PDA

View Full Version : Silverback

ARKIESTEEL
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Steelers LB Harrison to attend workoutsComment Email Print Share By James Walker
ESPN.com
Archive
Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison will be present as the Super Bowl champions open their offseason workout program Monday despite unresolved contractual issues, his agent said.

Harrison

"Yes, James will be there," agent Bill Parise said of the NFL's 2008 defensive player of the year.

Both sides remain in constant talks, so there was no need for Harrison to miss the session, according to Parise, as it could lead to unwarranted tension.

Though Parise wouldn't elaborate on the negotiations, he recently told ESPN.com that both sides remained hopeful but far apart.

"We're talking and meeting pretty regularly, almost daily, but we're having a difficult time getting to where we need to be," Parise said last month.

AFC North

ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Harrison, 30, is coming off a year in which he recorded 101 tackles, 16 sacks and seven forced fumbles for Pittsburgh.

He made a salary of $1.2 million last season, making him one of the league's best bargains.

So far the Steelers have not been active in free agency while focusing mostly on keeping their own players.

Signing Harrison to a long-term deal is one of the team's biggest internal priorities.

James Walker covers the AFC North

Sir Blitzelot
03-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Well that's a good sign, but I sure hope they get his contract worked out soon.

TampaSteelGirl
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
They better...hes well worth the money and he's more than proved that..i'm sur they will do the right thing. Very classy of him to show up and be a team player..one more reason to love him!! I'm sure the Rooneys will compensate his hard work...:yellowthumb:

Andalusi
03-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I really hope they keep him :imho:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Damn, Offseason workouts already? His deal will get done soon..on shear terror alone, nobody wants James Harrison angry at you.:eek1:

Hburg
03-17-2009, 12:46 AM
He'll get signed, he's valuable right now. Hopefully he won't follow Porter's footsteps.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2009, 01:04 AM
So we should praise James Harrison for honoring his current contract?.......People remember he isn't a FA and he still has a year left on his original contract extension....I think he deserves a pay increase no doubt and he has earned it.....But I'm going to bend over backwards and praise a million dollar athlete for honoring a contract he signed...lol

DanRooney
03-17-2009, 04:27 AM
I refuse to acknowledge James Harrison as this so-called "Silverback" nickname given to him college (a horrid one I might add). He will always be "Deebo" in my mind.

Silverback 92
03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
just want this to be a done deal and lets move on

LatrobePA
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here but we will not sign him to a huge deal with multi years, look at Porter! He's getting older...

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Hell he deserves more money but let him play this year then franchise him ...probably be cheaper that way and would give us time to develop O lineman as Starks replacement...

LatrobePA
03-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Hell he deserves more money but let him play this year then franchise him ...probably be cheaper that way and would give us time to develop O lineman as Starks replacement...

Agree'd 100% that'll keep him for 2 more years and this is about all that will be left in the tank...

STEEL CITY TANK
03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here but we will not sign him to a huge deal with multi years, look at Porter! He's getting older...

I agree half way with you, he might not get signed to a huge multi year but will get 3 yrs minimum worth some :2cents: The only reason for him being overpaid is the proven fact that he can create the big play on defense and be very very consistant. He should be paid "Polamalu Money" he's worth it, and Porter is still good but not silverback good Steelers took a chance by releasing Porter when they did so you never know what the FO will do.......

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
There should have never been a doubt that he'd be there, as 32 mentioned he is still under contract. Yes he most definitely needs and deserves a new deal and the Steelers will get it done. It may very well take the entire offseason especially with the draft coming up and all those players will need to get signed but it will get done.

TampaSteelGirl
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I saw a ticker on NFL Network last night we signed him...haven't looked for a link yet. Anyone know??

Dean Denton
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Whats the damage on the signing? $$$

TampaSteelGirl
03-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Whats the damage on the signing? $$$

It didn't say just that he was signed..i'll have to look for a link.

--- Added 3/17/2009 at 02:45 PM ---

Nevermind it was Arnold Harrison I saw...I posted it...ooops my bad!

Stlrs4Life
03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey Arkie. How's it going? Where have ya been?

MOTORKRAFT
03-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Move Woodley to Harrisons position, and insert Timmons to Woodleys position and the team will not miss a beat. Simple as that. Harrison needs to know he is a product of the system. Let him walk, if need be. Do not overpay.

TampaSteelGirl
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Move Woodley to Harrisons position, and insert Timmons to Woodleys position and the team will not miss a beat. Simple as that. Harrison needs to know he is a product of the system. Let him walk, if need be. Do not overpay.

WTF???? Pay the man!!!! ....I mean lets think about this...you don't think this man deserves a pretty good payday??? I'm not talking a $100 million payday but this guy went from being cut from us and the Ravens?? several times, on the practice squad, then makes the team and in 2 yrs becomes the NFL Defensive player of the year this year...Making huge plays all year and then the historic INT-TD in Superbowl XVIII you don't think he deserves a pretty good payday? You're :crazy:

The Rooneys will pay him....he's worth it and they know it!