PDA

View Full Version : Does Signing Ratliff Mean No CB in Early Rounds??

DCBill
04-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Today's signing of CB Keiwan Ratlieff was for depth or maybe to allow us to dump Fernando Bryant.

Could be some desperation, indicating a need to go CB early (which I don't think) or suggests that they won't turn to CB before Round 4.

I still am thinking, absent some trade up or down, OL-DL-OL or DL-OL-OL in Rounds 1 through three.

K Train
04-24-2009, 08:28 PM
tomlin doesnt want to reach for oline....theres not way we would get 3 lineman in the first 3 rounds, thats stupid....we just stockpile bums like that. we dont get a lineman on day one unless its oher, smith or wood in the first or wood, loadholt, robinson in the second.

no corner...i have never really considered that an option though unless vontae daivs is there at 32

igor0190
04-24-2009, 08:45 PM
They will draft a Center, Tackle, or Corner with their first pick. If a tackle they like falls they will move up and grab him. If not, they will go center or CB if a CB they like falls. They will NOT go D-Line in the first round. They need big solid guys who do not get pushed around on the D-Line (not pass rushers) and those can be had in the later rounds.

Basically whoever is highest on their draft board at C, T, CB. Which is anyones guess. I'm thinking there won't be a tackle worth a first round pick left, so it will be the center or corner they like. You just never know who's going to fall. Also with three good Centers in the draft they may gamble that one is there with pick 64.

Tackle or Corner highest on board. Or move up for Tackle high on board.

K Train
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
we take gilbert before we take a corner not named vontae davis....

steelcityrockers
04-24-2009, 09:11 PM
To answer the original question, Dear God no.

Keiwan Ratliff is trash. I seriously hate everything about him. He is slow, short, and terrible in man coverage, and only OK in zone.

Callax
04-24-2009, 09:45 PM
we take gilbert before we take a corner not named vontae davis....

I'd love to see us get Gilbert, along with some OL help. A CB, KO/Punt returner (can you say WR mike thomas, keron butler, darren williams)

cmerrifield
04-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I dont think this signing changes anything about our draft. I highly doubt we were going to take a CB in the early rounds. Colbert said he felt like CB was deep in the draft. Because of LeBeau, we dont need a great corner, we just need average. The system will make them good or great.

DCBill
04-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Yahoo has Ratliff at 5'11" and Wikipedia has him at 5'11 1/2."
I don't know about his speed and skills, but he certainly isn't short (for a CB)!

andyg1984
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
joe burnett is a guy who defines sleeper pick, he could provide depth and be a very solid return guy (obviously an immediate upgrade) .. underrated because of size/school but the tape does not lie .. classic momentum changer .. may struggle against elite tall receivers, but he is worth the 4th round pick

steelcityrockers
04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Yahoo has Ratliff at 5'11" and Wikipedia has him at 5'11 1/2."
I don't know about his speed and skills, but he certainly isn't short (for a CB)!

He is. Not 5'7'' or anything, but due to his lack of athleticism, he can be beat easily on a jump ball.