PDA

View Full Version : Can santonio holmes be as good as Lee Evans?

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Santonio holmes posesses a similar skill set to Lee Evans of the buffalo bills...Although not as fast...hands almost as good...Can he be as good as lee evans?

K Train
03-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Santonio holmes posesses a similar skill set to Lee Evans of the buffalo bills...Although not as fast...hands almost as good...Can he be as good as lee evans?

lee evans is kind of an underacheiver, ive thought holmes' skillset was similar to marvin harrison out of college, not much anymore cause hes alot tougher than harrison ever was but lee evans wishes he was santonio holmes right now

PsychoWard
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd take holmes over evens any day of the week!

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
lol...if u cant spell the name...no room for comment...

anyone that think holmes is better is delrious....

holmes is a #2 and put up 821 yards 5 tds

Evans #1, gets the double team always.. 1017 yards 3 tds

I think everyone will change their minds when terell owens gets doubled and throws a hissy fit bcuz lee evans will be getting mad tds....

instead of taking holmes in fantasy ill take evans this time!

K Train
03-30-2009, 02:32 PM

I think everyone will change their minds when terell owens gets doubled and throws a hissy fit bcuz lee evans will be getting mad tds....

steelers have zero fantasy relevant players....fill in players at best. Owens was absolute **** last year, he is a much slower player than he used to be, he disappears from games.

you say he cant spell evans but you spell your user name wrong and cant spell delirious

holmes did not have a great year but he was clutch and did, despite what you think get double teamed which is why ward had such an unusually productive year.

Holmes dominated the playoffs, what more could you ask for?

PsychoWard
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM

what are you some kind of troll all over lee's nuts???? lee Evans isn't getting any younger and you just said it yourself Holmes is a #2 with more touchdowns.Holmes is working harder every year and improving his game. When hines retires in a few years holmes will be #1 and his numbers will reflect that!

TampaSteelGirl
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Tim get off the site!!!! :nono:

steelers4life66
03-30-2009, 04:27 PM
what are you some kind of troll all over lee's nuts???? lee Evans isn't getting any younger and you just said it yourself Holmes is a #2 with more touchdowns.Holmes is working harder every year and improving his game. When hines retires in a few years holmes will be #1 and his numbers will reflect that!

I'm with you dude. Holmes hasn't peaked yet. Next three or four seasons he's going to brake out.

K Train
03-30-2009, 04:29 PM
try next year....hes coming off to good of a postseason to slip up now...last year was a down year compared to the previous one but he also recieved alot more attention

Steel Trap86
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM

lol wtf is with the name man?! As for Holmes he was average in the regular season, but he was not only named the MVP of the superbowl, but he was probably the offensive MVP of the playoffs. I have nothing against Lee Evans, he's a wicked player, but right now I'd take Holmes over Evans

Black@Gold Forever32
03-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Holmes struggled early on in 2008.......Some of it was him and some of it was also Ben.....Holmes played well late in the season and then took his play to the next level in the post season and dominated with a punt return for a TD and his receiving skills.......I would take Holmes over Lee Evans....So what Even had a 1000 yards but Holmes had more TD's in the regular season with Holmes having a slight down year......

Dean Denton
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
They both suck...Bring back Thigpen and Lipps....Booo

Sir Blitzelot
03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't see any reason why Santonio should not be classified in the same category as Lee Evans right now. Sure, Holmes may not technically be a "number one" wide receiver on a depth chart, but he certainly played like a number one in the playoffs. He may not have the big numbers of a Lee Evans, but he plays big in big situations, and that is all that matters. :2cents:

Dean Denton
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't see any reason why Santonio should not be classified in the same category as Lee Evans right now. Sure, Holmes may not technically be a "number one" wide receiver on a depth chart, but he certainly played like a number one in the playoffs. He may not have the big numbers of a Lee Evans, but he plays big in big situations, and that is all that matters. :2cents:I agree...I doubt there are too many Wr in the league that are going to put Ward at the #2 spot.

Callax
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
i have holmes in one of my leagues and last year he was hot and cold
I had Lee evans in years past. He was pretty good and he was worse last year.
I will take santonio now and I think Lee will have a very good year.

Troyisabeast_43
03-30-2009, 11:02 PM

Whether this is Tim ******** Lumber or not asking this question about Holmes in comparison to Evans it's so ridiculous of a topic and of a post all together that it's not even worth discussion. If someone thinks that Lee Evans is as good as a receiver as Holmes and dare even asks if you think Holmes can be as good as him you need to have your ****ing head examined. I mean this post is just a complete and total waste of time it's almost embarrassing.

Silverback 92
03-30-2009, 11:11 PM
only stat I care about at this point Holmes has 1 SB ring and Evans has none I think

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-30-2009, 11:46 PM
I got to agree these 2 don't even compare. Holmes is young and on the up swing of his career. He may not be No.1 on the depth chart but, I'd be willing to bet opposing defenses spend as much if not more time game planning for him over Hines. He still has unreached potential,which is better then having potential he never reached aka Evans. T.O. may take some pressure off him but I still wouldn't expect all that much more production out of him in the coming season, he is on the downside of a mediocre career...:2cents:

MOTORKRAFT
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Santonio holmes posesses a similar skill set to Lee Evans of the buffalo bills...Although not as fast...hands almost as good...Can he be as good as lee evans? Better question. Will Lee Evans ever be a Super Bowl M.V.P.? I'll answer your question as soon as you answer mine. Oops, I think I just answered both our questions. :cope:

DanRooney
03-31-2009, 12:57 AM
lol wtf is with the name man?! As for Holmes he was average in the regular season, but he was not only named the MVP of the superbowl, but he was probably the offensive MVP of the playoffs. I have nothing against Lee Evans, he's a wicked player, but right now I'd take Holmes over Evans

Umm...Fitzgerald was the offensive MVP of the playoffs by a longshot. Holmes #2.

DahBurgh
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
An absolute starter in fantasy is Heath Miller as well as our D or anyone on it if you do individuals as well as whoever our starting running back or goal line back is(depending on the situation). I would take Holmes over Evans not just because the stats are almost the same even though holmes is a number 2 receiver but if nothing else im a Pittsburgh Fan screw the bills and TO.

Steel Trap86
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Umm...Fitzgerald was the offensive MVP of the playoffs by a longshot. Holmes #2.

umm....maybe he was but, i gave holmes the #1 because he got the superbowl winning catch on top of his playoff performance. Fitzgerald was obviously a beast too.

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 03:49 PM
umm....maybe he was but, i gave holmes the #1 because he got the superbowl winning catch on top of his playoff performance. Fitzgerald was obviously a beast too.
I thought it was Moss and T.O...Oh wait...They didn't make the playoffs. My bad...lol

Rodger Goodell
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah they went 11-5 with cassel...

thank god brady went down and they lost 3 starters on D..or else we wouldnt have had another ring this year.....

also Lee evans hands down is better than Holmes.... I love just bcuz holmes was sick in the super bowl ppl forget how bad he was all season long...almost as bad as braylon edwards..

Love how people cant admit it though....But all of you do think sweed is awesome lmao...esp wen that receiver we drafted in the 7th was higher on the depth chart than him but they cut him....it wouuld have been sweed cut becuz the guy was better they said but u cant just cut a 2nd round pick

hilarious

JCBills
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
lee evans is kind of an underacheiver, ive thought holmes' skillset was similar to marvin harrison out of college, not much anymore cause hes alot tougher than harrison ever was but lee evans wishes he was santonio holmes right now

You must be high.

Holmes faces single coverage, all game, every game. He has Heath Miller, Hines Ward, and had Washington to pull coverage away forcing a balanced secondary, and is STILL yet to have a 1,000 yd season.

Evans, on the other hand, has never had a legit receiving threat across from him, and has been doubled every year of his career except his rookie season, yet still manages to cross the 1,000 yd mark. Evans also has only dropped less than 5% of passes thrown his way, which is insane.

I don't know what you base your bullshit off of, but oh man what a joke you are, that statement how Holmes is tougher than Harrison? LOL!

Zachintosh66
04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Evans is a monster and with no QB...

If anyone is the underachiever is Holmes... Last year was his supposed to be his breakout year and he would surpass Hines as #1. At least he showed up at the end of the year and the post season especially. Hopefully he can continue this and not look back from here on out...

PsychoWard
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
who the **** are these losers???

if tom brady was healthy we wouldn't have won the superbowl???? dude there is no way you are a steelers fan **** you go away!!!

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
who the **** are these losers???

if tom brady was healthy we wouldn't have won the superbowl???? dude there is no way you are a steelers fan **** you go away!!!

it's a legitimate comment....if brady hadn't gotten hurt the Steelers might not have won.

So now we are shooing non-steeler fans away? Unless they happen to be your real life friends right?

PsychoWard
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
it's a legitimate comment....if brady hadn't gotten hurt the Steelers might not have won.

So now we are shooing non-steeler fans away? Unless they happen to be your real life friends right?

nobody is shooing anyone away! this guy hasn't said one positive thing about the steelers and yet he claims he is a fan! If you think this guy is a true fan you are as dumb as him!

and **** brady we have the best defense on football we can shut down anyone including gay brady!

JCBills
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Evans is a monster and with no QB...

If anyone is the underachiever is Holmes... Last year was his supposed to be his breakout year and he would surpass Hines as #1. At least he showed up at the end of the year and the post season especially. Hopefully he can continue this and not look back from here on out...

Exactly right.

Evans has had 4-5 QBs in his career, and is able to produce regardless, as well as facing double teams every play, something Holmes hasn't shown he can handle.

Steel Trap86
04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
thank god brady went down and they lost 3 starters on D..or else we wouldnt have had another ring this year.....

lol i love how people think brady is some untouchable QB that guarentee's a superbowl victory every year. all you have to do is get to him like the giants did, smack him around a little bit, show no mercy, frustrate him and he'll fold up like the legs of a hooker that just had a train run through her. the steelers were masters of terrorizing the QB last season, we played new england and had 5 sacks & multiple forced fumbles. harrisson, hampton & woodley terrorized cassell all day and i think it would have been no different if your butt buddy brady was in the mix.

:postal:

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
nobody is shooing anyone away! this guy hasn't said one positive thing about the steelers and yet he claims he is a fan! If you think this guy is a true fan you are as dumb as him!

and **** brady we have the best defense on football we can shut down anyone including gay brady!

why isnt he a true fan...b/c he doesnt suck steeler ****?

whats the Steelers reccord against the Pats with Brady in the line-up....? I'll be waiting.

K Train
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah they went 11-5 with cassel...

also Lee evans hands down is better than Holmes.... I love just bcuz holmes was sick in the super bowl ppl forget how bad he was all season long...almost as bad as braylon edwards..

Love how people cant admit it though....But all of you do think sweed is awesome lmao...esp wen that receiver we drafted in the 7th was higher on the depth chart than him but they cut him....it wouuld have been sweed cut becuz the guy was better they said but u cant just cut a 2nd round pick

hilarious
ive said before that brady going down is the moment i thought we had a chance.

holmes was not bad all year, he was special but he was solid and produced, it wasnt his "breakout" year that everyone expected but ben had a bum shoulder for 70% of the season too....net year holmes has no excuses, especially since his confidence should be off the charts right now.

baker is a failure, but he knew the playbook....thats why he was higher than sweed. sweed definitely took longer than expected to get any playing time, he struggled early on but next year he should be poised to at least put up nate washington-like numbers.

You must be high.

Holmes faces single coverage, all game, every game. He has Heath Miller, Hines Ward, and had Washington to pull coverage away forcing a balanced secondary, and is STILL yet to have a 1,000 yd season.

Evans, on the other hand, has never had a legit receiving threat across from him, and has been doubled every year of his career except his rookie season, yet still manages to cross the 1,000 yd mark. Evans also has only dropped less than 5% of passes thrown his way, which is insane.

I don't know what you base your bullshit off of, but oh man what a joke you are, that statement how Holmes is tougher than Harrison? LOL!

heath miller blocks (if thats considered blocking, at least he tries) and when holmes is covered one on one he smokes them like a blunt....watch the games, ward is always covered one on one and get open on underneath stuff because he just doesnt have the speed to dictate coverages at this point in his career.

evans has had solid guys across from him throughout his career. moulds wasnt bad, he was the possesion and evans was the deep threat. Evans doesnt score TDs unless its 70-80 yards long from jp losman, he can run a fly pattern but he has been somewhat of an under acheiver and is hardly a "monster" with "insane" ability. and btw the QBs hes had throw to him the last few years werent superstars but they were solid and could get him the ball.....you dont have to be peyton manning to throw to a #1 wr and a RB all day.

and marvin harrison=pussy compared to holmes who is a vicious blocker for his size and goes up and gets the ball. harrison is a very finesse player....im not sure what you "base your bullshit on" either

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
lets just say this...monster WR's dont go to the University of Wisconsin

PsychoWard
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
why isnt he a true fan...b/c he doesnt suck steeler ****?

whats the Steelers reccord against the Pats with Brady in the line-up....? I'll be waiting.

Sorry Tee I almost forgot thanks for reminding me you are perfect you never call anyone out! But if someone else does god forbid we are just a piece of ****.

Steelers record when we lead the league in just about every defensive category against Brady? I couldn't tell you he was hurt last year I guess we will have to wait a few months and see how Brady does with our D!

Talking about sucking **** I think you are the one who is sucking bradys **** Football is a team sport I don't care how good you are not one person is going to take you to and win a Superbowl! Defense wins championships and Steelers proved that!

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry Tee I almost forgot thanks for reminding me you are perfect you never call anyone out! But if someone else does god forbid we are just a piece of ****.

Steelers record when we lead the league in just about every defensive category against Brady? I couldn't tell you he was hurt last year I guess we will have to wait a few months and see how Brady does with our D!

Talking about sucking **** I think you are the one who is sucking bradys **** Football is a team sport I don't care how good you are not one person is going to take you to and win a Superbowl! Defense wins championships and Steelers proved that!

your problem is you take yourself too seriously, it's a message board...learn to deal with differing opinions.

The Steelers had the best D in the laegue in the SB, too, the same D that almost let Larry Fitzgerald take the Lombardi trophy home with him. Who won that game in the finals seconds? The Steelers O, not the D, they almost let it slip away with a huge play against them.

Brady, like him or not is tied for top three QB's in the league right now, and the dude just wins games. Yeah the Giants rattled him in the SB last year, and it was great, but he seems to hold something over the Steelers, b/c they sure have trouble beating him, especially in the postseason.

Here is a question that is completely unrelated, since no one person matters, do you think the Steelers would have won the SB, w/o Ben? If you say yes you're full of ****.

PsychoWard
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
your problem is you take yourself too seriously, it's a message board...learn to deal with differing opinions.

The Steelers had the best D in the laegue in the SB, too, the same D that almost let Larry Fitzgerald take the Lombardi trophy home with him. Who won that game in the finals seconds? The Steelers O, not the D, they almost let it slip away with a huge play against them.

Brady, like him or not is tied for top three QB's in the league right now, and the dude just wins games. Yeah the Giants rattled him in the SB last year, and it was great, but he seems to hold something over the Steelers, b/c they sure have trouble beating him, especially in the postseason.

Here is a question that is completely unrelated, since no one person matters, do you think the Steelers would have won the SB, w/o Ben? If you say yes you're full of ****.

First let me start by thanking you for pointing out my problems what would we do without you???

I am not saying brady is not good hell top 3 for sure he might be and probably is the best qb in the leauge! But he is human and can be stopped, and with the way the steelers D played last year I say we stop him. That is my opinion and there is no way we will every know that!

And to answer you last question Hell no I don't think we could have won the Superbowl without Ben BUT Ben didn't get us there Yes he had a big part of it but you and I both know the main reason we got there is because of our defense!

Now my here's my question for you. Put Brady behind our line how does he do??? If you say the the same or better you are full of ****! The reason Ben plays so well here is because and can extend plays and scramble and throw on the run. Brady wouldn't last one Quarter behind our line!

K Train
04-01-2009, 09:55 PM

brady is tied for top 3?....few question, whos to say brady will ever be the same after that injury and whos the other 2?

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
First let me start by thanking you for pointing out my problems what would we do without you???

I am not saying brady is not good hell top 3 for sure he might be and probably is the best qb in the leauge! But he is human and can be stopped, and with the way the steelers D played last year I say we stop him. That is my opinion and there is no way we will every know that!

And to answer you last question Hell no I don't think we could have won the Superbowl without Ben BUT Ben didn't get us there Yes he had a big part of it but you and I both know the main reason we got there is because of our defense!

Now my here's my question for you. Put Brady behind our line how does he do??? If you say the the same or better you are full of ****! The reason Ben plays so well here is because and can extend plays and scramble and throw on the run. Brady wouldn't last one Quarter behind our line!

So you are saying one player DOES make a difference. Does NE beat our asses those last few years w/o Brady? I doubt it.

I also doubt Brady would be better than Ben behind our line, but its something we will never know. Brady doesn't get sacked too often, and he does release fairly quickly, ala Byron Leftwich, who fouind a measure of success when he had to step-up. I think Brady could still be a pro-bowl QB behind our line. Half the reason Ben gets sacked so often is because he holds the ball forever looking to make that play. Brady probably reads defenses pre-play better than anyone with the exception of Peyton.

I think Ben gets himself into as much trouble as he gets out of, just my personal opinion.

--- Added 4/1/2009 at 08:05 PM ---

brady is tied for top 3?....few question, whos to say brady will ever be the same after that injury and whos the other 2?

I think Brady will come back pretty strong. the pats seem to think so too, trading away Cassell, and they dont make too many bad personnel moves. His game isn't too centered aroudn his knee and mobility.

The other two are pretty easy...ben and Peyton

I say tied for top 3 b/c none of them could do better in each others systems (maybe Peyton and Brady flopping would be ok, but not Ben with either of them).

PsychoWard
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
So you are saying one player DOES make a difference. Does NE beat our asses those last few years w/o Brady? I doubt it.

I also doubt Brady would be better than Ben behind our line, but its something we will never know. Brady doesn't get sacked too often, and he does release fairly quickly, ala Byron Leftwich, who fouind a measure of success when he had to step-up. I think Brady could still be a pro-bowl QB behind our line. Half the reason Ben gets sacked so often is because he holds the ball forever looking to make that play. Brady probably reads defenses pre-play better than anyone with the exception of Peyton.

I think Ben gets himself into as much trouble as he gets out of, just my personal opinion.

If you read my post i never said one person doesn't make a difference what i said was One person isn't going to get you to and win the Superbowl. I agree that Ben holds the ball to long but a lot of the times to he doesn't have a lot of time! The pats have one of the best O lines in the NFL if not the best that's why in my opinion cassel had the success that he had last year.

K Train
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM

--- Added 4/1/2009 at 08:05 PM ---

I think Brady will come back pretty strong. the pats seem to think so too, trading away Cassell, and they dont make too many bad personnel moves. His game isn't too centered aroudn his knee and mobility.

The other two are pretty easy...ben and Peyton

I say tied for top 3 b/c none of them could do better in each others systems (maybe Peyton and Brady flopping would be ok, but not Ben with either of them).

i was just wondering because i know how you (felt) about ben.....i think others could be in this discussion, alot of people would put cutler, palmer, rivers, brees, warner over ben....obviously because they are hatin, these guys (especially brees) are better passers than ben, but none of them are better football players or quarterbacks imo.

brady might be mobile in shorts running drills, but who knows how hes gonna be on gameday....i hope hes never the same again and wouldnt lose a bit of sleep if he shredded his knee on his first snap back in action....but im a sick ****

TEEMONT
04-02-2009, 01:14 AM
If you read my post i never said one person doesn't make a difference what i said was One person isn't going to get you to and win the Superbowl. I agree that Ben holds the ball to long but a lot of the times to he doesn't have a lot of time! The pats have one of the best O lines in the NFL if not the best that's why in my opinion cassel had the success that he had last year.

and I disagreed...I dont care how great our D was this year...w/o Ben we wouldn't have even won the North...let alone beat the Ravens three times and gone to and won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes that one player can push you over the edge. Brady is that player for NE. With him they are the favorites to win it all. Vegas doesn't make the odds to lose money. Without him, they will be in a dogfight to get into the playoffs, just like this past year.

--- Added 4/1/2009 at 11:14 PM ---

i was just wondering because i know how you (felt) about ben.....i think others could be in this discussion, alot of people would put cutler, palmer, rivers, brees, warner over ben....obviously because they are hatin, these guys (especially brees) are better passers than ben, but none of them are better football players or quarterbacks imo.

brady might be mobile in shorts running drills, but who knows how hes gonna be on gameday....i hope hes never the same again and wouldnt lose a bit of sleep if he shredded his knee on his first snap back in action....but im a sick ****

We'll see, like I said...the Pats arent going to make uninformed personel moves like they did with Cassell if they weren't sure Brady was gonna be 100%. I hate Brady too, and I was even dickish enough to buy a Pollard fan club shirt (mainly b/c some of my friends are pats fans), but the dude can will a team to win. I would love to see the Steelers and Pats in the AFCCG this year with Ben and Brady going at it. Specially with the Pats old *** D.

K Train
04-02-2009, 01:51 AM
i would have bought one but i only saw them in red and i dont like red

freddy69
04-02-2009, 07:41 AM
hell ya i think this kid has all the tools

PsychoWard
04-02-2009, 09:12 AM
and I disagreed...I dont care how great our D was this year...w/o Ben we wouldn't have even won the North...let alone beat the Ravens three times and gone to and won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes that one player can push you over the edge. Brady is that player for NE. With him they are the favorites to win it all. Vegas doesn't make the odds to lose money. Without him, they will be in a dogfight to get into the playoffs, just like this past year.

Ok answer me this then The pats finished the season 11-5 with Cassel a guy that hasn't started a football game since high school. Put him behind the center with anyone other NFL team your choice does he have the same success?

TEEMONT
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok answer me this then The pats finished the season 11-5 with Cassel a guy that hasn't started a football game since high school. Put him behind the center with anyone other NFL team your choice does he have the same success?

Probably not (and def not with the Chiefs) I never said the Pats weren't good w/o Brady, I just said they weren't SB material. Besides...Cassell isn't a bad QB.