PDA

View Full Version : 8 Steelers Mocks

darnik44
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Which would you prefer? Or, mix and match you own.

DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
CB Macho Harris, Virginia Tech
OG Trevor Canfield, Cincinnati
OT Lydon Murtha, Nebraska
WR Darius Passmore, Marshall
ILB Worrell Williams, California
C Juan Garcia, Washington
OG Cedric Dockery, Texas
DE Will Johnson, Michigan

C Eric Wood, Louisville
CB Macho Harris, Virginia Tech
DE Kyle Moore, Southern California
LG Louis Vasquez, Texas Tech
RT Robert Brewster, Ball State
WR Kevin Ogletree, Virginia
RG Jaimie Thomas, Maryland
DE Pannel Egboh, Stanford
ILB Ronnie Palmer, Arizona

OT William Beatty, Connecticut
WR Mike Thomas, Arizona
CB Joe Burnett, Central Florida
OG Louis Vasquez, Texas Tech
DE Dorell Scott, Clemson
C A.Q. Shipley, Penn State
DE Darryl Richard, Georgia Tech
ILB Josh Mauga, Nevada
OG C.J. Davis, Pitt

CB Sean Smith, Utah
OT Cornelius Lewis, Tennessee State
C Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
DE Dorell Scott, Clemson
DE Khalif Mitchell, East Carolina
ILB Daniel Holtzclaw, Eastern Michigan
WR Quan Cosby, Texas
OG C.J. Davis, Pitt

C Eric Wood, Louisville
OT Cornelius Lewis, Tennessee State
WR Mike Wallace, Mississippi
CB Morgan Trent, Michigan
OG George Bussey, Louisville
DE Khalif Mitchell, East Carolina
ILB Daniel Holtzclaw, Eastern Michigan
OG C.J. Davis, Pitt

DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
OG Andy Levitre, Oregon State
OT Fenuki Tupoi, Oregon
CB Jerraud Powers, Auburn
ILB Stanley Arnoux, Wake Forest
WR Brooks Foster, North Carolina
OG Cedric Dockery, Texas
DE Will Johnson, Michigan

CB Sean Smith, Utah
DE Alex Magee, Purdue
OT Robert Brewster, Ball State
WR Kevin Ogletree, Virginia
OG Jaimie Thomas, Maryland
ILB Ronnie Palmer, Arizona

OT William Beatty, Connecticut
DE Dorell Scott, Clemson
CB Domonique Johnson, Jackson State
DE Darryl Richard, Georgia Tech
ILB Josh Mauga, Nevada
WR Taurus Johnson, South Florida

BlackGold4vr
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
C, Alex Mack, California
DE, Jarron Gilbert, San Jose St
T, Fenuki Tupou, Oregon
CB, DeAngelo Smith, Cincinatti
FB, Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse
G, Tyronne Green, Auburn
WR, Deon Butler, Penn St
ILB, Maurice Crum Jr., Notre Dame
RB, Marcus Thigpen, Indiana

darnik44
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
C, Alex Mack, California
T, Fenuki Tupou, Oregon
CB, DeAngelo Smith, Cincinatti
FB, Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse
G, Tyronne Green, Auburn
WR, Deon Butler, Penn St
ILB, Maurice Crum Jr., Notre Dame
RB, Marcus Thigpen, Indiana

-Some problems with that mock. Mack is not going to be drafted in the first round. I don't know why so many people feel he will. Not much of a chance he's there at #64, but that's more likely than the Steelers taking him in the first.

-Gilbert is a nice player and could help the Steelers, but he's going to be long gone by the 64th pick and 32nd is probably too high to take him.

-DeAngelo Smith is likely going to be a safety. His tight hips and lack of long speed are the deciding factors there.

-Tyronne Green is likely a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick.

-Maurice Crum is not suited to be a 3-4 ILB, he's just not big enough or athletic enough.

-Bringing in Thigpen as a kick returner mean either Mewelde Moore or Gary Russell has to go. They both filled pretty important roles last season. Which would you send packing? I'd have a hard time believing the Steelers would carry 5 RB's and 1 FB on their roster.

BlackGold4vr
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
-Some problems with that mock. Mack is not going to be drafted in the first round. I don't know why so many people feel he will. Not much of a chance he's there at #64, but that's more likely than the Steelers taking him in the first.

Notice that I didn't critisize any of your ridiculous lists. I want to see your final list. Do you think that anyone will be fooled by a person who puts a hundred different mocks out there and then after the draft goes and finds the one with the most correct guesses and tells us "I told you so"? Gimme a break! One list. I want to see your best list and then we'll compare your brilliance to actual reality. Please let us all know which list you are standing on. Or will we have to wait until after all the pro-days and Steeler player interviews so you can narrow down your guesses? Please do share some of your brilliance with us now! You are "The" self-proclaimed expert on this so please dazzle us. Which of those 8 are your best guess? Oh, you don't want to be held to any one set of picks so you can fall back on any number of the wild *** guess you have posted? I see. :yellowthumb:

$teelersRule
03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
OT William Beatty
CB Macho Harris
DE Kyle Moore
LG Lois Vasquez
WR Durius Passmore
OT Alex Boone (RT)
RB Marcus Thigpen

Zachintosh66
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
oooh good thread...

Right now this is where im pointing...

1.DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
2.OT Fenuki Tupou, Oregon
3.C Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
4.CB Sherrod Martin, Troy
5.WR Demetrius Byrd, LSU
6.TE Ryan Purvis, BC

after round 6 aint gonna make team anyways so thats where im quiting

BlitzburghNation
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I definetly want these 2 guys :crossfingers:

C, Alex Mack, California

darnik44
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Notice that I didn't critisize any of your ridiculous lists. I want to see your final list. Do you think that anyone will be fooled by a person who puts a hundred different mocks out there and then after the draft goes and finds the one with the most correct guesses and tells us "I told you so"? Gimme a break! One list. I want to see your best list and then we'll compare your brilliance to actual reality. Please let us all know which list you are standing on. Or will we have to wait until after all the pro-days and Steeler player interviews so you can narrow down your guesses? Please do share some of your brilliance with us now! You are "The" self-proclaimed expert on this so please dazzle us. Which of those 8 are your best guess? Oh, you don't want to be held to any one set of picks so you can fall back on any number of the wild *** guess you have posted? I see. :yellowthumb:

You're something else. The Steelers first pick will dictate a lot. The picks prior to the Steelers first pick will dictate their pick. All the players I have them drafting are all likely to be attainable. I'll stand on the list that gets the first pick right.

My picks are educated picks, not guesses. If you look at them closely each one is consistant with the next.

Was I wrong in pointing out your errors? Alex Mack, that's just apparently not debatable with you. Gilbert, anyone else here think he's still on the board at #64? Can anybody argue that a RB/KR is the wrong way to get a KR because either Mewelde Moore or Gary Russell would have to be cut? Anybody think Tyrone Green is an option in the 5th round?

--- Added 3/6/2009 at 03:28 PM ---

oooh good thread...

Right now this is where im pointing...

1.DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
2.OT Fenuki Tupou, Oregon
3.C Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
4.CB Sherrod Martin, Troy
5.WR Demetrius Byrd, LSU
6.TE Ryan Purvis, BC

after round 6 aint gonna make team anyways so thats where im quiting

Keep in mind the Steelers will have a significantly high compensatory pick for Alan Faneca. It could be at the end of the 3rd, but certainly by the end of the 4th. They should also get one for Clark Haggans (I think). Predicting comp picks isn't my cup of tea.

I based my picks on the assumption they would get a comp. pick at the end of the 3rd and another one somewhere around round 6.

I also doubt Byrd lasts until the end of the 5th. I have him as a late 3rd to early 4th round pick.

BlackGold4vr
03-06-2009, 04:34 PM
One list is an educated list. 100 lists is a shotgun blast hoping for some small measure of luck. I will respect your knowledge on this when you stand on a "singular" list and then we can have something to measure it against after the draft. I will laugh at you if you think you can put dozens of lists out there and then try to put your list with the most correct guesses on it out here as a "I told you so". Thats like predicting one of 32 teams will win the SB next year. No ****! :yellowthumb:

Thomas_43
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Mack won't go in the first round, At least not to Pittsburgh.
Gilbert is by far the most talked about player since the combine. He will be LONG gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.
We will draft a WR somewhere in this draft, Maybe a Mike Thomas, or a Johnny Knox to handle the kick returns.
And Finally, Tyronne Green will be gone by the start of 4 in my eyes.

darnik44
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
One list is an educated list. 100 lists is a shotgun blast hoping for some small measure of luck. I will respect your knowledge on this when you stand on a "singular" list and then we can have something to measure it against after the draft. I will laugh at you if you think you can put dozens of lists out there and then try to put your list with the most correct guesses on it out here as a "I told you so". Thats like predicting one of 32 teams will win the SB next year. No ****! :yellowthumb:

Well the whole process is apparently something you don't have a grasp for. First of all, 8 is not 100. Like I said, pick #1 will determine a lot. Are you one of the ones that thinks the Steelers will have one position designated as the position they will draft in the first? Do you think they will have a position predetermined for each round? Because it doesn't work like that.

K Train
knox has been arresed a bunch of times i believe...which is why he was playing at albeine christian...i think its the same guy im thinking about.

if we cant get jackson in the first we should make a move to get gilbert in the second, but then again i want lewis in the second.....

Dean Denton
Scary argument and way out of my league. your football knowledge is freakish at times.

I hope to get the Center out of Cal or Oregon with our 1st pick. anything else I just hope its something we can use.

K Train
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
im just not about unger or mack in the first

BlackGold4vr
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Well the whole process is apparently something you don't have a grasp for. First of all, 8 is not 100. Like I said, pick #1 will determine a lot. Are you one of the ones that thinks the Steelers will have one position designated as the position they will draft in the first? Do you think they will have a position predetermined for each round? Because it doesn't work like that.

No, I believe the Steelers will have a draft board like every other team with a list of people they think are worthy of that #1 pick. We all have our own lists of people who we think are worthy and others who we think are not. Of course it all depends on what other teams do, again, another "no ****" statement. To think you not only know the minds of Colbert and Tomlin better than anyone else is funny, but then to pretend you also know the minds of every other front office is hysterical. Are those the only eight mocks that you have posted? I believe I have seen many others posted here too. So you are standing on these 8 guesses and won't drudge up an earlier wild *** guess? There are only about 300 players drafted and only 32 teams picking. Even ICS in his Superman jammies can categorize players into groups worthy of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd picks etc. The more lists you put out there the better the chances of getting luckier on one of many lists. Its like the lottery. The more tickets you buy the better your chances of getting lucky. If you are the draft master that you say you are you will put a SINGLE list out there and stand on it. My guess is you will continue to rely on the shotgun blast. :yellowthumb:

A monkey could put out dozens of possibilities and then brag one of them was close. You gotta do better than that if you hope to impress!

Dean Denton
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
im just not about unger or mack in the first

What or who would you rather have with are first pick?
I think Center is a big concern for us. Are you thinking LT?

Thomas_43
03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I think that we are ALL gonna be wrong on who we pick in the first round. The way Tomlin drafts, it seems he drafts the best athlete, no matter the position. I would not be suprised if we snagged a top notch receiver like, Nicks if he was there, or one of those hybrid de/olb/athletically freakish guys. I just don't expect us to take an OL for some reason.

K Train
03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
What or who would you rather have with are first pick?
I think Center is a big concern for us. Are you thinking LT?

obviously i would like to move up and grab oher or more likely beatty. mack and unger are both good, but neither are nick mangold-like prospects and thats what you have to be to be a first round center. center is a pretty deep class this year and its likely one of those guys will be there mid-second anyway, plus eric wood is another guy that is a good prospect. while the interior of the line needs help, they need to address the glaring need at tackle, especially since colon will help the interior line if they can move him inside. it all comes down to what they think about hills. my favorite first round picks are

-Michael Oher who will be long gone
-Beatty who might fall within easy trade up range
-Tyson Jackson who is a monster against the run and is basically the black aaron smith
-Theres not a corner i would consider unless its vontae davis who will be gone
-Darius Heyward-Bey....6-2 and runs a solid 4.3 flat, if hes there they could take him real quick

Basically we will need to be aggressive in the first round if we want one of those guys, but trading down would be an ok option too, more second round picks could help us get one of those centers, possibly duke robinson, gilbert, or lewis

Zachintosh66
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Keep in mind the Steelers will have a significantly high compensatory pick for Alan Faneca. It could be at the end of the 3rd, but certainly by the end of the 4th. They should also get one for Clark Haggans (I think). Predicting comp picks isn't my cup of tea.

I based my picks on the assumption they would get a comp. pick at the end of the 3rd and another one somewhere around round 6.

I also doubt Byrd lasts until the end of the 5th. I have him as a late 3rd to early 4th round pick.

yeah i just wasnt couting on that yet, until we know for sure, what they are

steelcityrockers
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm not a Heyward-Bey fan. He is fast as hell but he is kinda skinny and runs God-Awful routes

Dean Denton
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
obviously i would like to move up and grab oher or more likely beatty. mack and unger are both good, but neither are nick mangold-like prospects and thats what you have to be to be a first round center. center is a pretty deep class this year and its likely one of those guys will be there mid-second anyway, plus eric wood is another guy that is a good prospect. while the interior of the line needs help, they need to address the glaring need at tackle, especially since colon will help the interior line if they can move him inside. it all comes down to what they think about hills. my favorite first round picks are

-Tyson Jackson who is a monster against the run and is basically the black aaron smith
-Darius Heyward-Bey....6-2 and runs a solid 4.3 flat, if hes there they could take him real quick

Basically we will need to be aggressive in the first round if we want one of those guys, but trading down would be an ok option too, more second round picks could help us get one of those centers, possibly duke robinson, gilbert, or lewis
Can you tell me there position because I dont know who they are. I want to look them up.

K Train
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
im not really about nicks or britt though either, after crabtree and maclin there is a big drop off. maybe williams or robiskie in the second would be decent picks, but i think there could be 4 WRs taken in the first this year.

K Train
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Can you tell me there position because I dont know who they are. I want to look them up.

Oher is a tackle from ole miss, he was my favorite player last year and then toyed with my emotions and went back to school

Beatty is a tackle from uconn, hes very fast and added alot of weight before the combine, hes a legit first round talent.

Tyson jackson is a DE/DT from LSU, hes the prototype 34END

Vontae Davis is just one of my favorite players, he will be nowhere close to where we pick but hes the corner from illinois

and Heyward-Bey is a WR from maryland

Cornelius lewis is my favorite non-first round prospect, hes a tackle/guard from tenn st

Jarron Gilbert is just a freak of an athlete from san jose state

and duke robinson is a guard from oklahoma

Dean Denton
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I have heard good things about Oher, but it does not sound like he will be there when we pick.

Tyson Jackson is someone I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up. We could really use the depth. not to mention we need young talent here.

darnik44
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
knox has been arresed a bunch of times i believe...which is why he was playing at albeine christian...i think its the same guy im thinking about.

if we cant get jackson in the first we should make a move to get gilbert in the second, but then again i want lewis in the second.....

I'm not positive, but I think you are thinking of running back Bernard Scott.

K Train
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not positive, but I think you are thinking of running back Bernard Scott.

yep good call thats him, i could have swore it was knox and i was kinda curious to why they didnt talk about it at the combine, i was like this dude cant be drafted after being arrested so many times, but it was scott

K Train
03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
he was arrested 5 times since high school and is attending his 4th college since 03, its a shame cause hes very talented and very explosive. hes never missed a game in college, and even more amazing hes never sat out of an offensive play, not once has he left the game.

he wont get drafted but he could be a sleeper pickup as an UDFA

darnik44
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM
yep good call thats him, i could have swore it was knox and i was kinda curious to why they didnt talk about it at the combine, i was like this dude cant be drafted after being arrested so many times, but it was scott

It got almost funny as they rattled off his rap sheet. He's been arrested as many times as Pac Man Jones.

MillerTime83
03-06-2009, 11:15 PM

I see Train is on the same page as me.

If beatty is there at 27 trade up!!! I understand you dont want to give up younge prospects but a LT or even a RT for years down the road is way better then a Center! The Steelers got a plan and personally I dont think Mack will be there at 32. It will be an interesting pick if all of my guys arnt there. They might just take Gillbert if they are high on him and that position. The guy I like if all these guys are gone is Duke Robinson hes a monster and great in the run game. Ill take Robinson over Gillbert.

Also rewatching the combine (note I have seen litle to no film on him) I like South Carolina’s guard Jamon Meredith. He has some big arms and ran pretty quick almost a 5.0.He looked decent in his drills too. Now that means nothing on the field, but I like him and wouldnt be terribly mad if we took him.

My draft board for pick 32

William Beatty, T
Tyson Jackson, DE
Alex Mack, C
Eric Wood, C
Duke Robinson, G (little high but a beast guard)
JarronGillbert, DE (little high for him)
Jamon Meredith, T

Guys with more of a secound round grade

Kenny Britt, WR (This guy is a beast have him under Maclin on my list of wide outs)
Clint Sintim, DE/OLB (he is a true 3-4 lb)
Fenuki Tupou, T
Michael Johnson, DE
Jarius Byrd, CB (2nd round CB that could be a nice develop)
Cornelius Lewis, T
Tyronne Green, G
Donald Brown, RB (Im high on this guy he runs hard. Ever since he had that big game over Pitt that year with 43 carries for 205yards 2 TD I have liked him in the secound)

SteelCurtainYinzer
03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Alex Mack---would be a good choice at number 32

But if we can't draft Mack....Eben Britton out of Arizona might be a nice choice..big, agile and is someone who can protect the QB along---apparently he is best against the run.
-------Perhaps try to trade to Miami for an additional pick in the 2nd round.....Britton should still be there....as would Duke Robinson and Jarron Gilbert....If we had all three or at least 2 we could have depth and a line that could carry this team for the next 10 years.....

Third round====Derrick Williams---WR---Penn State
Fourth Round-----Cary Harris---USC or DeAngelo Smith---Cincinnati--Cornerbacks
Fifth round-------Frantz Joseph----Florida International----Inside Linebacker
Sixth round-------Devin Moore---RB---Wyoming
Seventh Round----Stryker Sulak---DE---Missouri

K Train
03-07-2009, 12:24 AM
williams wont be there in the 3rd.

i would rather just take cornelius lewis than duke robinson

i personally think unger is the best center in the draft....i think he showed alot at the combine, mack is second but still has his pro day, and wood is 3rd however there isnt much dropoff between the 3.

if we take a center in the first..ill be pissed

Thomas_43
03-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Yea, I'm with K-train, we take a center in the first and I'll be pissed. On the other hand, Mike Tomlin is the man runnin the show, so I don't expect him to draft a boring *** center.

TEEMONT
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Can I make a thread showing my 90 Steeler mock drafts?

BlackGold4vr
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Can I make a thread showing my 90 Steeler mock drafts?

Yes!

And when one of them gets a few picks right you too can claim to be an expert.

Works for Darnik. :lol:

darnik44
03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes!

And when one of them gets a few picks right you too can claim to be an expert.

Works for Darnik. :lol:

If you only knew how simple you sound to anyone who has a clue about how the draft works.

TEEMONT
03-07-2009, 01:56 PM
If you only knew how simple you sound to anyone who has a clue about how the draft works.

Can you tell me how many Mocks that Kiper and McShay have out right now?

I know you claim to be better than they are, but is that b/c you put up 8 mocks?

MillerTime83
03-07-2009, 02:19 PM

Haha how true it is. Its so hard to mock and so damn time consuming. Dont get me wrong I actually love watching the combine, but the smaller school players and the big men in the trenches you have to dig for film. Most of the time its on a play they did good on and not highlighting them like the "draft gurus" do on nfl network.

Then after all that you assume no one is moving spots and have multiple places a pick could go, but you truely dont know who teams are feeling. There a quote on www.thefootballexpert.com that says "Projecting what the Patriots will draft is projecting what Paris Hilton will do next". I like that, but to explain most of the draft, like after the first 5 picks lol.

steelcityrockers
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I can't be the only one here who thinks mocks are a totally pointless exercise...

K Train
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
your not, really guessing can be fun but thats about it. the final mock im gonna come up with is more of a wish list than anything, and sometimes that wish happens....like sepulveda 2 years ago

DCBill
03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Based on your list and two of my own, here's my answer.

1) Tyson Jackson, DE
2) Cornelius Lewis, OT
3) Trevor Canfield, G
4) DeAngelo Smith, CB
5) Jamie Thomas, G
6) Javorski Lane (RB/FB, at 6'1", 285)
7) Pannel Egboh , DE/DT
8) Greg Orton, WR
9) Otis Wiley, S/KR

I would be very happy if the Steelers pulled of this draft, especially the first six players!

darnik44
03-07-2009, 10:53 PM

1) Tyson Jackson, DE
2) Cornelius Lewis, OT
3) Trevor Canfield, G
4) DeAngelo Smith, CB
5) Jamie Thomas, G
7) Pannel Egboh , DE/DT
8) Greg Orton, WR
9) Otis Wiley, S/KR

I would be very happy if the Steelers pulled of this draft, especially the first six players!

Javorskie Lane is completely undraftable, unless somebody makes him a center. He weighs around 3 bills and isn't the same player at all. He didn't even get a combine invite.

I really, really like Otis Wiley too. But he likely a late 3rd to late 4th round pick.

I'm really starting to feel strong about the Tyson Jackson possibility.

K Train
03-07-2009, 10:58 PM

1) Tyson Jackson, DE
2) Cornelius Lewis, OT
3) Trevor Canfield, G
4) DeAngelo Smith, CB
5) Jamie Thomas, G
7) Pannel Egboh , DE/DT
8) Greg Orton, WR
9) Otis Wiley, S/KR

i lost respect for you with the 6th pick....there is no way in hell lane gets drafted, he wont even sign as an undrafted FA....i hope he got a good degree cause hes gonna need it. how many full backs get drafted a year? 4-5 maybe? hes like the 13th best full back. his 290+ pounds doesnt make him a hammer it makes him a squishy piece of ****

K Train
03-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Javorskie Lane is completely undraftable, unless somebody makes him a center. He weighs around 3 bills and isn't the same player at all. He didn't even get a combine invite.

I really, really like Otis Wiley too. But he likely a late 3rd to late 4th round pick.

I'm really starting to feel strong about the Tyson Jackson possibility.

i would love jackson...plain and simple love it

and im curious to know what you think about lewis, ive been pimping him for months i really like him even if he plays guard full time, i would use 64 on him in a heartbeat

darnik44
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
i would love jackson...plain and simple love it

and im curious to know what you think about lewis, ive been pimping him for months i really like him even if he plays guard full time, i would use 64 on him in a heartbeat

I like Lewis. I think he's definetly on the short list for possible 2nd round picks. Maybe a RT, maybe a guard, could wind up being one of those valuble versatile type of players that save a roster spot. Sort of the way Trai Essex looked as a rookie...not sure what happened to him.

K Train
03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
if we took tyson jackson in the first who is a very rare prospect imo and lewis in the second who might be my favorite player in the draft....thats an amazing first day regardless of who is drafted in the 3rd lol

darnik44
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
if we took tyson jackson in the first who is a very rare prospect imo and lewis in the second who might be my favorite player in the draft....thats an amazing first day regardless of who is drafted in the 3rd lol

haha, go look at my latest 3 round mock...

Zachintosh66
03-08-2009, 03:37 PM
i wouldnt mind us trading out of #32... getting another 2 and 3 or something... idk i havent looked at a value chart to see what #32 is even worth

DCBill
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
K--You "lost respect for me" over Javorski Lane.

That's a harsh thing to say.

Thank God, I am not sensitive.

I remember Lane as a Freshman running back, who weigh 250, and thought "Baby Bus" then.

I thought my other 8 picks were reasonable.

I'll repeat what I've said before, I think we net two "comp" picks for losing Faneca (even though we signed Fox), which means we'll have 10 choices in April.

Losing McFadden means a CB drafted third or fourth (unless we use a comp pick between Rounds 3 and 4).

K Train
03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
your not the first to bring up lane so dont take offense to that. everyone wants to compare any fatass running back to bettis and it doesnt work like that. bettis was jacked coming out of ND, not chubby and even if he was his footwork and vision was some of the best ive ever seen....there has not been a guy lke bettis since bettis, not lendale white, not leron mcclain and certainly not javorskie lane

BlackGold4vr
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
* Got a hot tip on a prospect from Scout.com's Chris Steuber, who tells of Temple WR/RS Travis Shelton (5-10, 185), a cousin of Devin Hester's, who, according to Shelton, used to beat Hester in every race at family gatherings. Steuber is a friend of Shelton's and watched him run a 4.27 40 the other day. Shelton thinks he can improve on that time this week at his Pro Day.

That is called ludicrous speed!

K Train
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
hester isnt that fast...there is alot of players that could beat him in a race