PDA

View Full Version : SA Message Board Mock Draft

THEcatch1043
03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I've been waiting an eternity to be approved for the steelers.com board...and they are doing this MB Mock draft...where 32 people each select a team (or some people have 2-3 teams), and they are going to go through the first 5 rounds of the draft and each person drafts for the team they have selected...you can make trades (players/picks), or just make picks and so on...it seems like a cool idea to me...and i wanted to be a part of it...but of course i couldnt be...so i figured i'd see what the interest here for something like this is like.

BASIC RULES:

Ok everyone...we're going to get the balling rolling a bit here....heres some more details on this thing....

- We will follow the draft order that is the most current when we officially start making picks (so the Cutler trade will have already happened/etc)

- We will first aim to do the first 3-4 rounds, and see where we are when we finish that vs. when the real draft is

- You may trade any players and any picks (from this yrs draft only), trades are to be negotiated via PM between the team GMs.

- All trades must be approved by BOTH teams (each team will post approval on the board/etc)

- In the first round you will have close to 12 hours to make your pick, if you do not make your pick in about 12 hours you will be skipped and the next team is on the clock...you can announce your pick at anytime though if you are skipped...players will be first come first serve...so if a team that got skipped hurries and puts their pick in before the team on the clock...and thye want the same player...the first to post it get them...this all is to accomodate people in different time zones/etc....Rounds 2 and down you will have less to pick (like 6-8 hours or so maybe)

- If you are not going to be around when your pick will be up...you can PM me your top 2-3 picks and I will anounce the pick for you

- I will keep an updated list of the pick order, whos team is who, on the very 1st post in this thread...to make it easy to find. We will make a separate thread for all finalized trades to be posted (also a copy of this will be posted in the 1st post also)

I think those are the main points. But pretty much we just go through it like the real draft acting as teams GM's etc.....the only team not available to pick from is the Steelers...as we will have a vote (via PMs to me) as to who they will take. All other teams are up for grabs on a first come first serve basis. If at any point anybody new wants to join in then a few teams will be randomly picked for them (or if a few people volunteer to give up a team thats fine too).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams per Member (excluding PIT):

JoeThomas - Browns/Lions/Packers/Colts
$teelers Rule - Jets/Giants/Texans/Chiefs
Thomas_43 - Broncos/Eagles/Vikings/Jaguars/Bucs
MillerTime83 - Bears/Cardinals/Bills/Falcons/Bengals
JensK - Seahawks/Rams/Chargers/Patriots
Zachintosh66 - Redskins/Panthers/Saints/Titans/Cowboys
THEcatch1043 - Dolphins/Raiders/49ers/Ravens (and i will announce the Steelers voted on picks)

First come first serve....if any new people join...some of us can give up a team to them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Current Draft Order:

Round 1

1(1) Lions - Jason Smith, T, Baylor
2(2) Rams - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
3(3) Chiefs - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
4(4) Seahawks - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
5(5) Browns - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
6(6) Bengals - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzou
7(7) 49ers (f/ Raiders) - Matthew Stafford, QB, UGA
8(8) Jaguars - B.J. Raji, NT, BC
9(9) Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
10(10) Raiders (f/ 49ers) - Everette Brown, DE, FSU
11(11) Bills - Brian Cushing, LB, USC
12(12) Broncos - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
13(13) Redskins - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
14(14) Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, OSU
15(15) Texans - Clay Matthews, LB, USC
16(16) Chargers - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
17(17) Jets - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
18(18) Broncos (From Chicago) - Larry English - DE/OLB - NIU
19(19) Buccaneers - Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
20(20) Lions (From Dallas ) - Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State
21(21) Eagles - Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, OSU
22(22) Vikings - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
23(23) Patriots - Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia
24(24) Falcons - Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
25(25) Dolphins - Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, PSU
26(26) Ravens - Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
27(27) Colts - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
28(28) Eagles (From Carolina) - Hakeem Nicks, WR, NC
29(29) Giants - Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
30(30) Titans - James Laurinaitis, LB, OSU
31(31) Cardinals - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
32(32) Steelers - Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State

Round 2

1(33) Lions - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
2(34) Patriots (F/ KC) - Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah
3(35) Rams - William Beatty, OT, UCONN
4(36) Browns - Darius Butler, CB, UCONN
5(37) Seahawks - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt
6(38) Bengals - Eric Wood, C, Louisville
7(39) Jaguars
8(40) Raiders - Brian Robiskie, WR, OSU
9(41) Packers - Eben Britton, OT, AZ
10(42) Bills - Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
11(43) 49ers - Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
12(44) Dolphins (F/ Wash) - William Moore, DB, Missouri
13(45) Giants (F/ NO)
14(46) Texans
15(47) Patriots (F/ SD)
16(48) Broncos (F/ Hou)
17(49) Bears
18(50) Browns (F/ TB)
19(51) Cowboys
20(52) Jets
21(53) Eagles
22(54) Vikings
23(55) Falcons
24(56) Dolphins
25(57) Ravens
26(58) Patriots
27(59) Panthers
28(60) Giants
29(61) Colts
30(62) Titans
31(63) Cardinals
32(64) Steelers

Round 3

1(65) Lions
2(66) Rams
3(67) Chiefs
4(68) Seahawks
5(69) Cowboys (F/ Clev)
6(70) Bengals
7(71) Raiders
8(72) Jaguars
9(73) Packers
10(74) Raiders (f/ 49ers)
11(75) Bills
12(76) Jets (F/ NO)
13(77) Texans
14(78) Chargers
15(79) Broncos
16(80) Redskins
17(81) Buccaneers
18(82) Lions (F/ Dal )
19(83) Packers (F/ NYJ)
20(84) Broncos (F/ Chic)
21(85) Eagles
22(86) Vikings
23(87) Dolphins
24(88) Ravens
25(89) Patriots
26(90) Falcons
27(91) Giants
28(92) Colts
29(93) Panthers
30(94) Titans
31(95) Cardinals
32(96) Steelers
33(97) Patriots (Compensatory selection)
34(98) Bengals (Compensatory selection)
35(99) Bears (Compensatory selection)
36(100) Giants (Compensatory selection)

JoeThomas
03-28-2009, 09:16 PM
id be in for that

$teelersRule
03-28-2009, 09:26 PM
sounds like a good idea, i think 2-3 rounds would be good 5 is a lot though

THEcatch1043
03-28-2009, 11:01 PM
sounds like a good idea, i think 2-3 rounds would be good 5 is a lot though

Yeah...i was gonna say it just depends how fast things go...3 would be the goal...and depending how it goes then it could be extended a round n so on. The one on the Steelers site got started like a week or so ago so they have a little bit of a head start and might be able to get 5 done before the actual draft.

So this makes 3 of us...if we could at least get 16 people total (2 teams per person) that would be cool...but we'll give it a few days and see what happens!!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm in..Let me know if you get enough people.

THEcatch1043
03-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm in..Let me know if you get enough people.

Will do...you guys who have said you would do it already...try to convince some of your friends on here even, i'd do the same...but yeah being new i dont know anyone yet...hopefully over the next couple days we can at least get enough people where we can do 2 teams each and all...

Thomas_43
03-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm game
Just let me know the details.

THEcatch1043
03-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm game
Just let me know the details.

As soon as we get some more volunteers i will type up some basic rules/etc....nothing too complicated of course.

THEcatch1043
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow...no new people in the last 2 days...booooo that haha

MillerTime83
04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
ill do it

THEcatch1043
04-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Sweet we're up to 6 people...we're gettin there...

JensK
04-01-2009, 03:25 AM
Erhm.. I'll do it i guess

Zachintosh66
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
sounds like fun only if the resident "experts" don't criticize each and every move and just have fun with it...

if so then Im in...

*edited...
PS. Can we take a vote on the Steelers pick when we get to it? Be a nice topic and interesting to see who's still on the board...

THEcatch1043
04-01-2009, 03:19 PM
sounds like fun only if the resident "experts" don't criticize each and every move and just have fun with it...

if so then Im in...

*edited...
PS. Can we take a vote on the Steelers pick when we get to it? Be a nice topic and interesting to see who's still on the board...

Yeah....there shouldnt be any criticizing..now if people wanna give their opinion on a pick someone made then fine...but not like go on a tirade saying you shouldnt have done this or that..blah blah blah...

As far as the Steelers pick...thats not a bad idea...i never thought of that...we'll have to see what some of the others think and all...that could make things a little more fun too!

And sweet we're up to 8 people...which means we could actually start soon...i'll give it another day or so and see if we get anymore..hopefully we do..if not...then i'll go over the rules/etc and we'll start soon!

Thomas_43
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
What time of day are we planning this?? I work 7-3pm, M-F. So those are no good for me :P

THEcatch1043
04-01-2009, 11:05 PM
What time of day are we planning this?? I work 7-3pm, M-F. So those are no good for me :P

Well how it would work is that when we start...whoever has Detroit is on the clock and they have a certain amount of hours (probably somewhere around 12-15) to post their pick here, then when they pick the next team is up and so on..if your time limit is up and no pick/etc has been announced then you get skipped and do not get to pick until after the current team has (you will also be able to PM your pick(s) to me and i can post them if your not going to be around for say a couple days/etc). Its not going to be a live draft...that would be too hard to try to work out.

Thomas_43
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Ohh alright

THEcatch1043
04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Ok everyone...we're going to get the balling rolling a bit here....heres some more details on this thing....

- We will follow the draft order that is the most current when we officially start making picks (so the Cutler trade will have already happened/etc)

- We will first aim to do the first 3-4 rounds, and see where we are when we finish that vs. when the real draft is

- You may trade any players and any picks (from this yrs draft only), trades are to be negotiated via PM between the team GMs.

- All trades must be approved by BOTH teams (each team will post approval on the board/etc)

- In the first round you will have 12 hours to make your pick, if you do not make your pick within the 12 hours you will be skipped and the next team is on the clock...you will have your chance to pick again after that team is done (but you must announce your pick within a few hours time)....this all is to accomodate people in different time zones/etc....Rounds 2 and down you will have less to pick (like 6-8 hours or so maybe)

- If you are not going to be around when your pick will be up...you can PM me your top 2-3 picks and I will anounce the pick for you

- I will keep an updated list of the pick order, whos team is who, on the very 1st post in this thread...to make it easy to find. We will make a separate thread for all finalized trades to be posted (also a copy of this will be posted in the 1st post also)

I think those are the main points. But pretty much we just go through it like the real draft acting as teams GM's etc.....the only team not available to pick from is the Steelers...as we will have a vote (via PMs to me) as to who they will take. All other teams are up for grabs on a first come first serve basis. If at any point anybody new wants to join in then a few teams will be randomly picked for them (or if a few people volunteer to give up a team thats fine too).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick FOUR teams (excluding PIT).

JoeThomas
$teelers Rule
ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
Thomas_43
MillerTime83
JensK
Zachintosh66
THEcatch1043

First come first serve....if any new people join...some of us can give up a team to them.

$teelersRule
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
i live in NY so i guess i can do JETS GIANTS? i dont really care who i get :greenbounce2:

Thomas_43
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I'll take Detroit, and Denver :)

JoeThomas
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Im going to take Cleveland (obviously) and Detroit. Sorry Thomas, he told me I had first pick

Thomas_43
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
No worries, I'll go Denver, Philly

--- Added 4/3/2009 at 09:03 PM ---

Just realized Peezy is infront of me.

THEcatch1043
04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
You know...to speed things up...I think we're gonna do the team picking first come first serve...because it could be a couple days between naming teams....also every one name two mroe teams...so each of you will have 4...remember EXCLUDING THE STEELERS!!! I'm doing this to speed things up some....and whenever the others come around...they can pick from whats left...or if any of you are willing to switch teams thats fine too. If we get anyone new...a few of us can give up a team to them. Sound good?

--- Added 4/3/2009 at 09:54 PM ---

I will be taking 3 teams...since PIT isnt going to anyone...but i will announce the pick that we select for them.

My teams are...the Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders, & San Francisco 49ers

Maybe you guys who do a lot of posting..like on the main Steelers board...can put something in your signature like i did to kind of advertise this...so we can get some more people!

REMEMBER: All updates...teams/picks/pick order/etc will be posted in the FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!!!

Thomas_43
04-04-2009, 12:34 AM
ok, I'll go Denver, Philly, and Vikes then, Cross em off, they are mine!!

THEcatch1043
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM
ok, I'll go Denver, Philly, and Vikes then, Cross em off, they are mine!!

Whos your 4th one?

JoeThomas
04-04-2009, 08:05 AM
ill take cleveland, detroit, green bay, and indy.

you should do an update real quick of the list when teams are off, so when others see this they can know who is taken.

MillerTime83
04-04-2009, 08:57 AM
just give me whoever

Zachintosh66
04-04-2009, 09:11 AM
i really dont care either

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Tampa Bay,Dallas,Cinncinatti,Baltimore

Thomas_43
04-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll Take Jacksonville as my fourth. So for the record:

Jacksonville, Vikings, Denver, Philly

THEcatch1043
04-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok the list has been updated on the 1st post.....Miller & Zach...i will randomly pick your teams once $teelersRule has picked their final 2....and if JensK doesnt come around soon I will just randomly pick his also....so hopefully we might be able to start Sunday night or Monday morning!!

$teelersRule
04-05-2009, 01:34 AM
can you put who has what teams already next to them on the first paige b/c idk what teams are free. thanks! this should be fun

THEcatch1043
04-05-2009, 03:51 AM
can you put who has what teams already next to them on the first paige b/c idk what teams are free. thanks! this should be fun

There are on the first page...i even have them in bold so they stand out...if they arent showing for you...refresh your page! :-)

JensK
04-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry, ive been out of town for a couple of days.

I'll go with Seahawks and Rams for a start. If there are any teams left, i can pick those as well

Thomas_43
04-05-2009, 11:58 AM
we have been picking 4 teams jensk

Check the first post of this thread for the teams that are already taken, and pick 2 more.

JensK
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
we have been picking 4 teams jensk

Check the first post of this thread for the teams that are already taken, and pick 2 more.

Oh sorry. right, i'll go with Chargers and Patriots as well then

THEcatch1043
04-05-2009, 01:55 PM
The following teams are the only ones left:

Bills, Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Redskins, Bears, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Cardinals...

once $teelersRule picks 2 more teams...then i will randomly assign the remaining 8 to Miller and Zach...so there is a good chance we can start late tonight or monday morning latest.

$teelersRule
04-06-2009, 12:26 AM
texans chiefs

MillerTime83
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
ill take bears cards bills

THEcatch1043
04-06-2009, 01:01 AM
ill take bears cards bills

Take the Falcons too

--- Added 4/5/2009 at 11:01 PM ---

As shown on the first page...

JoeThomas - Browns/Lions/Packers/Colts
$teelers Rule - Jets/Giants/Texans/Chiefs
ItAintEasyBeingPeazy - Bucs/Cowboys/Bengals/Ravens
Thomas_43 - Broncos/Eagles/Vikings/Jaguars
MillerTime83 - Bears/Cardinals/Bills/Falcons
JensK - Seahawks/Rams/Chargers/Patriots
Zachintosh66 - Redskins/Panthers/Saints/Titans
THEcatch1043 - Dolphins/Raiders/49ers (and i will announce the Steelers voted on picks)

And like i said if anybody new joins....a few of you could give up a team each to the new person...hopefully once we get going and it goes good...people will want to join in...more fun that way.

Annnnyways....I am going to create a Trade Thread where all finalized trades (trades that both teams confirm on THIS thread) are to be posted by ONE of the parties involved in the trade...remember you can only trade players currently on your team and picks from this yrs draft (none from next yr)...and be sure to negoitiate trades via PM and not on the threads....also the draft order is now LOCKED in...so even if there are any trades in the real NFL they will not effect us here...however FREE AGENT signings in the real NFL can effect this draft (unless of course its a FA signing because another team just cut a player)....and if you are not going to be here to announce your pick..please PM me your top 3 or so (incase a player gets taken before you)...even though you HAVE 12 hrs to announce your pick...please try not to take that long or this will take forever haha....i will update the first post with all draft picks and also update the draft order due to trades...all rules/etc can be found there also.

LETS GOING THIS THING STARTED!!!

The Detriot Lions are now on the clock......

JoeThomas
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
With the 1st pick of the SA Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Jason Smith, T, Baylor

St. Louis is on the clock...

JensK
04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
With the Second pick in the SA Mock Draft: The St. Louis Rams select LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest.

This was really a tough one. Jason Smith was my top priority, so i was really hoping that Lions would have picked Stafford. Since they did not, i was had to go with either Curry or Monroe, since Rams really needs help both on the o-line and on the MLB. I just felt Curry was the biggest talent between those two, and i also feel that there will be pretty good OTs left in second round

$teelersRule
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
with the third pick in the SA mock draft the Chiefs select:
Michael Crabtree WR TexasTech, i was hoping that Curry would fall to this spot and make my choice easy but now the chiefs have a strong weapon across from Dwane Bowe for Cassell to work with. i dont think the foot surgery should hamper him at all because he should be back before training camp anyway. :popcorn:

THEcatch1043
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
This is moving along pretty good guys!!!

------------------------------------------

The Raiders/49ers/Dolphins...would like to announce they are open to trades for players or picks...all trades will be at least considered.

(hopefully later on i will be able to post some players who are definitely on the block)

JensK
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
With the forth pick in the SA Mock Draft: The Seattle Seahawks select QB Mark Sanchez, USC.

I know this may come as a small surprice, but i really like Sanchez over Stafford for Seahawks system. Sanchez has a strong and sure arm, and he'll have a few years to grow under Hasselback.

THEcatch1043
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Sorry i didnt get your PM right away JensK by the time i sat back down with some time to do some things you had already announced it haha.

JoeThomas
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
With the 5th pick in the SA Mock Draft: The Cleveland Browns select Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

With Clevelands top choice Curry off the board and not willing to reach on another DE/LB or engineer a trade down they go with one of the top overall prospects and a RT to shore up the Offensive Line for years to come.

Cincinnati is on the clock...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
With the 6th pick in the SA Mock Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzou

After losing Douche and who knows which Oucho Stinko will show up..A healthy Carson will need a new weapon..although i did want to work on that chinsy *** defense..couldn't pass up on this kid.

Raiders are on the clock.....

THEcatch1043
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
The Raiders would like to announce a trade...

Raiders Get: Pick #10 & pick #74

49ers Get: Pick #7 & pick #126

-------------------------------------------------------------

With the 7th Pick in the 2009 SA MB Mock Draft the SF 49ers select...

QB Matthew Stafford, UGA

With our other target Sanchez off the board....we knew we had to move up to grab Stafford...as we felt there was a good chance the Jaguars would pick him up. Stafford will be the new face of the 49ers for years to come.

----------------------------------------------------

The Jacksonville Jaguars are now on the clock....

THEcatch1043
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
If the Jaguars do not announce a pick within the next hour...they will be skipped and the Packers will be on the clock.

Zachintosh66
04-07-2009, 04:29 PM
give em a little bit... last pick was @ 11:28p... thats late for someone working first shift... 3:30 is only a 8 hour shift if you start @ 7

should we have a max time limit?

Thomas_43
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
With the 8th pick in the 2009 SA Mock Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select: B.J. Raji, NT, BC

--- Added 4/7/2009 at 03:03 PM ---

And sorry about the time it took, but macintosh hit the nail on the head, I work 7 am till 3:30 pm

THEcatch1043
04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Not a problem...and Zach...it's been set at 12 hours between picks...this early first round i'm giving some extra time...like maybe 15 hours or so...then in the later rounds the time limit lowers (i have it all explained on the first page)...this is also why i give the option of you guys PMing me your top like 5 picks so that if you may not be here when your pick could come up...and if i am i can announce it for you...

Green Bay is now on the clock....

--- Added 4/7/2009 at 04:33 PM ---

The following players are on the block...PM me offers...

Dolphins

CB W. Allen
QB J. Beck

49ers

QB A. Smith
QB S. Hill
WR I. Bruce
T B. Sims
LB T. Spikes

Raiders

QB J. Russell
CB N. Asomugha
WR A. Lelie
DT G. Warren
G C. Carlisle
DE's D. Gray, G. Gunhein, J. Richardson, T. Scott

I am accepting offers for all other players on all 3 teams...but these are ones that are definitely on the block!!

steelcityrockers
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh dear God.

Zachintosh66
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
sorry about that catch i missed that...

THEcatch1043
04-07-2009, 09:10 PM
sorry about that catch i missed that...

No problemo! :-)

JoeThomas
04-07-2009, 11:05 PM
With the 9th pick in the 2009 SA Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

THEcatch1043
04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
The Raiders are wondering if anybody would be interested in moving up to pick #10...there are a couple people we'd take there...but we feel we could get them a little later or decent players in the 2nd...please PM me offers asap!

steelers1259
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
In rd. 1 I'd like 2 c the Steelers draft DE/Everette Brown-FL. St., OT/Eben Britton-Arizona, or CB/ Shaun Smith-Utah

THEcatch1043
04-08-2009, 12:31 AM
In rd. 1 I'd like 2 c the Steelers draft DE/Everette Brown-FL. St., OT/Eben Britton-Arizona, or CB/ Shaun Smith-Utah

if this is your vote for the Steelers picks we will be voting on...please PM them to me once the Steelers pick is close...do NOT post them on the board please....if you would delete this message...and wait until time and PM them to me...thanks!

Thomas_43
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Are the raiders gonna pick??? Telling me that I take a long time :P

THEcatch1043
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Are the raiders gonna pick??? Telling me that I take a long time :P

The Raiders were trying to see if anyone wanted to move up in the draft...but it seems like all people wanna do is name picks and no trade around/etc or anything fun. So if i dont hear anything with the next couple hours i'll say screw it and just name a dumb pick.

Thomas_43
04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I will be trading up, just not in that spot, Not really a good spot for what my teams need.

THEcatch1043
04-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Welp i guess nobody is interested in moving up...that or not everyone has seen it...either way...i'm making my pick...

With the 10th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select...

Everette Brown, DE, FSU

The Raiders could not pass up the opportunity to get such a great pass rusher to help our D that hasnt been getting to the QB very much...considered a couple other players...with those other positions have some good depth in this draft...DE has a little depth...but we could not pass up on Brown!

The Buffalo Bills are now on the clock!! (Miller)

MillerTime83
04-09-2009, 04:03 AM
With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select...

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

It was between him and Ayers. After Everette Brown and Brian Orakpo go right before me I had to take the next best player. I was torn between Cushing, Ayers, and A.Smith
, but in the end I think we will get a deal done with Peters even though it would be easier to trade him with Smith. So then it was Cushing and Ayers, 2 of my fav's. I just thought Cushing would be the better fit.

The Denver Broncos are now on the clock....

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Millertime good pick, just make sure you test Cushing regularly.:grin1:

Thomas_43
04-09-2009, 04:38 PM
With the 12th pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Denver Broncos select...

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

The Washington Redskins are now on the clock.

Zachintosh66
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
catch already has the skins and saints in his PM... im out of town till sat

THEcatch1043
04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Sorry havent been around much today...per PM from Zach

With the 13th pick in the 2009 Draft the Redskins select, Michael Oher, OT - Ole Miss
With the 14th pick in the 2009 Draft the Saints select, Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, OSU

The Texans are on the clock...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry fellas..i'll be leaving town tomorrow for a week on vacation. Thought maybe you guys could just each take one of my teams..or however ya wanna work it. My teams were:Bucs/Cowboys/Bengals/Ravens Have fun!

Thomas_43
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll pick up the bucs if you don't mind.

THEcatch1043
04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry fellas..i'll be leaving town tomorrow for a week on vacation. Thought maybe you guys could just each take one of my teams..or however ya wanna work it. My teams were:Bucs/Cowboys/Bengals/Ravens Have fun!

Hate to loose ya...and your welcome to have your teams back when you return...

Thomas 43...sure you can sub in for the Bucs....that leaves the Cowboys, Bengals and Ravens up for grabs...if someone will take Cowboys/Bengals...I'll take the Ravens..unless 3 diff people will take em...Id rather not have another team...but i will take them if nobody else does.

Also the Texans are being skipped which means the Chargers are on the clock...

Zachintosh66
04-10-2009, 09:42 PM
ill take one...

THEcatch1043
04-10-2009, 10:20 PM
ill take one...

Cowboys or Bengals? (i'd like to keep the Ravens until last...so that if we dont have 3 people wanting another team that i can take the Ravens...)

MillerTime83
04-11-2009, 01:36 AM
ill take the cinci or the ravens. I dont have any picks with the Bears so its no biggy which ever.

THEcatch1043
04-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Ok...Thomas43 has the Bucs...Zach has the Cowboys...Miller has the Bengals.,...and I'll pick up the Ravens for now....

Also...the Texans were skipped...now the Chargers will be skipped and the Jets are on the clock (the Jets GM is the same as the Texans...so you can announce both teams picks when you announce the Jets)

Where you at $teelersRule and JensK

THEcatch1043
04-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Ok...Thomas43 has the Bucs...Zach has the Cowboys...Miller has the Bengals.,...and I'll pick up the Ravens for now....

Also...the Texans were skipped...now the Chargers will be skipped and the Jets are on the clock (the Jets GM is the same as the Texans...so you can announce both teams picks when you announce the Jets)

Where you at $teelersRule and JensK

Texans...Chargers and Jets have been skipped (they can announce their picks at anytime though...so available players are first come first serve...if the Broncos announce their pick before the Texans for example...and the Texans wanted that player...too bad haha...)...now the Broncos are on the clock...

Thomas_43
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
With the 18th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select:

Malcom Jenkins, CB, OSU

--- Added 4/12/2009 at 08:21 AM ---

With the 19th Pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select:

Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

--- Added 4/12/2009 at 08:22 AM ---

The Texans, Chargers, Jets, and Lions are now on the clock.

Zachintosh66
04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Jenkins already went to Saints...

Thomas_43
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Ohhh Snap, Good Call, Let me redo!! Instead of Jenkins.......

Larry English, DE/OLB, NIU

JoeThomas
04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
With the 20th pick in the SA Mock Draft the Detroit Lions select Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

Maybe its the fact some teams got skipped, mabe its luck, but the Lions love the fact they could take a OT #1 and still get a QB at the 20th spot.

The Eagles are on the clock

Thomas_43
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
With the 21st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, The Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, OSU

With the 22nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, The Minnesota Vikings Select:

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

The New England Patriots are now on the clock.

THEcatch1043
04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
The Patriots have been skipped...the Falcons are on the clock...

--- Added 4/12/2009 at 09:46 PM ---

Just an update of players on the trading block from my teams...(if anyone else has any please post them)..

Raiders: CB Asomugha, DT Warren, G Carlisle

49ers: QB Smith, QB Hill

Dolphins: QB Beck

Ravens: RB McGahee

PM me with offers...

MillerTime83
04-13-2009, 05:26 AM
With the 24th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, The Atlanta Falcons Select:

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

$teelersRule
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
hey sorry it has been a crazy weekend for me between Easter and my grandmas house getting robbed ill just jump in and go Texans: Clay Matthews and Jets: Percy Harvin. thanks!

THEcatch1043
04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
No problemo at all...i figured a few people wouldnt be around with the holiday and all...

Welp i guess my Dolphins are on the clock now...bare with me a bit while i review whos left (and attempt to cook supper at the same time haha)..

--- Added 4/13/2009 at 06:23 PM ---

With the 25th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft...the Miami Dolphins select...

Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, PSU

The Dolphins were in need of another OLB that could put some pressure on the QB, and we think that Mr. Maybin can make the switch from DE to OLB and be that pass rusher we need. Also considered Robert Ayers, but we just liked Maybins pass rushing ability a lot more than Mr. Ayers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the 26th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft...the Baltimore Ravens select..

Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

We lost Bart Scott, though we did resigned Ray Lewis, he is getting older. So picking an ILB was a no brainer, there we 2 very good ILB's available for us at this spot, Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis. After comparing the two...we think Rey is a better fit for our 3-4 scheme...not saying James couldnt do it...as we loved what he had to offer also.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indy Colts are now on the clock...

JoeThomas
04-13-2009, 08:49 PM
With the 27th pick of the SA Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee.

With a need on the DL seeing Ayers fall to them is a gift on draft day. Offensive Line was also considered but the DL was the better option.

The Eagles are now on the clock

Thomas_43
04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
With the 28th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, The Philadelphia Eagles, Select: Hakeem Nicks, WR, NC

THEcatch1043
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Giants are on the clock...

$teelersRule
04-13-2009, 11:14 PM
giants select Kenny Britt WR rutgars. Should slide into the hole left by Plax in the next year or two

THEcatch1043
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Since we are nearing the end of the first round...I would like everyone participating in this draft...PM me your top 5 picks for the Steelers pick coming up...DO NOT post it in the thread. After i get everybodies picks..then depending on time i may open it up to anyone on the message board. Thanks!

Titans are up...

THEcatch1043
04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The Titans have been skipped and the Cardinals are on the clock...

THEcatch1043
04-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Also seeing I am going to open up the voting for the Steelers pick to anyone on the Board...please PM me (do not post it in thread) your TOP 5 picks for the Steelers at #32

--- Added 4/14/2009 at 09:25 PM ---

The Cardinals are now off the clock also which leaves the Steelers...and seeing how i only have only 4 of at least 7 votes i was hoping for i will hold off on announcing anything just yet. So this means the following teams have not picked...

Chargers, Patriots, Titans, Cardinals

...if they do not pick by the time i announce the Steelers pick sometime tomorrow...I will randomly pick a player for them (based on online mock drafts/etc) and we will move on to the 2nd round. Those of you who are participating and have NOT PM'd me your top 5 picks for the Steelers please do so ASAP!

MillerTime83
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
With the 31st pick in the SA Mock Draft the Airizona Cardinals select:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Zachintosh66
04-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Titans take... James Laurinaitis, LB, OSU

THEcatch1043
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
The only 2 remaing participants in the draft (excluding Peazy who is on vaca) that i have yet to receive votes for the Steelers pick from are Thomas43 and the "mia" JensK. If Thomas can PM me his top 5 picks ASAP...i will announce the pick...and also pick for the Chargers/Pats.

Thomas_43
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I pm'd u my picks last night btw

THEcatch1043
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I pm'd u my picks last night btw

I dont have anything from you....please resend.

--- Added 4/15/2009 at 08:44 PM ---

Since I do not want to wait much longer....i am going to announce the Chargers and Patriots picks...then the Steelers soon after...

With the 16th pick of the 2009 Draft the Chargers select...

Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

They need a tackle and a lot of drafts have them picking a tackle....and Andre was the only 1st round one left.
--------------------------------------------------------

With the 23rd pick of the 2009 Draft the Patriots select...

Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

After reading up on numerous sites...the general idea i got was that they needed some younger LBs...though an ideal Rey M or J.L. would fit the bill better, however since they are off the board...this was the next best LB i could find (based on various sites rankings).

-------------------------------------------------

--- Added 4/15/2009 at 08:52 PM ---

Now onto the Steelers pick, as voted on by you...though not everyone thats participating in the draft got to vote...i am happy with the amount i have so lets get to the results....

With the 32nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft...the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State

I dont really have a problem with this pick...seeing how 3-4 DEs are of a more rare breed than good O-Linemen.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Heres final rankings of the votes for those who may want to know...

1. Gilbert
2. Mack
3. Beatty
4. Britton
5. Alphonso Smith
6. Darius Butler
7. Eric Wood
8. Duke Robinson
9. Sean Smith/Evander Hood/Connor Barwin
10. Brian Robiskie

I think a majority got it right with DL/OL at the top...then DBs...

-------------------------------------------

LET THE 2nd ROUND BEGIN!!!

Lions are on the clock....

JoeThomas
04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
With the 1st pick in the 2nd round of the SA Mock Draft the Detroit Lions select.... Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State.

The New England Patriots are on the clock

THEcatch1043
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I totally forgot all about Pettigrew...wow...very nice pickup in the 2nd for sure. Also the Patriots AND Rams are on the clock...since its the same GM that has them..JensK...who hasnt been around in a while (though according to the site he's been on during the last 24 hours apparently).

Anytime the next 2+ teams have the same GM...BOTH teams will be on the clock. Also we're going to try to cut the pick time down to like 6-8 hours...in some cases i may go a little easy on people...esp if they are ones who have been participating a lot from the begining and such compared to ones who have had to be skipped a lot/etc. Just so we can speed this up and at least get 3 rounds done...maybe more (but i doubt it).

So with that said, I'm going to give JensK a little more time, then they will be skipped (both Pats and Rams) and the next team will be on the clock.

--- Added 4/16/2009 at 01:27 PM ---

The Patriots and Rams have been skipped again...

The Browns are now on the clock...

JoeThomas
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
With the 4th Pick in the 2nd round of the SA Mock Draft the Cleveland Browns select Darius Butler, CB, UCONN

The Browns were happy to take the top rated corner left on the board. They had high hopes Lauranitis would fall to them as well as Moreno so they went with a tough corner that will give them depth at a position that hurt them last season.

The Seahawks are on the clock...

THEcatch1043
04-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Seahawks are skipped too..thats another team of JensK...

However if anyone wants to make the picks for the Pats/Rams/Seahawks/Chargers...please take it upon yourself to do so (at least until JensK shows up again/etc)...otherwise i am skipping them for now...

Bengals are on the clock...

THEcatch1043
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM
This is getting ridiculous...i know people have other things going on and cant always be around for their picks...but if this keeps up we're going to be skipping 1/2 the teams (or just stop doing this all together)...so again i STRESS...that if its within a few picks of your team being up...please PM ME your top 5 or whatever player you want your team to pick...so if your not here i can announce them...though if you are here...thats fine...you can still announce em.

---------------------------------------

I'm going to make another executive decision and make the picks for the RAMS/PATS/SEAHAWKS..to try to be fair and get them picks that are fair to their position in the round...i figured id do this...instead of waitin until the END of the round (if they still havent picked) then pick for them...if these teams were up towards the end of the round that'd be another story....

The Patriots select...

Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah

Smith can play either CB/S...and will be groomed as a starter in either place...thats Pats could use help in this area even with a couple off season signings and smith was too good to pass up on.

The Rams select...

William Beatty, OT, UCONN

with Pace gone/etc...they need some help on the OL...and Beatty is a perfect fit.

The Seahawks select...

LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

Was thinking about going OL here, since they didnt in the 1st round..but after doing some research..RB is a bigger need for them as J. Jones hasnt performed as they expected...AND...they should be able to pick up some quality OL in the 3rd/4th rounds.

------------------------------------------

Bengals are skipped...Jags, Raiders and Packers are on the clock...i'm going to start putting THREE teams on the clock...no matter if they have the same GM or not...and it will be first come first serve for players of course....i wasnt going to do it this way...but we'll be VERY lucky if we even get round 2 done....soo...putting 3 teams up together...if one picks...then the next team is on the clock along with the teams who hasnt picked yet....follow me?

If we do this again next year...we will start much earlier among other things...i know that...

-------------------------------------------------

--- Added 4/17/2009 at 11:35 AM ---

With the 40th pick in the 09 NFL Draft...the Raiders select...

Brian Robiskie, WR, OSU

Again this is one of the Raiders top needs, all we have is a few overpaid WRs who arent as good as they once were, so after getting a pass rusher in the 1st round...we were confident that Robisikie would be here for this pick. He is a solid WR, great route runner, good hands...and will fit perfect in our scheme...could end up being our #1 WR.

---------------------------------------------------

Jags, Packers AND Bills are on the clock...

-----------------------------------------------------
--- Added 4/17/2009 at 12:35 PM ---

VIA PM...

The Packers select...

Eben Britton, OT, AZ

Jags, Bills and 49ers on the clock...

with the 43rd pick in the 09 Draft...the 49ers select...

Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forrest

This is the biggest need on the 49ers D right now..our CBs are showing their age, and we need a great young playmaker, and Alphonso fits that bill perfectly...

Jags, Bills and Dolphins are on the clock.....

---------------------------------------------

with the 44th pick in the NFL Draft...the Dolphins select...

William Moore, DB, Missouri

The Dolphins need some help in the DB area...and Moore is a talented player who could player CB or S for us.

Jags, Bills, and Giants are on the clock....

THEcatch1043
04-18-2009, 12:17 AM
wow not one person on or pick made/etc in almost over 24 hours....if this keeps up...i'm just gonna say we're done! Instead of wasting my time trying to keep this thing going/have some fun. i know people have lives/etc i do too...but man...ive pretty much made all but a couple picks in this 2nd round...and made a good bit more than my share in the 1st...if your not gonna be around a while...lemme know...or if its a short while...pm me picks..its not hard...just dont waste everyones time.

MillerTime83
04-18-2009, 08:24 AM
with the 38th pick in the 09 Draft...the Bengals select

Eric Wood, C, Louisville

--- Added 4/18/2009 at 06:24 AM ---

with th 42nd pick in the 09 draft the Bills select

Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina

THEcatch1043
04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Jags skipped....Giants, Texans and Patriots are on the clock....

THEcatch1043
04-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Well its unfortunate...but based on the status of how things are going it looks like this draft is over...i hate to do it...but with only 2 other people besides myself...being around a lot/etc...its not worth our time continuing this thing. Maybe we can try again next year...

Miller check PMs...and anyone else who would like to do some more drafting PM me ASAP. Thanks and it was fun while it lasted.

Zachintosh66
04-19-2009, 07:14 PM
too bad was having fun

THEcatch1043
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
too bad was having fun

I know i was too..until i started to have to make picks for a majority of the teams it seemed...and people disappeared....

$teelersRule
04-20-2009, 12:10 AM
we need to do it next year but the biggest problem for me is every time i go on the clock its during the weekend and i never get a chance to come on here during the weekends. im sorry if i was part of the messing it up group btw. the first round was fun!

THEcatch1043
04-20-2009, 01:56 AM
we need to do it next year but the biggest problem for me is every time i go on the clock its during the weekend and i never get a chance to come on here during the weekends. im sorry if i was part of the messing it up group btw. the first round was fun!

No problem....and yeah thats why i tried to stress the whole PM your picks thing...even if you had to pm me like your top 10 (because theres like 8-9 teams before you) if you know 100% you would not be on for 2-3 days or something...its smart to do this. But we'll see what next yr brings....

DCBill
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
The first Steeler pick (#32) should occur between 9 PM and 9:30 PM on Saturday night, with the second (#64) at about midnight or shortly thereafter.

I am not allowed to stay up that late!!

JoeThomas
04-21-2009, 01:36 AM
The first Steeler pick (#32) should occur between 9 PM and 9:30 PM on Saturday night, with the second (#64) at about midnight or shortly thereafter.

I am not allowed to stay up that late!!

there is no way it will go that late. the steelers will be somewhere in the 7 pm range. the draft ends at 11 i believe after the 2nd round.