PDA

View Full Version : Will the Steelers sign any FA's

LatrobePA
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Any that we've heard of?

I know our boys are always quiet n the FA market, but damn one day I;d like to tune in and see a much needed player added!

We all know rookies don't start for the Steelers, so the draft is boring anymore for me!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
This is typical for the Steelers during free agency..we'll probably sign a few low key role players as time goes on...but nothing that will grab the headlines.They are firm believers in bringing up there own talent..and it's hard to argue with the result.

LatrobePA
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Agree's, I was hoping for an OL'man....

This is typical for the Steelers during free agency..we'll probably sign a few low key role players as time goes on...but nothing that will grab the headlines.They are firm believers in bringing up there own talent..and it's hard to argue with the result.

DIESELMAN
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah we all should be used to hardly any activity in FA. As far as the draft goes, day 1 since Tomlin has been here has always been a surprise. I'm looking forward to April, one other thing to think about.....the way we conduct business in the offseason has always kept us competitive. Nothing will change that.....:cope:

Sir Blitzelot
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I think the NFL Draft is when you will see the Steelers make a big move. They hardly ever make any noise in free agency.

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm sure we will take someone of note this year. Or maybe make a good trade for Lefty...

vtwin_gary
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
i'm excited to see what they do with lefty as well

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
When the 2nd save of FA's hit the market, the 2nd tier guys that's when you see the Steelers make their moves most of the time. Plus after the draft there is also another wave of players cut that become available.

K Train
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
we found moore really late last year....probably sign the same type of guys this year

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Be nice if lighting struck twice Ktrain....

Zachintosh66
03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
i wasn't so optimistic about many FA's even any OL...

My first wish was to re-sign Mcfaddy...

Next I thought we may look at DL: Shawn Cody or Igor... but not yet

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
i wasn't so optimistic about many FA's even any OL...

My first wish was to re-sign Mcfaddy...

Next I thought we may look at DL: Shawn Cody or Igor... but not yet
Yeah I want Mcfaddy too but...I know I will get **** for this but, I think we will be fine without him. Tomlin has these DB's playing so well that I think we can get someone if we dont already have him to play good enough that we wont miss a beat.

steelcityrockers
03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Shaun Cody? Ew. He is an undertackle in a 4-3 and thats it. He is a backup at best, isn't a great run stuffer, and only a sub-par pass rusher. You can find better on most team's practice squads.

SteelerRush
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
The Steelers will probably wait as usual and pick up a quality back up. Maybe CB or D-line, but we won't go after and big names.:nono:

--- Added 3/5/2009 at 05:35 PM ---

I agree with you on Mcfad. I am good with Gay stepping in at CB. He played good last year when he had the chance.

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 08:04 PM
The Steelers will probably wait as usual and pick up a quality back up. Maybe CB or D-line, but we won't go after and big names.:nono:

--- Added 3/5/2009 at 05:35 PM ---

I agree with you on Mcfad. I am good with Gay stepping in at CB. He played good last year when he had the chance. My sister has a Gay jersey so it should be fine. She wanted it because its says Gay on theback...she's funny like that...16, what can ya do...lol

greennick
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
My sister has a Gay jersey so it should be fine. She wanted it because its says Gay on theback...she's funny like that...16, what can ya do...lol

carpet muncher?

Steelers Proud
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I see that Khalif Barnes an offensive tackle from Jacksonville is still a FA. I think he could be a good pick up.

Dean Denton
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
carpet muncher?
I guess thats better then a pole puffer...lol