PDA

View Full Version : Any News on "Comp" Picks?

DCBill
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
I thought the NFL was supposed to announce them today?

(I also tried posting this thread earlier, but it didn't seem to take.)

DIESELMAN
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
They usually come out by the end of March.....theres still a week left, give it a few more days and we'll see we get a 3rd rounder.

igor0190
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, they were supposed to be announced. I couldnt find anything though??? Guess we'll have to wait until tommorrow?

DCBill
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
D-Man--

Both Trib and PG said this afternoon, which is why I was asking.

darnik44
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
The Steelers got screwed. They only got a 5th rounder. The first comp. pick in round 5 which will give them back to back picks.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_617447.html

DIESELMAN
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
The Steelers got screwed. They only got a 5th rounder. The first comp. pick in round 5 which will give them back to back picks.

Yeah they did, just seen this on PFT. I'd really like to know the NFL's "secret formula"

The Titans get 4 comp picks? wow, didn't think they lost that many quality players last year

DIESELMAN
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
D-Man--

Both Trib and PG said this afternoon, which is why I was asking.
My fault bro....just thought around the end of the month, no specific date.

Callax
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM

SCREWED???
Steelers got royally *** RAPED!!!!!!!
a 5th round pick for losing Fanaca????????? and haggins

excuse me... 6 time pro bowler fanaca HELLO NFL

Zachintosh66
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
who is haggins :lol:

DCBill
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I am shocked, genuinely.

They lose and all-pro and sign Mewelde Moore and get a "fifth."

I thought for sure they would get two and at least one would be a "third." My "bad" for touting this lien of thinking on the board.

I was so confident that I started searching all of the four round mocks, to see who went, thinking that guy could be a "freebie" for the Steelers.

That ain't happenign and i am very unhappy, but not much I can do.

This development makes me think they go OL at #32, to insure that they are not trying to turn fourth rounders into starters.

rarthur1
03-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Now let me get this straight. The Jets pay Faneca over 8 million, he starts all their games, and gets selected to the Pro Bowl. In return the Steelers get a 5th. I live in the country and been around alot of farm animals. This sure smells like what comes out the back end.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope Roger Goodell ****ing dies....What a faggot piece of **** and I hope his dick gets stuck in Robert Krafts *** when he is ****ing him in the ***.....I'm sorry but this total **** the Steelers only get an extra 5th and the Pats get three extra picks including an
3rd.....Goodell is biased against the Steelers this just proves it.......Plus with the way he is going to ruin the NFL with these rule changes he is going to turn the NFL into a pansy league...Goodell go **** yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

igor0190
03-23-2009, 11:42 PM
WOW, anyone and everyone said that the worst the Steelers were going to get was a 4th rounder for Faneca. The only possible way this could have happened imo is if the formula includes team success and because the Steelers won the SB, there comp pick was downgraded?!?!??!!!

What the hell.

In comparison the Pats got a 3rd, 5th, and 6th for Asante Samuel, Randall Gay and Donte Stallworth without signing any free agents of significance...

3rd for Asante obviously. But your telling me that either Gay or Stallworth = Faneca? WTF?!??!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f699b6&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Worst case scenario, Faneca = 3rd round gets decreased to 4th because Moore > Haggans.