PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2009 Schedule

Steel Trap86
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
For anybody who hasn't seen this already, here it is.

Thursday, Sept. 10 vs. Titans 8:30 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Sept 20 @ Bears 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Bengals 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Oct. 4 vs. Chargers 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Lions 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Vikings 1 p.m. (FOX)

Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE

Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders 1 p.m. (CBS)

Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network)

Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers 1 p.m. (FOX)

Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins 1 p.m. (CBS)

igor0190
04-15-2009, 12:32 AM
When do tickets go on sale? What is my best bet to buy a couple? I don't live near Pittsburgh but am planning to come for a game this year.

0311grunt4ever
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
I initially say 13-3, although I know teams change every year and Super Bowl winners usually suffer the year after. But here's to hoping that we don't repeat what we did in 06'.

SteelerSal
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Thursday, Sept. 10 vs. Titans 8:30 p.m. (NBC) Win

Sunday, Sept 20 @ Bears 4:15 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Oct. 4 vs. Chargers 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Win

Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Lions 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS) Win
Win
Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Vikings 1 p.m. (FOX) Win

Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE

Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) Win

Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Win

Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network) Win

Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers 1 p.m. (FOX) Win

Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins 1 p.m. (CBS) Win

I tried to make my prediction on how we will do against each opponent and no matter how many times I looked, thought out, evaluated and tried to talk myself out of a win, I still come up with a 16-0 record at the end of the season.

I honestly don't see any of these teams being better than ours and the only way we can lose is by injuries or flat out shooting ourselves in the foot with poor execution and turnovers.

Here's to another Trophy and Ring.:cope:

Sir Blitzelot
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Right now, I think our Steelers will go 13-3, but I'm sure my opinion will change plenty of times before the start of the season lol! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Do my eyes deceive me, we actually have a bye week in November?????

cmerrifield
04-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea, week eight, that is the latest bye week I can remember so many years.

Steel Trap86
04-15-2009, 10:42 AM

I am loving the bye week placement :cope:

But I dont like the amount of 1pm games there are, 9 games at 1:00. although the timeslots are not always official and could change, I like cracking beers a little later in the day lol..and what the hell is with no Monday Nighter at Heinz? Only one Monday game for the Superbowl champs in Denver? I'm going to the home opener against the Titans, but I wanted to hit up a Monday Nighter at Heinz...something I havent done yet.

I am saying 14-2 or 13-3 and we are 7-0 going into the BYE week. We come out swinging like the Giants did last season, but they'll be the first to tell you it's not how you start its how you finish. :cope:

ToothAche
04-15-2009, 11:00 AM

No doubt! We usually get the 2nd week off!

igor0190
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
But I dont like the amount of 1pm games there are, 9 games at 1:00. although the timeslots are not always official and could change, I like cracking beers a little later in the day lol..and what the hell is with no Monday Nighter at Heinz?

Agreed. I like the 4:00 games because there are less on and nobody else can complain about watching "their" teams.

greennick
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Devastated there will be no games in Cali or NY. I'll be heading there later in the year and was hoping I could work a game in, it will be a lot harder to now...

DBR96A
04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Honestly, I like having games at 1:00PM. I can wake up, get dressed, watch some football commentary, make the trek to the Steeler bar, watch our game bright and early, and then settle in at the bar for the late games, and then head home, and then doze off watching the night game. It's less stressful and more relaxing that way. Whenever we're on at 4:00PM, I'm always in suspense during the early games, and that takes away from any relaxation. Even night games are better than late games because I don't begin to feel any suspense until all the rest of the day's games are over. Now I don't mind the occasional late game, but last year was ridiculous. We played seven late games last year. If I get to watch my game first and get it out of the way, then I feel better late in the day. :greengrin:

lloydfan4life
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Looks like those freakin crybaby Ratbirds got their own way and don't have to play in Pittsburgh in primetime.

steelers4life66
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm sure am glad we got our bye in the middle of the season.:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Im actually kind of glad for the 1pm games again too. Watch the game, get it over with and have a stress free afternoon and evening assuming we win....now if we lose then it's worse cuz Im grumpy the rest of the day so :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Im actually kind of glad for the 1pm games again too. Watch the game, get it over with and have a stress free afternoon and evening assuming we win....now if we lose then it's worse cuz Im grumpy the rest of the day so :lol:

I feel exactly the same way!! I like the 1pm games much better! Too many late games last year...

--- Added 4/15/2009 at 01:00 PM ---

Honestly, I like having games at 1:00PM. I can wake up, get dressed, watch some football commentary, make the trek to the Steeler bar, watch our game bright and early, and then settle in at the bar for the late games, and then head home, and then doze off watching the night game. It's less stressful and more relaxing that way. Whenever we're on at 4:00PM, I'm always in suspense during the early games, and that takes away from any relaxation. Even night games are better than late games because I don't begin to feel any suspense until all the rest of the day's games are over. Now I don't mind the occasional late game, but last year was ridiculous. We played seven late games last year. If I get to watch my game first and get it out of the way, then I feel better late in the day. :greengrin:

Me too!!!! :yellowthumb:

--- Added 4/15/2009 at 01:01 PM ---

Looks like those freakin crybaby Ratbirds got their own way and don't have to play in Pittsburgh in primetime.

Yea they are sick of getting embarrassed on Prime time!! :hilarious::hilarious:

Steel Trap86
04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Im actually kind of glad for the 1pm games again too. Watch the game, get it over with :lol:

Get it over with? I'm waiting on that game all week! lol We always hit the bars for the 4:00 games whether its the Steelers or the Giants since a friend of mine is a NY fan thats why I like it then, but what really matters is a win, whatever time they want to bring it is good with me! :cope:

BlitzburghNation
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
:ditto:

Agree with the 13-3 prediction,,,,,:popcorn:

Dean Denton
04-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Why are we not playing the Patriots? Did the Dolphins win that division?

Troyisabeast_43
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
If the Steelers get by those first 2 games with Tenn and at Chicago with Cutler which will def be a tough game they are looking at 6-1 7-0 without a problem. There is no way they will lose games at Cincy,they wont lose to San Diego here on Sunday night, and they wont lose at Detroit, here against Cleveland, and home against the Vikings. This Steelers team if it stays focused and healthy with the way the schedule is they could easily be undefeated at 7-0 going into the bye week before the Monday night game at Denver on November 9th. There is just no way looking at that schedule at the first couple glances that barring major injury to Ben or some key guys on defense that the Steelers arent going to be at least a number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC and at the very worst playing in the AFC Championship game once again. This schedule is absolutely golden for the Steelers and like I said barring major injury this schedule is an absolutely giftwrapped for the Steelers to get back to the Super Bowl and get Lombardi Trophy number 7.

Dean Denton
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
If the Steelers get by those first 2 games with Tenn and at Chicago with Cutler which will def be a tough game they are looking at 6-1 7-0 without a problem. There is no way they will lose games at Cincy,they wont lose to San Diego here on Sunday night, and they wont lose at Detroit, here against Cleveland, and home against the Vikings. This Steelers team if it stays focused and healthy with the way the schedule is they could easily be undefeated at 7-0 going into the bye week before the Monday night game at Denver on November 9th. There is just no way looking at that schedule at the first couple glances that barring major injury to Ben or some key guys on defense that the Steelers arent going to be at least a number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC and at the very worst playing in the AFC Championship game once again. This schedule is absolutely golden for the Steelers and like I said barring major injury this schedule is an absolutely giftwrapped for the Steelers to get back to the Super Bowl and get Lombardi Trophy number 7. You would think so, but you never know what teams are going to be good from one year to the next....Looking at this schedule you would think this Steeler team would go 16-0. But we know that wont happen. If Ben is running for his life again we will lose 3 or 4 games that we should have won. Mistakes will be made, and it will cost us. With that, we should still win the North, and have a bye week again. 13-3...With a healthy Ben. 10-6 without...

Steel Trap86
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
If the Steelers get by those first 2 games with Tenn and at Chicago with Cutler which will def be a tough game they are looking at 6-1 7-0 without a problem. There is no way they will lose games at Cincy,they wont lose to San Diego here on Sunday night, and they wont lose at Detroit, here against Cleveland, and home against the Vikings. This Steelers team if it stays focused and healthy with the way the schedule is they could easily be undefeated at 7-0 going into the bye week before the Monday night game at Denver on November 9th. There is just no way looking at that schedule at the first couple glances that barring major injury to Ben or some key guys on defense that the Steelers arent going to be at least a number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC and at the very worst playing in the AFC Championship game once again. This schedule is absolutely golden for the Steelers and like I said barring major injury this schedule is an absolutely giftwrapped for the Steelers to get back to the Super Bowl and get Lombardi Trophy number 7.

Ya this is soft compared to what we went through last year. The guys who create the season schedules said they have never seen a tougher one then the Steelers 08 season and we won the Superbowl. What I am a little concerned about is that last year we played our best to beat the best, 9 playoff teams were in our regular season schedule, so this year being as soft as it looks, I hope they dont ease up and Tomlin keeps them motivated for the playoffs because we all know that come January we are going to be in the mix.

Troyisabeast_43
04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
You would think so, but you never know what teams are going to be good from one year to the next....Looking at this schedule you would think this Steeler team would go 16-0. But we know that wont happen. If Ben is running for his life again we will lose 3 or 4 games that we should have won. Mistakes will be made, and it will cost us. With that, we should still win the North, and have a bye week again. 13-3...With a healthy Ben. 10-6 without...

Steelers fans could also be making two trips to Miami in a span of 5 weeks seeing that the last game of the regular season is in Miami against the Dolphins on January 3rd, and then 5 weeks later on February 7th is Super Bowl 44 which takes place in Miami this season.

Steel Trap86
04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Why are we not playing the Patriots? Did the Dolphins win that division?

Ya Dolphins won. The Ravens are playing the Patriots, but I have a feeling we'll see the Pats in the playoffs...if they make it.

Silverback 92
04-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Ya Dolphins won. The Ravens are playing the Patriots, but I have a feeling we'll see the Pats in the playoffs...if they make it.

unless brady gets hurt again wouldnt that be a shame

Dean Denton
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
unless brady gets hurt again wouldnt that be a shame
Actually it would be... I want to see this Steeler team beat them with Brady behind center. I might hate that **** sucker, but the league is better with him in it. Cheater or not. I want to see him play again. I will not be happy with 10 more superbowls if we dont beat the Patriots with Brady at QB. I know i'm not alone on this. I think most Steeler fans know that anything we do is incomplete until we beat Brady and the Pats...

DIESELMAN
04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice schedule!!! Just like any other season, the games still have to be played and won. Anything can happen on any given sunday.....Heres to defending out Championship with class and in style!!! :woot:

steelers4life66
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Actually it would be... I want to see this Steeler team beat them with Brady behind center. I might hate that **** sucker, but the league is better with him in it. Cheater or not. I want to see him play again. I will not be happy with 10 more superbowls if we dont beat the Patriots with Brady at QB. I know i'm not alone on this. I think most Steeler fans know that anything we do is incomplete until we beat Brady and the Pats...

:cope::jump1::pissonpats::jump1::cope:

pittfan86
04-16-2009, 12:22 AM
IM SO EXCITED :tt02: i wish i could go to every home game!! due to a low paying job plus a seven hour drive im forced to pick one game per season. we already started planning our trip!!!! dec 20th, please get here faster!!!

Troyisabeast_43
04-16-2009, 12:22 AM

I agree Dean and am with you 100 percent. What better way to prove and show the rest of the league who is the real team of the decade by closing it out by beating the Patriots with Tom Brady on way to tying them with 3 Super Bowl victories this decade. There is no doubt in my mind that these two teams are basically right now as we speak today in the middle of April headed for a collision course for the AFC Championship game. The only question in doubt is where is the game going to be played at?? Right now looking at both teams schedule since the Steelers dont play the Pats and there will not be a head to head tiebraker involved I think the Steelers schedule is more favorable then the Pats overall and they should be able to win maybe 1 or 2 more games at the most then the Patriots will I think.

Woodson_DownUnder
04-18-2009, 08:07 AM
You would think so, but you never know what teams are going to be good from one year to the next....Looking at this schedule you would think this Steeler team would go 16-0. But we know that wont happen. If Ben is running for his life again we will lose 3 or 4 games that we should have won. Mistakes will be made, and it will cost us. With that, we should still win the North, and have a bye week again. 13-3...With a healthy Ben. 10-6 without...

I agree DD. Why lose those games because of a poor choice in R1 of the draft?

And if you go on that theory...time to protect our $102M investment and take a OG/OT with pick 32. I'd be very dissappointed if the Steelers overlook an immediate O lineman starter for the sake of a back up DB. Can't afford to risk Ben's health. He can play hurt, yes but how many SACKS before Hurt = Forced Injury?

Phenomenal TJ
05-17-2009, 01:37 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177154-...9-2010-schedule

The 2008-2009 Pittsburgh Steelers had the toughest schedule in the league, this coming year they will be faced with a far less daunting one. They will play teams from the AFC West and the NFC North, two of the weaker divisions in the NFL.

Mark B.
05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
TJ - your link currently is not working. I do like your other posts though, you do good work.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Try this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177154-pittsburgh-steelers-a-look-at-the-2009-2010-schedule

good stuff as always TJ !!

Phenomenal TJ
05-17-2009, 10:55 PM
TJ - your link currently is not working. I do like your other posts though, you do good work.

Ugh, sorry about that. Dunno what was going on there lol.

Thanks man :)

Sir Blitzelot
05-17-2009, 11:34 PM
14-2 would be nice, awesome read man! :tt02:

steeler69
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Good read!! 14-2 itīs Ok , we will the best team in the AFC. and of course a lot of chances to win the SB 44.:tt02:

NCSTEELDREAMS69
06-30-2009, 07:09 AM
14-2.... GO STEELERS!!!!

86WARD
07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
12-4. They'll lose a game they probably shouldn't...typical.

mateus
08-15-2009, 01:26 PM
my money is on 13-3 but i wouldnt mind 14-2 not one bit :D
HERE WE GO!

Steel Trap86
11-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Wow I think with a 6-5 record we all underestimated this schedule. Last season we had the toughest the NFL had ever seen and finished 12-4. With the initial look at this, I thought a 13-3 finish and another AFC North title would be in store, now we're fighting for our playoffs lives??? Beat the Raiders & Browns that will put us at 8-5 and give us a good chance to sneak in.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow I think with a 6-5 record we all underestimated this schedule. Last season we had the toughest the NFL had ever seen and finished 12-4. With the initial look at this, I thought a 13-3 finish and another AFC North title would be in store, now we're fighting for our playoffs lives??? Beat the Raiders & Browns that will put us at 8-5 and give us a good chance to sneak in.

More like the team has taken too many risks (unnecessary picks) to try get fast points early and hopefully ice game (didn't work vs SD tho') but also leading in the 4th quarter of most of the loses and the D not able to close down the opposition has bitten the Steelers when they least expected... taking the opposition too lightly. Not willing to wear them down and just tire them with the grinding running game we have three credible running options (how about using 'em BA??). Own worst enemy really. But I agree... December is all about releasing Hell and the beauty is having all the momentum coming into the play-offs. All or nothing like 2005. :yellowthumb: Hope Health to the play-makers hold up. :crossfingers: