PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers: the San Antonio Spurs of the NFL

DBR96A
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Has any team won multiple championships in a short period of time more quietly than the Steelers have? About the only other forgotten multiple-championship winners I can think of are the San Antonio Spurs.

Scorp
03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I hope you're saying it as a good thing. I'm a huge spurs fan and as long as the titles, championships, trophies, and rings keep coming we'll never be forgotten. Steelers will repeat. Mark my words. The Spurs will get title #5.

DBR96A
03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
How could it not be a good thing? They've both won championships. All I'm saying is, people seem to have already forgotten that they have. The parallels are very strong. The purists love the way each team plays, but the casual and star-struck fans think both teams are "boring" to watch. Part of why those fans are bored is because neither team has an "ego" personality to generate headlines or keep the idolators entertained. It doesn't help that neither Pittsburgh nor San Antonio are particularly large media markets either. At least once after each team won a championship, people in the media openly complained about how "difficult" it was to watch the game/series, and every time each team won a championship, the media seemed to begin focusing on next season abnormally early, dimming each team's championship afterglow in the process, and anointing teams other than those that just won the championship as "the teams to beat." (Think Patriots, Colts and Giants in the NFL, and Lakers, Celtics and Cavaliers in the NBA.)

Koopa
03-24-2009, 02:11 AM
that's what happens when you play in a small market........ and when you win with defense, the media don't like defenses, they like high powered offenses......... that's why my spurs don't get that much attention, and that's why our steelers don't get much attention........... but **** the media and the attention............

BlitzburghRockCity
03-24-2009, 01:49 PM
We're not the post children of the NFL like the Pats & Colts are so to them it's like, ok the Steelers won another super bowl so we'll talk about it for awhile and then just forget about it. We're not the pretty, high powered, score every 5 minutes team that the NFL wants...we're the smash you in the face and beat you to death team that only the hard core fans can appreciate.

Scorp
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
How could it not be a good thing? They've both won championships. All I'm saying is, people seem to have already forgotten that they have. The parallels are very strong. The purists love the way each team plays, but the casual and star-struck fans think both teams are "boring" to watch. Part of why those fans are bored is because neither team has an "ego" personality to generate headlines or keep the idolators entertained. It doesn't help that neither Pittsburgh nor San Antonio are particularly large media markets either. At least once after each team won a championship, people in the media openly complained about how "difficult" it was to watch the game/series, and every time each team won a championship, the media seemed to begin focusing on next season abnormally early, dimming each team's championship afterglow in the process, and anointing teams other than those that just won the championship as "the teams to beat." (Think Patriots, Colts and Giants in the NFL, and Lakers, Celtics and Cavaliers in the NBA.)

That is what separates us (Steelers and Spurs) from the rest. We don't need all the BS that other teams have. The teams who play as one, for eachother, for their fans are the one's who will always win. Sometimes we look at another team and say, they deserve it more, but at the end it's the team who plays as a band of brothers, the team that shows who wants it more are the teams that get to celebrate their endurance, hard work, and tireless efforts. Not to mention perseverence. Let the jealous bastards keep hating and complaining while our teams keep cementing their legacies. I agree with you all. And it's nice to know that their are other Spurs fans. Got nuttin' but love. :cope: :plus1:

heknowsyouknow
03-24-2009, 05:06 PM
i know not the same ..but manchester utd win just about everything most years over this side of the pond ...was told after the win in jan ..oh your steelers are the man utd of the NFL now ..LOL

:helmet:

Dean Denton
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I view the Steelers like Ali. The guy never scored fast KO's, he beat you dont and out over the course of a fight. He beat you with his mind, and his will. The Colts and the Pats are like Tyson. Kill you quick. Now I ask you.....Who would you rather have? I for one take the Ali style. There is flash in there, you just have to know what your watching. And to tell you the truth...Who cares what the media thinks? They cant take away what the Steelers have done, and continue to do. We all know who the better team is, and what the better franchise is. Trust me when I say the star is still shining bright in the sky, and on opening day it will blind all those bitches who doubt them.....

Scorp
03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I view the Steelers like Ali. The guy never scored fast KO's, he beat you dont and out over the course of a fight. He beat you with his mind, and his will. The Colts and the Pats are like Tyson. Kill you quick. Now I ask you.....Who would you rather have? I for one take the Ali style. There is flash in there, you just have to know what your watching. And to tell you the truth...Who cares what the media thinks? They cant take away what the Steelers have done, and continue to do. We all know who the better team is, and what the better franchise is. Trust me when I say the star is still shining bright in the sky, and on opening day it will blind all those bitches who doubt them.....

Damn, I love it. Gotta give you a hug! :grin1: My answer is Ali. For the same reason(s). We don't have too many one-sided games. We play with our opponents, tease our opponents, then mind f-ck them. I hate to say this, but unless the opposing team beats us on that given sunday, monday, or thursday, or saturday. Yeah, but anyways, we all know what's happening. Bet you didn't see this coming. :postal: f--ck the media.

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
The Steelers are the Boston Celtics of the NFL. Most Rings baby!!!!!!!!!!

greennick
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Whilst I agree with the jist of your post, come on, Ali scored some pretty good quick KO's...

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/19/MPW-9603

Rodger Goodell
03-30-2009, 12:19 PM
the patriots....we only have 2 superbowls in the modern nfl....4 from the 70s....so yeah we have 6 but the patriots are still on top and will probably win again this year

Scorp
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
the patriots....we only have 2 superbowls in the modern nfl....4 from the 70s....so yeah we have 6 but the patriots are still on top and will probably win again this year

No chance in hell goodell. This is for the pats. :pissonpats:

DBR96A
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Whilst I agree with the jist of your post, come on, Ali scored some pretty good quick KO's...

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/19/MPW-9603

Well the Steelers have blown out some quality opponents too. Witness the Broncos in the 2005 AFC Championship Game. Good team; they finished 13-3, but we went in there and blew them the hell out! :banana:

Rodger Goodell
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
just funny steelers are far from it...

any1 see espn...dallas vs Notre dame...greatest football team ever?