64-Antoine Caldwell-C
96-Mike Thomas-WR/RS
132-Woodny Turenne-DB
168-Chris Baker-DT
169-Frank Summers-RB
205-Anthony Scirrotto-S
226-Colin Brown-OT
241-Kevin Grant-ILB

I really hope Gilbert is the pick at 32 if the Steelers remain at 32....He is far from a finished product and he will need to adjust to playing 2 gap DE.....But Gilbert is an explosive player and is NFL ready as an NFL pass rusher....The Steelers can afford to let Gilbert learn for season and Gilbert would learn from the best 3-4 DE in the NFL in Aaron Smith.....The Steelers have the coaching brass also to really mold Jarron Gilbert into an player.....Coach Tomlin, Coach LeBeau, and Coach Mitchell.....enough said

Antoine Caldwell is my second favorite center in this draft behind Eric Wood....I don't think Wood will be there in the second round when the Steelers pick so I hope the Steelers draft Caldwell....I also think Caldwell can play OG and is more typical the Steelers type of OL more then Mack or Unger.....

Mike Thomas is a no brainer to me...The Steelers can use another WR and return man.....Sweed and Thomas would give the Steelers two talented young WR's to develop....

Woodny Turenne is a corner from Louisville....Yes I say lets go to the well twice....Willie Gay played his college ball at Louisville.....I think Turenne is the perfect corner project for Coach Tomlin......Turenne also reminds me some of Willie Gay and no not just the Louisville angle...lol

Chris Baker is an interesting young player and I think he could potentially develop into a 3-4 NT....Hampton also has had a nice track record of sending players to the NFL lately....You could also subsitute Sammie Lee Hill here.....

I like Frank Summers as a goal line back and he seems to have nice hands for a RB....You can never have enough RB's as injuries can deplete depth in a hurry....Plus Parker is soon to be a FA......I say take a chance on Summers in the fifth round....

Scirrotto,Brown,Grant all late round projects that hopefully could develop into role players and are positions of need depth wise.....

K Train
04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
i met scirotto at an underarmour store in the poconos....lol

i do like baker, but give me hill all day over him

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
i met scirotto at an underarmour store in the poconos....lol

i do like baker, but give me hill all day over him

I really like Hill to...Either way and I'm happy....What are your thoughts overall of my draft?....Hate it, ok with it, love it...lol

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
I like it! What do you think of Sebastian Vollmer? He seems like a possible diamond in the rough. Here is a youtube clip on him.

Tom Marino, NFL draft analyst
Keep a close eye on Houston prospect Sebastian Vollmer. He’s certainly not there yet, but he has the size, athletic ability and movement to develop into something pretty special down the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnSVRA9HaXw

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2009, 12:59 AM
I like it! What do you think of Sebastian Vollmer? He seems like a possible diamond in the rough. Here is a youtube clip on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnSVRA9HaXw

I like Vollmer as a potential late round find...Funny you mentioned him since when I made this mock it was between Vollmer and Brown when I was putting this mock together...lol

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I like the fact that he was a converted tight end. Looks like he has good footwork and he also looks like he has some room to grow into that large frame. :yesnod:

K Train
04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
32-Jarron Gilbert-DL
love it

64-Antoine Caldwell-C
honestly if its not wood i dont want a center....rather go with the hartwig/stapelton/legursky project v2.0

96-Mike Thomas-WR/RS
awesome

132-Woodny Turenne-DB
honeslty i have no idea who this is lol

168-Chris Baker-DT
like it, dont love it...not quite the prosepect langford was. like i said...hill all day and i think theres a good chance the steelers get hill, theyve been quitely very interested

169-Frank Summers-RB
almost a lock

205-Anthony Scirrotto-S
special teamer....not the guy i would pick up though

226-Colin Brown-OT
thats 2 im not really famililar with,....this never happens esepcially 3 days before the draft lol

241-Kevin Grant-ILB
wouldnt make the team

K Train
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM
heres mine

1.32 - Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose St
2.64 - Eric Wood C Louisville
3.96 - Mike Thomas WR Arizona
4.132 - Cornelius Lewis OG Tenn St or Jasper Brinkley MLB South carolina
5.168 - Sammie Lee Hill NT Stillman
5.169 - Domonique Johnson CB Jackson st
6.205 - Frank Summers FB UNLV
7.226 - Will Johnson DT Michigan
7. 241 - Morrty Ivy MLB WVU

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2009, 01:17 AM
32-Jarron Gilbert-DL
love it

64-Antoine Caldwell-C
honestly if its not wood i dont want a center....rather go with the hartwig/stapelton/legursky project v2.0

96-Mike Thomas-WR/RS
awesome

132-Woodny Turenne-DB
honeslty i have no idea who this is lol

168-Chris Baker-DT
like it, dont love it...not quite the prosepect langford was. like i said...hill all day and i think theres a good chance the steelers get hill, theyve been quitely very interested

169-Frank Summers-RB
almost a lock

205-Anthony Scirrotto-S
special teamer....not the guy i would pick up though

226-Colin Brown-OT
thats 2 im not really famililar with,....this never happens esepcially 3 days before the draft lol

241-Kevin Grant-ILB
wouldnt make the team

Wood and Caldwell are the only centers that I like in this draft....I wouldn't mind Cornelius Lewis at all either and wouldn't complain if he was the Steelers pick in the 2nd round....I like Hill to and if Hill and Baker are both on the board at when the Steelers make their first pick in the fifth round then I hope its Hill but I don't think he will be there so that is why I have Baker as a backup plan....

Turenne is one of my sleepers and I have been saving him until the last minute....

I really don't even expect the last three to make the team....lol But Scirrotto is just really a special teams guy with the potential to develop into a solid back up one day....Brown and Grant were just late round fliers to fill out the mock....

--- Added 4/22/2009 at 12:17 AM ---

heres mine

1.32 - Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose St
2.64 - Eric Wood C Louisville
3.96 - Mike Thomas WR Arizona
4.132 - Cornelius Lewis OG Tenn St or Jasper Brinkley MLB South carolina
5.168 - Sammie Lee Hill NT Stillman
5.169 - Domonique Johnson CB Jackson st
6.205 - Frank Summers FB UNLV
7.226 - Will Johnson DT Michigan
7. 241 - Morrty Ivy MLB WVU

I like this draft.......Lewis and Brinkley are two players that I like....Hill,D. Johnson, would be awesome in the fifth round....Will Johnson is the perfect type of player to take a chance on late in the draft....

K Train
04-22-2009, 01:25 AM
will johnson is 6-5 290 and did 47 reps on 225....ive never heard a number of reps that big before

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I got one right...lol Nailed the Summers pick at 169 dead on...lol

Colin Brown did go in the 5th round to the Chiefs.....I had him as a late round sleeper and thought it was interesting he went in the 5th round....