PDA

View Full Version : Steelers would be dumb to pass on MACK

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Alex Mack out of cal is a beast.....if the steelers actually want to have another shot at getting to the superbowl they are gnna have to do it with talent this year...we arent going to get lucky with playoff oppenents again

we had one of the worst lines in superbowl history...and one of the worst offenses in the league last year...

drafting mack will anchor the line and we can start running the ball efficiently

K Train
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
sure i would take mack.....

in round 3

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
wow....first the lee evans comment...now this... if you really think mack is going to be there in the 3rd....LMAO...hes a steal in the 2nd for any team..

you sure dont know your football...one thing i dont like about steeler nation...some of us are a little stubborn....

holmes was terrible all last year....if lee evans was on the steelers then we would have went 13-3

K Train
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Wood and Unger >>>>> Mack

I sure dont know my football though, mack has heavy feet and has been slipping lately while unger is the only center worth a first round pick at this point. Wood is probably the best fit for the steelers though and to get him they will almost have to use 32 on him cause the browns and bengals love him.

Heres something i do know though, Roger Goodell doesnt spell his name with a D

lloydfan4life
03-30-2009, 02:13 PM

:lol:

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
lol you think i'm the real roger goodelll :lol:

my name is Rodger Goodell...no relation....

jokes on you

seth_westover
03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
wow....first the lee evans comment...now this... if you really think mack is going to be there in the 3rd....LMAO...hes a steal in the 2nd for any team..

you sure dont know your football...one thing i dont like about steeler nation...some of us are a little stubborn....

holmes was terrible all last year....if lee evans was on the steelers then we would have went 13-3

first of all train knows that hes not gonna be there in the 3rd. he is saying he wouldn't take mack unless he was there in the 3rd. Mack will most likely go in the first and most of us know that. He is way more of a ZBS lineman. If he played C for us I would worry everytime we faced a good nose tackle. and we face a lot of them! and as for the lee evens on the steelers, if im not mistaken, weren't we 12-4 last year? and didn't we win the superbowl?!?!?!?! I'll take holmes all day everyday! 13-3 is such a huge difference from 12-4! ONE ****ING GAME DUDE?!?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!?! :tt02:

K Train
03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
lol you think i'm the real roger goodelll :lol:

my name is Rodger Goodell...no relation....

jokes on you

yeah i thought you were the real one lololololololol

tool

TampaSteelGirl
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Wood and Unger >>>>> Mack

I sure dont know my football though, mack has heavy feet and has been slipping lately while unger is the only center worth a first round pick at this point. Wood is probably the best fit for the steelers though and to get him they will almost have to use 32 on him cause the browns and bengals love him.

Don't you guys all know who this moron is??? It's Tim Lumber who was banned now he's back under this name......I figured this one out immediately geez!!!!

BlitzburghNation
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM
:popcorn:

BlackGold4vr
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Alex Mack out of cal is a beast.....if the steelers actually want to have another shot at getting to the superbowl they are gnna have to do it with talent this year...we arent going to get lucky with playoff oppenents again

we had one of the worst lines in superbowl history...and one of the worst offenses in the league last year...

drafting mack will anchor the line and we can start running the ball efficiently

Mack, a close 3rd choice among the group, clinched his elimination by benching only 20 times during his Pro Day. So I was down to Wood and Unger. My gut told me Wood was the better ballplayer, but to cover all bases I looked back at the combine measurables: Wood was faster (5.17 to 5.27), stronger (30 to 22 reps) and has longer arms (33.6 to 32.4) than Unger. I interviewed both and Wood came across as more passionate about the game, while Unger boasted about academics and, frankly, seemed to be a more balanced human being. Of course, we can't have that in this game, so I picked Eric Wood. Then I couldn't find his name on the two-round list I was using to check names, and again began having second thoughts. But, regardless, that's who my "constituents" must live with -- until the next mock draft. ~Jim Wexell

Mack is no longer in the mix IMO

K Train
03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
mack was never really a good option to me

lol at more balanced of a human being but wood can ball

steelers4life66
03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Don't you guys all know who this moron is??? It's Tim Lumber who was banned now he's back under this name......I figured this one out immediately geez!!!!

:plus1:

HUNT4SEVEN
03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=K Train;288674]Wood and Unger >>>>> Mack

If that's true about the Clowns an Bungels, i hope we take him at 32 then:yesnod:

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM

If you said one of the least effective lines ,and most shuffled around lines , i would agree.
But that line that you are so implying ,also had its main player to introduce, taken out before he took hold.
That same line remains intact, and has another season to jell.
The muther ------'s bring home an unprecedented " 6 " bowls , and some are still questioning .
Let Tomlin and the front office run the team.
Seems they are doing fine to me.
All this line needs is a back liKe " Rashard " to come alive.
He was taken away early , and they still struggled ! Struggled to bring home number " 6 " !!!!!!!!!
They still did it ! How did the line perform on the last drive of the Super bowl ? Thats what i thought , they did thier job and won the game ! When the chips were down , they picked them all up.
Dispute that , and i will call you a liar!!!!!!!!!!
I ain't mad , but please lay off the o-line.

DahBurgh
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
First off there was no luck involved in winning the superbowl, luck is when oppurtunity meets preperation. Second we need help in the O line area however we can get it if he had and other QB they would have been dean Big Ben is the toughest SOB out there and thats all there is to it.