PDA

View Full Version : stop beating yourself up!

Captcoolhand
11-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Even if we won tonight and won ever game the rest of the season, that still doesn't guarantee us a playoff spot. So since this season is pretty much over, why not plan for a good pick and healthy Ben for next year

House of Steel
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
We should prepare for the changing of the guard, from Cowher to Whisenhunt. I see it coming to this real quick. Tonight's game was the indication to me that Cowher is leaving after this season is over, very clear to me. He lost his fire and passion. This team isn't playing Steelers Ball.

Friday133
11-05-2006, 10:01 PM
i don't think wiz being the next coach is a done deal. remember the rooney rule? they will have to interview a number of minority candidates.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Why shouldnt we beat ourselves up damnit !! We're Steeler fans and we have pride!! We're used to seeing our team play well and not do the things we've done this year.

I refuse to look ahead to a big draft pick possibility until the final gun sounds after our 16th game this season and its officially over. Sure the playoffs are as much of a long shot as my wife actually ever getting up on time for anything but damnit we have to keep fighting !

Captcoolhand
11-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Why shouldnt we beat ourselves up damnit !! We're Steeler fans and we have pride!! We're used to seeing our team play well and not do the things we've done this year.

I refuse to look ahead to a big draft pick possibility until the final gun sounds after our 16th game this season and its officially over. Sure the playoffs are as much of a long shot as my wife actually ever getting up on time for anything but damnit we have to keep fighting !
Stop kidding youself TG, what is the chances of us winning the rest of the games here on out? and even if we do, we're still not promise the playoff's so gather yourself and try to make the best of a bad,F*cked up situration

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Im not kidding myself, I know the playoffs that normally start in January have already started for us right now. I know this team hasn't demonstrated the ability to do anything but shoot itself in the foot continuously and lose games.

To me making the best of an F'd up situation is to still fight, show some pride, try like hell every week to just win a game. I expect this team to keep fighting and show their pride in themselves, in the team, in the city, and fight till the end. That's what I expect from my Steelers.

It remains to be seen if they will do that though...

Captcoolhand
11-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Im not kidding myself, I know the playoffs that normally start in January have already started for us right now. I know this team hasn't demonstrated the ability to do anything but shoot itself in the foot continuously and lose games.

To me making the best of an F'd up situation is to still fight, show some pride, try like hell every week to just win a game. I expect this team to keep fighting and show their pride in themselves, in the team, in the city, and fight till the end. That's what I expect from my Steelers.

It remains to be seen if they will do that though...
OKayOkay I agree but the way I look at it, Who's having a bad year and who haves a Bullseye on threr backs?

Steelerlyn
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
We will continue fighting and we will work off one anothers passion. To stop cheering, hoping, and praying until the last play of the 2006 season is ludicious.

Any Steeler fan worth a damn will ALWAYS stand behind their team

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Captcoolhand
11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
We will continue fighting and we will work off one anothers passion. To stop cheering, hoping, and praying until the last play of the 2006 season is ludicious.

Any Steeler fan worth a damn will ALWAYS stand behind their team

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
You're right, even though I don't always agree, Go Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 11:15 PM
OKayOkay I agree but the way I look at it, Who's having a bad year and who haves a Bullseye on threr backs?

Absolutely thats us, the bullseye and the bad year..its up to the team now to suck it up and finish as strong as possible.

House of Steel
11-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Great Motto, you guys. Through to the end, BLACK N GOLD BLEEDING HARD, CHEERING OUR MEN THROUGH BATTLE!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Prosdo
11-06-2006, 04:24 AM
I have to agree. The changing of guard is coming. Looking at Cowher on the sidelines. It's not the same. I blame him quite a bit for this season. He does not seem to motivate his guys anymore. I have rarely seen the jaw out. Leaving Santonio Holmes back for kick returns after so many screw ups. Not using Davenport more. I don't know I love Cowher, but his heart is so not in it. I see Whiz or Grimm stepping in. More so Whiz.

Troyisabeast_43
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Im still focused on this year right now and not next year we still have 5 division games left 2 with Balt, 2 with Browns and 1 with Cincy. If we can go without turning the ball over at all or at the most 1 time in any of our 8 games remaining I really believe this team has a chance to win all 8 of these remaining games. These turnover stats again are just insane. Its the main reason why this team is 2-6 period. I guarantee when it stops if it ever does this team will start winning games and might be able to go 8-0 to finish the year because the schedule when you look at it from top to bottom other then Baltimore and maybe Carolina is not that tough at all.

BBC
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Im still focused on this year right now and not next year we still have 5 division games left 2 with Balt, 2 with Browns and 1 with Cincy. If we can go without turning the ball over at all or at the most 1 time in any of our 8 games remaining I really believe this team has a chance to win all 8 of these remaining games. These turnover stats again are just insane. Its the main reason why this team is 2-6 period. I guarantee when it stops if it ever does this team will start winning games and might be able to go 8-0 to finish the year because the schedule when you look at it from top to bottom other then Baltimore and maybe Carolina is not that tough at all.

Eventually, a team that continues to turn the ball over stops being an unlucky team, and starts becoming an undisciplined team.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
We've already become an undisciplined team. The unlucky part is something that some fluke fumbles or turnovers that happen here and there..when you turn the ball over as much as we do being unlucky doesnt even begin to cover it.

Looking back its amazing how easily we could be 6-2 right now and in an amazing AFC battle along with the rest of the good teams...but turnovers will do it everytime.

Troyisabeast_43
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Well if you want to look at the bright side if your just going to look forward to this weeks game against the Saints I saw a stat that said the last 2 Super Bowl teams that started out 2-6 the 1999 Broncos and the 1987 Giants both won there 9th games of the year to go to 3-6. The Steelers MUST win this week in order to avoid starting out with the worst record ever at 2-7 by a Super Bowl winner. So I guess if you look at that stat it means were going to win that game this week or again maybe will turn the ball over 10 more times who know anymore what this team will do any Sunday.

BBG7
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm glad to see people not giving up on our team. I have prepared myself that this might not be our season, but I refuse to give up or lose faith in these guys. They have a great squad and if any one can do it it's them.