PDA

View Full Version : 7 Round Mock From "NFL Rough Draft"

DCBill
04-10-2009, 01:04 AM
http://nflroughdraft.com/?site=category&cat=Mock+Draft

I never know if these links will "open" for others, but here are their nine choices for Pittsburgh.

1)--Jarron Gilbert, DL
2)--Andy Levitre, OL
3)--Darrel McBath, S (Texas Tech)
4)--AQ Shipley, OL PSU
5-A) Joe Burnett, CB
5-B) Johnny Knox, WR/KR
6)--Greg Isdaner, G/T WVU
7-A) Frank Summers, RB
7-B) Stanley Arnoux, OLB/ILB

I think there are better people on the board than their #'s 2 and 3,
but it is an interesing collection of draftees.

K Train
04-10-2009, 01:16 AM
everyone has us taking summers, i might actually be shocked if we dont. levitre would be a good pickup. gilbert is probably one of my favorite players. **** mcbath and shipley though, thats a step backwards...neither will make the team

steelcitysfinestXL
04-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Ktrain where's the love for A.Q.... if anyone here has a legit reason not to like a player i'd say its you... so whats the problem with him? He won major honors at PSU both national and Big Ten. Dude is pretty beasty and a Pittsburgh Kid to boot. He is a heady player and a great team leader. Good in pass pro and and great at picking up blitzers late off of a double team (unlike most of our interior linemen) The only problem i see with him is that he lack in height and size, though he rarely gets beat by a bullrush. He may have a tough time against the likes of Ngata and Big Baby but who doesnt. If we cant get a guy like wood i think AQ is a great project for a day 2 pick. If he can add bulk to that 6'1'' frame he has the mental capacity and tenacity to be a damn good center. His best games were against top notch competition like USC when he played admirably considering the blow out!!!

K Train
04-16-2009, 12:40 AM
shipley is the anti center....imo he would be much better off being an undertackle in a 43 defense. he has some short stubby arms and althought he is very smart and a masterful technitian...sometimes that isnt enough. on this team we need guys who can assault the opponent and hold their blocks. shipley might make a team but it would be similar to how saturday made the colts, being a technitian in a pass happy offense with a QB with an unbelievably quick release. ben would ruin this guys career. he could also do well on a team with zone blocking when the whole line moves as one unit....i just dont see him being able to carve a spot on our team

give me eric wood or no one at all. its either wood or its hartwig/stapleton/legursky round 2 we dont need to be reaching for projects

Zachintosh66
04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
im not sold on Gilbert... id rather have Alphonso Smith at Corner than Gilbert in the 1st

K Train
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
no corner in the first....go with the superstar potential and the dline depth, which is probably our weakest depth area. 5 technique guys like gilbert are very hard to come around, most late round project guys just fail....ryan mcbean

MDSteel15
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Actually I hate your first 4 picks... other than that it looks ok....