Callax
03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Personally, I really do not like the first round pick on this web site

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

ALPHONSO SMITH, CB, WAKE FOREST

I think Pitt should get either Mack or Unger leaning toward Mack
or another variation...
Trade out of the first round
get within the top 10 in the second round and pick up an additional 4th round or maybe a third if a team really wants to move up....... They could still get one of those 2 players and pick up another pick, which they would have more ammo to either pick up more players or trade up to get a "need" player... the steelers draft brain trusts have done a stellar job and I would not question their judgement..
The draft looks like there are some good OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...
CB looks like 1 very good player and a bunch that are all solid, not spectacular in the 2nd to 4th rounds
The more I think about it , the more I like Pitt to get:
JARRON GILBERT, DE, SAN JOSE ST. player has the size to play RE or LE, has time to develop since he would be a spot reliever (Barring injury)
BUT I doubt he'll last till the end of the 2nd round, he put up some mad numbers and that equates to good talent, regardless of competition...
OLx2(3), DL x2, CB these are need positions wr/kr could be a nice addition

OK, Sharp Shoot Away!!! :willybs:

cmerrifield
03-31-2009, 11:22 PM
I am not in love with a first round CB pick. I think there are plenty of guys who could become really good in a year or two. But, I feel that way with every position, I dont feel any urgency to fill any big holes. So, unless they draft QB, OLB or TE with the first pick, I will be pretty happy.

Just to clarify, those are the picks, I dont want in the first round, most other positions that are the Best available player will make me happy.

Callax
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
I am not in love with a first round CB pick. I think there are plenty of guys who could become really good in a year or two. But, I feel that way with every position, I dont feel any urgency to fill any big holes. So, unless they draft QB, OLB or TE with the first pick, I will be pretty happy.

QB:It is very much a given QB is out of the question with Dennis Dixon being 1st round talent drafted in the 5th round last year, Batch or Leftwich returning

OLB: timmons can play both, Woodley coming into his own last year and showing he's a stud.. Harrison nuf said...Plus Davis out of UCLA 2nd alltime leading sacker at that school will get some playing time depth not problem..

TE: Heath Miller Sean McHugh (TE playing FB) Matt Spaeth should improve

None of these will be drafted, OL DL CB WR/KR are the teams pressing need , some is immediate depth/ starter improvement OL
rest is quality depth/ future starters being groomed: DL CB:yellowthumb:
WR/KR is just icing on the cake.

K Train
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Personally, I really do not like the first round pick on this web site

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

ALPHONSO SMITH, CB, WAKE FOREST

I think Pitt should get either Mack or Unger leaning toward Mack
or another variation...
Trade out of the first round
get within the top 10 in the second round and pick up an additional 4th round or maybe a third if a team really wants to move up....... They could still get one of those 2 players and pick up another pick, which they would have more ammo to either pick up more players or trade up to get a "need" player... the steelers draft brain trusts have done a stellar job and I would not question their judgement..
The draft looks like there are some good OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...
CB looks like 1 very good player and a bunch that are all solid, not spectacular in the 2nd to 4th rounds
The more I think about it , the more I like Pitt to get:
JARRON GILBERT, DE, SAN JOSE ST. player has the size to play RE or LE, has time to develop since he would be a spot reliever (Barring injury)
BUT I doubt he'll last till the end of the 2nd round, he put up some mad numbers and that equates to good talent, regardless of competition...
OLx2(3), DL x2, CB these are need positions wr/kr could be a nice addition

OK, Sharp Shoot Away!!! :willybs:

what the hell would make you lean towards mack? hes done nothing but suck compared to wood and unger....the steelers will draft wood if they go center. i COULD live with alphonso smith but would prefer gilbert over him by a lot

Zachintosh66
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I love a CB going #1, theres depth at OL some we can still get a stud to beat out Stapleton or Colon or groom for Hartwig later on.

I expect a WR but prolly not 1-2, unless a major baller is still there with Return skills. Plus looks like there happy with letting Sweed do his thing.

I think DL is the wild card in the first 2 rounds... but if CB's Davis, either Smith, Butler or even Harris I think they will look in that direction.