PDA

View Full Version : WR - DJ Hackett... thoughts?

Callax
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Why not bring in WR DJ Hackett?? He's about the same size as Nate, His hands cannot be any worse than Nates, since he catches about 50% of the passes.
[I really liked Nate, to see him progress enough to finally start coming into his own.. Hated the fact he went to TENN for BIGGER bucks than PITT would have even came close to offering.]
DJ is a veteran of about 5 years, so he is seasoned enough to know the rigors of the NFL and young enough to be viable for several more years.. He hasn't seem to be able to stick with one team... 1st seattle, then carolina. He didn't make much of a dent behind Steve Smth, Mushin Muhammad, and Keary Colbert. I wonder why Carolina dropped him since he could move up the depth chart since mushin can't be effective too much longer...
I know Pitt won't offer him Massive bucks, but for the chance for him to come to the reigning SB Champs He might consider coming here for maybe 1 or 2 years and play with a great QB..
Sorry, Delhomme and Hasselbeck are pretty good but not great, unless you consider Jake chucking 5 INT's and a fumble in the playoffs good or great (SCOTT!!)
LOL
He might come here and be in the same position he was at in Carolina, possibly 3rd or
4th on the septh chart...
See what opinions come out of this thread, so REPLY AWAY!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
He has a history of injuries and really was bad in Carolina last year....I say pass......

Callax
03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Ok, tell me who you think PITT should bring in to give us some seasoned WR depth... Malcolm Floyd ?
6'5" RFA from SD??
Wish he wasn't a RFA

Dee Mca
03-15-2009, 07:09 PM
how about martin nance from the Ps as #4 and move Sweed to #3. He may catch the ball if he gets more passes thrown to him than like 40 in a season!

K Train
03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
lets not

Black@Gold Forever32
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok, tell me who you think PITT should bring in to give us some seasoned WR depth... Malcolm Floyd ?
6'5" RFA from SD??
Wish he wasn't a RFA

Shaun McDonald would be better then Hackett in my opinion............

Steel Trap86
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
we aren't bringing in anybody. steelers would rather drop macfadden and washington and throw a big bag of dough at the biggest baddest most exciting o-line in the league then take advantage of free agency.

Stairwayto7
03-15-2009, 08:18 PM
how about martin nance from the Ps as #4 and move Sweed to #3. He may catch the ball if he gets more passes thrown to him than like 40 in a season!

I hope Sweed can be a number three, but so far, he seems far from it! Hopefully the coaches know where he`ll be! I say lets get a number 1 or 2. Lets face it, I love Hines Ward, but his better days are behind him. He would be a very productive 3, and stay healthier. Holmes is a good 2. Yeah he looked great in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, but really, overall his production wasn`t reminscent of a 1. Can he be a 1? maybe, but not lets jump the gun just because he had a few good games

--- Added 3/15/2009 at 06:18 PM ---

we aren't bringing in anybody. steelers would rather drop macfadden and washington and throw a big bag of dough at the biggest baddest most exciting o-line in the league then take advantage of free agency.

I call it being financially smart. We see it year after year. And we always have a good team. These teams that strap themselves for cash, and play just for today, don`t win many big ones. We have all the key players, we need some reinforcements. I will be dissapointed if we have the exact same line as last season

Sir Blitzelot
03-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Aside from needing a cornerback to replace McFadden, I think the Steelers are in pretty good shape heading in to the draft next month. They just need add depth at certain positions, and fix up the offensive line. Wide receiver should not be a top priority. There is no need to throw money at a player who plays a position that we don't necessarily need help at.

DIESELMAN
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
He has a history of injuries and really was bad in Carolina last year....I say pass......
:plus1: He can't stay healthy to save his life.....how about we quit talkin about bringing these scrubs in here. I know its the offseason but c'mon now.

Zachintosh66
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
stick w sweed

steelers4life66
03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I hope Sweed can be a number three, but so far, he seems far from it! Hopefully the coaches know where he`ll be! I say lets get a number 1 or 2. Lets face it, I love Hines Ward, but his better days are behind him. He would be a very productive 3, and stay healthier. Holmes is a good 2. Yeah he looked great in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, but really, overall his production wasn`t reminscent of a 1. Can he be a 1? maybe, but not lets jump the gun just because he had a few good games

--- Added 3/15/2009 at 06:18 PM ---

I call it being financially smart. We see it year after year. And we always have a good team. These teams that strap themselves for cash, and play just for today, don`t win many big ones. We have all the key players, we need some reinforcements. I will be dissapointed if we have the exact same line as last season

From what I've herd we will have the same line as last year.