PDA

View Full Version : Clowns prepare for Stallworths departure...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Associated Press - March 24, 2009 11:24 AM ET

CLEVELAND (AP) - Wide receiver David Patten has rejoined the Cleveland Browns, signing a free-agent deal with his former team.

Patten, who played for the Browns in 2000, spent the past two seasons with New Orleans.

The signing Monday of the 34-year-old Patten gives the Browns a veteran presence, and he could be insurance pending toxicology reports on wide receiver Donte Stallworth, who struck and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley in Miami Beach on March 14.

Patten has also played for the New York Giants, New England, and Washington. He won two Super Bowl titles with the Patriots. He has 324 catches for 4,715 yards and four touchdowns in 147 regular-season games in 12 NFL seasons.

~ Still haven't heard the official report yet but i think the writing is on the wall for Stallworth.

Dean Denton
03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I cant believe I wanted this guy. Sometimes ya just never know, do ya? Cab...Yellow, Orange Cab, Greytop Cab...there are lots of them you can call. I would never want to sign a player that cant dial 411 or look in a phone book. How the hell could he read a playbook? IDIOT>>>>

yinzer
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
the stains will be lucky to win 5 games this year.

TampaSteelGirl
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Ya know it just gets worse for this Browns team....it's kinda sad really.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know how he could take part in VOLUNTARY camps seeing what he was just involved in, dude drunk or not i don't think i could get over killing someone while driving my car this fast, this is just my opinion.

Captcoolhand
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
It's Official.....

ya they just broke in on News here in Cleveland and said that they have an arrest warrant and that he will be charged with DUI Man-slaughter.

He just F*cked his Career up! :yesnod:

Silverback 92
04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
the guy was.12 and legal is .08 .15 yrs. aint long for ending a life

Zachintosh66
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
nah nah nahhh nah nah nahhh hey hey hey goodbye

Callax
04-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Clowns will lose stallworth his BAT was WAYYYYYYYYYYY OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT
SO SORRY boohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- Added 4/1/2009 at 08:48 PM ---

It's Official.....

ya they just broke in on News here in Cleveland and said that they have an arrest warrant and that he will be charged with DUI Man-slaughter.

He just F*cked his Career up! :yesnod:

TECHNICALLY, DID HE ACTUALLY HAVE A CAREER?????
Oh well, It was only one life..
no great loss
just ask the victim's family at what price did the innocent victim die because this big shot have to drink and drive???
STUPID

STUPID

STUPID:evilshake::banging:

Prosdo
04-02-2009, 05:13 AM
It always kills me how these players who make a boat load of money can't call a cab to ride them home or hire someone to pick them up. It's just sad. I mean maybe you would have to wait a little longer, but hey I think the wait is worth making sure you don't kill someone.

0311grunt4ever
04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Doubt they'll miss him.

He wasn't very productive, nor did he have the chance to be due to injuries last year.

Not that I EVER want the Browns to have playmakers, but sometimes you have sympathy for a constant losing team like the Brownies.