PDA

View Full Version : The Hines Ward rule...

DIESELMAN
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
If the NFL owners pass it at their meeting next week, a new rule might well be called the Hines Ward Rule.

A rule to eliminate a blind-side block to the head of a defender will be proposed at the league meetings which begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif. It was just such a block that Ward threw in October that broke the jaw of rookie linebacker Keith Rivers in Cincinnati.

"It's one of several plays we looked at, that's correct," said Ray Anderson, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations. "Under this year's rules, that was a legal hit, but we're trying to advance our player safety."

TampaSteelGirl
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
I have to be honest some of those hits are quite vicious!!! They could really hurt someone. I know Hines didn't mean to break his jaw but the hit was pretty bad....

HUNT4SEVEN
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Hines didn't break his jaw the ground did, these rules are getting ridiculous, u learn in pee wee football to keep ur head on an swivel, this rule if passed is stupid , Hines hit keith in the shoulder not head the No Fun league sucks.

steelers4life66
03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
How are you going to officiate that. Thats going to come down to a officials opinion. Don't like it. I think you need to leave it the way it is. Footballs a tuff sport. If ya want to bitch about getting hit than stay home.

igor0190
03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
This makes me sick... What do you have to establish eye contact with a guy before you hit him? If the player is in the play and a threat to make the tackle he is legal. If he gets lit up like Rivers then the only person you can blame is Rivers himself for not being aware.

Callax
03-22-2009, 03:41 PM
The No Fun League Strikes again!!!
Hines Ward Hits the snot out of a rookie who does NOT keep his head on a swivel, HITS HIM ON THE SHOULDER and now the league cries BOO HOO Blocking WR's are too tough so now we have to protect players
waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
HINES WARD Rule in effect!!!!
I understand the league wants to protect players, but LET THEM PLAY!!
I swear the NFL wants to put a skirt on every flippin player!!!
Don't hit em too hard!!!

Hines didn't hit rivers in the head... he hit him square in the shoulder and the ground broke his jaw.. Hines was not penalized for the hit, but the NFL sure fined him for the LEGAL hit...
No Fun League !

Prosdo
03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Leave the rule as is. Stop trying to change the game.

Silverback 92
03-22-2009, 05:14 PM
time to start handing out dresses to these guys.

STEEL CITY TANK
03-22-2009, 06:51 PM
time to start handing out dresses to these guys.

:plus1:

I am so sick of these dumb rules trying to pussify the game....it's a contact sport not a texas hold em game.....

igor0190
03-22-2009, 07:09 PM
"blind-side block to the head of a defender"

Ward did not hit Rivers in the head which makes his hit legal next year as well. It will be interesting to see exactly how the "new rule" is written.

steelcityrockers
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
He hit him in the head. He led with his shoulder, but he hit him in the head. I mean, he broke his jaw.

BlitzburghNation
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01-1.gifhttp://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/bullshit.gif

Scorp
03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
WTF is going on here. The more the nfl wants to protect the players the less fun, interesting, and exciting this game is going to be. ****, they might as well start playing flag football. This is ridiculous. This is an outrage. Let the boys be boys. They get paid a **** load of money and should be man enough to take a couple great hits every weekend. If they're going to be sissies about it i would take their place in an instant. And you can all bet your sweet asses i would be wearing a Steelers helmet! :cope:

Moondog
03-22-2009, 08:51 PM
How are you going to officiate that. Thats going to come down to a officials opinion. Don't like it. I think you need to leave it the way it is. Footballs a tuff sport. If ya want to bitch about getting hit than stay home.

This is exactly what I was thinking, believe me, there will be some questionable calls made because of this rule and it will bite the Steelers in crucial situations, mark my words. :rant2: Oh well, the Steelers will just have to keep on dominating like they did after the "Mel Blount" rule was established in the 70's. In a way, its kind of a honor to have the Steelers physicality change the rules on both sides of the ball. There are not too many teams that have that distinction.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-22-2009, 09:36 PM
He hit him in the head. He led with his shoulder, but he hit him in the head. I mean, he broke his jaw.

BS he hit him in shoulder !! I wish I knew how to post video of it, he hits him in shoulder ,definitely blindsided him but that his fault not Hines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC0zTurm9yU

steelcityrockers
03-22-2009, 11:21 PM
No, actually Ward hit Rivers with the crown of his helmet right under his chin.

steelersforever1983
03-23-2009, 01:47 AM
it's a pansy game now go back in time before the mid 80's there where hardly any personal fouls etc. again i don't think it will pass becuase it's a judgement call and that will be a bunch of crap and will slow down the game. what they want this game to turn out like arena football and canadian football? people will turn away if there aren't big hits.

Scorp
03-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Let Steelers football reign supreme.

K Train
03-23-2009, 05:22 AM
wow get over it, it wasnt a clean hit at all....it was "legal" but hardly clean. you all would be bitching HARDCORE if wards jaw got broke cause of a hit on him like that, not only would you approve this rule, you would demand the player who did it be fined, suspended and possibly executed. a blind hit like that to the head is just as dangerous as being a defensless reciever in the air, or a horsecollar....i honestly cant believe some of the posts in this thread, i hate how steeler fans are the most spoiled fans ever and completely one sided. you shouldnt be able to do what ward did to rivers and i say that being the person that loves pain and misery and hates the bengals....i love seeing injuries, ive said before my favorite moment last year was all the players gathered around mcgayhee praying that he was ok....i laughed when brady got hurt, but i cant believe your surprised this rule was put in place

Steel Trap86
03-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Rivers is a LB, and a rookie LB. He is looking to damage Ward all day, thats his ****in job, just like it was Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott's and Ed Reeds job. He got clobbered on that hit and it looked like he hit him in the shoulder, maybe his helmet clipped his jaw, maybe it didnt, but I doubt Ward intentionally broke the mans jaw. I love it when Hines lays out LB's that are trying to kill him all day, especially the ones that talk **** before the game about "ward hunting" and putting up bounties on him, and he'll never touch the ball and then he goes in there and knocks there *** out.

DBR96A
03-23-2009, 08:09 AM
wow get over it, it wasnt a clean hit at all....it was "legal" but hardly clean. you all would be bitching HARDCORE if wards jaw got broke cause of a hit on him like that, not only would you approve this rule, you would demand the player who did it be fined, suspended and possibly executed. a blind hit like that to the head is just as dangerous as being a defensless reciever in the air, or a horsecollar....i honestly cant believe some of the posts in this thread, i hate how steeler fans are the most spoiled fans ever and completely one sided. you shouldnt be able to do what ward did to rivers and i say that being the person that loves pain and misery and hates the bengals....i love seeing injuries, ive said before my favorite moment last year was all the players gathered around mcgayhee praying that he was ok....i laughed when brady got hurt, but i cant believe your surprised this rule was put in place

Our players are smart enough to keep their heads on swivels. You rarely see one of our guys get laid out.

yinzer
03-23-2009, 09:59 AM
these stupid rules reflect the type of character goodell has. he's a chump so the rules become that way. sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

DahBurgh
03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
The guy whose jaw was broke by Ward was a rookie, he learned a rookie lesson quick, keep your head on a swivel, even on defense(which is surprising he didnt know already). Professional football players are paid ridiculous ammounts of money. They get that money mainly because football is a huge entertainment business and if they cant suck it up for a few million than quit, theres a million other guys out there willing to fight for your spot. Jack Lambert said take the skirt off the quarterback. I am saying take the skirts off of all of them. Think about whats happening right now...Deffesmen are worried about getting hurt on blocks.....they get paid to not get blocked.....there are people (offense) who get paid to block them. A blind sided hit is a hit when the person is not looking. So if you do not wanna get hit or get a pennalty for getting hit, just dont look at the guy? Are you kidding me? This is football, you can get hurt in football, you get paid millions of dollars whatever happened to toughness? In other words stop it...Hines Ward is a beast.

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I do not have one issue with this rule being put in. The safety of the players comes first, and there should be NO shots to the head. Lower your shoulder and hit them in the chest. There should be no shots on the head with any part of your body. You will get the same effect or impact by drilling them in the chest. Do we really need to see guys KO'd from head shots? This in no way hurts the league. If anything, it helps keep players on the field and keeps the quality of the game at a higher level. I really hate watching back ups in there because of injury. And I agree with KTrain we would be really pissed if we lost a player to a shot to the head, and we would all be saying it was a dirty hit and the league needs to look at the rule. Dont give me this, "we keep our heads on a swivel crap," because big hits happen, and its just a matter of time before its someone we would miss.

Scorp
03-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Didn't Tomlin say this is Steelers football? It's never going to be pretty.

igor0190
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Specifically in several of our cases... Both Ryan Clark hits and the Heinz Ward hit were obviously legal and will continue to be legal. Ward and Clark led with their shoulders in each of their hits. The NFL cannot put a rule to stop such hits, it is part of the game. Hits to the head, YES... Hits and blocks that affect the play, that are not lead with the helmet ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE LEGAL IN FOOTBALL.

Dean Denton
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Specifically in several of our cases... Both Ryan Clark hits and the Heinz Ward hit were obviously legal and will continue to be legal. Ward and Clark led with their shoulders in each of their hits. The NFL cannot put a rule to stop such hits, it is part of the game. Hits to the head, YES... Hits and blocks that affect the play, that are not lead with the helmet ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE LEGAL IN FOOTBALL. I agree with that. But those hits should not be to the head. If you cant tap a QB in the head with your pinky finger when you fly by him, then in no way should you be able to drill someone with your shoulder to their head to knock them out. The league will look like a bunch of hypocrites. No shots to the head, at all. Feel free to drill someone in the chest with your head though. Lets see how you feel after that....lol

dawgs
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Hines didn't break his jaw the ground did, these rules are getting ridiculous, u learn in pee wee football to keep ur head on an swivel, this rule if passed is stupid , Hines hit keith in the shoulder not head the No Fun league sucks.

no, hines helmet broke his jaw.

its a good fair rule. I love hard nose play, But you gotta be safe out there. Ward likes to wait until a defender starts to slow down because he can't catch the offense player, then crack him up high to get on sportscenter. Thats not needed.

I would really like to see this inforced more so on special teams. How many times do we see a guy 10 yards behind the play, Just get nailed for no reason.

--- Added 3/23/2009 at 07:47 PM ---

these stupid rules reflect the type of character goodell has. he's a chump so the rules become that way. sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

NFL stars make him money, so anything to keep his stars healthy is good for him.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Pansy league the NFL is becoming and with all these rule change its going to force me to stop watching the NFL all together.....Its ****ing NFL football and not ball room ****ing dancing....Personally I wouldn't bitch if a Steelers player is hurt since I know its football....lol The only thing I ask is for the rules to be enforced fairly on both sides if you're going to have these pussy rules to water down the game......I'll never forget when Ben took helmet to helmet contact that resulted in him having a concussion and being knocked of the game against the Falcons back in 2006...There was no flag and no fine for the Falcons player....The Steelers sneeze on a QB and they're flagged.....Aaron Smith was flagged for grabbing Drew Brees' leg back in 2006 against the Saints...lol

Pussy league to protect the players is total crap....This is just more attempts for Goodell and the other teams to hold the Steelers dominance back.....**** the NFL and Roger Goodell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBR96A
03-23-2009, 11:50 PM
No, Keith Rivers kicked himself in the jaw in mid-air. :lol:

igor0190
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
no, hines helmet broke his jaw. .

NO IT DIDN'T

its a good fair rule. I love hard nose play, But you gotta be safe out there. Ward likes to wait until a defender starts to slow down because he can't catch the offense player, then crack him up high to get on sportscenter. Thats not needed.

RIVERS WAS NOT slowing down until Ward decleated him.

I would really like to see this inforced more so on special teams. How many times do we see a guy 10 yards behind the play, Just get nailed for no reason.

Are you kidding me? Boohoo we can't let players get hit for no reason. You're talking about changing rules that are fundamental to the game of football.

Maybe they should put padding on the outside of their helmets so that the players do not use them as weapons... seriously.

DBR96A
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I'll never forget when Ben took helmet to helmet contact that resulted in him having a concussion and being knocked of the game against the Falcons back in 2006...There was no flag and no fine for the Falcons player....The Steelers sneeze on a QB and they're flagged.....Aaron Smith was flagged for grabbing Drew Brees' leg back in 2006 against the Saints...lol

And just this past post-season, Troy Polamalu inadvertently lowered his hand onto Philip Rivers' helmet after trying to deflect a pass, and got flagged for "roughing" the passer. The following week, Ben Roethlisberger gets speared in the back by Haruki Nakamura, and there is no flag. At least we can tell which QBs the league prefers. :evilshake:

dawgs
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Pansy league the NFL is becoming and with all these rule change its going to force me to stop watching the NFL all together.....Its ****ing NFL football and not ball room ****ing dancing....Personally I wouldn't bitch if a Steelers player is hurt since I know its football....lol The only thing I ask is for the rules to be enforced fairly on both sides if you're going to have these pussy rules to water down the game......I'll never forget when Ben took helmet to helmet contact that resulted in him having a concussion and being knocked of the game against the Falcons back in 2006...There was no flag and no fine for the Falcons player....The Steelers sneeze on a QB and they're flagged.....Aaron Smith was flagged for grabbing Drew Brees' leg back in 2006 against the Saints...lol

Pussy league to protect the players is total crap....This is just more attempts for Goodell and the other teams to hold the Steelers dominance back.....**** the NFL and Roger Goodell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats nice.

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 07:52 AM ---

NO IT DIDN'T

Maybe they should put padding on the outside of their helmets so that the players do not use them as weapons... seriously.

If Hine's ward was on any other team, Then you would agree 100% with this rule. case closed....

TampaSteelGirl
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
If Hine's ward was on any other team, Then you would agree 100% with this rule. case closed....

Ohhh that's crap dawgs!!! Don't forget we are not the bawl baby team in the NFL remember??? :yellowthumb:

steelcityrockers
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Eh, he is right on all accounts actually. The crown of Ward's helmet hit Rivers in the chin area. Watch the video, it's pretty obvious.

K Train's post in this thread basically sums up my feelings on this matter.

TEEMONT
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM

looks shoulder to shoulder to me

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 10:47 AM ---

the head to head contact was incidental. if you cant see that, your just being disagreeable. Hines led with his shoulder the whole way.

Being spoiled as fans has nothing to do with not wanting to see this rule be put in. Making horsecollars illegal was retarded, making these hits illegal is also retarded. Now defensive players only have to worry about the ball-carrier, b/c guys like Ward aren't going to be allowed to **** them up when they aren't paying attention.

It's ****ing football for shits sake, not flag football, not two-hand touch. What's next, they going to stop OLB's and DE's from hitting QB's on their blind-side? This rule is just silly.

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 10:51 AM ---

no, hines helmet broke his jaw.

Watch the vid, Rivers still could have made a play...he just got too zoned in. If a Browns player lit a Steelers player up like that, you'd be jacking your tiny dick to it.

--- Added 3/23/2009 at 07:47 PM ---

NFL stars make him money, so anything to keep his stars healthy is good for him.

The NFL makes him money...not the stars. People will flcok to the NFL whether or not the stars are playing...

Steel Trap86
03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Eh, he is right on all accounts actually. The crown of Ward's helmet hit Rivers in the chin area. Watch the video, it's pretty obvious.

K Train's post in this thread basically sums up my feelings on this matter.

how is it obvious? there's no way to determin that wards hemlet hit him in the chin from the vid. and if it did, i doubt he intentionally broke the mans jaw.

--- Added 3/24/2009 at 12:17 PM ---

It's ****ing football for shits sake, not flag football, not two-hand touch. What's next, they going to stop OLB's and DE's from hitting QB's on their blind-side? This rule is just silly.

Exactly, football is a violent sport, always has been. Rivers is a rookie and he made a rookie mistake by not staying alert. Ward sent a text to Chad Johnson after the game and said sorry for laying rivers out, and CJ said dont worry about it we'll see you next time, what more does the NFL want?!? Rivers or any other LB would take Hine's head off the first chance they got, who gives a **** if he knocks there *** out first. I like it. NFL started to show just how soft they got last season when they started taking money from the Steelers after big blows like that, the worst one was Woodley's sack on the Redskins QB (cant even remember the guys name) all he did was throw the guy to the ground and he hit his head off the field, so they fined Woodley 10 grand!! lol :willybs:

:postal:

igor0190
03-24-2009, 03:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f69625

Dean Denton
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Do any of you remember when the league put in the Mel Blount rule? "No more killing WR!" Pretty much the reason for the 5 yard no bump rule. This should be another time of celebration. The Steelers are being honored yet again with strong play and a desire to be the best. I am so proud of our boys....and you al should be too.....IMO

igor0190
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4012307

Is it really true that the owners actually pass these rule changes??? Does anyone else see a problem with Al Davis and a handful of rich owners who do not understand football to be making these rules?

Scorp
03-24-2009, 05:07 PM

Black@GoldForever32--That was beautiful. Well said. I couldn't agree with you more. Hey bartender :shots: get this guy a double.

DIESELMAN
03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Beginning this season, the Steelers will send out a PR report to the opposing teams we will be playing every week. In this report there will only be one page, it will clearly state that Hines Ward plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, his position is WR and he plays 110% on all plays that he is on the field. It will also caution and state a warning to all opposing players that when you do play the Pittsburgh Steelers, you will need to play with your head on a swivel (see Hines Ward WR Pittsburgh Steelers), as you should in all NFL contact games. Furthermore, when you do play the Pittsburgh Steelers, it doesn't matter how you play, what you bring, by the end of the game you will know you have been in a real football game with a real football team.

DBR96A
03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Looks like we'll just have to practice to compensate for the 10+ penalties we're hit with per game for playing real football.

K Train
03-25-2009, 12:39 AM

the head to head contact was incidental. if you cant see that, your just being disagreeable. Hines led with his shoulder the whole way.

Being spoiled as fans has nothing to do with not wanting to see this rule be put in. Making horsecollars illegal was retarded, making these hits illegal is also retarded. Now defensive players only have to worry about the ball-carrier, b/c guys like Ward aren't going to be allowed to **** them up when they aren't paying attention.

Watch the vid, Rivers still could have made a play...he just got too zoned in. If a Browns player lit a Steelers player up like that, you'd be jacking your tiny dick to it.

The NFL makes him money...not the stars. People will flcok to the NFL whether or not the stars are playing...

making horsecollars illegal was dumb? horsecollars can really **** your day up, its like being clotheslined or facemasked....you dont stand a chance

TEEMONT
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
making horsecollars illegal was dumb? horsecollars can really **** your day up, its like being clotheslined or facemasked....you dont stand a chance

plenty of people have been horsecollared w/o being injured

TampaSteelGirl
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Looks like we'll just have to practice to compensate for the 10+ penalties we're hit with per game for playing real football.

:hilarious: I agree and give Hines a pay raise to make up for the fines too!!! :yellowthumb: I'ts not like they are gonna fire him for bad behavior!! :grin1:

Scorp
03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
:hilarious: I agree and give Hines a pay raise to make up for the fines too!!! :yellowthumb: I'ts not like they are gonna fire him for bad behavior!! :grin1:

I totally agree TSG. Hines is one of a kind. The NFL needs him.

dawgs
03-25-2009, 06:59 PM

This crap is not needed.

No question I would be laughing my face off like I was when winslow threw porter into the sidelines. But don't mean its any better. I'm man enough to admit when my team makes a dirty play.

He needs to keep his stars healthy to make more money. Are you going to watch a monday night game with the colts no manning and the pats no brady? that would be stupid.

MOTORKRAFT
03-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Hines Ward is a cheap shot artist. He looks for opportunities to decleat an unexpecting player any chance he gets. That's a fact. It's called unnecessary roughness. It should be a 15yd. penality. I know I will get bashed for this comment, so just do it. (It's the internet and nothing is personal, no big deal). If he played for the Bengals, Browns, or Ravens he would be the most hated man in Pittsburgh. I don't have a link or anything, but I saw him going out of bounds and delivering a stiff arm that was pretty much a punch to the side of the helmet for no reason other than to throw a cheap shot. After seeing that he will never be in the same class as Swann or Stallworth. no matter how many Steeler records he gets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o. < prime example right there.

DIESELMAN
03-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Hines Ward is a cheap shot artist. He looks for opportunities to decleat an unexpecting player any chance he gets. That's a fact. It's called unnecessary roughness. It should be a 15yd. penality. I know I will get bashed for this comment, so just do it. (It's the internet and nothing is personal, no big deal). If he played for the Bengals, Browns, or Ravens he would be the most hated man in Pittsburgh. I don't have a link or anything, but I saw him going out of bounds and delivering a stiff arm that was pretty much a punch to the side of the helmet for no reason other than to throw a cheap shot. After seeing that he will never be in the same class as Swann or Stallworth. no matter how many Steeler records he gets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o. < prime example right there.
Bad example if your going to say Ward "looks for opportunities to decleat an unexpecting player any chance he gets" Reed was coming down the field on that play, ball was still alive and moving to that side of the field. Moving at regular speed it looks like it was helmet to helmet but if you slow it down it was more helmet to upper pads right below Reeds chin. No blood, No foul. When will this ever end about Ward, I'll admit some of his hits are borderline helmet to helmet but they're not cheap in my opinion. He plays until the whistle blows, everyone knows Ward is on the field, who he plays for and he plays full out for 60 minutes. Every opposing player had better write a big "86" on their hands, feet, arms, somewhere so they can remember what ****ing number Ward wears, so when they see that number on the field, a little voice inside their head just might say "Holy ****, I'm playing in the NFL, this is a violent, contact sport and this guy wearing 86 knows how to play. I might want to get my head out of my *** and start playing ****ing football!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o

freddy69
03-26-2009, 06:56 AM
hines will keep playing the way he does screw the rules

dawgs
03-26-2009, 10:16 AM
If he played for the Bengals, Browns, or Ravens he would be the most hated man in Pittsburgh.

No question about that.

TEEMONT
03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
This crap is not needed.

No question I would be laughing my face off like I was when winslow threw porter into the sidelines. But don't mean its any better. I'm man enough to admit when my team makes a dirty play.

He needs to keep his stars healthy to make more money. Are you going to watch a monday night game with the colts no manning and the pats no brady? that would be stupid.

lol...man enough, are we equating manhood to being able to say a player on my team takes cheap shots? Man, you must really have a sorry life.

There isnt a player in the league who doesn't take cheap shots. The thing that pisses me off with this rule is it takes away another great aspect of football.

You remember a few years ago when Ray Lewis destroyed a Bronco on a field goal return by Ed Reed? I hate Ray Lewis....hate him, I loved the block. The man plays the game it was menat to be played, which is why Steeler fans hate him.

Would I watch a monday night game without Brady or Manning? Why the **** wouldn't I? I'd watch a Monday night game between the Troy Trojans, and the SMU Mustangs. Not all of us need to have $100 million players in thegame to enjoy it, unlike you, I'm not a star-****er.

I am a Steelers fan, and a football fan, I have no allegiance to players anymore, since they don't have the decency to have allegiances with their city's or fans.

I say, for the amount of money I have to spend to go to a "game" (I use the term loosely b/c in the next decade or so this sport will be drastically changed), and the amount of money they make, let them kill each other. If they don't like the risks, then let them sit behind a ****ing desk. I'd take my chances to make the millions.

TampaSteelGirl
03-26-2009, 11:53 AM
lol...man enough, are we equating manhood to being able to say a player on my team takes cheap shots? Man, you must really have a sorry life.

There isnt a player in the league who doesn't take cheap shots. The thing that pisses me off with this rule is it takes away another great aspect of football.

You remember a few years ago when Ray Lewis destroyed a Bronco on a field goal return by Ed Reed? I hate Ray Lewis....hate him, I loved the block. The man plays the game it was menat to be played, which is why Steeler fans hate him.

Would I watch a monday night game without Brady or Manning? Why the **** wouldn't I? I'd watch a Monday night game between the Troy Trojans, and the SMU Mustangs. Not all of us need to have $100 million players in thegame to enjoy it, unlike you, I'm not a star-****er.

I am a Steelers fan, and a football fan, I have no allegiance to players anymore, since they don't have the decency to have allegiances with their city's or fans.

I say, for the amount of money I have to spend to go to a "game" (I use the term loosely b/c in the next decade or so this sport will be drastically changed), and the amount of money they make, let them kill each other. If they don't like the risks, then let them sit behind a ****ing desk. I'd take my chances to make the millions.

Wow what do you know another thread where I agree with Teemont again....go figure..
I have to say that Hines is NOT the only player who blocks the way he does, unfortunately he's being used as an example why these stupid rules are being made. While I have to say that head to head blows should not be allowed for every players safety its getting to the point where you can't touch anyone without getting a penalty. Every single game Ben gets mashed and only one time this year during Superbowl did they call roughing the passer and that call was bogus actually....be fair NFL if you are going to make rules you better teach your officials to enforce them on EVERY team...Now the shiatty part is the officals will be watching Hines more than any other player in the NFL you wait and see how many penalties they will call on him...It will become ridiculous..just wait......Pretty soon the game of football will stop just to watch the officials call penalties and that's about it......THanks No Fun League once again.....If they are going to enforces these rules....they better bring back the celebration without penalty....Is celebrating after a TD a real safety issue?????? :thinking:

Ambridge
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Absolutely Unbelieveable!!

This league is going to water itself down so much with the rules they pass that it's going to eventually be hard to watch a game without being disgusted with the penalties and rules interpretation.

No Horsecollar Tackling, No Crackback/Blindside Blocking......what's the next rule that gets passed that adds to the slow castration of the NFL??

They should just get it over with and convert to The NFFL-which would be The National Flag Football League because that's what it is coming to.
:whatever:

SteelerRush
03-26-2009, 09:36 PM
This really pisses me off. Now what you can't hit a guy when he is trying to tackle one of your teammates. I want to see how they are going to officiate this one. I guess we should stop teaching our wide receivers to block.

This is getting just like Hockey when they take away fighting.

Its CRAP....:cursin::rant2::banging:

igor0190
03-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Too many guys in suite changing the rules... Problem with this rule is that it will be severely screwed up by the referees and it will cost hard hitting teams like the Steelers. If a guy is coming across the middle the safeties intention is not to hit the guy helmet to helmet. The game is fast, and frequently offensive players lower their heads right into the defensive player who has him lined up. Refs will make many bad judgement calls on this next year. Things of this nature should not be assessed a penalty during the game but fines and suspensions upon reviewing if the player intentionally used his helmet as a weapon.

DIESELMAN
03-27-2009, 12:34 AM
The best thing the players can do, is to keep playing the way they were taught. The minute they start "thinking" to much or slow down because they are afraid of getting a penalty, that is when the injuries will happen. Keep playing football, if your penalized, then so be it.

dawgs
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM

This is a forum buddy, not your diary.

For a guy who has season tickets(cant use them now) But when I go i wanna see the stars play. I don't wanna see a payton-less colts come in and what not.

TEEMONT
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
This is a forum buddy, not your diary.

For a guy who has season tickets(cant use them now) But when I go i wanna see the stars play. I don't wanna see a payton-less colts come in and what not.

thats b/c you have a garbage team, and seeing them play obviously isn't good enough for your bitch ***.

dont get the diary comment, but you're a little bitch anyways, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Way to rebutt anything I said assclown.

MPYOUNG33
03-27-2009, 05:45 PM

Not!!

dawgs
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
thats b/c you have a garbage team, and seeing them play obviously isn't good enough for your bitch ***.

dont get the diary comment, but you're a little bitch anyways, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Way to rebutt anything I said assclown.

Na man, I'll be fighting for your bitch- *** freedom. But thanks for the support!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Na man, I'll be fighting for your bitch- *** freedom. But thanks for the support!

Dude..don't play that card.Your not the only one on here who is serving..Teemont is in the military too so i don't know what you were even gettin at.

TEEMONT
03-30-2009, 04:36 PM

did you really just play that card?
lol wow....what a tool...I hope I see your *** over there on the ground when I'm flying high over the ****.

K Train
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM

lol wow

K Train
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Not!!

every word of my post is true

Scorp
03-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Hey sweet cheeks, change those girl colors to blkngld baby. :grin1:

--- Added 3/30/2009 at 03:07 PM ---

every word of my post is true

He knows it's true. I'm right behind you K. :grin1:

dawgs
03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
did you really just play that card?
lol wow....what a tool...I hope I see your *** over there on the ground when I'm flying high over the ****.

Thats interresting, where are you stationed over there? Do you know if they cleared out the hospital thats like right in the center of iraq(can't remember the street name)? I remember it was a hot zone. Thats were three of my team were killed and i broke my ankle.

Why with the insults? thats all you guys do. He made a lame excuse on why I would not use my season tickets, So I gave him the real reason.

TEEMONT
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Thats interresting, where are you stationed over there? Do you know if they cleared out the hospital thats like right in the center of iraq(can't remember the street name)? I remember it was a hot zone. Thats were three of my team were killed and i broke my ankle.

Why with the insults? thats all you guys do. He made a lame excuse on why I would not use my season tickets, So I gave him the real reason.

nah...u didnt give me a real reason...your fighting...but not for my freedom. my freedom was fought for a LONG time ago. You tried to make yourself out to be some kind of hero, just b/c your are in the military, without realizing that a good percentage of posters here are in the military.

Thats the prob with a lot of our military these days. We all want to act like we are fighthing some noble war, guaranteeing the rights of the American people, when in reality those rights were secured years ago, so don't rty to romanticize what your doing now. I'm sure if it came down to it you would fight for our freedoms, but right now, you're not.

Anyways...me personally? Air Force, here. Only been in Baghdad once and it was for three hours, and I never left the ramp of BIAP. I fly above it all refueling fighters...making sure you guys get your CAS.

That all being said....the hits Hines dishes out are not illegal, and the hit on Rivers especially was a relevant block, not just a dirty hit. Rivers was in pursuit of the RB on the play, and might have gotten to him, had Ward not taken his soul.

dawgs
03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
nah...u didnt give me a real reason...your fighting...but not for my freedom. my freedom was fought for a LONG time ago. You tried to make yourself out to be some kind of hero, just b/c your are in the military, without realizing that a good percentage of posters here are in the military.

Thats the prob with a lot of our military these days. We all want to act like we are fighthing some noble war, guaranteeing the rights of the American people, when in reality those rights were secured years ago, so don't rty to romanticize what your doing now. I'm sure if it came down to it you would fight for our freedoms, but right now, you're not.

Anyways...me personally? Air Force, here. Only been in Baghdad once and it was for three hours, and I never left the ramp of BIAP. I fly above it all refueling fighters...making sure you guys get your CAS.

That all being said....the hits Hines dishes out are not illegal, and the hit on Rivers especially was a relevant block, not just a dirty hit. Rivers was in pursuit of the RB on the play, and might have gotten to him, had Ward not taken his soul.

I could really care-less what people think of me. I do what I do because I love my country(they also pay for school). If me being over there, means innocent people here won't be bombed, then that makes me feel good. I could tell you things that would make a grown man hide. I'm only 20 and I've seen people die, I've seen kids sceamin in pain. Not really want I want. I just wanted to to be at a base camp and get free college. But I won't complain.

its funny, I never talk about the war, my family ask me all kinds of questions, and I don't wanna answer them. But for some reason its alot easier to write down then to speak.

back to football- tee, i have no problem with hines hit except one thing. why can't he aim lower. like the chest or waist? why under the chin strip? A little shove would have done it.

PsychoWard
03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
back to football- tee, i have no problem with hines hit except one thing. why can't he aim lower. like the chest or waist? why under the chin strip? A little shove would have done it.

I'll take this one! a little shove ?? this is football not putt putt! come on if you had a guy that hit like that you would be talking him up all the time don't hate!

TampaSteelGirl
03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Dawgs.......Rogers......do I have to say anymore????? :OA02:

Dean Denton
03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, why cant Ward just hit them in the balls so they can make another rule about going to low?????? Maybe they can just start putting the flags on them now instead of making us wait for what we all know is coming soon anyways......

dawgs
04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, why cant Ward just hit them in the balls so they can make another rule about going to low?????? Maybe they can just start putting the flags on them now instead of making us wait for what we all know is coming soon anyways......

they wear cups so that would be fine.

A little shove would have done it. Rivers was running full speed and hines came from the side. real easy to knock him off balance.

igor0190
04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
A little shove would have done it. Rivers was running full speed and hines came from the side. real easy to knock him off balance.

Yeah, because if you played football you would have slowed down and made sure to only give Rivers a little shove. Heinz could have lit him up a lot worse than he did. Because Rivers wasn't even looking he had no balance thus why he went flying through the air. Who's fault is it that Rivers wasn't looking.

Maybe Rivers should ask for a trade because the Steelers are going to make him their Bit*h for the rest of his days in Cinci.

TEEMONT
04-01-2009, 01:07 PM
they wear cups so that would be fine.

a little shove? seriously? you obviously never played football...and if you did, you were terrible. a little ****ing shove?

its a violent sport, stop being a ****ing hater.

DIESELMAN
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I get what your saying about a shove but that would only need to happen if it involved a ball carrier tip toeing along the sidelines. We're talking a WR against a LB, Rivers was running full speed trying to make a play while Ward was running full speed to make a block to help his team mate out. Hines does NOT take plays off and Rivers half assed that play. A shove would not have knocked Rivers out of the play like the block that Ward threw did.

0311grunt4ever
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Makes me sick of what's happening with the sport. You get paid all that money for what?

You take up football as your career not knowing that you could go down any game?

BS! Every player knows it can happen to them anytime.

dawgs
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, because if you played football you would have slowed down and made sure to only give Rivers a little shove. Heinz could have lit him up a lot worse than he did. Because Rivers wasn't even looking he had no balance thus why he went flying through the air. Who's fault is it that Rivers wasn't looking.

Maybe Rivers should ask for a trade because the Steelers are going to make him their Bit*h for the rest of his days in Cinci.

I would have blasted him either with my shoulder into his, or around the waist area. As a WR the last thing i want is a big LB looking for some payback. When hines plays the bangels, you know he's getting messed up right?

I have and do play football. When I say alittle shove, i don't mean with a pinky or something. But if a guy is running full speed, and you come in from the side and catch him not looking at you. a shove will send him out of bounds and to the ground. common science. When your running full speed, You are off balance.

JensK
04-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I would have blasted him either with my shoulder into his, or around the waist area. As a WR the last thing i want is a big LB looking for some payback. When hines plays the bangels, you know he's getting messed up right?

I have and do play football. When I say alittle shove, i don't mean with a pinky or something. But if a guy is running full speed, and you come in from the side and catch him not looking at you. a shove will send him out of bounds and to the ground. common science. When your running full speed, You are off balance.

Come on man. You know that no players in NFL would ever do that. If they did so they should not be payed. When you tackle someone you better damn hit him like you mean it. The block he made was hard, yes, but not illegal, and it should not be illegal. Rivers was unlucky thats all.

As for the whole revenge part, get over it. Hines is more than used to that from our division, and frankly.. its not like he cares. He loves it, he loves the sport, and he loves to hit people, just like it should be.

Steel Trap86
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
As a WR the last thing i want is a big LB looking for some payback. When hines plays the bangels, you know he's getting messed up right?

Hines already played the Bengals again, that hit on Rivers went down during the first match-up. They didnt do **** to him that second game, Rivers obviously wasnt playing, but I dont remember anybody catching him.

TampaSteelGirl
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM

The Steelers have been a physical football team for years so why is this such a big surprise?? We will always be a physical football team problem is everyone is getting so damn sensitive now a days...I'm not saying that "cheap shot" should be allowed so that anyone gets really hurt. I don't want to see that. I can't say Hines blockes any different than anyone wanting to make a huge play and helping their teammates out.

Once again the NFL needs to pull up their skirts and strap a set on!!! This is football baby!!! :yellowthumb:

dawgs
04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Rivers obviously wasnt playing.

He will be this year. :cope:

Hard hits are great. But just leave the head, neck areas alone.

as said before..

If hines played for any other team in this leauge and he made a hit like that, all of you here would be mad and call it dirty. There's no arguement for that.

TEEMONT
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM

as said before..

If hines played for any other team in this leauge and he made a hit like that, all of you here would be mad and call it dirty. There's no arguement for that.

god dammit you are the whiniest bitch ever

TampaSteelGirl
04-02-2009, 10:24 PM

as said before..

And you don't think Rogers rollin and knocking his big fat blubbery nasty *** all over Ben isn't being rough? Rogers is straight up cheap so dont give me that shiat Dawgs!! He's dirty!

Steel Trap86
04-02-2009, 11:05 PM
And you don't think Rogers rollin and knocking his big fat blubbery nasty *** all over Ben isn't being rough? Rogers is straight up cheap so dont give me that shiat Dawgs!! He's dirty!

Ya....and it pisses me right off that the Browns were no where near the playoffs, but knocking Ben out made there season worth a little something

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Pullng the hero card at age 20 is a no no.

The real heroes never mention it, no matter what. But if they did, it wouldn't be over an internet forum.

I'm calling you out Dawgs, and I'd like to know what branch and what unit you served with and in what time periods. You don't have to tell me, but since you're so intent on everyone knowing of your hero status, I'd like some details.

Or are you a Super Top Secret Squirrel Ninja Master/Navy Seal/Green Beret Hybrid?

If anyone sees this as inappropriate and maybe needs to move somewhere else, say so.

In any case, OOOORAH to all my brothers and sisters out there.

P.S. Hines Ward is NOT dirty. He takes showers and doesn't wear a poop stain jersey

dawgs
04-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Rogers does cheapshot no question. But he just falls on you lol. Not really a dirty play to say. But a cheapshot. But yet, he did not injure anyone either.

--- Added 4/3/2009 at 12:01 PM ---

Or are you a Super Top Secret Squirrel Ninja Master

Dude, shhhhh.

Only reason why I braught it up was because the guy tried to make fun of me on why I can't use my season tickets.

united states army, Infantryman(11B). I was a member of the fire team, although I packed and stored weapons(rifles, machine guns, anti-tank mines), most of the time. until my last 2 months when I was assigned to live action. rest is history.

Green Beret's are insane man. You need years of trainning for that.

0311grunt4ever
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I was pissed when I read that initial post, being that there's Marines and soldiers that fought in Vietnam in more blood and guts than any of us could think of, and some of them never want to think about it or mention it ever, to anyone.

The only time you should ever have to defend your service is if you are called out for fraud, or accused of wrongful death while serving abroad.

You could have said that you had other committments. Keep your honor.

dawgs
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I was pissed when I read that initial post, being that there's Marines and soldiers that fought in Vietnam in more blood and guts than any of us could think of, and some of them never want to think about it or mention it ever, to anyone.

The only time you should ever have to defend your service is if you are called out for fraud, or accused of wrongful death while serving abroad.

You could have said that you had other committments. Keep your honor.

I have army friends that can't talk about it. But I don't have that problem. Did I want to talk about it on here? no, but whatever. I don't care want people think of me.

But don't say those marines, seals, army, air-force or whatever are not hero's. If you wanna say im not because I talk about it, fine. But don't say there not. weather you believe in the war or not, People are dieing for us. We are not getting bombed here at home Because of the pressure we put on them over there.

0311grunt4ever
04-04-2009, 02:47 AM
You need to read a whole message and make an intelligent response. Until then, you are an UNPROVEN BOOT. Never again pull the card. You'd don't rate it.

steelersbabex25
04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
The rules are getting simply rediculous. No blind hits? That WILL totally change the game for anyone besides Hines Ward..who probably doesn't care that much. Someone said it before in the thread..but the players standing there during a play and thinking..I wonder if I'll get penalized for this hit is where the real injuries are going to start. Slowing yourself down just makes you more vulnerable for harder hits. & also, yes, the players are only paid millions of dollars a year for the entertainment value the NFL has, but how many people are going to want to continue watching when the players aren't even allowed to touch each other anymore?

dawgs
04-06-2009, 09:59 AM
The rules are getting simply rediculous. No blind hits? That WILL totally change the game for anyone besides Hines Ward..who probably doesn't care that much. Someone said it before in the thread..but the players standing there during a play and thinking..I wonder if I'll get penalized for this hit is where the real injuries are going to start. Slowing yourself down just makes you more vulnerable for harder hits. & also, yes, the players are only paid millions of dollars a year for the entertainment value the NFL has, but how many people are going to want to continue watching when the players aren't even allowed to touch each other anymore?

Do you guys know what the tom brady rule is all about? If a OL men pushes a defensive guy into the QB, would that still be a flag? or is it the refs judgement?

steelers4life66
04-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Do you guys know what the tom brady rule is all about? If a OL men pushes a defensive guy into the QB, would that still be a flag? or is it the refs judgement?

My understanding is if he gets blocked into him it's not a penalty. You just can't lunge at the qb with your head or shoulders. You can use your arms and hands to rap him up.

TampaSteelGirl
04-06-2009, 10:42 AM
What I don't understand is why the hell is it the "Hines Ward Rule"?? LIke he's the only culprit?? I just watched NFL replay last night and saw the Vikings vs the Saints and saw the exact same block by a Saint who was blocking a Viking...EXACTLY!!! It's pure crap!!! :poopfan:

steelers4life66
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
What I don't understand is why the hell is it the "Hines Ward Rule"?? LIke he's the only culprit?? I just watched NFL replay last night and saw the Vikings vs the Saints and saw the exact same block by a Saint who was blocking a Viking...EXACTLY!!! It's pure crap!!! :poopfan:

I wouldn't think too much of it if I were you. It's a bag on honor. Like the Mel Blunt rule. They think enough of he's tuff play they have to make a new rule. Remember they were league hits. He did nothing wrong. The NFL is trying to protect players.

TampaSteelGirl
04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't think too much of it if I were you. It's a bag on honor. Like the Mel Blunt rule. They think enough of he's tuff play they have to make a new rule. Remember they were league hits. He did nothing wrong. The NFL is trying to protect players.

Yea I guess you have a good point there....:greengrin:

Blitzburghpete
04-08-2009, 03:39 AM
wow get over it, it wasnt a clean hit at all....it was "legal" but hardly clean. you all would be bitching HARDCORE if wards jaw got broke cause of a hit on him like that, not only would you approve this rule, you would demand the player who did it be fined, suspended and possibly executed.

Would I mind if Hines had his jaw broke if this was done to Hines – if it was a legal hit – no I wouldn’t. Its football and its contact goes with the game. What I didn’t like about the Hines hit was his immediate “ thank you god salute. “ afterwards. IMO it was inappropriate to GOD considering what he’d just done, and disrespectful to the Bengal player.

My concern over this new ruling is the Policing of it. It’s obviously an Anti Pittsburgh rule, so I fear the Steelers will get the full force of the law more than other teams will even when they don’t deserve it. They have already suffered last year. Mike Perera the league official on NFL network commented that Ryan Clark shouldn’t have been flagged for the hit on Wes Welker ( yet again the league apologises to the Steelers ) as it was a legal hit. The only “questionable hit” last year was the Clark on Mghee – but then think about it - two men closing at near 35mph, and they both dip their heads down to the level of their chest. It was horrible what happened next BUT it’s football and you can’t say to someone “ excuse me chap, would you be so awfully kind, stand still and just let me hit you between the shoulders and thighs, please. “

I’m all for player safety too K train – but my grievance is why is this rule being placed to stop something that never actually happened anyway ??? None of the hits last year WERE illegal or stupid or late, or to the head, they were all done perfectly legally, just the Steelers, executed them with precision, power and with devastating results, something they should be applauded for not be penalized.

What I also want to know is why aren’t the Titans DB’s ( especially Cortland Finnegan ) being flagged for running in full speed for big hits on to defenceless / prone / lying on the ground not going anywhere offencive players, when simply just touching them with a hand will do?

dawgs
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Would I mind if Hines had his jaw broke if this was done to Hines – if it was a legal hit – no I wouldn’t. Its football and its contact goes with the game. What I didn’t like about the Hines hit was his immediate “ thank you god salute. “ afterwards. IMO it was inappropriate to GOD considering what he’d just done, and disrespectful to the Bengal player.

My concern over this new ruling is the Policing of it. It’s obviously an Anti Pittsburgh rule, so I fear the Steelers will get the full force of the law more than other teams will even when they don’t deserve it. They have already suffered last year. Mike Perera the league official on NFL network commented that Ryan Clark shouldn’t have been flagged for the hit on Wes Welker ( yet again the league apologises to the Steelers ) as it was a legal hit. The only “questionable hit” last year was the Clark on Mghee – but then think about it - two men closing at near 35mph, and they both dip their heads down to the level of their chest. It was horrible what happened next BUT it’s football and you can’t say to someone “ excuse me chap, would you be so awfully kind, stand still and just let me hit you between the shoulders and thighs, please. “

I’m all for player safety too K train – but my grievance is why is this rule being placed to stop something that never actually happened anyway ??? None of the hits last year WERE illegal or stupid or late, or to the head, they were all done perfectly legally, just the Steelers, executed them with precision, power and with devastating results, something they should be applauded for not be penalized.

What I also want to know is why aren’t the Titans DB’s ( especially Cortland Finnegan ) being flagged for running in full speed for big hits on to defenceless / prone / lying on the ground not going anywhere offencive players, when simply just touching them with a hand will do?

its really easy to avoid all of this stuff. ready for it?

AIM LOWER!!! Thats it. Don't go near the head and you got no worries. its not hard.

TEEMONT
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM

AIM LOWER!!! Thats it. Don't go near the head and you got no worries. its not hard.

like I said...you were obviously a terrible, bitch of a football player.

aim low, then take out ACL's.

Its a rough ****ing game, if the players dont want to get hurt, there is a simple remedy, get a real ****ing job with the rest of us schmucks.

TampaSteelGirl
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Dawgs....:deadhorse:

dawgs
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
like I said...you were obviously a terrible, bitch of a football player.

aim low, then take out ACL's.

Its a rough ****ing game, if the players dont want to get hurt, there is a simple remedy, get a real ****ing job with the rest of us schmucks.

You were the bitch holding the palm palms right? I was a WR and QB. Nothin special but a decent player. I had a few tackles playin corner freshman year.

Last time I checked, the ACL is not in the check/stomach/waist/thigh areas. mybe I'm wrong but most likely not.

Blitzburghpete
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Dawgs

Mate - read what i said again. None of the hits last year were illegal. deal with that then comment
Besides if we're going low, we're down at grass level if we're defending Darren Sproles

TEEMONT
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
You were the bitch holding the palm palms right? I was a WR and QB. Nothin special but a decent player. I had a few tackles playin corner freshman year.

Last time I checked, the ACL is not in the check/stomach/waist/thigh areas. mybe I'm wrong but most likely not.

palm palms?

lol...u meant pom poms right?

So you made a few tackles playing CB your freshman year, and now all of a sudden you are an expert on how NFL players should be blocking? God..this keeps on getting better and better. And the ACL is actually pretty close to the thighs.

I do want to get this right though, players cant go high, but they also cant go too low. So you want someone who is blocking/tackling (or maybe just blocking) to hit an area that is approx 2 feet long...? And still deliver a quality prodcut that people will want to watch?

**** may move that slowly in Ohio High School Freshman football, but not in the NFL, you hit whats available to you to extend (or end ) the play. Plain and simple.

TampaSteelGirl
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
palm palms?

lol...u meant pom poms right?

So you made a few tackles playing CB your freshman year, and now all of a sudden you are an expert on how NFL players should be blocking? God..this keeps on getting better and better. And the ACL is actually pretty close to the thighs.

I do want to get this right though, players cant go high, but they also cant go too low. So you want someone who is blocking/tackling (or maybe just blocking) to hit an area that is approx 2 feet long...? And still deliver a quality prodcut that people will want to watch?

**** may move that slowly in Ohio High School Freshman football, but not in the NFL, you hit whats available to you to extend (or end ) the play. Plain and simple.

Im just kinda wondering what each players aim ratio will be, kind of like a drunk girl playing darts trying to hit the bullseye!!!! So to make the proper block according to Dawgs you have to hit the player "just right"....good God how can you make sure you hit a player running top speed and make sure you hit them in the "strike zone". Basically you can only hit a player in a baseball strike zone.
ACL is in the front of the knee, MCL is on the side btw.......

TEEMONT
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Im just kinda wondering what each players aim ratio will be, kind of like a drunk girl playing darts trying to hit the bullseye!!!! So to make the proper block according to Dawgs you have to hit the player "just right"....good God how can you make sure you hit a player running top speed and make sure you hit them in the "strike zone". Basically you can only hit a player in a baseball strike zone.
ACL is in the front of the knee, MCL is on the side btw.......

not a strike zone..lol...that includes the knees