PDA

View Full Version : Broncos at Steelers PreGame By Blitz

Blitzburgh55
11-04-2006, 01:31 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/80x60/den.gifathttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/80x60/pit.gif

Broncos vs Steelers Pre Game By Blitzburgh55
Game Info: 4:15 pm EST Sun Nov 5, 2006
TV: CBS
The Line: Steelers -3
Over/Under: 36.5
Last Meeting: 2006 AFC Conference Championship Steelers won 34-17
Weather:Lo: 39F Hi: 53F Precip: 10%
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/i/weather/66.jpg
Scouts Inc. Predicted Score:Broncos win 20-17

The Broncos come into Pittsburgh to play the Steelers who have nothing to lose and have their season hanging by a thread. The Steelers are 2-5, and there are only two team ever to start 2-5 and make the playoffs.

Both Denver and Pittsburgh come off bad losses. The Steelers lost a heartbreaker to the Raiders 20-13 with a late hail marry that was caught but a couple yards short. Also Ben threw to the wrong team the whole game. The broncos lost by 3 to the Colts it came to the wire and Peyton lead a couple of late drives to win the game for the Colts.

Big Ben will have to face a Broncos team who only gives up 11 points a game. So if the Steelers want to have a chance at winning Ben will have to get over the hump and throw to the players in black and gold. While the Denver Broncos Jake Plummer hasn’t been having such a great year either with only a 65.2 Passer Rating.

The key to this game is going to be the running game with Willie and Davenport going up against the Duo of Bell’s. Parker needs to put a spark into the Steelers offense and needs a early run for a long game to set the tempo. Also Najeh who has been the king of long runs and screens needs to have one today. For the Broncos it will look like Mike Bell will be getting most of the carries. Mike had a 100 yard game with 2 TDs last week.
But you never know Tatum could be getting a lot of carries to the broncos have been mixing it up all year.

The Steelers have to play well on both sides on the ball not just one. Like last week were defense played great but are offense was horrible. Or the week before were our offense was looking great but our D could not stop anything. The steelers need to play like they against the chiefs and play go on Offense and Defense.

The Steelers do have a couple things going for them this week. They are 2-1 are home which the home this week after two road losses in a row. The steelers beat the Broncos last year in the AFC Conference Championship Game 34-17. Ben had 2TDs with 275 yards with Hines with 13 catches and 140yards with a TD. If the Steelers can repeat a lot of steelers fans will be very happy.

What the Steelers need to do to win

The Steelers have to get the running game going early. If they get the running game going early with Parker they will have their defense on their toes the whole game. Then Big Ben can run play action passes and have nice bombs down the field.

The Steelers Defense needs to stop the run. Stopping the run will mean that Jake the Snake will have to pass the ball a lot more than the broncos want him to. And Plummer has been doing just as bad Ben lately.

The Steelers have to score on the first couples of drives. They can not give the broncos any confidence or else the Steelers are pretty much done.

The Steelers need to pull out a big trick play. I haven’t seen a big one all year have Hines throw a deep bomb. Or a halfback pass, we just something have not seen anything all year.

For the Broncos they have to these things to win

They need to switch it up in the running game. They need to let Mike and Tatum get carries. Broncos have to keep the Steelers guessing.

Plummer needs to not turn the ball over. IF he turns the ball over a couple of times its going to be hard for the broncos to win. So as long as he mange’s the game the broncos should be fine.

There defense has to play great. The Defense is the only reason the broncos are doing good the offense has been playing pretty bad so their D will have to play great once again.

Blitz55 Prediction: Steelers 24 Broncos 20

Steelersfan
11-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Very good job Blitz. This is a must win game for us so they better step it up!

AZ_Steeler
11-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Nice work Blitz!!!

Blitzburgh55
11-04-2006, 07:47 PM
We better win or i will have to kill someone

House of Steel
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Excellent job, Blitz. We better win, or else!

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Good work Blitz