PDA

View Full Version : Why does Holmes get a pass ?...Update Cowher finally pulls him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 05:29 PM
In keeping with Pitt23's thread last weekend about Ben...why in the hell does Cowher continue to put Holmes back there returning kicks. He's worse than Coc was. I don't care what the outcome of this game is, its a theme that just won't go away regardless.

I don't care if he's a first round pick or not, he clearly cannot do his job back there. Use Najeh, Cedric Wilson, Nate Washington, hell even Alan Faneca could do a better job !

Once again Cowher continues in his stubborn ways and its costing us game after game.

Koopa
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
at least he's doing his job as a receiver.......cowhers fault for not fixing the problem....it's been obvious he can't return kicks in the nfl, but cowher continues to put him back there......

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
at least he's doing his job as a receiver.......cowhers fault for not fixing the problem....it's been obvious he can't return kicks in the nfl, but cowher continues to put him back there......

I agree Koop that Cowher deserves part of the blame. But come on Holmes has to start holding onto the ball don't you think? Santonio you are in the NFL now son time to act like it.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Exactly, I have no problems with him as a WR, he's progressing nicely yet BC knows ST have been a problem for us all year and he continues to put a struggling return man back there that does nothing but continue to cost us points and contribute to losses.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
He just fumbled again but luckily we recovered. They just showed Spencer over talking to Holmes on the bench, which Cowher was talking to Deshea about maybe going in to return kicks.

Edit..

Cedric was back there just now so we'll see how if he continues to return kicks or not, but atleast BC finally realized Santonio cannot be back there trying to return kicks for us anymore if we have any shot of winning games.

AZ_Steeler
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm really starting to not like Holmes returning punts and kick offs! There is no excuse for putting the ball on the gorund at the rate he is!

Koopa
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
i don't like him either doin that....but i really do like his receiving skills so i'm glad we drafted him

AZ_Steeler
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
He is a good receiver but he can't return anything!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
His return problems were evident way before the draft. He was drafted to be a future star for us at WR and I believe he will be...

He just won't be a good returner in this league.

Koopa
11-05-2006, 09:40 PM
but willie reid will be, damn i can't wait for him to get healthy so we can have true punt returning monster out there

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Reid's injury is worse than they thought so it could be awhile before we get to see him.

House of Steel
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Pulled that SOB out of the ST and put him where he really excels at, WR. He is a very good talented receiver for us. Why is BC so damn stubborn all this time putting the fool in the spot? I want Cowher's *** right now and scream at him for how pathetic he is being and the way this damn team playing like they don't give a damn.