PDA

View Full Version : New Top Four Picks!!

DCBill
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
1) Tyson Jackson, DE

2) Luis Vasquez, OL

3) Ron Brace, DL, and if he's not there, T.J. Lang, OL

Here is where I think the Steelers receive a "comp pick" between Roudns 3 and 4 and choose...

4) Johnny Knox, WR/KR

K Train
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
brace is going in the second round and he would be a bad fit for us anyway

steelcityrockers
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Brace actually wouldn't be a bad NT

K Train
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
i think drafting him as a NT is rolling the dice. i think he'll be the cowboys frst pick anyway

if i was gonna take a chance on someone being a decent NT i would say taylor from michigan would be the better pickup

DCBill
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I thought Grace could play either NT or DE, in a 3-4.

--- Added 3/10/2009 at 10:41 PM ---

Shame on me, I meant "Brace."

darnik44
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Brace could be a good 3-4 fit if he were available later on. He's a "tweener" as a 3-4 prospect because he's not ideal to play DE or NT, but could probably find a home at one of those spots. To get Brace they would have to take him in the 1st, or trade down from #32, or trade up from #64. None of those moves would be worth doing for a guy who's position is unclear.

I rank him as a DE in my 3-4 prospect rankings.

MillerTime83
03-12-2009, 03:58 AM
Rather get T.J. Lang he can play any O line position. He will be the only guy that I like if we dont get Beatty/Mack/Robinson/Lewis. Im starting to think that we might not go O line 1st round now.

darnik44
03-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Rather get T.J. Lang he can play any O line position. He will be the only guy that I like if we dont get Beatty/Mack/Robinson/Lewis. Im starting to think that we might not go O line 1st round now.

They might go OL in the first and they might not. All depends on who's available. Everyone needs to understand the Steelers will not enter the draft with any one particular position in mind for the first round or any other rounds. It's all about the best player available that fits a need each time they make a pick. I can tell you with a lot of certainty that Alex Mack, Duke Robinson, and Eben Britton will not be considered at #32. The only offensive linemen that will be considered are the top 5 OT's (all likely gone), and possibly Eric Wood or Max Unger but I think they have to be considered longshots.

MillerTime83
03-12-2009, 12:04 PM
They might go OL in the first and they might not. All depends on who's available. Everyone needs to understand the Steelers will not enter the draft with any one particular position in mind for the first round or any other rounds. It's all about the best player available that fits a need each time they make a pick. I can tell you with a lot of certainty that Alex Mack, Duke Robinson, and Eben Britton will not be considered at #32. The only offensive linemen that will be considered are the top 5 OT's (all likely gone), and possibly Eric Wood or Max Unger but I think they have to be considered longshots.

Come on KENNY BRITT!

darnik44
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Come on KENNY BRITT!

Very possible.

DCBill
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Britton I understand, but--I am curious--why no Mack or Robinson?

Also, do you think Beatty is gone at #32?

K Train
03-14-2009, 02:30 PM
i think beatty will be long gone....recent showings have mack and robinson slipping alot imo