PDA

View Full Version : Zzzzzzz..Steelers Free Agency...Zzzzzzz

Stairwayto7
03-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ How boring is our off season thus far? Not unexpected, yet still boring! I would have thought that would might have had more visits by now? Who knows, I do know that getting Harrison inked is first priority, but I`m ready for some kind of action! I mean we draft last, so we need some free agency help! At least thats my opinion.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:imho:

TEEMONT
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.cowart.info/blog/uploaded_images/lombardi_trophy-749084.jpg

that exciting enough for you? who did we sign worth a **** last year?

DIESELMAN
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM

That pretty much covers it T!!! :woot:
:6smile::6smile::6smile:

Sir Blitzelot
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Have faith in the Steelers, they know what they are doing.

STEEL CITY TANK
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM

That was hilarious :lol: I still get goose bumps when ppl mention the sixth lombardi....:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 11:43 PM
I'll take a boring off-season every time if leads to another Lombardi.....The Steelers are never major players in free agency.......They're going to wait until free agency calms down and they will add a Ryan Clark, M. Moore, and K. Fox FA like they always do....I don't see them adding no Jeff Hartings or James Farrior types.....

Steel Trap86
03-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Pick up Amani Toomer as the final wide, that will boost my excitement this off-season lol

DBR96A
03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
We probably have a draft strategy, and once we get through that, then we'll sign a free agent or two in June.

Troyisabeast_43
03-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Pick up Amani Toomer as the final wide, that will boost my excitement this off-season lol

I agree I would like bringing in a guy like Toomer very much. Out of all of the guys left in free agency with the exception of Sean McDonald from the Lions I like Toomer better then anybody still available if the Steelers are indeed going to bring in a veteran to be a 3rd or 4th wideout...

Stairwayto7
03-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Like I said, boring wasn`t unexpected! I knew it was coming! I just was hoping to have something going on!

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 04:42 AM ---

We won another ring! Still excited about that!

Free agency as a Steelers fan, is a boring time!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll take a boring off-season every time if leads to another Lombardi.....The Steelers are never major players in free agency.......They're going to wait until free agency calms down and they will add a Ryan Clark, M. Moore, and K. Fox FA like they always do....I don't see them adding no Jeff Hartings or James Farrior types.....

Yep it's the same way year in and year out, when FA starts all these teams scramble to make big splashes and sign all kinds of players and we just hang out till the draft and then pick up some second tier guys to fill in the gaps.

TampaSteelGirl
03-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Definately one time I agree with Teemont!!! :yellowthumb:

BFISHIN80
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree I would like bringing in a guy like Toomer very much. Out of all of the guys left in free agency with the exception of Sean McDonald from the Lions I like Toomer better then anybody still available if the Steelers are indeed going to bring in a veteran to be a 3rd or 4th wideout...

How about Reggie Williams.....I wouldnt mind having him.

TEEMONT
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Definately one time I agree with Teemont!!! :yellowthumb:

one time? **** ....you agree with me more often than not.

your avatar just goes to show how much stock u put into me...lol

TampaSteelGirl
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
one time? **** ....you agree with me more often than not.

your avatar just goes to show how much stock u put into me...lol

Well MAYBE a couple times....:hehheh:

My avatar??? I don't know what you talking about..... :grin1:

Stairwayto7
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Looks like I`m not the only one who thought the the free agency has been a bore so far!

Steelers Team Report
Updated: March 20, 2009, 12:00 AM EST
Inside Slant
Even for laid-back Pittsburgh, the Steelers' reluctance to sign other teams' free agents through the first three weeks is unusual.

They have signed eight free agents in one form or another, all of them their own. Only two free agents from other teams have paid them a visit, Tennessee cornerback and returner Chris Carr, who signed with Baltimore, and Tampa Bay wide receiver Joey Galloway, who signed with New England. The Steelers were trying to negotiate contracts with each when they signed elsewhere.
They have signed every one of their offensive linemen they were interested in. The latest is guard-tackle Trai Essex a versatile four-year veteran who could challenge Darnell Stapleton for his starting job at right guard. Essex has performed well whenever called to duty either at tackle or guard.

Their starting five from the Super Bowl remain intact after they franchised Max Starks, signed Willie Colon to a one-year RFA tender and re-signed guard Chris Kemoeatu to a five-year deal after he became a UFA.

They had no interest in re-signing longtime left tackle starter Marvel Smith, who visited San Francisco this week. Smith had back surgeries in each of the past two seasons. And they released former starting right guard Kendall Simmons, who has diabetes and tore an Achilles tendon last season.

That takes away any desperation they might have felt going into the draft for offensive linemen. They'd like to get a young guard or tackle or both, but with their five top linemen back, they won't need one to play right away.

They still have not signed a backup quarterback. Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch are both UFAs, and the Steelers want one or the other to back up Ben Roethlisberger in 2009 with second-year man Dennis Dixon again as No. 3.

Keyaron Fox, a backup linebacker and good special teams player, is the only one of their free agents left they'd like to sign other than one of the backup quarterbacks.

They still might pursue a veteran wide receiver to give them a little peace of mind entering the draft. At the moment, they have Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed, who was little used as a rookie. Torry Holt could be on their list to bring in for a look.

Troyisabeast_43
03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks like I`m not the only one who thought the the free agency has been a bore so far!

Steelers Team Report
Updated: March 20, 2009, 12:00 AM EST
Inside Slant
Even for laid-back Pittsburgh, the Steelers' reluctance to sign other teams' free agents through the first three weeks is unusual.

They have signed eight free agents in one form or another, all of them their own. Only two free agents from other teams have paid them a visit, Tennessee cornerback and returner Chris Carr, who signed with Baltimore, and Tampa Bay wide receiver Joey Galloway, who signed with New England. The Steelers were trying to negotiate contracts with each when they signed elsewhere.
They have signed every one of their offensive linemen they were interested in. The latest is guard-tackle Trai Essex a versatile four-year veteran who could challenge Darnell Stapleton for his starting job at right guard. Essex has performed well whenever called to duty either at tackle or guard.

Their starting five from the Super Bowl remain intact after they franchised Max Starks, signed Willie Colon to a one-year RFA tender and re-signed guard Chris Kemoeatu to a five-year deal after he became a UFA.

They had no interest in re-signing longtime left tackle starter Marvel Smith, who visited San Francisco this week. Smith had back surgeries in each of the past two seasons. And they released former starting right guard Kendall Simmons, who has diabetes and tore an Achilles tendon last season.

That takes away any desperation they might have felt going into the draft for offensive linemen. They'd like to get a young guard or tackle or both, but with their five top linemen back, they won't need one to play right away.

They still have not signed a backup quarterback. Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch are both UFAs, and the Steelers want one or the other to back up Ben Roethlisberger in 2009 with second-year man Dennis Dixon again as No. 3.

Keyaron Fox, a backup linebacker and good special teams player, is the only one of their free agents left they'd like to sign other than one of the backup quarterbacks.

They still might pursue a veteran wide receiver to give them a little peace of mind entering the draft. At the moment, they have Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed, who was little used as a rookie. Torry Holt could be on their list to bring in for a look.

I wonder what's taking them so long to sign Keyaron Fox I thought he would be signed by now especially after they signed Anthony Madison. Hopefully the Steelers are able to keep Fox and they dont lose him because I feel he is an important part of that special teams and needs to be brought back.

THEcatch1043
03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Unless there is someone they really really want/must have in FA then i doubt they sign any until after the draft. They are probably still fairly tight under the cap...and they'll need to sign at least a few of their draft picks and such.