PDA

View Full Version : Joe Jurevicius cut today!

Stairwayto7
03-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Joe Jurevicius, anyone interested in giving him a look? I would think there is no harm in trying him out, I know he didn`t play at all last season, knee! Mostly because of infection. He is a big target, with sure hands! He would have to be reasonably cheap!

JoeThomas
03-12-2009, 08:12 AM
with our lack of wr depth, something might still be wrong. no idea though. its a shame. a hometown guy who wanted to go out his own way. i wouldnt be surprised if he signed back later. but if he is healthy, he helps any team he is on.

TampaSteelGirl
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
with our lack of wr depth, something might still be wrong. no idea though. its a shame. a hometown guy who wanted to go out his own way. i wouldnt be surprised if he signed back later. but if he is healthy, he helps any team he is on.

Well considering the horrible case of Staph infection in his knee, he would have had a good career at Cleveland....I"d love for him to be a Steeler...I know my husband would get his jersey...

Stairwayto7
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
If we had him, and we made the Superowl, that would mean that he played on 5 teams, and cleveland was the only team that didn`t go to the big game with him there!

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I think he's worth taking a look at. Good hands. How old is he now?

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I think he's worth taking a look at. Good hands. How old is he now?

35 i believe. Definately not a spring chicken.

Dee Mca
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Not really against the guy but coming from the browns that had the massive Staph infection problem. Do we really want that in our locker room? Get medical clearence to play and knowledge of how not to spread it since he is a carrier of it. Sure sign him up.

Silverback 92
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
ex seahawk ex stain 35 yrs old PASS

Stairwayto7
03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
ex seahawk ex stain 35 yrs old PASS

4 teams 3 superbowls!

HUNT4SEVEN
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
His greedy @$$ wouldn't take an pay cut, he sucks anyways:yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I say hell no.....Are you people blind or don't have a clue?......Jurevicius is coming off a nasty staph infection....Plus he isn't a deep threat and really he never was....He was a solid WR in his day but I don't want the Steelers to have nothing to do with Joe...lol I rather see them sign Joey Galloway........

K Train
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
he would quite simply be one of the worst signings we could possibly consider

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
he would quite simply be one of the worst signings we could possibly consider
WHAT???? Because he had staff infection? That crap heals, and he's better then our 4, 5 and 6 WR. Why not let him beat one of those losers out. Its not like he gets a top 3 spot, or takes over as the #1 WR. Our back ups are garbage, and we could use a sure handed guy. I dont think just giving him a look will hurt. Cant be worse then whats already there.

Zachintosh66
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM
i seen this thread coming a mile away :lol:

K Train
03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
WHAT???? Because he had staff infection? That crap heals, and he's better then our 4, 5 and 6 WR. Why not let him beat one of those losers out. Its not like he gets a top 3 spot, or takes over as the #1 WR. Our back ups are garbage, and we could use a sure handed guy. I dont think just giving him a look will hurt. Cant be worse then whats already there.

it really ravaged his knee in a terrible way...not only will he never be the same (he wasnt that good when he was the same) but hes old as **** and the ****ing browns cut him, if he wasnt better than steptoe and cribbs who are the 4 and 5s there why the hell would we have room for him here?

Dean Denton
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
it really ravaged his knee in a terrible way...not only will he never be the same (he wasnt that good when he was the same) but hes old as **** and the ****ing browns cut him, if he wasnt better than steptoe and cribbs who are the 4 and 5s there why the hell would we have room for him here? good point..never mind. I always liked his swagger though. Played with passion. but if he's broke, then its over....

JoeThomas
03-13-2009, 12:02 PM
His greedy @$$ wouldn't take an pay cut, he sucks anyways:yesnod:

he offered to play for the veterens minimum of 850k. they still cut him. something is either still wrong or he is done. we wouldnt cut him for another reason.