PDA

View Full Version : Titans coming to Pittsburgh for the opener September 10th...

Troyisabeast_43
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/22/owners/index.html?eref=T1

According to this SI article from Peter King who is usually dead on when it comes to hearing things first with rumors and speculation. So it looks as if many of us on this board will get what we wanted a matchup with the Tennessee Titans and a chance for payback with the terrible towel stomping incident thing in December to start the season. Also, looks as if the Steelers will get the first chance to smack around Nate Washington a little bit in his first game wearing a Tennessee Titans uniform, and prove him wrong when he said coming to Tennessee is like staying and coming to Pittsburgh because both teams are exactly the same. Cant wait for Nate to find that out the hard way when he gets tagged by Ryan Clark coming over the middle...

TampaSteelGirl
03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I"m ready to see our guys shove some dirt down White's freakin fat mouth for defacing out belove Terrible towel!!!! I wanna kill em!!! :tt02:

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I'll believe it when I see the schedule. I still say its the Raiders....

steelers4life66
03-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Nate Washington's going to find out how hard that Steelers D really hits.:yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09082/957709-66.stm

Quote:
Steelers to open 2009 season with Tennessee

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

There you go Dean....Its pretty much official its the Titans.....The Raiders to kick off the season would have been a joke but I wouldn't have mind it since the Steelers would kick the crap out of the Raiders.....I hate the Steelers opening up with the Titans....Jeff Fisher coached teams always give the Steelers fits....Except the season opener in 2005 when Willie Parker had his breaking out party......

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

There you go Dean....Its pretty much official its the Titans.....The Raiders to kick off the season would have been a joke but I wouldn't have mind it since the Steelers would kick the crap out of the Raiders.....I hate the Steelers opening up with the Titans....Jeff Fisher coached teams always give the Steelers fits....Except the season opener in 2005 when Willie Parker had his breaking out party...... I think the Steelers have won like 6 or 7 openers in a row. I still think it will be the Raiders....lol

Troyisabeast_43
03-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:

There you go Dean....Its pretty much official its the Titans.....The Raiders to kick off the season would have been a joke but I wouldn't have mind it since the Steelers would kick the crap out of the Raiders.....I hate the Steelers opening up with the Titans....Jeff Fisher coached teams always give the Steelers fits....Except the season opener in 2005 when Willie Parker had his breaking out party......

While I think the game with the Titans will be a very good game and very close I still dont see the Steelers losing the opener here at home on that night with all the emotion surrounding Heinz Field that night with the Super Bowl celebration. Plus, the Steelers will go into that game having a lot of incentive and payback in mind for the Titans from last season and the terrible towel incident and wanting to prove to them who really was the better team in 2008 since they didnt meet in the playoffs since the Titans choked. There is just no way the Steelers will let Kerry Collins and the Titans come in here and beat them on opening night it just isnt going to happen take it to the bank...

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
While I think the game with the Titans will be a very good game and very close I still dont see the Steelers losing the opener here at home on that night with all the emotion surrounding Heinz Field that night with the Super Bowl celebration. Plus, the Steelers will go into that game having a lot of incentive and payback in mind for the Titans from last season and the terrible towel incident and wanting to prove to them who really was the better team in 2008 since they didnt meet in the playoffs since the Titans choked. There is just no way the Steelers will let Kerry Collins and the Titans come in here and beat them on opening night it just isnt going to happen take it to the bank...
Dont try getting out of it... You owe me buddy. There was a clause in our contract. You picked an NFC team, and because it stayed in the AFC you owe me $300,000 SA Gold. You choked, and you owe me...Pay up buster....I want it all in ones.....

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Hell ya!! Titans have to watch the introduction of the 2009 season at Heinz Field with the Superbowl Champs and 70,000 terrible towels waving in there ugly *** faces and I will be there :cope: :postal:

TampaSteelGirl
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Damn!!!! A thursday night game!!! I hate that!!! :rant2:

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Damn!!!! A thursday night game!!! I hate that!!! :rant2:
I like it when its the first week. Then we get 10 days off...

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM

I rather see the Steelers play the Ravens, Vikings, or any other team on their schedule then the Titans in the opener.......I hate Jeff Fisher and the Titans........Fisher always has his teams ready to play the Steelers and really match up with us......I rather the Steelers play the Titans the last game of the year...lol

The Titans lost Haynesworth in free agency but Albert didn't play when the Titans kicked the Steelers *** in Tenn. last year......Their DL still gave the Steelers OL fits......Of course the Steelers can beat the Titans but this game is going to be a tough game that could go either way.....

The game is in Pittsburgh and the team will be hyped up being the defending the champs so that is a good thing.....Just as long the Steelers put Lendale White on IR then I'm good...lol I want to see that fat over-rated piece of crap go down for the count....lol

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Just as long the Steelers put Lendale White on IR then I'm good...lol I want to see that fat over-rated piece of crap go down for the count....lol

I want to see Lenwhale get taken out by Harrisson, no doubt. Keith Bullock getting blown up by Hines would be a pretty sight too lol but I like that its the home opener, its fitting.

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
We will spank these bitches, are you kidding me. Tomlin will be going into his third year and this team is going to have a whole new look. I bet they come out doing the, "We are the Titans dance," just to throw it in their funny looking faces....

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
How else would you like to start the 2009 season, kicking some Titan butt just to shove their noses in it is going to be awesome!

Too bad Nate, looks like you'll be starting off your new digs with a big L !!!

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
How else would you like to start the 2009 season, kicking some Titan butt just to shove their noses in it is going to be awesome!

Too bad Nate, looks like you'll be starting off your new digs with a big L !!!He better hope thats all he gets. I will bet my big screen he does not want to play in this game. Fear is running through him, i know it....

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Would you want to see Troy and Ryan coming across the middle to blast you 9 ways to Sunday when you try to catch the ball? :lol:

I'm sure Titans will try and pick his brain for what we like to do on offense to try and tip them off.

Silverback 92
03-23-2009, 06:10 PM
wow only about 180 days to go

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 06:27 PM
We all know somebody on the Titans is gonna get it. Maybe Hines blows up Bullock, or Harrisson powerbombs Lendale. Or hell, maybe both. NO MERCY on White, I dont care to see Nate get trashed as much as some of you might, he did go to Tennessee, but he also contributed to another Superbowl win as a Steeler, but hey...once he takes that field he knows better then anyone, Clark will be waiting up the middle lol

:postal:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Well if the new rules are passed by the NFL then Clark won't be blasting anybody this year....His hits on Welker and McGahee would be against the rules if these new rules are passed....Which is total crap......The NFL is becoming a pansy league no doubt....

steelers4life66
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
:yoyo:.....

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Well if the new rules are passed by the NFL then Clark won't be blasting anybody this year....His hits on Welker and McGahee would be against the rules if these new rules are passed....Which is total crap......The NFL is becoming a pansy league no doubt....

I could see the Clark hit on McGahee, head to head at full speed, being taken out. Even though McGahee did see Clark coming, if you watch here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D430XbHueY at 0:35 McGahee braces himself for it, and Clark defenatley leads with his shoulder, but they butt heads and McGahee gets the **** end of it.

That hit on Welker was perfect I didnt see anything wrong with that one. Even Welker himself said after the game that he didnt expect any kind of apology from Clark, it was a football hit and he expects it. Welker is tough guy though he can handle it.

DIESELMAN
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Great way to start the season, like everyone else said....its payback baby!!! Plus a shutout won't hurt either :greengrin:

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
This is confirmed too, I just saw it on NFL Network, kickoff weekend is infact Titans/Steelers Sept 10, Bears/Packers Sunday night and Bills/Patriots Monday night.

Troyisabeast_43
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I rather see the Steelers play the Ravens, Vikings, or any other team on their schedule then the Titans in the opener.......I hate Jeff Fisher and the Titans........Fisher always has his teams ready to play the Steelers and really match up with us......I rather the Steelers play the Titans the last game of the year...lol

The Titans lost Haynesworth in free agency but Albert didn't play when the Titans kicked the Steelers *** in Tenn. last year......Their DL still gave the Steelers OL fits......Of course the Steelers can beat the Titans but this game is going to be a tough game that could go either way.....

The game is in Pittsburgh and the team will be hyped up being the defending the champs so that is a good thing.....Just as long the Steelers put Lendale White on IR then I'm good...lol I want to see that fat over-rated piece of crap go down for the count....lol

It will be a hard fought close game no doubt but in the end the Steelers will prevail and start the year off 1-0. Like Mike Tomlin said on the podium when the Steelers were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy on Feb 1st 7 weeks ago Steelers football is 60 minutes, it's never going to be pretty, throw style points out the window. That's all they need to do 32 is find a way to win this game and start the season 1-0 and move on from there.

igor0190
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
When do they release the rest of the schedule?

Troyisabeast_43
03-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Too bad Nate, looks like you'll be starting off your new digs with a big L !!!

What is going to be going through Nate's head that night when the Super Bowl 43 celebration is going on in pregame, and the championship flag or banner is lowered down, and the team runs out of the tunnel and he is standing on the other sideline in his gay baby blue Titans uniform.

SteelCityMan786
03-23-2009, 11:02 PM
When do they release the rest of the schedule?

Early to mid april.

Sir Blitzelot
03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks like the Steelers will start off the 2009 season at 1-0. :lol: :tt02:

seth_westover
03-24-2009, 12:15 AM
God i would love to go to this game! i get money from school every year and this year me and my mom will be making the long trip from titan hell to the beautiful burgh! ive never been to pittsburgh before! i can't wait! ive been dying to see the boys play in the burgh! last year when we played the titans was the first time i had seen the boys play in person! it was a great experience but i bet its nothing like being completely surrounded by the beautiful black and gold colors and those terrible towels! i cant wait to see how much tickets are cuz i really wanna see the rematch! we will be looking to prove a point!

KSSteelerfan
03-24-2009, 01:10 AM
I can hardly wait to see the Steelers kick some Titan butt........payback is a you know what.:cope:

popstaala
03-24-2009, 08:36 AM
i just want to see one of them freaking blue butt towel they wave so i can wipe my *** with...

lloydfan4life
03-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Awesome! I was hoping we'd get the titans! We've got a little unfinished business to tend to! :cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
03-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Awesome! I was hoping we'd get the titans! We've got a little unfinished business to tend to! :cope:

Yes we do:yesnod: an Nate Washington say hello to Ryan Clark:lol:

heknowsyouknow
03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Nates in for a hard night ...can see him geting his *** spanked !:tt02:

Scorp
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
The titans defeated the Steelers, then did the unthinkable. Stomp repeatedly on our TERRIBLE TOWEL. Metallica's "Unforgiven", AC/DC'S "Hells Bells", :stirpot: The Eagles "Heartache Tonight" will be playing for those bitches and for all my fellow Steelers Fans i'll be playing AC/DC'S "For Those About To Rock" and "Have A Drink On Me" :beer2:

Hey Pittsburgh Steelers.....Catch Em And Kill Em! :postal:
Payback is a f--in bitch.
Revenge is going to be SWEET for SteelersAddicts and Steeler Nation!!! :cope:

DIESELMAN
03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Throw in some "Four Horsemen" and "Kill Em All" and it will be a righteous night at Heinz Field!!!:cope:

Scorp
03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Throw in some "Four Horsemen" and "Kill Em All" and it will be a righteous night at Heinz Field!!!:cope:

You got it buddy. Hey bartender, a double right here. :beer2:

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 03:52 PM ---

I can hardly wait to see the Steelers kick some Titan butt........payback is a you know what.:cope:

"BITCH". Say it man, "BITCH". It's a "BITCH". Say it with me KS. "PAYBACK IS A BITCH". All in together now. "PAYBACK IS A BITCH." Don't be afraid to use your "BALLS," my friend. Do you drink? :grin1:
Bartender!!!!!!! :cope:

Dean Denton
03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
You got it buddy. Hey bartender, a double right here. :beer2:

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 03:52 PM ---

"BITCH". Say it man, "BITCH". It's a "BITCH". Say it with me KS. "PAYBACK IS A BITCH". All in together now. "PAYBACK IS A BITCH." Don't be afraid to use your "BALLS," my friend. Do you drink? :grin1:
Bartender!!!!!!! :cope:Your crazier then I am. I thought I had the good meds...I love you man...this rounds on me as long as you play a little Dead Can Dance for the boys.....I'm going to start calling you Stroker Ace!!!!!

Scorp
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Dean Denton;287813]Your crazier then I am. I thought I had the good meds...I love you man...this rounds on me as long as you play a little Dead Can Dance for the boys.....I'm going to start calling you Stroker Ace!!!!![/QUOTE

This is your SteelerAddict dj BLKNGLDSCORPIO aka Stroker Ace, thanks for tuning in. We have a request from Dean Denton out in Polamalu Island, Seattle. Dean wants to hear Dead Can Dance For The Boys. You know what Dean? "What?" Just because we're buddies who may never meet I'm going to play the entire cd just for you. Enjoy, my friend. :cope: and keep drinking.:grin1: I mean listening. :banana: