PDA

View Full Version : Can you be a good 2-6 team ?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Think about it, I swear we have to be the best 2-6 team (on paper) in the history of the league. Our overall offense and defense is better statiscally this year than last year.

We're in the top 10 in overall offense.
We're in the top 10 in overall defense.
We're in the top 10 in passing offense.
We're in the top 10 in passing defense.
I believe in the top 15 in running defense.

This team is full of pro bowlers, full of great athletes, a super bowl winning team, yet we continue to excel in the worst statistic at all. We are -11 in the turnover ratio. We're in a funk that is real, its evident, we are a losing football team right now and until we suck it up and get over it, its not going to get anybetter.

Steelersfan
11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
-11 in the turnover ratio

That takes away from all the other stats.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 10:10 PM
You're exactly right, the tell tale sign of a losing team....

AZ_Steeler
11-05-2006, 11:40 PM
CBS put this stat up during the game and it's really hard to swallow! You have the best offense, the best defense but yet you are only good enough to get 2 wins on the season through 9 weeks of football.

Mentioning the turnovers is an easy way to kill a topic right now though... a -11 ratio is unexplainable and uncalled for, these guys get paid to hang onto the ball!

PITT23
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I would agree with that because on any day we could beat a team like the Colts or Bears because we have the talent. The Browns don't have the talent and thats why their record is bad but we do, we're just not always taking advantage of it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Well bad teams turn the ball over and commit stupid penalities. The Steelers have been consistent with those two every game. Again those same mistakes reflect coaching or the lack of it. The inmates are running the prison in the Steel City. I never thought I would see a Bill Cowher team like this. Hit the road please. You had a great run as the Steelers coach and I'm thankful for which you did. But its time for a change. I think a fresh message would be very nice for the players.

House of Steel
11-06-2006, 12:19 AM
You guys have hit all the points right on the mark. This is why I enjoy this site so much, so much knowledge in this forum that we all could actually be a network that could blow all three networks out of the clear blue. We need to look into starting our own NFL Network cater to the fans.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2006, 12:21 AM
If the inmates were running the asylum perhaps we'd have a better result ? Maybe that way Porter and Harrison could go around and bash some heads in the locker room.

It all starts with BC, he takes all the blame and alot of the credit depending on the outcome of the game but something is just definately off this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
If the inmates were running the asylum perhaps we'd have a better result ? Maybe that way Porter and Harrison could go around and bash some heads in the locker room.

It all starts with BC, he takes all the blame and alot of the credit depending on the outcome of the game but something is just definately off this year.

You really don't think the inmates are running the asylum? Coach Cowher has no control on this team. Cowher is a lame duck coach. I don't why people can't continue to see that?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2006, 12:51 AM
At this point I don't know the inmates are running it any more than I think BC is running it either. It seems like the total team is in chaos. They don't know what to do with themselves anymore. Half of them are depressed, the other half is pissed off, some of them don't show any emotion at all.

Yes he's lost control of the team from a disciplinary standpoint, that much is evident..Im just saying if the players actually got their act together on the field things would be different. BC can't make them hold onto the ball or not throw an interception no matter how much he drills it into their heads. It's up to them to go out and do their jobs. If you call that the inmates running the asylum then I would agree with you...but I call it nobody running it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2006, 12:56 AM
At this point I don't know the inmates are running it any more than I think BC is running it either. It seems like the total team is in chaos. They don't know what to do with themselves anymore. Half of them are depressed, the other half is pissed off, some of them don't show any emotion at all.

Yes he's lost control of the team from a disciplinary standpoint, that much is evident..Im just saying if the players actually got their act together on the field things would be different. BC can't make them hold onto the ball or not throw an interception no matter how much he drills it into their heads. It's up to them to go out and do their jobs. If you call that the inmates running the asylum then I would agree with you...but I call it nobody running it.

Top Gunn I totally agree that the players have to be accountable out there. You're right the coaches can show Santonio Holmes 100 times on to hold onto the football and after that its up to Holmes. Just saying when its the same old dance week after week it does reflect the coaching. True I really don't know whats going on with Bill Cowher. But I have never seen this from a Bill Cowher coached team. True the Steelers have had games were they just as bad as this year. But not every week.

So thats the only reason I can explain why this team is so bad every week. Trust me I hate thinking and typing this. I only remember the last years of Chuck Noll. I'm only 27. So Bill Cowher is really the only coach I know for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2006, 01:16 AM
To put it all on Cowher is flat out wrong. He can't make players hold onto the ball or stop them from making poor choices with passes. Something is jinxing this team. Maybe we used all our luck up with our run to the trophy last year.
I remember around draft time when we had gotten Holmes and Reid all the talk about them as punt returners, how does one go from top line punt returner to not being able to hold onto the ball, and that's just not on punt returns. There is no easy explanation, unfortunately. Right now we are just giving any other team (even Raiders) too many extra opportunities to score. The stats that TG pointed out look better than last year but sadly he forgot the most important one this year: TURNOVERS , we lead the league in them also!!

K Train
11-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Dont you think it looks like cowher has lost all passion for the game? Mabey he should retire, what happened to him yelling up and down the sidelines...he has lost the respect of the team and just stands there and stares...he stares and has press conferences.:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2006, 01:24 AM
To put it all on Cowher is flat out wrong. He can't make players hold onto the ball or stop them from making poor choices with passes. Something is jinxing this team. Maybe we used all our luck up with our run to the trophy last year.
I remember around draft time when we had gotten Holmes and Reid all the talk about them as punt returners, how does one go from top line punt returner to not being able to hold onto the ball, and that's just not on punt returns. There is no easy explanation, unfortunately. Right now we are just giving any other team (even Raiders) too many extra opportunities to score. The stats that TG pointed out look better than last year but sadly he forgot the most important one this year: TURNOVERS , we lead the league in them also!!

You're exactly right, and thats the worst stat any team can have. For all the good we've done on paper, it means virtually nothing compared to that stat.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Dont you think it looks like cowher has lost all passion for the game? Mabey he should retire, what happened to him yelling up and down the sidelines...he has lost the respect of the team and just stands there and stares...he stares and has press conferences.:dunno:

Do you honestly believe that Cowher has just his passion because of 1 Super Bowl ?? If anything I would think that he would be more driven so that may take his place amongst the best in the game.

Admittedly he is not presenting himself in the same way on the sideline, but c'mon these "players" are supposed to be professionals, they should not have to have somone constantly in their face to do their job. Do you work better when your boss is in your face?? I have yet to hear one player say anything at all questioning his commitment, if they could put the blame on him I'm sure they would !!