PDA

View Full Version : Donte Stallworth Accident In Florida

SteelerBee43
03-14-2009, 03:32 PM
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police in Miami Beach say Cleveland Browns (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cleveland-browns) wide receiver Donte Stallworth has hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley.

Police spokesman Juan Sanchez says Stallworth hit a man crossing the busy causeway that links downtown Miami with Miami Beach around 7 a.m. Saturday.
The man was pronounced dead at a trauma center. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.
Stallworth is cooperating and no charges have been filed. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine. Police say it's too early to tell if Stallworth was violating traffic laws.
The 28-year-old former New England Patriot signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cleveland-browns) as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt.

steelers4life66
03-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Holy sheep! Wonder if he'll get a man slaughter charge? Were I'm from you hit a pedestrian, in a crosswalk or not your going to have a hard time getting out of it.

SteelerBee43
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Its a sad situation for all and if his tox screen comes back positive he his screwed..

Silverback 92
03-14-2009, 08:14 PM
wow truly a sad story,hoping the tox thing comes back clean

lloydfan4life
03-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree. What a sad situation. :evilshake:

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Shame. But it's too early to tell. It might have been the pedestrians fault. I highly doubt Donte was drunk at 7am.

DIESELMAN
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas.He's toast.....

SteelersWoman
03-15-2009, 12:57 AM
I would think that something would have to come of it, since you're required to keep your vehicle under control at all times. Even if you hit black ice and slide into something, you get cited.

But even if he's not cited, I'm betting this man's family will sue for quite a large sum of money.

Stairwayto7
03-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Listening to the ESPN, it was near a legal cross walk, but it sure didn`t look like an area for a cross walk, it looked like a high way! What would a man be doing walking even that close to or on a high way?

I watched a show once on how some people committ suicide jumping in front of trains or cars, or trying to intimidate police so that they shoot. I hope it wasn`t something like that, that ruins the person who was driving.

I hope it wasn`t Stalworths fault, no matter what team he plays for, thats to much guilt for antyone to live with! And RIP to the pedistrian.

K Train
03-15-2009, 01:57 PM
being it was stallworth he probably had a pulled hamstring....you should never drive with a pulled hamstring

HUNT4SEVEN
03-15-2009, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Stairwayto7;285846]Listening to the ESPN, it was near a legal cross walk, but it sure didn`t look like an area for a cross walk, it looked like a high way! What would a man be doing walking even that close to or on a high way?

I watched a show once on how some people committ suicide jumping in front of trains or cars, or trying to intimidate police so that they shoot. I hope it wasn`t something like that, that ruins the person who was driving.

I hope it wasn`t Stalworths fault, no matter what team he plays for, thats to much guilt for antyone to live with!

:yellowthumb: yea i agree 100%.:yesnod:

Silverback 92
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Stairwayto7;285846]Listening to the ESPN, it was near a legal cross walk, but it sure didn`t look like an area for a cross walk, it looked like a high way! What would a man be doing walking even that close to or on a high way?

I hope it wasn`t Stalworths fault, no matter what team he plays for, thats to much guilt for antyone to live with!

:yellowthumb: yea i agree 100%.:yesnod:

yeah you dont want some one living with that guilt

TampaSteelGirl
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I will say this...people down here are crazy!! I don't know if he was walking on a crosswalk or not. I"m wondering if he had a green light and this guy started walking out in front of him..These people who ride bikes down here will ride right out in front of you. You have to be such a causious driver these days...NOt to mention that running red lights are such a problem at least down here it is....You can be sitting at a green light for 5-10 seconds and people are still turning on a freakin red light!! It's bad! Floridians are color blind!!! :lol:

While I feel bad for the man and the family who lost his life I hope Donte is innocent, what a horrible thing to have to live with..

Stairwayto7
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Looks like Stalworth will be charged

NBCSports.com news services
updated 28 minutes ago
Miami police will charge Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth for killing a pedestrian as he was driving early Saturday morning, Yahoo! Sports reported, citing two sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Stallworth could be charged with vehicular manslaughter and reckless driving, among the possible charges, Yahoo! said.

“The police seem pretty confident that they’re going to charge him,” an NFL source told Yahoo! "… Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he’s going to be charged with something, regardless.”

TampaSteelGirl
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
OMG!!! This is really bad!!!

steelers4life66
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I will say this...people down here are crazy!! I don't know if he was walking on a crosswalk or not. I"m wondering if he had a green light and this guy started walking out in front of him..These people who ride bikes down here will ride right out in front of you. You have to be such a causious driver these days...NOt to mention that running red lights are such a problem at least down here it is....You can be sitting at a green light for 5-10 seconds and people are still turning on a freakin red light!! It's bad! Floridians are color blind!!! :lol:

While I feel bad for the man and the family who lost his life I hope Donte is innocent, what a horrible thing to have to live with..

Back when I was a truck driver I went to Florida a lot. For me, it was the Cubans. They'd run stop sighs and everything else.

Dean Denton
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
This is really sad, but It happens all the time. We only hear about it because its a pro athlete. Did any of you hear about the little girl that was smashed by the Camero last week by my house? She was 11. Drunk *** hole just hoped the curb and put her through the Pawn ex-change window. That was three miles from my house. The little girl went to school with my daughter.

Stairwayto7
03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
This is really sad, but It happens all the time. We only hear about it because its a pro athlete. Did any of you hear about the little girl that was smashed by the Camero last week by my house? She was 11. Drunk *** hole just hoped the curb and put her through the Pawn ex-change window. That was three miles from my house. The little girl went to school with my daughter.

Didn`t hear that, where are you located/ Tragic nonetheless!

Dean Denton
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Didn`t hear that, where are you located/ Tragic nonetheless!Seattle/Shoreline area.

Stairwayto7
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
CLEVELAND -- Charges against Browns receiver Donte Stallworth for killing a man while driving on a Miami Beach causeway Saturday morning would not be filed sooner than Friday, said a Miami Beach police spokesman.
Miami Beach police detective Juan Sanchez said that a blood test from a sample drawn from Stallworth at the scene of the accident won't be known until Friday at the earliest.

"We need to find what type of impairment, if any, there was," Sanchez said Monday afternoon. "I'm not even sure the blood work is over there yet. Our lead officer in this case who would be handling the evidence was in trial (on an unrelated case) this morning."

Stallworth's blood will be analyzed for traces of alcohol and drugs at the Miami-Dade County laboratory.

PsychoWard
03-16-2009, 09:32 PM
damn that sucks!!!

Stairwayto7
03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Stalworth was legally drunk!

--- Added 3/19/2009 at 03:48 PM ---

LEVELAND -- Browns receiver Donte Stallworth was driving drunk when he struck and killed a pedestrian last Saturday morning, a source with knowledge of the situation told the Miami Herald Thursday.
The source said Stallworth's blood alcohol was above the legal limit when he hit Mario Reyes, 59, with his Bentley. A Miami television station, WSVN, reported that Stallworth's blood alcohol level was 0.12 percent, which is over the legal limit of .08 percent.

Miami Beach Detective Juan Sanchez, the department's spokesman said, "That has not been released or confirmed by us. They went with that story without confirming it with us.''

Sanchez added that although results of the toxicology report are due Friday, "we will not be releasing those results until we make an arrest.''

According to WSVN's report, authorities said they are waiting to see when and where Stallworth will turn himself in. The station said Stallworth faces a DUI manslaughter charge which carries a 15-year sentence in jail if convicted.

Robert Switkes, Stallworth's civil attorney, told the Herald he had not seen the toxicology report.

''I have not seen them, and I have no comment,'' he said.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-19-2009, 04:51 PM
wow..if that's true..he's screwed and rightfully so. All that money and can't get a DD or call a cab?? :evilshake:

PsychoWard
03-19-2009, 05:51 PM
wow..if that's true..he's screwed and rightfully so. All that money and can't get a DD or call a cab?? :evilshake:

no **** if he is convicted he deserves everything he gets and probably more, cause its usually not enough!

Dean Denton
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Who drinks that early in the morning? Why are these losers still driving drunk? I dont get it. Even I take a cab if I get to schmackled....

Sir Blitzelot
03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Well he can kiss his NFL career goodbye.

JoeThomas
03-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Who drinks that early in the morning? Why are these losers still driving drunk? I dont get it. Even I take a cab if I get to schmackled....

to him 7 am is about bedtime. thats why. he was just getting done partying. wrong place wrong time. i bet he gets a long time in jail. but i bet it wont be 15 years.

steelers4life66
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Ya, If he was indeed legally drunk he's carrier could be over.

TampaSteelGirl
03-20-2009, 09:25 AM

Most definately!!

I can't understand, these guys make a ton of money and can't afford a freakin cab or even a Limo at that!! Stupid move! I feel bad for the family of the guy who was killed...

JoeThomas
03-20-2009, 09:42 AM
my guess is he was out partying and then was at an after party or friends house then came home and thats when it happened. it will all come out. brown or no brown. he does something like that he deserves what he gets.

steelersgal86
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow...that sucks...I was really hoping he was not drinking....

Stairwayto7
03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Now they are saying he was twice the legal limit!

--- Added 3/20/2009 at 09:55 AM ---

Most definately!!

I can't understand, these guys make a ton of money and can't afford a freakin cab or even a Limo at that!! Stupid move! I feel bad for the family of the guy who was killed...

I hate to differ, but thats what I do, not as well as Dean, but anyway. I see the list in our local paper weekly, of the convicted Driving Under the Influence, people. I would say that 99.0% Are probably not millionaires, but 95% could afford a cab. So what does bad judgement have to do with money? I local cab ride home might be less than $20, big deal, if you have a car, your out drinking, you could afford a cab. poor judgement is poor judgemnt no matter how much $$$$$$ you have.

PsychoWard
03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
personally I think the problem is these guys make sooo much money that they have to flaunt it and want to be seen in there high dollar cars! I mean look he hit and killed the guy driving a Bentley. and instead of renting a limo or even pay a friend to be a dd they rather risk everying just to show off! Pretty foolish if you ask me!

TampaSteelGirl
03-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Now they are saying he was twice the legal limit!

--- Added 3/20/2009 at 09:55 AM ---

I hate to differ, but thats what I do, not as well as Dean, but anyway. I see the list in our local paper weekly, of the convicted Driving Under the Influence, people. I would say that 99.0% Are probably not millionaires, but 95% could afford a cab. So what does bad judgement have to do with money? I local cab ride home might be less than $20, big deal, if you have a car, your out drinking, you could afford a cab. poor judgement is poor judgemnt no matter how much $$$$$$ you have.

Yea you're right...:yellowthumb:

JoeThomas
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
its a joke. it really is. im still really hoping the report comes back clean. the po po still havent confirmed it.

PsychoWard
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
its a joke. it really is. im still really hoping the report comes back clean. the po po still havent confirmed it.

just heard on Cleveland news that now they are saying it was .14! and that he is going to turn himself in

lloydfan4life
03-20-2009, 03:38 PM
This jerk needs to be stood in an intersection while the family of the victim gets to run him down. I have absolutely zero tolerance for drunks who f*ckin' take the wheel and kill someone!! My children's step dad was on a motorcycle and was t-boned by a drunk who ran a red light and fled, leaving him laying on the road to die.

steelers4life66
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
This jerk needs to be stood in an intersection while the family of the victim gets to run him down. I have absolutely zero tolerance for drunks who f*ckin' take the wheel and kill someone!! My children's step dad was on a motorcycle and was t-boned by a drunk who ran a red light and fled, leaving him laying on the road to die.

S.O.B, Did they ever catch the guy? I ride, you have to pay attention theirs a lot of stupid people out there. It's really bad where I live. Big tourist town. You get a lot of people that don't know were their going looking around at different **** not paying attention to the f"ing road.

Dean Denton
03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
personally I think the problem is these guys make sooo much money that they have to flaunt it and want to be seen in there high dollar cars! I mean look he hit and killed the guy driving a Bentley. and instead of renting a limo or even pay a friend to be a dd they rather risk everying just to show off! Pretty foolish if you ask me!
I think they all have small peckers and this is there way of dealing with it. They get drunk, and drive their fancy cars to show everyone they have a small package...That is just what I think. doesn't make it so, but they cant prove me wrong, so i'm sticking with it.

lloydfan4life
03-21-2009, 07:46 AM
S.O.B, Did they ever catch the guy? I ride, you have to pay attention theirs a lot of stupid people out there. It's really bad where I live. Big tourist town. You get a lot of people that don't know were their going looking around at different **** not paying attention to the f"ing road.

yes, they did. the guy got like 3 years in jail & Wade is dead forever. go figure!

Link to the Article (http://www.deadlyroads.com/memorial/wadefleming.html)

steelers4life66
03-21-2009, 10:35 AM
yes, they did. the guy got like 3 years in jail & Wade is dead forever. go figure!

Link to the Article (http://www.deadlyroads.com/memorial/wadefleming.html)

Man thats BS. Everything they charged him with you'd think he would have been doing at least 12 to 15 on a manslaughter charge.