PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be Sweet?

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
If we could nab Shipley for our new center. We could maybe place some players on our line back to some of thier natural positions.
I think he would be an excellent addition. Just don't know if he would be around when we have our pick. Wishfull thinking i guess.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2009, 01:52 PM
now your talking!:yellowthumb: lol.
Let me put on my Blue and White sunglasses for a minute.....I think because of his size he'll go late in the draft and would be a steal for someone..so why not us? I'd be happy with Maybin, D-Will and Shipley in the Black and Gold.:greengrin:

K Train
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
now your talking!:yellowthumb: lol.
Let me put on my Blue and White sunglasses for a minute.....I think because of his size he'll go late in the draft and would be a steal for someone..so why not us? I'd be happy with Maybin, D-Will and Shipley in the Black and Gold.:greengrin:

shipley has a terrible build for a center, i like williams ok, at least to start out as a returner, maybin has some serious serious bulk issues, hes weak and very lanky

Dean Denton
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
His height may hurt his draft stock, but his strength, work ethic and intelligence will help him. I'm on the fence with him. I kinda like the pick.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
shipley has a terrible build for a center, i like williams ok, at least to start out as a returner, maybin has some serious serious bulk issues, hes weak and very lanky

lol..i was wondering how long it'd be till you posted on this. But I'd have to agree with all 3 of those things.On Maybin's defense he did show up at the combine 20 lbs heavier..so i'm sure he could get to the size he needs to be effective..could be another Jason Taylor type guy.He's been all over the place on the mock drafts because of his bulk..it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

K Train
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
lol..i was wondering how long it'd be till you posted on this. But I'd have to agree with all 3 of those things.On Maybin's defense he did show up at the combine 20 lbs heavier..so i'm sure he could get to the size he needs to be effective..could be another Jason Taylor type guy.He's been all over the place on the mock drafts because of his bulk..it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

maybin will certainly play in a 34, he would get devoured with his hand down full time. i think he needs to add a little more weight and get stronger. hes really bad at shedding blocks and hes not very fast...the one thing that works for him the most is hes very explosive and gets a great jump when the ball gets snapped. i think he'll end up going mid second by someone who can give him a year to two

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
maybin will certainly play in a 34, he would get devoured with his hand down full time. i think he needs to add a little more weight and get stronger. hes really bad at shedding blocks and hes not very fast...the one thing that works for him the most is hes very explosive and gets a great jump when the ball gets snapped. i think he'll end up going mid second by someone who can give him a year to two

Yea alot of mocks got him going in the 1st round which i thought was a stretch,he's so raw and undeveloped yet..wish he would have stayed at PSU for another year.I'd love to see us grab him but not with our 1st pick, and i know he wouldn't last until we picked again.I don't know what the deal with Bruce Davis is..but i'm hoping he can contribute alot more this year.

K Train
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Yea alot of mocks got him going in the 1st round which i thought was a stretch,he's so raw and undeveloped yet..wish he would have stayed at PSU for another year.I'd love to see us grab him but not with our 1st pick, and i know he wouldn't last until we picked again.I don't know what the deal with Bruce Davis is..but i'm hoping he can contribute alot more this year.

well bruce davis has 2 studs in front of him, im not surprised he was hardly even dressed considering woodley and harrison are badasses and timmons was able to spell either one of them while foote came back inside....that being said i hate bruce davis, i cant believe we passed on avril for him, i just look at davis and see failure

steelcityrockers
03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Eh, Davis can get to the QB and I think it is a bit of a stretch to say he's a failure at this point. Granted, Avril would have been the better pick, but Davis isn't quite as stiff as him (thus better in coverage)

K Train
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
im not calling him a failure at all, but i wouldnt be surprised if he turned out t be one i just dont have high hopes for him

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Hell no on Shipley.....Penn State homers always crack me up.......

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I still think that Shipley would be a wise addition to our offensive line. He doesn't have to play center , but he can. Just one man...can put everybody back where they belong.
I smell a lucky 7 !!!!

steelcityrockers
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Shipley is the epitome of what a center shouldn't look like.

He really will not be able to get it done in the pros.

Scorp
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
I like the thread title. Would it not be sweet if the Steelers were the 1st to win 3 super bowls in a row? :banana::bunny::yellowthumb::grin1::tt02::cope:

STEEL CITY TANK
03-18-2009, 01:31 AM
I doubt we'll go OL until 3rd rd, we mite go straight to DL, Tomlin maybe wants to focus on the current OL cohension, and draft to help keep our D tip top, by bringing Jarron Gilbert 1st rd and Fili Moala 2nd rd and the best player available 3rd and so forth (we do have 2 3rd rd picks)

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Shipley is the epitome of what a center shouldn't look like.

He really will not be able to get it done in the pros.

Why? He has the award and all that comes with it. He would be a bad-*** contender for the next available opening. He is switchable ,and i am glad they thought enough to bring him in for a look.

K Train
03-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Why? He has the award and all that comes with it. He would be a bad-*** contender for the next available opening. He is switchable ,and i am glad they thought enough to bring him in for a look.

his build is awful for a center....he will get pushed around. he should have worked on being a fullback or a undertackle or something

MillerTime83
03-18-2009, 07:10 AM
The more I think about it I think the Steelers will take James Laurinaitis if he is there. This would be a sweet draft. (Note im going to go ahead and say Beatty wont be there at 32)

These are the guys being resonable I would like to see on day 1

1st)James Laurinaitis/Tyson Jackson/Percy Harvin/Kenny Britt
2nd)Cornelius Lewis/Jamon Meredith/Jarius Byrd
3rd)Kyle Moore/Tyronne Green/Herman Johnson

1st round pretty much good players everywhere. I really like the idea of Harvin or even Britt. I dont care we got Sweed (and I like Sweed) we can never have enough playmakers.

2nd round If Meredith is there take him, but if hes not I like Lewis and Byrd.

3rd round Moore is my guy. We can shape him the next couple of years and he should fill a void that A Smith leaves. Also Herman Johnson slimmed down and actually looked decent at he pro day. I wouldnt mind taking a shot at this big boy with a 3rd if he is there. Tyronne Green probably wont be there, but I would still grab Moore over him.

K Train
03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
The more I think about it I think the Steelers will take James Laurinaitis if he is there. This would be a sweet draft. (Note im going to go ahead and say Beatty wont be there at 32)

These are the guys being resonable I would like to see on day 1

1st)James Laurinaitis/Tyson Jackson/Percy Harvin/Kenny Britt
2nd)Cornelius Lewis/Jamon Meredith/Jarius Byrd
3rd)Kyle Moore/Tyronne Green/Herman Johnson

1st round pretty much good players everywhere. I really like the idea of Harvin or even Britt. I dont care we got Sweed (and I like Sweed) we can never have enough playmakers.

2nd round If Meredith is there take him, but if hes not I like Lewis and Byrd.

3rd round Moore is my guy. We can shape him the next couple of years and he should fill a void that A Smith leaves. Also Herman Johnson slimmed down and actually looked decent at he pro day. I wouldnt mind taking a shot at this big boy with a 3rd if he is there. Tyronne Green probably wont be there, but I would still grab Moore over him.

lauranatis is a pussy, he would fail as a 34MLB....MLBs have to be big and be able to blow up guards, he cant do that...hes a great athlete but hes weak. i would rather have herman johnson than tyronne green, i think green is undersized and the last RG we got from auburn was garbage. johnson is a mauler...he would fail as a tackle but as a guard i think he could be badass...the dude ends people when he blocks them, you get blocked by him you are effectively out of the play. his footwork is not great but you cant teach mammoth size and at least hes not a pussy like starks.

lewis is my guy, i might have a man crush on him and i like moore alot, just not right away

i do kinda like the idea of harvin or nicks...not so much britt

MillerTime83
03-18-2009, 08:38 AM
"cant teach mammoth size" LOL you hear all the "draft gurus" and scouts say you cant teach speed, but I think this one is a lot better.

Lauranatis wouldnt play at all his first year if we did draft him. Hell he wouldnt play his secound too, but im curious why all the Steelers main dudes was at Ohio States pro day. Lauranatis is probably the only guy I can think of at least at the 32 slot.

K Train
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
well hopefully they were looking at robiskie

steelcityrockers
03-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Robiskie could make Ward obsolete in a year...

He is a good possession receiver in the Reggie Wayne mold. I'm not saying he will near as good as him, but he will be a good underneath target that has excellent hands and route running ability with good enough speed.

Dean Denton
03-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Robiskie could make Ward obsolete in a year...

He is a good possession receiver in the Reggie Wayne mold. I'm not saying he will near as good as him, but he will be a good underneath target that has excellent hands and route running ability with good enough speed.If I had a nickle every time I heard someone was going to make Ward obsolete or he was going to get bumped out....lol Three years, then Ward can worry about his job....

K Train
03-18-2009, 07:50 PM
well i mean he will eventually become obsolete, and it will be sooner rather than later

DCBill
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Short lineman with short arms and from PSU.

Screams FA, maybe!

MillerTime83
03-19-2009, 03:21 AM
well hopefully they were looking at robiskie

I dont want him at 32 and he wont be there 64. I mean I guess you still have to figure Mendenhall wasnt suppost to be there ether, but more often than not the guys arnt there. Maybe we was sneaking a look at some other people like Marcus Freeman he had some decent times.

K Train
03-19-2009, 03:22 AM
we have alot of picks this year....moving up in round two is very possible.

ive seen worse reaches for WR than robiskie at 32 anyway

MillerTime83
03-19-2009, 03:33 AM
we have alot of picks this year....moving up in round two is very possible.

ive seen worse reaches for WR than robiskie at 32 anyway

Ted Ginn nuff said! But he wasnt 32 nvm I messed that up lol

K Train
03-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Ted Ginn nuff said! But he wasnt 32 nvm I messed that up lol

ted ginn was a reach, 9th was way to high and bowe certainly should have gone before him but ginn has turned into a good reciever.

gonzalas was a reach, another buckeye but hes turned out really good. but buster davis was an epic reach and has failed so far, no way he should have gone in the first...i had him going in the 3rd

if they do their research and think hes really gonna be something then i wouldnt be surprised to see him slip into the end of the first round