PDA

View Full Version : strength of schedule

JensK
04-14-2009, 02:45 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fbaa5d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

This is sweet music in my ears. Not that its all that easy to count on, but still! :)

cmerrifield
04-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Yeah, in theory, this is great. However, as I watch the teams we play, they seem to be getting better in this offseason. For example, the Bears will be much better with Cutler over Orton, and a few teams like that. So, hopefully this helps, but I think our schedule will be tougher than our strength of schedule number, but it should still be an easier schedule than this year.

Silverback 92
04-14-2009, 08:48 AM
you just never know , strength of schedule is just any ones guess teams change form year to year.. Best to look forward to one game at a time

Steel Trap86
04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
the steelers have the fourth easiest schedule in 09 based on the winning percentage of the opponents from last season. it looks easy and i think we will be another superbowl contending team, but i dont think it is going to be as easy as some people might think. just as last year when we had the #1 toughest schedule in the league, nobody expected us to make it past the first round, better yet win the superbowl.

LatrobePA
04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Injuries will play a huge role this year, we were banged up last year and went all the way, we stay healthy and our running game shows up, it won't matter who we play!!

DahBurgh
04-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Strength of schedule doesnt mean anything in the NFL like it does in college. Playoffs are based on a teams win/lost record. On top of that you never really know what teams are going to improve or not until the season begins. Another thing is any team can beat any team in the NFL remember a few years ago when the Patriots were trying for an undefeated season and were stopped by the only team standing in their way...The Miami Dolphins. We were supposed to have the hardest schedule in the league last year...that didnt happen especially with Dallas sucking and Brady getting hurt(Although we kicked everyones *** in the end anyways). The bottom line is strength of schedule doesnt mean that much if anything in the NFL.

TEEMONT
04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Eh....The Steelers always play up or down to their competition anyways.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Well i say we go 13-3 looking at this schedule.

Silverback 92
04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Well i say we go 13-3 looking at this schedule.

which 3 ? lol