PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are NFL's most popular team

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
No surprise they wannbe like us !!

From April 1, 2008, through the end of February, more Steelers merchandise sold on NFLShop.com than that of any other team, according to the NFL. The league does not disclose merchandise figures. Five Steelers games last year were among the 15 most-viewed fall programs, according to the league and Nielsen Media. And the nearly 100 million viewers who watched the Steelers rally to beat the Cardinals in Tampa made this the highest-rated Super Bowl ever. The Steelers are such an attractive TV draw that 12 of their 16 regular-season games in 2008 were in the 4 p.m. time slot, where networks put teams with broad appeal, or at night, when a national audience watches. "We can put Pittsburgh on in the Carolinas, in Texas," said Rob Correa, CBS Sports' executive vice president of programming. "Virtually any state in the country, we're confident of putting on a Steelers game. They seem to have fans everywhere." Sports marketing experts generally agree the Steelers' reach is so expansive that the franchise's brand has become national. -- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

JB 67
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
ya heard!!!!!

Silverback 92
04-15-2009, 09:45 PM
bandwagon fair weather fans, they just want to roll with a winner to feel good about them selves for a while ... just kiddin

greennick
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I wonder how often in the past has the team that won the superbowl sold the most amount of gear that year. You would think it would happen quite often. Just from the SB gear it would get you most of the way there you would think.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Yea i just got back from Charlotte N.C an man it was an lot of Steelers fans:yesnod:, they were all over the place, Steeler Nation is taking over:tt02: I'm sure that there is an lot of Bandwagon fans also:yesnod: i was in an gym in Cleveland an saw an Clown fan wearing an Big Ben jersey:eek1:i asked him how long has he been an Steelers fan.....he said he was an Clowns fan but with Pittsburgh winning so much, he decided to root for them:duh: that just proves that everybody wants to root for an winner:lol:

igor0190
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
I'll be the first to kindly give the bandwagon fans the boot off the wagon...

steelers4life66
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Boom Shacka Lacka!!!!........... Hell I could have told them they can put Pitts games on in the Carolina's. Steelers fans are everywhere down here. I bet theirs 5 Steelers bars with in 15 miles from my house and football sunday's it's standing room only. Who's America's team now Dallas! BAHAHAHA.....:bunny: :buttkiss: :2fingers:

Silverback 92
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I wonder how often in the past has the team that won the superbowl sold the most amount of gear that year. You would think it would happen quite often. Just from the SB gear it would get you most of the way there you would think.

you know it happens ,I live in the mid west and can remember ALL them UGLY pats #12 jerseys showing at various bars following their SB runs, Not so many when the Giants beat them , then it hard to find a cheatin pats jersey any where

DahBurgh
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Steelers fans are everywhere and travel anywhere to see a game. We are the most loyal and craziest fans out there. We have our own language(Pittsburghese). It is only natural more people want to follow our trend. Lets go Stillers.

heknowsyouknow
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
well in my football team over this side of the pond ...we have 5 steelers ...and 3 are on the O line with me ..LOL ...we had the logo on only one side of the helmets last year ..coach had a moan and thay are on both this year ..LOL:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
No surprise there.

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-17-2009, 02:38 AM
u go paint tha extra logo offn that helmet. we wear only one logo.

TampaSteelGirl
04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
NOoooo :duh:!!

THere are about 100 Steeler bar in Florida alone! I'm sure the NFL drools with the proceeds made from Steelers fans!! :thinking:

dawgs
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
or fans of other teams went out and baught there stuff.

But theres alot of front runners in sports as we all know.

TampaSteelGirl
04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
or fans of other teams went out and baught there stuff.

But theres alot of front runners in sports as we all know.

What the hell are you talking about???? :cope:

Lunchbucket
04-17-2009, 05:59 PM
It would be intresting to see the number of STEELER bars spread across the globe compared to the number of other NFL team bars!

dawgs
04-17-2009, 06:08 PM
What the hell are you talking about???? :cope:

chill out. its just common since. If the browns have 6 super bowl wins, and Just won it last season, they would be the most popular team also. Its just how it is. Because there are alot of front runners who only root for teams that are doing well.

--- Added 4/17/2009 at 04:08 PM ---

It would be intresting to see the number of STEELER bars spread across the globe compared to the number of other NFL team bars!

The biggest browns backers club is in CA. Its the biggest out of state sports club in sports. or was 2 years ago. Not sure now. Have not been there for awhile to check.

ejsteeler
04-17-2009, 10:14 PM
As usual, dawgs is barking out of his a$$. It is what it is because we are who we are and thats what it is. :yesnod:

slashsteel
04-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Steeler Nation is the biggest fan base in football, doesn't surprise me one bit. :tt02:

Callax
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
The Steelers are in the midst of their dynasty run...
Which means they have the right coach, enough talent to be successful (DEFENSE, QB, RB, WR) and they are and will be able to be a force in the playoffs for the next 3 or more years...I hope the Pats and that biyatch Brady are done with their time, now it is PITTSBURGH'S time!!!

Sec521
04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
:clap:The Pittsburgh Steelers have the sports world's greatest fans!:tt02:

dawgs
04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
:clap:The Pittsburgh Steelers have the sports world's greatest fans!:tt02:

lol. Well when your team goes 54-55 years without winning anything, and yet you still sellout 95% of your games, then u can say that.

steelers4life66
04-19-2009, 12:42 PM
lol. Well when your team goes 54-55 years without winning anything, and yet you still sellout 95% of your games, then u can say that.

Yea but, since 1970 we've made up for it. 25 years making the playoffs. 6 SB wins, 7 SB appearances. #2 for most games won. :yesnod:

TampaSteelGirl
04-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Are you stating that about the Browns fans???? Just because they can sell out their own stadium doesn't mean squat!! Try almost selling out 2 Superbowls.....ooopps my bad guess you're Browns will never get that opportunity to try it!! :grin1:

--- Added 4/19/2009 at 02:08 PM ---

chill out. its just common since. If the browns have 6 super bowl wins, and Just won it last season, they would be the most popular team also. Its just how it is. Because there are alot of front runners who only root for teams that are doing well.

The biggest browns backers club is in CA. Its the biggest out of state sports club in sports. or was 2 years ago. Not sure now. Have not been there for awhile to check.

NOthing to chill out about...i'm just asking you what you were even talking about...you make no sense. We've ALWAYS had such a big fan base not just because of our success....:markit:

steelerfan11
04-19-2009, 05:18 PM

well we will NEVER find out what would happen if the Browns have 6 super bowls...will NEVER happen..sorry for your bad luck.. :yesnod:

yinzer
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM

this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. i'm not even going to touch this.

troy96
04-20-2009, 06:43 PM

Maybe your team would have won something if the fans stayed and supported the team and help them to more wins. Instead of leaving early because they and the team are such losers. :yellowthumb:

Cleveland is full of fair weathered pansy *** fans. Most free beer I ever get is sitting in the puppy pound at a browns Steelers game.:cope:

SteelerRush
04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Hands down not even a question we are the most popular. Everyone would like to be as successful as The Sixburgh Steelers......:popcorn:

Lunchbucket
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Hands down not even a question we are the most popular. Everyone would like to be as successful as The Sixburgh Steelers....:

I'll drink to that!:cope::tt02::cope::cope:

TheButt
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Kinda makes you wonder why we only got one Monday Night game this year.

Freakin idiots. You want ratings but dont put the Stillers on ??

Stupid azzes.

:helmet:

dawgs
04-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Maybe your team would have won something if the fans stayed and supported the team and help them to more wins. Instead of leaving early because they and the team are such losers. :yellowthumb:

Cleveland is full of fair weathered pansy *** fans. Most free beer I ever get is sitting in the puppy pound at a browns Steelers game.:cope:

???? what. If theres a blowout for or aganist your team most fans will leave to beat traffic. Plus your there for a few hours already anyway. So that just makes no since. Thats for every team in every sport.

BTW for them to be fairweather fans, we would have to win something like a superbowl, then suck the next year and everyone stops watching them after one bad season.

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-23-2009, 02:58 AM
i been watching steelers play football since 1963. went to the games to see the fans get drunk as hell and fight. knew we would never win and didn't care, i was a steelers fan. drank a lot of beer, never gave up, and bingo one day woke up to a championship team of unimaginable strength and domination. don't know how or why it happened but it did. glad to have been a part of it. when u hang around that long and many of us have then u appreciate being the best. no wonder we have such a fan base. it's to bad dawg, but, don't give up. someday someway we will continue to kick clevelands ***, and cincinnati, and baltimore too. hope this makes absolutely no sense, but thanks for the opportunity to post. lol and oh yeah, follow us, we are good at showing the way it's done.

dawgs
04-23-2009, 09:57 AM
i been watching steelers play football since 1963. went to the games to see the fans get drunk as hell and fight. knew we would never win and didn't care, i was a steelers fan. drank a lot of beer, never gave up, and bingo one day woke up to a championship team of unimaginable strength and domination. don't know how or why it happened but it did. glad to have been a part of it. when u hang around that long and many of us have then u appreciate being the best. no wonder we have such a fan base. it's to bad dawg, but, don't give up. someday someway we will continue to kick clevelands ***, and cincinnati, and baltimore too. hope this makes absolutely no sense, but thanks for the opportunity to post. lol and oh yeah, follow us, we are good at showing the way it's done.

damn dude use a space. its to damn early to read that ****.

see you guys in the next good topic...

ejsteeler
04-23-2009, 08:18 PM
If you're posting in it, it's not a good topic......

TampaSteelGirl
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
damn dude use a space. its to damn early to read that ****.

see you guys in the next good topic...

Anything that has to do with the Steelers IS a good topic! :grin1:

Moondog
04-26-2009, 03:10 AM
The reason there are so many Steeler fans at away games all over the nation is because of the collapse of the steel industry. Pittsburghers had to migrate to find new opportunities ,and with that, the seeds of Steeler nation were planted. You can take the people out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the people.