PDA

View Full Version : Joey Galloway Visits the Steelers

Iron City South
03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I like this. Now Galloway isn't a spring chicken by any means, but as far as a veteran coming in and competing for the #3 spot .... I'm all for it. :yellowthumb:

Galloway is in great shape and still has tremendous speed.

http://postgazette.com/pg/09068/954275-66.stm

Dako
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
37?..... pass

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
The guy was cut by the Seahawks...pass.

Captcoolhand
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I like to know more about Martin Nance (how's he doing now) who even our QB/played with, tried to get to come here in the 1st place 2 yrs ago. :scratch:

We have a few WR to step up if this season is Tomlins way of saying "lets rebuild now" :thinking:

TEEMONT
03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
We already have one aging superstar WR, we don't need two.

TampaSteelGirl
03-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Drops too many balls for my choice!!! No thank you!

LarryNJ
03-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll pass on him, I didn't even realize he was still in the league.

BR7
03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Pass as well.

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I say run, then pass...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Well considering our WR corp consists of only 2 veterans right now that have any significant playing experience having a guy like Galloway come in on certain situations and plus being a vet who's seen it all and done it all I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, maybe a 2 yr deal.

DIESELMAN
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Old and has gotten injury prone the past few years. No thanks!!

Iron City South
03-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Well considering our WR corp consists of only 2 veterans right now that have any significant playing experience having a guy like Galloway come in on certain situations and plus being a vet who's seen it all and done it all I wouldn't mind having him for the right price, maybe a 2 yr deal.

The only guy in this entire thread other than myself to get the right answer ....

:plus1:

Should we sign Galloway, I'll be first in line to feed each of you a steaming hot plate of humble pie every time he makes a grab. :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
If nothing else he's insurance in case Sweed struggles early on again; Nate was no sure thing but he did make some big catches for us. If Sweed can't atleast do that much we're going to be in trouble. Plus Hines, for the last few years has missed atleast a couple games for a hamstring injury so we better make sure we have atleast 1 more sure fire WR target for Ben in some capacity. It's not like we need Galloway to be a starter for 16 games so even if he does get dinged up it wouldn't be the end of the world, plus he'll come pretty cheap too.

TEEMONT
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
The only guy in this entire thread other than myself to get the right answer ....

:plus1:

Should we sign Galloway, I'll be first in line to feed each of you a steaming hot plate of humble pie every time he makes a grab. :greengrin:

you must be really flexible, b/c you suck your own dick a lot. signing Galloway (which probably won't happen) is only going to hinder the progress of Sweed. Sweed seems to be a typical fragile, Texas headcase. Bringing in Galloway is going to tell him they don't have the confidence in him to be the 3rd guy.

Unless of course you're considering Galloway as a 4th guy, which I really don't think he would go for.

AZ_Steeler
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Galloway would be a great addition... Kind of like a Lee Mays. Plus he's from just across the border, Bellaire OH :bigthumb:

BR7
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Galloway would contribute as much as another ageless one we signed back in '02. Terrance Mathis. 23/218/2, all those impressive stats at the age of 35. Ward, ARE, Plax, and Lee Mays were the other WRs.

I just don't think Galloway would amount to much, even as an insurance policy.

Galloway would be a great addition... Kind of like a Lee Mays.

Mays impressive stat sheet. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MaysLe00.htm
Mays was a bum.

TEEMONT
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Galloway would be a great addition... Kind of like a Lee Mays. Plus he's from just across the border, Bellaire OH :bigthumb:

lol...wow you think Galloway is that good...we should e-mail him and tell him someone compared him to Lee mays....lol

BlackGold4vr
03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
We are so afraid in Steeler Nation to fail that we have this notion we must coddle our highest draft picks and ease them into their playing time. Yet the proven losers who have failed at their jobs we are reluctant to get rid of! I don't understand this mentality. Throw Sweed in there and if he fails you cut him next year. Bringing in recycled veterans to further impede on his development is ridiculous. The guy dropped a couple passes......so what! How many passes has he been thrown? Is the number even double digit? Good thing our lineman weren't held to this standard for missing blocks or we wouldn't have any left!

:yesnod:

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll say it again....He was cut by the Seahawks....pass, punt or drop kick him...no!!! Theres lots of veteran WR we could pick up.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
We are so afraid in Steeler Nation to fail that we have this notion we must coddle our highest draft picks and ease them into their playing time. Yet the proven losers who have failed at their jobs we are reluctant to get rid of! I don't understand this mentality. Throw Sweed in there and if he fails you cut him next year. Bringing in recycled veterans to further impede on his development is ridiculous. The guy dropped a couple passes......so what! How many passes has he been thrown? Is the number even double digit? Good thing our lineman weren't held to this standard for missing blocks or we wouldn't have any left!

:yesnod:

Exactly!

It's time for Sweed to take control of his football future, the opportunity will be there this year for him to get on the field every week. In his mind he should have been a 1st round so it's time for him to play like one. He had a rough rookie year, many players do especially at WR so he's not alone but coddling him is not the answer either. Bring in Galloway if you want but it shouldn't affect Sweed's mentality in any way other than make him focus even more on his craft to keep his #3 spot that he'll be penciled into.

seth_westover
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
if we can sign him for the vet min. salary, he would be a great signing just for mentoring! he could teach the younger guys some things and can still put up some pretty good numbers! but if we cannot get him for the vet min. then id have to say pass as well! we have more pressing needs!

SteelerRush
03-09-2009, 01:46 PM
No thanks let Sweed get his shot and draft another wideout in the latter rounds.

--- Added 3/9/2009 at 12:46 PM ---

We already have Hines Ward teaching these young guys. Look what he did with Nate Washington. Sweed needs playing time, Ward will help get him ready for game day.

DIESELMAN
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Likewise, if we sign him and he misses snaps and games because he's hurt and can't contribute, you'll be fed the same steaming hot plate. :greengrin:

K Train
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
hes like 10 years too late....

irony would be him going to dallas

LatrobePA
03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
hes like 10 years too late....

irony would be him going to dallas

LOL, there or the Pats...

K Train
03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
well do you remember when they gave up 2 first rounders for him after irvin and he did basically nothing for them and then walked, now hes 35 and so is TO...it would just be ironic lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 02:24 PM
He wants a championship so I expect him to sign with a contender for sure and we're definitely in that category. He won't be asking for big money so it's a risk worth taking if we can do it IMO.

AZ_Steeler
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm not saying Lee Mays was good... I'm just saying Mays was a decent role player when given the chance. Yes, the Steelers have a veteran in Ward but Galloway would be far better than Mays by far.

Iron City South
03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
It's all about being in right system fellas. Year after year we hear about players who are labeled "Washed up ... over the hill .... beyond their prime" etc., etc., And year after year you always have a few that fly in the face of adversity and defy the media perpetuated criticism against them by performing beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

All I know is that Galloway is a proven veteran with good hands and still damn good speed. He may not be running 4.26's anymore, but I'll bet he's still under 4.4. His body has always been his temple so you know he's in damn good shape.

Silverback 92
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
he needs us way more than we need him / PASS/

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-09-2009, 02:57 PM
If he can also return kicks , and or, punts, then why not bring him in for a try. Add some spice to the pursuit.Long as he don't ask for too much!

Bucsfan4ever
03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
It's all about being in right system fellas. Year after year we hear about players who are labeled "Washed up ... over the hill .... beyond their prime" etc., etc., And year after year you always have a few that fly in the face of adversity and defy the media perpetuated criticism against them by performing beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

All I know is that Galloway is a proven veteran with good hands and still damn good speed. He may not be running 4.26's anymore, but I'll bet he's still under 4.4. His body has always been his temple so you know he's in damn good shape.

This is true...Sure, Antonio Bryant was great last year but I would have liked to have seen Galloway on the other side but that wasn't meant to be with Gruden. I think he'd make a great addition to the Steelers...a great mentor, great locker room teammate and you wouldn't be taking a big cap hit.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I think he would be good pick up.

He would come in wanting to win a championship.

He can still run and get deep.

Plus he is an Ohio St. guy so maybe him and Holmes want to play together. If this is a stop-gap measure for a favorable deal until our young guys (including potential draft pick) can develop, I'm all for it.

K Train
03-09-2009, 04:05 PM
lol @ galloway returning kicks....no way grandpa would be playing ST at this point in his career

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
lol @ galloway returning kicks....no way grandpa would be playing ST at this point in his career Where the hell have you been all day?????

K Train
03-09-2009, 04:29 PM
this thread is ridiculous for a few reasons...

1. hes visiting, people make that out to be we have him locked up already, just like god forbid the steelers send a scout to a small school that must mean they want to draft every player on their roster. this **** happens all the time, free agents visit teams exploring their options.

2. at this point in his career he would play the charlie batch role as a WR. he had a terrific season 2 years ago but couldnt barely run last year, he was hardly on the field. antonio bryant is incredibly overrated, a few nice catches and all of a sudden hes jerry rice.

3. galloway is well over 100 years old, he wouldnt come in and compete for a starting job, he would find it difficult to get on the field period....all he wants in a ring and he would simply ride the steelers into the sunset until he just retired, steelers will contend next year and he knows that, at this point its not about stats and probowl or even money...he just wants to win.

Prosdo
03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
He's too old. I rather them bring in a younger guy. He would provide good vet leadership, but we already have that in Hines.

Bucsfan4ever
03-09-2009, 04:47 PM
he wants in a ring and he would simply ride the steelers into the sunset until he just retired, steelers will contend next year and he knows that, at this point its not about stats and probowl or even money...he just wants to win.

I hope to think 99% of football players WANT to win! Anyway, don't they have to be INVITED to visit?...I doubt very much that he's forcing them to talk!

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 04:48 PM

1. hes visiting, people make that out to be we have him locked up already, just like god forbid the steelers send a scout to a small school that must mean they want to draft every player on their roster. this **** happens all the time, free agents visit teams exploring their options.

2. at this point in his career he would play the charlie batch role as a WR. he had a terrific season 2 years ago but couldnt barely run last year, he was hardly on the field. antonio bryant is incredibly overrated, a few nice catches and all of a sudden hes jerry rice.

3. galloway is well over 100 years old, he wouldnt come in and compete for a starting job, he would find it difficult to get on the field period....all he wants in a ring and he would simply ride the steelers into the sunset until he just retired, steelers will contend next year and he knows that, at this point its not about stats and probowl or even money...he just wants to win.

Nobody expects him to compete for a starting job nobody on here even suggested that. We arent retarded enough to think that Galloway is going to unseed guys like Holmes and Ward as the starting wideouts on this team. However, if he stays healthy and is brought in here for a year for a good price to be even a 4th wideout and help a guy like Sweed out even more then what's the harm in that. As Ive been saying on this board ever since the Steelers won the Super Bowl I believe next season is the Steelers best chance to win another Super Bowl over the course of the next 2-3 seasons. I say this because the division is going to once again be awful next season, the schedule is ridiculously easy and not hard at all it has 12-13 wins written all over it, and most importantly it's really going to be the last year I believe that the core of last years Super Bowl team and even the Super Bowl team of 2005 are going to be on this team and playing at a high level. After this season guys like Hines,Deshea,Keisel,Hampton,Clark, and even guys like Miller and Harrison who I am sure are going to be resigned their contracts are all up. Plus, you also factor in that guys like Aaron Smith and James Farrior arent getting any younger on D, and the o-line is still not great , next season is the Steelers best chance to get another Super Bowl championship.

So if bringing a guy in like Joey Galloway for a year is enough according to the front office and Kevin Colbert to sure up the wide receiving core for the 2009 season and help them win a ring then you do it. The window of opportunity to win for the Steelers again is now with the current team they have in 2009. And dont get me wrong while drafting players for the future and getting younger is very important I believe they still need to go into this thing with year by year approach I feel and do whatever they need to do in 2009 to make sure that this team has the best possible chance to win another Super Bowl next season because they realistically do.

K Train
03-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I hope to think 99% of football players WANT to win! Anyway, don't they have to be INVITED to visit?...I doubt very much that he's forcing them to talk!

well wanting to win and putting yourself in a position too is completely different. maybe joeys agent contacted the steelers, who knows how it went down, the steelers arent gonna turn down just talking to a player that wants a chance to contribute and being a role player, even if its a small role. im not saying i would be against this signing, but i think around final cuts he would have a hard time securing a roster spot

Zachintosh66
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
if he signs a small contract im fine with the move

Everyone else on the roster under Hines and Holmes is completly unproven in every fassett of the game. Id call it an insurance policy.

Who is to say it isnt another above-average players using the Steelers as a ploy to get more money from another team...

Stairwayto7
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I think he could help fill in for Washington, but his age, drug problems a few years ago etc. Not sure its worth more than a one year deal!

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
What part of Seattle cutting him dont you all get? He could fetch water for the real WR on this team and thats it.

K Train
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
he hasnt played for seattle in 10 years, you must be talking about tampa bay

HUNT4SEVEN
03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
He wants a championship so I expect him to sign with a contender for sure and we're definitely in that category. He won't be asking for big money so it's a risk worth taking if we can do it IMO.
Yep i agree T.G:yellowthumb: becuase if he's healthy he can be that 3rd reciever with the speed he has with one on one coverage an he can do some damage:yesnod:plus he will come cheap:yesnod: an have an very good chance of getting his ring an retiring an Super bowl Champion:tt02:

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
he hasnt played for seattle in 10 years, you must be talking about tampa bay
No, i'm talking about Seattle. They cut his *** 10 years ago. He was ok then. Not so much since then. I think they took him in the 1st round..What a bust..Never lived up to the hype. He's like Korin Robinson. BUST.....

steelcitysfinestXL
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
My only problem is... our 3rd WR right now is unproven to say the least and on the grandest stage he didnt even sniff the field after he saw decent action in the AFCCG and blew about every opportunity he had all year! I think/hope Sweed is gonna live up to the pedigree he had out of TEXAS. Then after him we have....*crickets* Im not sold that Galloway is the best answer but we're gonna need some wide-out depth. Heaven forbid Hines or Holmes goes down if we go into the season as is plus a late round draft pick!

K Train
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
they took him 8th overall and traded him for the cowboys 2000 and 2001 first round picks. Seattle used those picks on alexander and ironically due to your comparison koren robinson. He hasnt been a bust but hes had a stable career....definitely not 8th overall worthy but that was in 1995 lol

K Train
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
My only problem is... our 3rd WR right now is unproven to say the least and on the grandest stage he didnt even sniff the field after he saw decent action in the AFCCG and blew about every opportunity he had all year! I think/hope Sweed is gonna live up to the pedigree he had out of TEXAS. Then after him we have....*crickets* Im not sold that Galloway is the best answer but we're gonna need some wide-out depth. Heaven forbid Hines or Holmes goes down if we go into the season as is plus a late round draft pick!

sweed is gonna tear up the league...he was on the field in only one game last year and that was the afcc game and imo he had a game, any other time he was playing it was just mop up duty, he was the unsung hero in that game despite one deep drop. i hate how people cant move on from that, im sure sweed has and if he hasnt i would be worried

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
they took him 8th overall and traded him for the cowboys 2000 and 2001 first round picks. Seattle used those picks on alexander and ironically due to your comparison koren robinson. He hasnt been a bust but hes had a stable career....definitely not 8th overall worthy but that was in 1995 lol I dont want any Seattle Seahawk reject snooping around the Steeler facility. He will infect our team with a loser mentality, and I want no part of him. i would rather have T.O and Farve trying to land with us, then anyone from Seattle.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
G Rec Yards YPG YPC LNG YAC TD
2006 Tampa Bay 16 62 1057 66.1 17.0 64 4.8 7
2007 Tampa Bay 15 57 1014 67.6 17.8 69 6.8 6

Here are his stats in 2006 and 2007 before last season on the Bucs. If you look at his numbers he put up back to back 1,000 yard seasons there and has a very good average per catch. If he stays healthy he still has proven over the course of the last 2-3 seasons he can put up decent numbers if given the chance the stats dont lie here...

K Train
03-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I dont want any Seattle Seahawk reject snooping around the Steeler facility. He will infect our team with a loser mentality, and I want no part of him. i would rather have T.O and Farve trying to land with us, then anyone from Seattle.

i would have been thrilled with TO as a 1 year deal....im a big TO fan, hes "just trying to feed his kids" <--the quote to make me fall in love wit TO

K Train
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
G Rec Yards YPG YPC LNG YAC TD
2006 Tampa Bay 16 62 1057 66.1 17.0 64 4.8 7
2007 Tampa Bay 15 57 1014 67.6 17.8 69 6.8 6

Here are his stats in 2006 and 2007 before last season on the Bucs. If you look at his numbers he put up back to back 1,000 yard seasons there and has a very good average per catch. If he stays healthy he still has proven over the course of the last 2-3 seasons he can put up decent numbers if given the chance the stats dont lie here...

did you see him last year? no you didnt cause he couldnt get on the field

steelcityrockers
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Dean, you're ****ing retarded.

Last year he had 13 catches for 138 yards. I hate him because he failed my fantasy team.

However, I see nothing wrong with bringing him in because I'm pretty sure Sweed isn't quite ready. Plus, even at 37, he would immediately be the team's fastest (and oldest) player

K Train
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
he hasnt been fast in 2 years....i have a hard time thinking that holmes couldnt outrun a 100 year old man

steelcitysfinestXL
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
his last 3 seasons in TB (before injury riddled 08) were all over 1,000 yards and about 8 td's a season. He still has that deep speed and COULD be a good option as a 4th and an insurance option incase the worse should happen and Hines or Homes goes down. Plus take a look at the free agent pool of WR's and realize this guy may be one of the best of the rest!

Jerry Porter: 10 games played 180 rec.yds. 1 tds
Ronald Curry: 13 games played 180 rec.yds. 2 tds
Joey Galloway: 9 games played 140 rec.yds. 0 tds

Minus Marvin Harrison, D-Jack and a couple other guys on their way out, there isnt much in the way of "successful" careers. My personal opinion would be to go after a guy like Demetrius Williams who put up identical numbers to porter and curry but he is in his 4th season. A guy like that is solid enough to be a 4 and gives sweed a chance to prove himself and have a young guy behind him with SOME nfl experience.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
did you see him last year? no you didnt cause he couldnt get on the field

I know he was injured last year but those stats I posted up are only a year or two removed so it still shows that Galloway despite his age is capable of putting up decent number when he is healthy. Id rather have Galloway on this team for a 1 or 2 million for one season then get a mental case like TO who will destroy a team.

steelcityrockers
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
He could still probably run a high 4.3

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Thank god some of you guy's don't make the personell moves on this team. Thats all i can say. If he comes at areasonable price,i say bring him in. What harm could it do? Push a younger player to be better sooner? Bring him in and see what happens. I don't care where he came from if he can help our team be more shored-up. I can only hope that our staff feels the same way!!!!!!!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
03-09-2009, 06:10 PM
sweed is gonna tear up the league...he was on the field in only one game last year and that was the afcc game and imo he had a game, any other time he was playing it was just mop up duty, he was the unsung hero in that game despite one deep drop. i hate how people cant move on from that, im sure sweed has and if he hasnt i would be worried

Hey I'm rooting for the kid as much as u or anyone else. He looked like **** in about every chance he got on the field. He has shown, in college, he can be on hell of a wr. But until that translates into the nfl, i and anyone else has a right to be a bit skeptical. I have agreed with u, multiple times, quality game reps SHOULD make him emerge into the player he can be! Im more talking about injury to our 1 and 2 and the fact that sweed has proven nothing yet!

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Dean, you're ****ing retarded.

Last year he had 13 catches for 138 yards. I hate him because he failed my fantasy team.

However, I see nothing wrong with bringing him in because I'm pretty sure Sweed isn't quite ready. Plus, even at 37, he would immediately be the team's fastest (and oldest) player
Your calling me a retard and your the idiot that had that loser on your fantasy team...lol One who lives in glass houses should not cast stones...lol

K Train
03-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I know he was injured last year but those stats I posted up are only a year or two removed so it still shows that Galloway despite his age is capable of putting up decent number when he is healthy. Id rather have Galloway on this team for a 1 or 2 million for one season then get a mental case like TO who will destroy a team.

there comes a time when an old man is just that....an old man, he went out with his best year 2 years ago, just because it was two years ago doesnt mean he will ever be able to duplicate that, pro athletes fall hard. hes probably got one more year in him of spot duty and then he'll hang them up

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM

It doesnt matter when he was in the game whether it was mop up duty or in a critical time of the game he always seemed to drop the ball everytime it was thrown his way last season. He dropped passes in Cincinnati,Tennesee,the San Diego playoff game, and of course the famous drop that he had in the AFC Championship game against the Ravens that would have been a sure TD. How was he the unsung hero in that AFC Championship game?? What did he do that was a key part of that game other then lay that block on Corey Ivy after the dropped pass, and make that 3rd down catch at the start of the 4th quarter. They were nice bounce back plays from the drop I will give you that much, but to say he was an unsung hero in that game is a bit of a stretch. I think Sweed will improve and turn out to be a decent receiver but he still has a long way to go and a lot to prove before he is.

With that being said, there will be no excuses this season for Limas Sweed. He had better be ready to make some progress and get on the field a lot more then he was this season. In 2009 Sweed is going to be one Hines Ward or Santanio Holmes injury away from being a starter and an every down receiver and from what I have seen so far from the guy he is nowhere close to being ready to be in that role. The drops and the lack of concentration might have gotten overlooked last year by Tomlin when it came to Sweed. Tomlin I guarantee you isnt going to give Sweed a free pass this year like he did a bunch of times last season...

K Train
03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
It doesnt matter when he was in the game whether it was mop up duty or in a critical time of the game he always seemed to drop the ball everytime it was thrown his way last season. He dropped passes in Cincinnati,Tennesee,the San Diego playoff game, and of course the famous drop that he had in the AFC Championship game against the Ravens that would have been a sure TD. How was he the unsung hero in that AFC Championship game?? What did he do that was a key part of that game other then lay that block on Corey Ivy after the dropped pass, and make that 3rd down catch at the start of the 4th quarter. They were nice bounce back plays from the drop I will give you that much, but to say he was an unsung hero in that game is a bit of a stretch. I think Sweed will improve and turn out to be a decent receiver but he still has a long way to go and a lot to prove before he is.

With that being said, there will be no excuses this season for Limas Sweed. He had better be ready to make some progress and get on the field a lot more then he was this season. In 2009 Sweed is going to be one Hines Ward or Santanio Holmes injury away from being a starter and an every down receiver and from what I have seen so far from the guy he is nowhere close to being ready to be in that role. The drops and the lack of concentration might have gotten overlooked last year by Tomlin when it came to Sweed. Tomlin I guarantee you isnt going to give Sweed a free pass this year like he did a bunch of times last season...

what about the pick leonhard pick he broke up in the endzone? sorry but if leonhard came down with that i dont think this team would have been hoisting the lombardi last month.

there will be no excuses, and he was instantly promoted when nate picked up that pen in tennessee and thats a big confidence booster. he will be a baller next year, him and mendenhall will make us ask what we were thinking doubting them, simlilar to what timmons did last year.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
what about the pick leonhard pick he broke up in the endzone? sorry but if leonhard came down with that i dont think this team would have been hoisting the lombardi last month.

there will be no excuses, and he was instantly promoted when nate picked up that pen in tennessee and thats a big confidence booster. he will be a baller next year, him and mendenhall will make us ask what we were thinking doubting them, simlilar to what timmons did last year.

Ahhh you're right KTrain I stand corrected I totally forgot about that play it was huge. It allowed the Steelers to kick the FG and go up 16-7 instead of only being up 13-7 and the Ravens having all the momentum if Leonard would have hung onto to that interception.

K Train
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
im just saying....lets roll the dice on sweed this season, nate was holding him back but now he can show us what hes got and why we spent a 2nd round pick on him. we need to draft someone to bring up because no one wants to see dallas baker back but i have faith sweed will do what it takes, i think the man is gonna be a star

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
im just saying....lets roll the dice on sweed this season, nate was holding him back but now he can show us what hes got and why we spent a 2nd round pick on him. we need to draft someone to bring up because no one wants to see dallas baker back but i have faith sweed will do what it takes, i think the man is gonna be a star I think you are right. He showed he could run good routes and get open. It was just those stone hands that held him back.

steelcityrockers
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Your calling me a retard and your the idiot that had that loser on your fantasy team...lol One who lives in glass houses should not cast stones...lol

I drafted him in the 10th round (out of 16 or 17) as my 3rd/4th receiver receiver. It isn't like I expected him to be the ****ing man. He failed as my bye week replacement. Plus his three years previous had been rater remarkable and I didn't have a ****ing glass ball and see that he wouldn't do so hot.

Dumbass.

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I drafted him in the 10th round (out of 16 or 17) as my 3rd/4th receiver receiver. It isn't like I expected him to be the ****ing man. He failed as my bye week replacement. Plus his three years previous had been rater remarkable and I didn't have a ****ing glass ball and see that he wouldn't do so hot.

Dumbass.Next time just ask me. I could have told you he would have failed you. He is nothing more then a Seattle reject. When you need someone from here or that has played here and been CUT to step up for you they will let you down. He has never been more then a 3rd WR and in the Fanatsy world he could never even be used in the bye week. What fantasy league do you play in? I want to play with you so I can scratch you off the list of someone that I have to worry about. Hey, I have told you that I love you yet today? Because right now, I'm diggin on you. xoxoxo

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
This is one of those moves that I could care one way or the other...lol If we don't sign Galloway then I won't be heart broken...lol But if we do ok signing Joey does give us depth at WR....I still want Limas to get his shot at the third WR but there is depth conerns regardless with Nate gone....I still would like Shaun McDonald over Galloway....

But I hope the Steelers draft a WR in this draft at sometime....One that could return kicks would be a bonus...

steelers40xl
03-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here but instead of being worried about a over the hill reciever like Galloway shouldn't we be looking for a little help at o-line , I'm sure Ben is just loving the thought of being on his *** another 46 times next year.

steelcityrockers
03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Next time just ask me. I could have told you he would have failed you. He is nothing more then a Seattle reject. When you need someone from here or that has played here and been CUT to step up for you they will let you down. He has never been more then a 3rd WR and in the Fanatsy world he could never even be used in the bye week. What fantasy league do you play in? I want to play with you so I can scratch you off the list of someone that I have to worry about. Hey, I have told you that I love you yet today? Because right now, I'm diggin on you. xoxoxo

Because he was TRADED, not cut, for TWO first round draft picks during a holdout, he is a bum? Your logic befuddles me.

Callax
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I think an experienced wr would be good addition, as long he still got some wheels to go deep. he could be like wr cedrick wilson of a few years ago, solid but not spectacular;as long as he knows he's not a #1 wr (like cedrick thought he was ) he's here to HELP the team, not to have the offense revolve around him ( like T.O.)

I wonder why Pitt doesn't look at OL Khalif Barnes for their O-Line. Probably cost too much and more of a LT and than a RT and more than likely not a Guard, since that might be where Colon goes.... please move him to guard: oh, there he goes, false start RT 5 yards repeat 1st down...
If Pitt needed a center Newberry is available... but we have hartwig and I doubt he wants or needs to go to guard.... The draft will yield some OL help, cuz they will draft a player or maybe three

steelers40xl
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
that's what we thought about last years draft

greennick
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here but instead of being worried about a over the hill reciever like Galloway shouldn't we be looking for a little help at o-line , I'm sure Ben is just loving the thought of being on his *** another 46 times next year.

I am sure Ben will also want some sure hands to throw it to.

Whoever said we can only sign OL or WR? We can do both, it is not like they are spending ALL their time talking to Galloway.

I think for the right price and with the right conditions, what do we have to lose? A spot on the list is pretty much it...

Sir Blitzelot
03-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I think Joey Galloway would be a solid addition at wide receiver. We need to add depth at that position and Galloway is a proven veteran, who still has great speed.

Bucsfan4ever
03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
If you go to the official website of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, there is a thread titled "The Joey Galloway Appreciation Thread". It shows how much most of the fans appreciated his time with the Bucs. I truly hope he signs with you as I said before, he'd be a great mentor, would give you more depth, he's all class off the field.

TampaSteelGirl
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Geez...who ever said we locked him up??? All the post says is he visited the Steelers....:chill:

--- Added 3/10/2009 at 07:52 AM ---

If you go to the official website of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, there is a thread titled "The Joey Galloway Appreciation Thread". It shows how much most of the fans appreciated his time with the Bucs. I truly hope he signs with you as I said before, he'd be a great mentor, would give you more depth, he's all class off the field.

He is a great guy however I've seen him drop an awful lot of balls the last 2 seasons...we need a catcher!! :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
If he signs he signs, it will be a nice addition to the team. If he doesn't it's not like we just lost Hines Ward or something...we'll move on.

Steel Trap86
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
If he signs he signs, it will be a nice addition to the team. If he doesn't it's not like we just lost Hines Ward or something...we'll move on.

plain and simple

Dean Denton
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
plain and simple
Oh stop being agreeable, and tell us what you think. we know what TG thinks. We want to hear from you. Share with us why this would be ok with you. Tell us what you think of him as a player, a father, a husband and a roll model for the city of Pittsburgh. What is it you think he would or would not bring to the table if he wore the Black and Gold? Spit it out man. No more pussy footin around the tough questions. Its time to step up and own it like a big dogg.....

Steel Trap86
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh stop being agreeable, and tell us what you think. we know what TG thinks. We want to hear from you. Share with us why this would be ok with you. Tell us what you think of him as a player, a father, a husband and a roll model for the city of Pittsburgh. What is it you think he would or would not bring to the table if he wore the Black and Gold? Spit it out man. No more pussy footin around the tough questions. Its time to step up and own it like a big dogg.....

lol, I dont know enough about Joey Galloway to tell you my opinion on him as a player, but I do think if he did sign with the Steelers, it would shoot Sweeds confidence level. I'd rather try to develop Sweed, he's only 21, this guy is 37, not that 37 makes you a ****in senior citizen, but Sweed has the height, strength and speed to be a great reciever, once he can compete on the NFL level all the time. The Steelers arent known to sign a lot of veteran players as it is, this guy might be a better fit somewhere like New England or even Dallas, we just won the Superbowl, we dont have to make executive decisions right now lol Like TG said if we sign him we sign him, we lost Nate Washington not Hines Ward, I think we'll manage.

K Train
03-10-2009, 04:31 PM
lol, I dont know enough about Joey Galloway to tell you my opinion on him as a player, but I do think if he did sign with the Steelers, it would shoot Sweeds confidence level. I'd rather try to develop Sweed, he's only 21, this guy is 37, not that 37 makes you a ****in senior citizen, but Sweed has the height, strength and speed to be a great reciever, once he can compete on the NFL level all the time. The Steelers arent known to sign a lot of veteran players as it is, this guy might be a better fit somewhere like New England or even Dallas, we just won the Superbowl, we dont have to make executive decisions right now lol Like TG said if we sign him we sign him, we lost Nate Washington not Hines Ward, I think we'll manage.

in football years 37 translates to roughly 95-98 years old

Dean Denton
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Much better. They only thing you need to know about Joey is that he's old and washed up. You are right about Sweed. He will be the man and the Steelers #1 WR within a couple years. He has all that you want in a WR except those damn stone hands...but that can be worked out.

Stlrs4Life
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
You think he will pass up Holmes?

Steel Trap86
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
in football years 37 translates to roughly 95-98 years old

haha true enough, he's a WR too so he's been beaten like he owes money.

--- Added 3/10/2009 at 09:10 PM ---

Much better. They only thing you need to know about Joey is that he's old and washed up. You are right about Sweed. He will be the man and the Steelers #1 WR within a couple years. He has all that you want in a WR except those damn stone hands...but that can be worked out.

That drop in the AFC title game was nasty, but I think he'll come through for us next season as the #3. He's wasnt no Randy Moss in his rookie year, but he'll do some damage.

BFISHIN80
03-11-2009, 12:02 AM
What part of Seattle cutting him dont you all get? He could fetch water for the real WR on this team and thats it.

I'm not sure you know what your talking about.....Joey Galloway has had a pretty nice career in the NFL. At 37 I think he would be a great # 3 for us. AAHHH Tampa Bay cut him.....not Seattle.

portcityblackandgold
03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Galloway's experience would defintely be a plus to our passing game. He would be a great third option.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Galloway's experience would defintely be a plus to our passing game. He would be a great third option.

If we do sign him..i hope it's for the #4 spot. Holmes,Ward,Sweed and then Galloway or whoever we end up signing. Any news on how his visit went?

Stairwayto7
03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Signing Galloway wouldn't mean the Steelers have soured on Sweed -- he has more potential as an all-around wide receiver than Galloway does these days, but it would be foolish to not have a backup plan in case Sweed's can't lose his case of the drops.

steelers66
03-11-2009, 05:17 PM
i say give him a try

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
i say give him a try Go post something about yourself in the newbie thread before you start talking about complicted stuff like Galloway. How do we know who we are talking too. Share something special with us. How can we love you if we dont know your story? Now run over there sweet cheeks and get to sharing. Hurry and maybe a tell you a secret about Galloway....

K Train
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
i say give him a try

thats called bringing him in for a visit.....check

whats next?

Stairwayto7
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
LOL, Dude has one post, now he`ll never come back! LOL

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
LOL, Dude has one post, now he`ll never come back! LOL
He will, and when he does I'm telling him to change his name. I will help him come up with something a little less common. Bar Fly is a good name....

steelcityrockers
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I am not sure why I am reminded of this, but anyone remember steel58?

K Train
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
steel58 is a legend

the rooneys

i would say the rooneys

the rooneys are the steelers

superbowls

just bring home the lombadri's

superbowl rings

SUPERBOWLS

the rooneys

i would say third best

say noooooooooooooo to booger

bring in matt jonesssss!!!

Nooooooooooooooo to mcfarland

the rooneys

superbowls!

3rd best

matt jones

i think ben is third best

definitely the rooneys

MATT JONES

NO TO BOOGER

the rooneys

SUPERBOWL RINGS

i would say pass bradshaw and win more SUPERBOWLS

the rooneys

the rooneys are the face of the franchise

no to booger

MATT JONES

at this point probably 3rd best

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
steel58 is a legend

the rooneys

i would say the rooneys

the rooneys are the steelers

superbowls

just bring home the lombadri's

superbowl rings

SUPERBOWLS

the rooneys

i would say third best

say noooooooooooooo to booger

bring in matt jonesssss!!!

Nooooooooooooooo to mcfarland

the rooneys

superbowls!

3rd best

matt jones

i think ben is third best

definitely the rooneys

MATT JONES

NO TO BOOGER

the rooneys

SUPERBOWL RINGS

i would say pass bradshaw and win more SUPERBOWLS

the rooneys

the rooneys are the face of the franchise

no to booger

MATT JONES

at this point probably 3rd best Is that how he would post because your scaring the **** out of me. I have meds ya know....

K Train
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
that is essentially every post hes ever made

heres some threads

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13898&page=4

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13740&highlight=booger

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Where has he gone? It looks like that was just before I got here.

steelcityrockers
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
He was the greatest man to ever live.

I like to think he died a hero's death where he was run over by a coked up Matt Jones

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
He was the greatest man to ever live.

I like to think he died a hero's death where he was run over by a coked up Matt Jones
This is really sad. Matt Jones does coke????

BFISHIN80
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Go post something about yourself in the newbie thread before you start talking about complicted stuff like Galloway. How do we know who we are talking too. Share something special with us. How can we love you if we dont know your story? Now run over there sweet cheeks and get to sharing. Hurry and maybe a tell you a secret about Galloway....

Hey Dean the Wean,

The fact you think Joey Galloway talk is " Complicted " makes me assume you reallly don't know much about him or the situation. Did you mean complicated? What kind of Steeler fan says he would rather have a Cancer like T.O. than a well respected veteren like Joey Galloway?

DanRooney
03-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Hey Dean the Wean,

The fact you think Joey Galloway talk is " Complicted " makes me assume you reallly don't know much about him or the situation. Did you mean complicated? What kind of Steeler fan says he would rather have a Cancer like T.O. than a well respected veteren like Joey Galloway?

Are you serious? You would rather have Joey Galloway on your team than Terrell Owens? :lol: Cancer or not, T.O. is a hell of a football player.

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Dean the Wean,

The fact you think Joey Galloway talk is " Complicted " makes me assume you reallly don't know much about him or the situation. Did you mean complicated? What kind of Steeler fan says he would rather have a Cancer like T.O. than a well respected veteren like Joey Galloway?Check out the fresh lip on BFISHIN80. I think we can be friends. Just dont ever correct me again. Or I'll send you a virus that wont go away with medication. Yes I would rather have T.O over Galloway, and I hate T.O. Galloway is no good anymore. T.O can still be a playmaker. He might drop a lot of balls, but at least he can make plays after the catch. When he catches it. Now do me a favor and know your roll, and go post something about yourself in the, new here section. I want to hear all about cross dressing experiences and freaky animal fetishes. Dont hold back its the off season,and we dont have a lot to talk about. Peace......xoxo

$teelersRule
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Check out the fresh lip on BFISHIN80. I think we can be friends. Just dont ever correct me again. Or I'll send you a virus that wont go away with medication. Yes I would rather have T.O over Galloway, and I hate T.O. Galloway is no good anymore. T.O can still be a playmaker. He might drop a lot of balls, but at least he can make plays after the catch. When he catches it. Now do me a favor and know your roll, and go post something about yourself in the, new here section. I want to hear all about cross dressing experiences and freaky animal fetishes. Dont hold back its the off season,and we dont have a lot to talk about. Peace......xoxo

you cant be serious...? i would NEVER take TO over anyone, he would destroy the team just like he destroyed every single team he has ever been on. the biggest thing that let us win the SB this year was how we operated like a team "band or brothers" ring a bell? he would tare the brothers apart its how he does his thing. we would be seeing him doing sit-ups on his front lawn by the 3rd game because ben threw it to heins two more times in a game in stead of him and he does not feel welcomed or some crap like that i would take joey over TO any day its not even a question

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 01:47 PM ---

oh and be nice to the new guys its good to get more ideas on the site idk why you have to always say things like that to new guys when they first show up its just stupid and not very funny :nahnah:

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
you cant be serious...? i would NEVER take TO over anyone, he would destroy the team just like he destroyed every single team he has ever been on. the biggest thing that let us win the SB this year was how we operated like a team "band or brothers" ring a bell? he would tare the brothers apart its how he does his thing. we would be seeing him doing sit-ups on his front lawn by the 3rd game because ben threw it to heins two more times in a game in stead of him and he does not feel welcomed or some crap like that i would take joey over TO any day its not even a question

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 01:47 PM ---

oh and be nice to the new guys its good to get more ideas on the site idk why you have to always say things like that to new guys when they first show up its just stupid and not very funny :nahnah:First off, he came at me, so go stick your head up his ***. If someone gets lippy, i'll give it back. And Clearly you dont know your Steelers. A cancer like T.O would be put in check on this team in a hurry. There are far too many leaders. Give me the name of one starter that would put up with that crap. We have a Band of Brothers, and T.O would be fine. He would either play and shut up, or he would be benched, and broke. So again, yes I will take talent over washed up and never really was. Now go fix me a Turkey pot pie, and mind your business. Let the grown ups handle grown up conversation....

igor0190
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
T.0. for 6.5 million? Any team in the NFL would have a fair share of players that would shun him and it would instantly be a problem from the day the ink hit the paper. Thank god we try to avoid players like him.

STEEL CITY TANK
03-12-2009, 05:04 PM
First off, he came at me, so go stick your head up his ***. If someone gets lippy, i'll give it back. And Clearly you dont know your Steelers. A cancer like T.O would be put in check on this team in a hurry. There are far too many leaders. Give me the name of one starter that would put up with that crap. We have a Band of Brothers, and T.O would be fine. He would either play and shut up, or he would be benched, and broke. So again, yes I will take talent over washed up and never really was. Now go fix me a Turkey pot pie, and mind your business. Let the grown ups handle grown up conversation....

LOL:lol:.....if you give T.O short passes and let him work the Y.A.C he'll kill he's still good on the deep ball but he's really strong and would dominate with short passes:imho:

$teelersRule
03-12-2009, 06:09 PM
First off, he came at me, so go stick your head up his ***. If someone gets lippy, i'll give it back. And Clearly you dont know your Steelers. A cancer like T.O would be put in check on this team in a hurry. There are far too many leaders. Give me the name of one starter that would put up with that crap. We have a Band of Brothers, and T.O would be fine. He would either play and shut up, or he would be benched, and broke. So again, yes I will take talent over washed up and never really was. Now go fix me a Turkey pot pie, and mind your business. Let the grown ups handle grown up conversation....

See no, YOU are the one that obviously does not know your steelers. they dont bring in the cancer type players you cant just say we have leaders already, what makes you think he would give a **** what they said? they had a pretty strong leader in Philly with Mcnabb they had already been to 3 nfc championship games and look how that turned out... if you had it your way you probably would want the steelers run like the cowboys or redskins just sighing players because of talent and hoping you can keep them under control. i really think that you consistently give the least productive comments to any thread and then you say shiat like this to further my point. so maybe you should be the one leaving to let the grownups handle the conversation and STFU

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
See no, YOU are the one that obviously does not know your steelers. they dont bring in the cancer type players you cant just say we have leaders already, what makes you think he would give a **** what they said? they had a pretty strong leader in Philly with Mcnabb they had already been to 3 nfc championship games and look how that turned out... if you had it your way you probably would want the steelers run like the cowboys or redskins just sighing players because of talent and hoping you can keep them under control. i really think that you consistently give the least productive comments to any thread and then you say shiat like this to further my point. so maybe you should be the one leaving to let the grownups handle the conversation and STFU Dude, I never said I wanted T.O. He's just a better option then Galloway. and yes this team does have leaders that would in no way put up with T.O. He would get his *** kicked in that Locker room. And Mcnabb is no Ben. Ben would put that bitch in check from jump street. This franchise would put him in check too. I never said they would bring him in or that they would entertain the thought. not sure where you got that from. I just think he's better then Galloway. And I'm pretty sure its a fact. the Steelers are a strong franchise and have brought poo butts in here before, the difference is that we dont alllow it to get like Philly did. We snip that shiat out in a hurry. and with T.O we would know what was coming and would plan around that. Truth is, the guy would never be here, but what I said is that I would rather see him then a burn out like Galloway that cant come close to doing anything anymore at a high level. Now stop crying....

$teelersRule
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Dude, I never said I wanted T.O. He's just a better option then Galloway. and yes this team does have leaders that would in no way put up with T.O. He would get his *** kicked in that Locker room. And Mcnabb is no Ben. Ben would put that bitch in check from jump street. This franchise would put him in check too. I never said they would bring him in or that they would entertain the thought. not sure where you got that from. I just think he's better then Galloway. And I'm pretty sure its a fact. the Steelers are a strong franchise and have brought poo butts in here before, the difference is that we dont alllow it to get like Philly did. We snip that shiat out in a hurry. and with T.O we would know what was coming and would plan around that. Truth is, the guy would never be here, but what I said is that I would rather see him then a burn out like Galloway that cant come close to doing anything anymore at a high level. Now stop crying....

whatever man, whatever. i honestly would rather take the less talented player with a better locker room presence then the selfish yet more talented player. i guess i just am a homer for the way the steelers do business because of their obvious success with it and six SBs. i would take joey over TO every single time. all i am saying is its not worth the risk at all. But what did bother me was how you always give the new guys so much shiat all he did was point out your obvious mistake...

Dean Denton
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
whatever man, whatever. i honestly would rather take the less talented player with a better locker room presence then the selfish yet more talented player. i guess i just am a homer for the way the steelers do business because of their obvious success with it and six SBs. i would take joey over TO every single time. all i am saying is its not worth the risk at all. But what did bother me was how you always give the new guys so much shiat all he did was point out your obvious mistake... Yeah well I wasn't talking to him,and he got lippy for no reason. I didn't say anything to that guy. If your first post is going to be correcting a spelling error then you better expect to get ****. So I guess you have a problem with me defending myself. The only thing I can say is build a bridge and get over it. I love the new guys, and its not like I'm mean to them, and if they cant take a little friendly raz, then they need maxie pads. Its not like I am being rude. And The only thing I would like about T.O coming to Pitt would be because Harrison would KO his sorry *** in the locker room. Galloway is still **** IMO....Now lets kiss and make up. No tongue's though bitch....lol

$teelersRule
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah well I wasn't talking to him,and he got lippy for no reason. I didn't say anything to that guy. If your first post is going to be correcting a spelling error then you better expect to get ****. So I guess you have a problem with me defending myself. The only thing I can say is build a bridge and get over it. I love the new guys, and its not like I'm mean to them, and if they cant take a little friendly raz, then they need maxie pads. Its not like I am being rude. And The only thing I would like about T.O coming to Pitt would be because Harrison would KO his sorry *** in the locker room. Galloway is still **** IMO....Now lets kiss and make up. No tongue's though bitch....lol

ok, just dont call me a bitch. slut :hugs:

Dean Denton
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
ok, just dont call me a bitch. slut :hugs: Why not? You like it on our private messages....lol

LatrobePA
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Why not? You like it on our private messages....lol

Um, keep the fudge packing behind closed doors fellas! j/k lol:stirpot:

Dean Denton
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Um, keep the fudge packing behind closed doors fellas! j/k lol:stirpot: Why is it fudge packing? Your PM's to me are no different. Stop playing coy.....

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-13-2009, 01:08 PM
:cya:

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
No worry. Rumor has it Galloway signed with the Patriots.

KY TITAN
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
:hot tub:JOEY GALLOWAY IS WASHED UP

Iron City South
03-14-2009, 11:22 PM
End of discussion ....

Galloway finds home in New England
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Choosing the sales pitch from Bill Belichick over that of Mike Tomlin, free-agent wide receiver Joey Galloway has agreed to a one-year contract with the New England Patriots.

Financial details of the deal, confirmed by sources close to the player, were not yet available.

Despite being 37 years old and coming off an injury-shortened 2008 season, Galloway was seen by the Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers as still having the ability to stretch a secondary deep. Both franchises recruited Galloway on the premise that they will be Super Bowl contenders in 2009 and that he will play a key role in the offense as the No. 3 wide receiver.

Galloway, who was released by Tampa Bay earlier in free agency, looks to continue the long tradition of aging veterans signing in New England and resurrecting their careers as role players. Galloway visited with Patriots coaches and officials recently. He figures to be no better than the Patriots' No.3 wide receiver behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Although he has played 14 NFL seasons, Galloway remains one of the league's fastest players and is capable of going deep.

For his career, Galloway has 682 catches for 10,710 yards and 77 touchdowns. He has caught 60 or more passes in six seasons. Last season, however, a foot injury limited Galloway to nine games and only four starts. He had 13 catches for 138 yards and failed to score a touchdown. This was his fewest receptions since 2000, when he played in only one game because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

The former Ohio State star was a first-round pick by the Seattle Seahawks in 1995. He stayed with the Seahawks through the 1999 season, and then was traded to Dallas in 2000.

In addition to the Seahawks, he has played for the Dallas Cowboys (2000-03) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2004-08). Galloway was one of several prominent players released by the Bucs at the outset of free agency.

Although he has never been to a Pro Bowl game, Galloway has been a four-time alternate.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer with ESPN.com.

greennick
03-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I would have liked to see how he would go here...

Stairwayto7
03-15-2009, 06:33 AM
I don`t care, I don`t think he has enough to offer at 37! But where does NE get all the $$$$$$$$$$ to sign everyone??

SteelerRush
03-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I don`t care, I don`t think he has enough to offer at 37! But where does NE get all the $$$$$$$$$$ to sign everyone??
Yeh! I would like to know how they always seem to have money for FA. Don,t they have like 12 picks in the draft.

greennick
03-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeh! I would like to know how they always seem to have money for FA. Don,t they have like 12 picks in the draft.

I guess they don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on things like crap O-lines...

Steel Trap86
03-15-2009, 01:19 PM
patriots are going to be stacked next season.