PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to play Arizona

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
1st preseason game...rematch with the Cards. Starters will be limited of course but it'll be nice to see Mendenhall run all over those guys.

rematch of Super Bowl XLIII highlights the Steelers' preseason schedule, which the NFL released today.

The Steelers will play the Arizona Cardinals Aug. 13 at Heinz Field. The 8 p.m. game, which is on a Thursday, will be televised by ESPN.

The Steelers' other home exhibition game will be played Aug. 29 against the Buffalo Bills at 7:30 p.m.

Silverback 92
03-30-2009, 10:07 PM
4 1/2 months away almost seems like a long time from now. wonder if old man warners hip replacement would be healed by then

cmerrifield
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I love how the NFL tries to make this sound like some kind of rematch, rather than a preseason game, where the starts will get a series or two.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Looks like we get to see the great T.O in late August..I hope Clark lays him out on the opening series.

Got to love a guy who joins a new team and doesn't even show up for voluntary work-outs..let the soap opera begin. San Fran- Act 1, Philly-Act2, Dallas -Act 3..and the maybe the 4th and final chapter...Buffalo.

Callax
03-30-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm looking forward to each of these games and to see how some of the picks from last years draft and this years draft pan out... Mendenhall should be healthy and be a great addition to the running game, we have Davis, another OLB who can rush the passer, so we should be good for a while in LB department. I hope that Hills plays well at RT, or our draft pick that starts in front of him.. If Colon is NOT our starting RG, then to see who is the starter.

K Train
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
cards will win this game, it might actually mean something to them lol

TO wont play in the preseason

Steel Trap86
03-30-2009, 10:55 PM
haha ya cards will come into this game like its a big rematch, even though our starters will play one series...maybe two. watch for the 110 yard return by casey hampton :lol:

MOTORKRAFT
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Preseason games should be played, never televised or talked about. It's like having sex with an ugly girl after to many beers. Everybody knows it happened, but it is never spoken about again.

Scorp
03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
It's not much of a rematch when the Steelers are going to blow them away.
And this is exactly how they're going to do it. :postal:

DahBurgh
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
It is a preseason game if they take it serious thats pathetic just show them the 6 trophies and our rings. I just got two surgeries on my knee and I think I might still be faster than Hampton, Hes a great guy I just dont see him haveing a pick let alone a return unless maybe its one someone elses 1/2 yard line.

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Preseason games should be played, never televised or talked about. It's like having sex with an ugly girl after to many beers. Everybody knows it happened, but it is never spoken about again. Tell us about the first time you had an ugly girl...You go, then I'll go. I bet mine was uglier then yours....did yours have an adams apple?:yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM
It's not much of a rematch when the Steelers are going to blow them away.
And this is exactly how they're going to do it. :postal:

Well hell the starters will only be playing one quarter how can this be a rematch???? Dumbass media!!! :stirpot:

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 03:16 PM
But the uniforms will look the same. So it will be like the 5th quarter of the SB....Maybe we get to play them again this year on SB sunday...Ya never know.

TampaSteelGirl
03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
But the uniforms will look the same. So it will be like the 5th quarter of the SB....Maybe we get to play them again this year on SB sunday...Ya never know.

They don't deserve another chance....:grin1:

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
They don't deserve another chance....:grin1:IDK, I thought they played one hell of a game. That was the most exticing SB I have ever seen. Even if we lost at the end, it still would have been. It just wouldn't have been my favorite....lol If they can do it again, I say do it. The NFC has put out a different SB team 8 or 9 years straight. It would be a nice change to see someone be consistant over there....In the NFC.

Stlrs4Life
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks like we get to see the great T.O in late August..I hope Clark lays him out on the opening series.

Got to love a guy who joins a new team and doesn't even show up for voluntary work-outs..let the soap opera begin. San Fran- Act 1, Philly-Act2, Dallas -Act 3..and the maybe the 4th and final chapter...Buffalo.

Not to defend TO, but he was raising money for charity that day they held the work outs.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Not to defend TO, but he was raising money for charity that day they held the work outs.

I don't doubt that..i know he's done some good stuff off the field..It's just i would never want that guy in my locker room..he's 99% of the time all about him and not his team..and when you hear how guys like Harrison are in there working out on his own with the young players you understand why the Steelers are so special.

Steel Trap86
03-31-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't doubt that..i know he's done some good stuff off the field..It's just i would never want that guy in my locker room..he's 99% of the time all about him and not his team..and when you hear how guys like Harrison are in there working out on his own with the young players you understand why the Steelers are so special.

I saw an interview with T.O. yesterday about his charity works and it is ****ing incredible how different that guy sounds off the field lol whole different person.

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
I saw an interview with T.O. yesterday about his charity works and it is ****ing incredible how different that guy sounds off the field lol whole different person.All he does is charity work...What is it you think he does in the NFL? The league is lucky to have. He does not have to play ball..He could be doing so many other things...like writing self help books or maybe have his own daytime talk show like the View...Oooppps, did I just say that outloud????

Scorp
03-31-2009, 06:01 PM
All he does is charity work...What is it you think he does in the NFL? The league is lucky to have. He does not have to play ball..He could be doing so many other things...like writing self help books or maybe have his own daytime talk show like the View...Oooppps, did I just say that outloud????

Maybe one of his books will be about how not to show up for team workouts.
Or more of the yellow stupid/dummy books. :grin1:

TampaSteelGirl
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe one of his books will be about how not to show up for team workouts.
Or more of the yellow stupid/dummy books. :grin1:

While I admire anyone who does charity work and good for him if that was the case but for him to comment that he never attends those voluntary workouts is crap. He should show the team that he's serious about wanting to be there and wanting to get to know the new guys....glad he'll never be a Steeler....