

im so thrilled about the future of this team being setup to fail...awesome

man....did koopa hack your account? lol

I dont HATE the Hood pick. He doesn't seem to be a 3-4 DL, but I do have faith in Tomlin. McBean was a Cowher pick, and Cowher at that point just didnt seem to give a **** about his young players.

Give the dude a few years, seems like he has the right build to play all 3 spots on the line. He is an upgrade over Nick Eason, and hopefully in a few years he steps up and replaces someone on the line.

K Train
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
the wedge was outlawed on kickoffs but we still drafted a wedge buster in the first round....this still disturbs me lol

igor0190
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
KTRAIN...

I think that you should put together who you would've drafted out of the available players at each of the Steelers picks. Then in 2-3 years someone can bring this post up and we can compare and see who would've had the better draft!

With some proof that you are right maybe you could become a NFL Scout??? You seem to be knowledgable on many college players.

K Train
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
sammie lee hill went to the lions, thats the steal of the draft.....hes a DT worth having on the team

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Ktrain is entitled to his opinions last time I checked.......I have no problems with his view on the Steelers draft.....

I just don't rush judgment on a draft class.....Really any player in the entire draft is unknown as an NFL player right now.....

Ktrain I agree Hill was a steal for the Lions.....

K Train
04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
i dont usually rush judgement on a draft class either, but i do feel like we usually draft smarter than this

kyle moore is a buc, another player better than hood

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
i dont usually rush judgement on a draft class either, but i do feel like we usually draft smarter than this

kyle moore is a buc, another player better than hood

All the years that I have been a fan....I have come to realize that every draft there is players that I really liked and wanted the Steelers to draft which they passed on and those players turned out to be bums....On the other hand there has been players that I hated and they turned out to be super stars or quality players.....The draft is never an exact science.....

I was high on Kordell Stewart when he was drafted in the second round back in 1995....lol I was also stoked when the Steelers traded up for Ricardo Colclough back in 2004...lol

Most of the first round picks I have been on board with throughout the years.....But I hated the first round picks of Jamain Stephens, Troy Edwards, and Kendall Simmons.....I wans't thrilled with the trade up for Troy Polamalu in 2003....lol You know I wasn't thrilled with Timmons at first back in 2007.....

I loved the first round picks of Burress, Hampton, Big Ben, Miller, Holmes, Mendenhall.......

I wasn't thrilled at first about Hood but I'm warming up to him and going to give the Hood a chance......

K Train
04-26-2009, 01:30 PM
meh, im not really over it yet lol. i hope they haze the **** out of him in camp and force him into an early retirement

lol

dawgs
04-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Ziggy seems like a good player, But I'm worried about his size. The whole point of a NT in a 3-4 is to take up blockers for your LB's. Ziggy is 6'1 300 pounds. I don't see him taking up 2 guys.

K Train
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
we just drafted sonny, the low motor, lazy clone of ziggy.....unreal lol

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d81005954

K Train
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
:banging:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
lol train...it's gonna be a long few months for you.

dawgs
04-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I got a question, what do you guys think about the browns draft. Be honest.

My thoughts. At first I was disappointed because I wanted some pass rush or ray mags. ray ended up dropping and dropping so i guess other teams seen a problem with his pass rush, and drop back ability to. But then I stepped back and thought about it.

Alex mack is the best center in the draft, and will most likely be a brown for many years. add that with thomas and steinbach, looks pretty good.

robo is 6'3, great hands and runs the best routes in the draft. People say he is to slow, But he kinda reminds me of hines ward without the blocking ability. With the hands and route running.

Then of course they took another WR, couple LB's, 2 CB's and a RB. The running back they got put up 1700 yards and 17TDs 2 years ago.

K Train
04-27-2009, 10:38 PM
i hate mack, always have. wood was the best center int he draft....i just said in the other thread mangini had a man crush on mangold in NY....that being said the browns are a good fit for him because they legit have a top 3 oline around him

robiskie was a sensational pick.....most polished, pro ready WR in the draft, hes got solid speed, terrific hands and runs crisp diciplined routes. and hes got a big tall body to go with it, that hines ward comparison isnt far off.....i would have rather used 32 on him than ziggy

browns also draft coye francies right? awesome corner, a legit 2nd round talent that fell way further than he should have

dawgs
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
i hate mack, always have. wood was the best center int he draft....i just said in the other thread mangini had a man crush on mangold in NY....that being said the browns are a good fit for him because they legit have a top 3 oline around him

robiskie was a sensational pick.....most polished, pro ready WR in the draft, hes got solid speed, terrific hands and runs crisp diciplined routes. and hes got a big tall body to go with it, that hines ward comparison isnt far off.....i would have rather used 32 on him than ziggy

browns also draft coye francies right? awesome corner, a legit 2nd round talent that fell way further than he should have

ya francies, He got kicked out of his last school for some reason and had to transfer. That could also be a big reason why he fell so late. big guy with alot of emotion(talks alot of trash). If he pans out, then he could be a breathe of fresh air for the browns.