**** sean smith and johnny knox is going to be awful

steelers4life66
03-22-2009, 04:42 PM
**** sean smith and johnny knox is going to be awful

What about Sweed as our KR?

K Train
03-22-2009, 04:50 PM
What about Sweed as our KR?

im not sure if your serious or not....but sweed is definitely not anything close to a kikc returner. knox is fast but he really sucks, he was faster than anyone he played at albeine christian but that wont be the case in the nfl....hes like a 7th rounder if that to me

btw i think TJ lang would be one of the worst solutions to an oline ever....

steelers4life66
03-22-2009, 04:57 PM
im not sure if your serious or not....but sweed is definitely not anything close to a kikc returner. knox is fast but he really sucks, he was faster than anyone he played at albeine christian but that wont be the case in the nfl....hes like a 7th rounder if that to me

He seemed to do a decent job getting open when he played. He just couldn't catch the damn ball.:lol:

K Train
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
He seemed to do a decent job getting open when he played. He just couldn't catch the damn ball.:lol:

i have no doubt hes gonna be a great wr...but a kick returner? hes 6-4 and not all that fast and not shifty at all, he would never be considered for return duties

DCBill
03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
First off, these were Walter's latest "firts four picks for Pittsbrugh."

Walter has an informative site and he does a lot of good work.

But, Mocks are a game of "whim and fantasy." Nobody can take them too seriously. It's hot stove, squared.

None of us know how these kids will play as pros or where the Steelers or others may have them.

Those four may be great, but may not be as good as another four at the same position, which I could pick, just as easily.

Laugh about it, ponder the possibilities, and wish and hope, but if you do anyhting more with "mock drafts" and "draftees," you are not spending your time wisely, since we can't control anything the Steelers or other teams chose to do.

Michael Oher, great football numbers, but reportedly slow intellectually. If he's available at #32, do the Steelers take him?

K Train
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
i would take oher top 10....so definitely at 32

steelcityrockers
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
If you've ever read The Blindside, you would understand his "intellectual problems." He is actually pretty smart, but until he was 16 he had gone to 11 different schools. He routinely missed school (like, A LOT of school) because he really had no father and his mother was a crack addict who simply didn't care. He wasn't really taught in his childhood.

He did graduate from a major university in 4 years, so that has to account for something.

K Train
03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
he stayed at school to graduate rather than going pro and being a first rounder last year. the man can ball and is without a doubt the most physically gifted tackle this year

steelcityrockers
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, why his stock has fallen so much really confuses me. He was one of the best tackles in the nation over his career at an SEC school. To me, he is still the top tackle. I like Eugene Monroe a lot as well. Jason Smith was never in a 3 point stance at Baylor and Andre Smith, is...well, his problems are well chronicled.

K Train
03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, why his stock has fallen so much really confuses me. He was one of the best tackles in the nation over his career at an SEC school. To me, he is still the top tackle. I like Eugene Monroe a lot as well. Jason Smith was never in a 3 point stance at Baylor and Andre Smith, is...well, his problems are well chronicled.

thats what i said in my mock....i have no idea why people insist on him slipping. he didnt allow a sack the last 2 years, hes a phenominal prospect. Jason Smith is a great athlete but he will struggle, he played in a spread offense. Monroe is good too, but i look at him and i see branden albert...they are the same player so i rank them around the same.

Andre smith is my #1......guard

i think oher is on a different level, he was my favorite player last year and then he went back to school and i probably like him even more now

Callax
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I do not pay enough attention to be able to make an informed opinion about specific players... Steelers need OL help, DL depth, which will turn into help needed in 2 years....
another corner for depth, wr depth which will be a need in 2 years

DCBill
03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Well. I hope Micheal overcomes these setbacks and shows he's the player and a man with the smarts necessary to shine in the NFL.

If whatever is causing him to fall leaves him availabile at #32, I'd take him.

seth_westover
03-23-2009, 02:48 AM
I still think that we wont be able to get a tackle at 32 without reaching. With that being said, this draft is extremely deep with talent in the 2nd and 3rd round. I think that we should stay put at 32 and take BPA. My ideal pick would be to get Oher, Britton or Beatty. If that isn't possible, as i said earlier, I would settle for Jarron Gilbert, Sean Smith, Darius Butler, or D.J. Moore. Having 9 picks this year is great for us. There is no way in hell 9 picks make the team, hell even 7 won't make it. So with that being said, I would love to trade up in the second with our third and maybe a fifth. We trade up to get either Eric Wood or Jarron Gilbert. Then we can select either a quality DL, CB, or OT with our Comp 3rd. In the fourth we could again select a quality DL, CB, OT, or a WR.

So my wishful mock draft would look like this:
1st- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
2nd- trade up for Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose St.
3rd-Antoine Caldwell C Ala
4th- Coye Francis CB San Jose St. or if by some miracle Macho Harris is there.
6th- Roy Miller DT Texas or again by a miracle Chris Baker DT Hampton
7th- Frank "The Tank" Summers FB/RB/H-Back UNLV

All in all, we the steelers don't have many needs. we do have some depth issues we can address and we have to do something to fix our horrid line! But throwing 3 rookies into the starting line-up won't help at all! So drafting Oher would solve the HUGE issue at RT. Then he could slide to LT later opening the door for another future draft pick or Tony Hillis at RT. Taking Wood would allow us to have a SOLID back up at the G spots and our future C when Hartwig is through. We have to get young on the DL and pick up a good CB for depth and a possible starter in the future. This could be a huge draft year for us. If we can get depth in the trenches and fix the OL, we could be an elite team for many years to come! I trust the FO to do what they think is best!

DCBill
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Well, we'll know this PM whether we get one or two comp picks for Faneca and where.

In that past few days, I was thinking thta they don't sink all of this money into "O Line" (Max, Colon, Kemo, and Essex, with Hills still available) and then go Oline in the first and second.

I wouldn't totally be surprised--based on depth--if they don't chose DL at #32 and CB or another DL at #64.

I think that Tyson Jackson may be gone but Michael Johnson, Fila Moala, Vontae Davis, Senderick Marks. and some CBs and Ss also will be available.

As for OL, Wood, Robinson (who we avoided at his "pro day") also should be available) and possibly one of the OTs who falls (Beatty or Oher) shoudl be there or we can reach for Cornelius Lewis.

steelcityrockers
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Cornelius Lewis is a late second day prospect. If he were to be drafted in the first round, I would kill something.

DCBill
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Unless you are drafting for "position" and the better OTs are gone.

steelcityrockers
03-23-2009, 06:28 PM
No, then you take someone like Jamon Meredith, who would also be a reach, but nothing as massive as Lewis. Lewis is strictly a developmental prospect and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him before the 3rd round.

DCBill
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
OK--You convinced me, Jamon it is!!

K Train
03-24-2009, 02:59 AM
i would take lewis at 64

steelcityrockers
03-24-2009, 09:20 AM
He has tools but is really, really raw. I don't see how he could make an immediate impact.