PDA

View Full Version : Haters at work

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Where I work, there is much to hate about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This happens to be the DC Metro Area (Quantico), and of course, it's also "Redskin Nation".
I constantly have to defend my Steelers paraphenalia in my office (an entire 12 month Big Ben calender, a Terrible Towel hanging on the wall, a picture of the Steelers home game at FedEx Field BWAHAHAH), and the heckling is periodic, but sometimes fun because it's easy to stand your ground against these clowns.

Originally an Ohio Valley guy, they just can't seem to understand my allegience to the Black and Gold. How can you NOT understand it, I say.

All I hear on the radio is "why can't the Skins do this", or "why can't they get their management on the level of Steelers, or the Pats?" and "Hail to the Redskins"

Humorous if anything.

For all of us in Steeler Nation that were forced or chose to migrate elsewhere, what form does YOUR heckling take? Or even better, how do you throw it back at 'em?

Just wanna hear your thoughts

Semper Fidelis

TampaSteelGirl
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Just show them a pic of the nice shiny 6 Lombardis we have!!! :greengrin:

A little sumpthin like this....

:6smile:

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
That's outstanding.

Though I do have a pic of the 6 pack of Lombardi's on my wall

TampaSteelGirl
04-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Well can you imagine the razzin I got when Superbowl was here in Tampa and the Steelers were in it and I live in Tampa???? well everyone knows my cubicle because it's decked out in Black and Gold, pics etc. Everyone was jumping on the Cards bandwagon of course "buzz...buzz...tweet...tweet" but when we won and I got back towork.....it was pure silence.....what happened??? :greengrin:

NO one says a word to me now..... they know better....we are champions!!!

Just ask them how man Lombardi's they have??? They'll shut up!!

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh yes...

The Cards bandwagon was in full effect here too.

Fitzgerald and Boldin were supposedly gonna burn up the Steelers D no matter what.

And also, Ben was "supposedly" an overrated QB. No love for the heroes!

I would always come back with how the Deadskins were 8-8, and "HAIL to the Redskins!"

V_83
04-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I live in OH, and get heckled by Browns and Bengals fans. It's actually kind of hard to listen to smack-talk from these people and take them seriously. Every year it's the same thing over and over and over again, and every year they shut up a couple of weeks into the season to try and save face. So from my perspective, it's easy to get over their crap. Having the Steelers make the playoffs and win super bowls, is just icing on the cake.

steelerfan11
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Just show them a pic of the nice shiny 6 Lombardis we have!!! :greengrin:

A little sumpthin like this....

:6smile:

haha thats what i do. I know this person that is a Pats fan and she keeps saying how great they are. I just ask her to tell me how many Lombardi's the Steelers have and then tell me how many the pats have..lol

BlitzburghNation
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
My brother is a Bung-Ho and tries that http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/thbf-shitwalking.gif with me,,,,,,I just laugh and tell him,all teams that don't have a trophy are just jealous.

He http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/t2314.gif about how our players hit and hines breaking a jaw,,,,,,,I just tell him that's the way football suppose to be played and them Bung-Ho's haven't figured that out yet :hilarious:

HUNT4SEVEN
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I live in OH, and get heckled by Browns and Bengals fans. It's actually kind of hard to listen to smack-talk from these people and take them seriously. Every year it's the same thing over and over and over again, and every year they shut up a couple of weeks into the season to try and save face. So from my perspective, it's easy to get over their crap. Having the Steelers make the playoffs and win super bowls, is just icing on the cake.

Well said :yellowthumb: I go through the same thing here in Cleveland:yesnod:

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM
everyone else is and always will be our practice squad. so tell the hecklers to pitz off.

Callax
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
haha thats what i do. I know this person that is a Pats fan and she keeps saying how great they are. I just ask her to tell me how many Lombardi's the Steelers have and then tell me how many the pats have..lol

Just because Danny Snyder has the money to buy the most expensive (thou not the best) Free agents, does not mean me gets THE BEST free agents!!!
He thinks he's george Steinbrenner he is NOT George Steinbrenner!!!
The free agancy is to supplement a roster, not to bring in that on key player...though Steelers have filled key players lately with ryan clark, hartwig, m moore, and a few years ago was jeff harding, and a few years before that was kevin greene...

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh believe me...Espn 980, Redskins Radio in other words, has every one of their reporters or sports casters questioning something that Zorn, Vinny , or Dan Snyder does to further take the team further down. I hear it every day

All I have to do is laugh

LarryNJ
04-04-2009, 01:39 AM
I spent 10 years in No Va. & DC not far from you 0311 (Dale City). I really never found the Skins fans to be that bad. Granted this was through out the 80's when we just came off 4 SB wins and they were winning too.

Now I'm in Philly and they really don't give me much ****. Of course you have the few idiot drunks at the games that act like A-holes. Or the ones who go to their first game and think they are supposed to act like idiots because that's what they hear on the radio. But all in all they really are pretty cool.

One thing that is really amazing to me is the amount of fans from different teams in Philly. I can understand it in DC because hardly anyone is from there. But in Philly you will meet alot of people who are from Philly but fans of the Cowboys, Giants, Steelers ect. In all my years of living in Pittsburgh I don't ever remember meeting someone who was from Pgh. but a fan of a different team.

0311grunt4ever
04-04-2009, 01:50 AM
It really surprises me to hear that Philly fans have been cool with you. I always thought they were Hyper critical of everything (esp. themselves)

Scorp
04-04-2009, 02:16 AM
For instance, I tell one of my ex-coworkers flat out. "F-ck the chargers and f-ck Noe for liking them." If you're that comfortable with your buddies.....by all means my friend......use the first ammendment well. I will not let any sorry, stupid bastard say sh-t about our SIXBURGH.

livingthrudying
04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Im next to DC as well and my office is a steelers shrine complete with autographed helmets and pictures all over the place. The funny thing is my brothers office is right next to mine and he is a browns fan, lol. And out in our showroom we have all the local redskins stuff just for all the local people who come in, haha, but i just moved here from dallas so its nce to be closer to the burgh and their are even more fans around here than in dallas. On top of that im going to the opening night game at heinz field. Never been there and cant wait!

DahBurgh
04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
We are the only team in NFL history to win 6 superbowls dont let anyone give you ****, you give out the **** because were better than them. You start the heckling and you dont stop even after they get sick of it. The steelers own this country we just let other teams rent out other areas so we have teams to play during the season.

Steelerlyn
04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
You can not fudge championships and the Steelers have had 2 Super bowls within the last four years. That statement alone usually shuts jerks up. Facts are Facts and winnning championships in any sport generally shuts any true thinking person up.

Go Michigan State!~

steelers4life66
04-06-2009, 02:02 PM

This happens to be the DC Metro Area (Quantico), and of course, it's also "Redskin Nation".
I constantly have to defend my Steelers paraphenalia in my office (an entire 12 month Big Ben calender, a Terrible Towel hanging on the wall, a picture of the Steelers home game at FedEx Field BWAHAHAH), and the heckling is periodic, but sometimes fun because it's easy to stand your ground against these clowns.

Originally an Ohio Valley guy, they just can't seem to understand my allegience to the Black and Gold. How can you NOT understand it, I say.

All I hear on the radio is "why can't the Skins do this", or "why can't they get their management on the level of Steelers, or the Pats?" and "Hail to the Redskins"

Humorous if anything.

For all of us in Steeler Nation that were forced or chose to migrate elsewhere, what form does YOUR heckling take? Or even better, how do you throw it back at 'em?

Semper Fidelis

What I like to tell them is since 1970 the Steelers are #2 in most games won. and since 1984 they're #3 in most games won. I have one of the most consistent teams in football and 6 trophy's. What the hell you got? For those who want to know (1970 It's the Dolphins, 84 it's the 9'ners and the Broncos)

DanRooney
04-07-2009, 11:34 PM

Humorous if anything.

Semper Fidelis

I'd be pretty mad to if my quarterback was Jason Campbell :lol:

Phenomenal TJ
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Personally, I love the hate. It means we're doing something right, or rather, the team is doing something right.