PDA

View Full Version : Mangini Can't Get Enough of the Brett Favre Boogie

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
By Lee Russakoff
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:25:00 GMT
Brett Favre is coming back! OK, he hasn't said he's back yet, but the Browns have invited him to camp! OK, technically Favre is still under contract with the Jets and Browns coach Eric Mangini only wants him as a guest instructor. But still ... Brett Favre!

Here's the lowdown: According to the New York Daily News, Mangini has been text-messaging Favre since the season ended and the two have discussed Favre coming up to Browns camp this summer.

"He might come out to training camp to visit," Mangini said. "Maybe I will have him do the show team or just hang out."

Since Favre is still under contract to the Jets, Mangini can't have him put on a uniform and run the practice team, of course. But he didn't rule out Favre being a guest instructor for quarterbacks Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, who face an open competition in camp for Cleveland's starting quarterback job.

Mangini simply likes the idea of having the future Hall of Famer around for a few days.

"I don't think it would be anything formal," Mangini said. "It's not like we are hiring him to run the scout team. I don't think he would be interested in that. He would be more like a visitor. An open invite."

See, Favre-aholics. Just because No. 4 retired doesn't mean he can't dominate the NFL-offseason news cycle. Just wait until his first Browns practice when he makes fun of Derek Anderson's arm-strength or Monday-morning-quarterbacks Brady Quinn's haircut.

Something tells me this story has legs. Stay tuned.

These guys will never learn...:lol:

TampaSteelGirl
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
GOOD GOD!!! LET THE MAN RETIRE ALREADY!!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
These guys will never learn...:lol:[/QUOTE]

:hehheh: Right these cats are desperate, u can bring in Otto Graham an D.A an B.Q will still suck:hehheh:

Silverback 92
03-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Id like to see the guy on MNF or SNF in the booth

DahBurgh
03-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Id like to see him retire.

Steel Trap86
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Although he will probably have the urge, he isnt going to play again. He's done and proabably shouldnt have come back last season. I think he will eventually be on NFL Network staff with Mariucci & Deon Sanders or else on NFL Countdown sundays. There is defenatley a job waiting for him there.

Sir Blitzelot
03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Brett Favre = Most over-hyped quarterback in NFL history

IMO.

Dean Denton
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I would love to see him as a Brown....hahahah Like we dont beat them up as it is, wouldn't it be great to see him QB the Browns...god, i would love that....Two games where we get to smash that guy...yes....