PDA

View Full Version : Kiper and McShay's Steeler Picks

Zachintosh66
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
32. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Kiper pick: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut -- Butler might not be as good as Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins, but he should be a good fit for the defending champs.

McShay pick: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest -- Offensive line no longer is the pressing need it once was for the Steelers, so they can address other needs. Smith lacks ideal size and elite top-end speed, but he's a physical corner with excellent instincts and ball skills.

DCBill
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Not crazy about either of those guys; have to see who else is on the board at #32.

I still would be looking OL-DL.

K Train
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
i hope not

BlackGold4vr
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
These guys never get the Steelers picks right. I like the fact that they picked these guys for that very reason! :yellowthumb:

MillerTime83
03-13-2009, 08:43 AM
I wouldnt be mad with Butler. I see him going way earlier though like in the 20-27 range. The only reason he is rated so low is because he didnt have a stat happy senior season and thats because they didnt throw his way. Only way im mad with Butler is if Jackson or Beatty is there.

K Train
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
im pretty anti corner in the first round every year but this year especially with there being over 10 corners that will go in rounds 2 and 3. if his name isnt vontae hes not worth a first round pick to me. vontae is ****ing nasty, while these guys are all like leon hall, ty hill, jonathan joseph who are all bum *** corners that go much higher than they should.

SteelerRush
03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
im pretty anti corner in the first round every year but this year especially with there being over 10 corners that will go in rounds 2 and 3. if his name isnt vontae hes not worth a first round pick to me. vontae is ****ing nasty, while these guys are all like leon hall, ty hill, jonathan joseph who are all bum *** corners that go much higher than they should.
I agree. I think we can wait on a CB in the first. Although OL - DL would be my preference, we all know the Steelers will pick whoever is there highest rated can't miss player in RND 1.