PDA

View Full Version : Ravens reach agreement with Ray Lewis, Matt Birk

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
2 hours ago

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) The Baltimore Ravens brought back a famous Pro Bowl player and added another one, too.

Linebacker Ray Lewis will finish his career with the Ravens after reaching agreement on a multiyear deal with Baltimore, which also agreeed with center Matt Birk on Wednesday.

``From beginning to end as a Raven. ... Wow!'' To be with the same team with the same fans for an entire career, that doesn't happen in the NFL,'' Lewis said. ``I don't think an athlete can have a greater legacy than to be able to stay in one place for an entire career.''

By keeping Lewis, the Ravens fill the void created at inside linebacker when Bart Scott signed with the New York Jets.

``We got better today. Our football team got better. I am very happy,'' general manager Ozzie Newsome said. ``This will allow Ray to finish his career as a Raven.''

Birk replaces last year's starting center, Jason Brown, who signed a five-year, $37.5 million contract with the St. Louis Rams.

``To add a player like Matt, who will also give us outstanding leadership, makes us a better team,'' coach John Harbaugh said. ``We're not standing pat. We're moving forward and getting better.''

Lewis earned his 10th Pro Bowl this season after leading the NFL's second-ranked defense with 160 tackles. He also had 3 1/2 sacks, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.

The Associated Press

Callax
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
damn I hoped he would go somewhere else to take his cryin ***, but I guess we are stuck with kickin his 2x a year until he retires

lol

Bombhunter
03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
They are still gonna suck this year....

Stlrs4Life
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Birk was a pretty good sign. Lewis, I hope they paid big money!

JoeThomas
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
finally, someone staying with a team

DIESELMAN
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
"From beginning to end as a Raven. ... Wow!'' To be with the same team with the same fans for an entire career, that doesn't happen in the NFL,'' Lewis said. ``I don't think an athlete can have a greater legacy than to be able to stay in one place for an entire career.''

He tried to go to Dallas, but they wouldn't have him, hell nobody wanted him. He had no intention of staying with the Ravens his whole career, now he talks this **** like thats what he wanted all along.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
He tried to go to Dallas, but they wouldn't have him, hell nobody wanted him. He had no intention of staying with the Ravens his whole career, now he talks this **** like thats what he wanted all along.

Gay Ray is a douche and this quote just proves it once again....I always thought of Ray Lewis as a very good football player but a bit over-rated.....I don't have Ray Lewis in my top five MLB of all time....

My top five in no order.....Jack Lambert, Ray Nitschke, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and Willie Lanier.......

Maybe I shouldn't even have this list since the only player I have seen play is Singletary but that is my list regardless...lol

BlackGold4vr
03-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I think all the talk was just that......talk. Ray never had any intentions of leaving Baltimore. It is Baltimores scheme that allows Ray to do his thing. The drama and pretense that he was shopping was all just a lame attempt by Ray Ray to drive his own price tag up for Baltimore. I think it is hilarious that he had no offers from other teams. Apparently once again Ray is a legend in his own mind but nobody elses! :hilarious:

Tim Lumber
03-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Yes I love my Baltimore Ravens! We did the right thing signing Ray plu we picked up Pro Bowler Birk...look out steelers! Were coming for your trophy!

--- Added 3/5/2009 at 01:14 AM ---

Birk was a pretty good sign. Lewis, I hope they paid big money! Yes they were a good sign!Its bad news for you though! The Steelers got worst(lost washington and McFadden) while Ravens got better...signed Foxworth,Ray,and Birk! Who did you all sign Strls4life....No body I ever heard of....I feel sorry for you kids!

SteelerRush
03-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Yes I love my Baltimore Ravens! We did the right thing signing Ray plu we picked up Pro Bowler Birk...look out steelers! Were coming for your trophy!

Yes they were a good sign!Its bad news for you though! The Steelers got worst(lost washington and McFadden) while Ravens got better...signed Foxworth,Ray,and Birk! Who did you all sign Strls4life....No body I ever heard of....I feel sorry for you kids!
Ray Lewis is back good for Baltimore! It won't fix there secondary. He is a leader I'll give you that but he is not the same Pro Bowl LB he once was. Losing Rex Ryan was the damaging blow for Baltimore. I still don't see them winning many games next year maybe 9-7 and possibly squeaking into the Playoffs. Joe Flacco is going to have to play much better next year to give them any chance.

DIESELMAN
03-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Yes they were a good sign!Its bad news for you though! The Steelers got worst(lost washington and McFadden) while Ravens got better...signed Foxworth,Ray,and Birk! Who did you all sign Strls4life....No body I ever heard of....I feel sorry for you kids!
Just like a dead head fan, dipping into FA doesn't get you anything except looking good on paper. The Steelers have hardly ever signed big name free agents, our method of building a consistent winner is solid and produces championships, 6 of them as a matter of fact. Go back to the drawing board for your defense, they better come up with something good besides a new DC and a over the hill, over rated MLB. I feel sorry for you punks.....

Tim Lumber
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Ray Lewis is back good for Baltimore! It won't fix there secondary. He is a leader I'll give you that but he is not the same Pro Bowl LB he once was. Losing Rex Ryan was the damaging blow for Baltimore. I still don't see them winning many games next year maybe 9-7 and possibly squeaking into the Playoffs. Joe Flacco is going to have to play much better next year to give them any chance. Our secondary will be fine we have Ed Reed and 3 other great safety's know your facts water boy!

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Our secondary will be fine we have Ed Reed and 3 other great safety's know your facts water boy!

You guys lost Bart Scott and Jim Leonard on your defense to the Jets two key components to last years successful run. Plus, McCalister and Rolle are no longer on your team as well. Dominick Foxworth is a stiff and isnt going to scare anybody. The Steelers have tortured him the last 2 times they played the Denver Broncos when he was on there in the 2005 AFC Championship game and in 2007 when they played them down in Denver. Losing Nate Washington is not going to mean **** to this Steelers team. McFadden might be a little bit bigger loss but the Steelers will do what they always do much like they did with guys like Porter,Randle El,and Faneca they will replace them and not miss a beat. Worry about your ****** inept offense that cant score points with that overrated Joe Flacco who came back down to earth when he actually had to play a real defense in the playoffs here in Pittsburgh. The Ravens will be decent next year but the Steelers in the end are still the team the beat and when all is said and done they will once again be the kings of the AFC North Division.

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 05:03 PM
You guys lost Bart Scott and Jim Leonard on your defense to the Jets two key components to last years successful run. Plus, McCalister and Rolle are no longer on your team as well. Dominick Foxworth is a stiff and isnt going to scare anybody. The Steelers have tortured him the last 2 times they played the Denver Broncos when he was on there in the 2005 AFC Championship game and in 2007 when they played them down in Denver. Losing Nate Washington is not going to mean **** to this Steelers team. McFadden might be a little bit bigger loss but the Steelers will do what they always do much like they did with guys like Porter,Randle El,and Faneca they will replace them and not miss a beat. Worry about your ****** inept offense that cant score points with that overrated Joe Flacco who came back down to earth when he actually had to play a real defense in the playoffs here in Pittsburgh. The Ravens will be decent next year but the Steelers in the end are still the team the beat and when all is said and done they will once again be the kings of the AFC North Division. you left out that the players lost for them, LB's are a big reason for that secondarys success. Great pass rush helps that back field....The Ravens will blow...Also, we have Hobbs now.

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2009, 05:42 PM
you left out that the players lost for them, LB's are a big reason for that secondarys success. Great pass rush helps that back field....The Ravens will blow...Also, we have Hobbs now.

Not only do we have Hobbs but with Haynesworth and his 200 million dollar contract we gave him along with 150 million dollar contract we gave TJ Whosyourmama we are set for 2009. Hope none of these big signings we made here that I just mentioned dont hit us too hard with the salary cap in a few years lol...

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Not only do we have Hobbs but with Haynesworth and his 200 million dollar contract we gave him along with 150 million dollar contract we gave TJ Whosyourmama we are set for 2009. Hope none of these big signings we made here that I just mentioned dont hit us too hard with the salary cap in a few years lol... Good lord man you never throw sarcasm out like that...lol i like it.

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Yea I hate it when my team gets "worst". Hooked on phonics works for me. Read a ****ing book or something dude learn how to spell before you start insulting people on this site...

yinzer
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Our secondary will be fine we have Ed Reed and 3 other great safety's know your facts water boy!

i really don't understand your trash talking since we spanked you not once, not twice, but 3 times this past season. know YOUR fact, waterboy.

Dean Denton
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
i really don't understand your trash talking since we spanked you not once, not twice, but 3 times this past season. know YOUR fact, waterboy. LOL... Their secondary will be fine as long as Ben doesn't get forced to stage a 2 minute drill on their sorry asses....ahahahahahah

lloydfan4life
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Yea I hate it when my team gets "worst". Hooked on phonics works for me. Read a ****ing book or something dude learn how to spell before you start insulting people on this site...

The Beast is coming out in Troy!! I love it!! :cope:

Steelers Proud
03-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Lewis is a has been. I'm glad he's back with the Ravens. He will be a liabillity not an asset. Birk is also on the downside of his career. He was good with the Vikes but they really didn't push hard to sign him, they know he's about done. I don't think he'll be a big factor next year especially having to play against "Big Snack" twice next year.

Tim Lumber
03-06-2009, 03:05 AM
You guys lost Bart Scott and Jim Leonard on your defense to the Jets two key components to last years successful run. Plus, McCalister and Rolle are no longer on your team as well. Dominick Foxworth is a stiff and isnt going to scare anybody. The Steelers have tortured him the last 2 times they played the Denver Broncos when he was on there in the 2005 AFC Championship game and in 2007 when they played them down in Denver. Losing Nate Washington is not going to mean **** to this Steelers team. McFadden might be a little bit bigger loss but the Steelers will do what they always do much like they did with guys like Porter,Randle El,and Faneca they will replace them and not miss a beat. Worry about your ****** inept offense that cant score points with that overrated Joe Flacco who came back down to earth when he actually had to play a real defense in the playoffs here in Pittsburgh. The Ravens will be decent next year but the Steelers in the end are still the team the beat and when all is said and done they will once again be the kings of the AFC North Division. We have a safety named Nakamura a karate champion from Japan Troynotabeast! He is the safety who hit Little Ben with that chop in the back remember that? I bet you dont! We are going to get a quality WR also! We also have Safety Landry on roster remember him? He was Rookie of the year 2 years ago! Ravens aare going to be even better in 09! Know your facts before you ROAR troyisNOTabeast! You got served !!

--- Added 3/6/2009 at 12:59 AM ---

Lewis is a has been. I'm glad he's back with the Ravens. He will be a liabillity not an asset. Birk is also on the downside of his career. He was good with the Vikes but they really didn't push hard to sign him, they know he's about done. I don't think he'll be a big factor next year especially having to play against "Big Snack" twice next year. Hey Water Boy thats what your thing says who are you Adam Sandler? Ray is washed up you say! Just ask your #1 draft pick running back who Ray hit so hard he ended the fools season! And how come no running back(including Steelers has gotten 100 yards rushing in over 3 years? I makje my point Water Boy! Im thirsty..bring me some water!

--- Added 3/6/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

Yea I hate it when my team gets "worst". Hooked on phonics works for me. Read a ****ing book or something dude learn how to spell before you start insulting people on this site... Come on Troy you want to debate me...Im a dam living legend I will school you retard! You are a big dog on this site,but Im the bigger dog...Ruff..Ruff...Ruff! I will embarass you loser! You aint a beast, your a chicken..thats why you wave a yellow towell in the air! You are hooked on phonics! I write for a real newspaper...do you..nope you dont..that makes you a Amateur! I think I made my point thanks for playing the Biggest Loser...you are that..Loser! I am a legend its time you readers start respecting me! One question why was I not on the Ballot for best NON-Steelers Fan..I would have won that hands down! I demand you people get me on that ballot! Free autographs to any one who helps!

Troyisabeast_43
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
We have a safety named Nakamura a karate champion from Japan Troynotabeast! He is the safety who hit Little Ben with that chop in the back remember that? I bet you dont! We are going to get a quality WR also! We also have Safety Landry on roster remember him? He was Rookie of the year 2 years ago! Ravens aare going to be even better in 09! Know your facts before you ROAR troyisNOTabeast! You got served !!

--- Added 3/6/2009 at 12:59 AM ---

Hey Water Boy thats what your thing says who are you Adam Sandler? Ray is washed up you say! Just ask your #1 draft pick running back who Ray hit so hard he ended the fools season! And how come no running back(including Steelers has gotten 100 yards rushing in over 3 years? I makje my point Water Boy! Im thirsty..bring me some water!

--- Added 3/6/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

Come on Troy you want to debate me...Im a dam living legend I will school you retard! You are a big dog on this site,but Im the bigger dog...Ruff..Ruff...Ruff! I will embarass you loser! You aint a beast, your a chicken..thats why you wave a yellow towell in the air! You are hooked on phonics! I write for a real newspaper...do you..nope you dont..that makes you a Amateur! I think I made my point thanks for playing the Biggest Loser...you are that..Loser! I am a legend its time you readers start respecting me! One question why was I not on the Ballot for best NON-Steelers Fan..I would have won that hands down! I demand you people get me on that ballot! Free autographs to any one who helps!

Dude seriously stop embarrassing yourself and acting like a total ****ing douchebag on here. You seriously are going to come on here and talk **** on the Steelers when they ****ing beat your sorry *** Ravens 3 times this year?? I dont remember Nakamura or Landry too much they must have been the ones chasing Santanio Holmes in the AFC Championship game when he ran for that 65 yard TD he made out of nothing after the catch, or they must have been attempting to tackle guys like Hines Ward on that game winning 92 yard drive in Baltimore that won the Steelers the division on December 14th in Baltimore. Those plays ring a bell to you remember those?? As for Troy well he is pretty much the one that put your overrated fluky sorry *** season to bed by intercepting overrated Joe Flacco and then running by every sorry *** **** for a pick 6 on your inept offense in the AFC Championship game. I'm sure you remember that play I think you mentioned on here when it happened you started to cry and sob on your **** shaped pillow you own in your bedroom...

DIESELMAN
03-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Dude seriously stop embarrassing yourself and acting like a total ****ing douchebag on here. You seriously are going to come on here and talk **** on the Steelers when they ****ing beat your sorry *** Ravens 3 times this year?? I dont remember Nakamura or Landry too much they must have been the ones chasing Santanio Holmes in the AFC Championship game when he ran for that 65 yard TD he made out of nothing after the catch, or they must have been attempting to tackle guys like Hines Ward on that game winning 92 yard drive in Baltimore that won the Steelers the division on December 14th in Baltimore. Those plays ring a bell to you remember those?? As for Troy well he is pretty much the one that put your overrated fluky sorry *** season to bed by intercepting overrated Joe Flacco and then running by every sorry *** **** for a pick 6 on your inept offense in the AFC Championship game. I'm sure you remember that play I think you mentioned on here when it happened you started to cry and sob on your **** shaped pillow you own in your bedroom...
:plus1:

We also have Safety Landry on roster remember him? He was Rookie of the year 2 years ago! Ravens aare going to be even better in 09! Know your facts before you ROAR troyisNOTabeast! You got served !!

Landry might have won the Ratbirds rookie of the year award but he damn sure didn't win the NFL's, that went to DeMeco Ryans in 2006. Theirs an old saying, its better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if your stupid, then to open it and show them you are stupid, you might want to take that advice Tim Dumber and Dumberer.:lol: To think, you were the fastest sperm out of your daddy :duh:

Dean Denton
03-06-2009, 07:41 PM

Landry might have won the Ratbirds rookie of the year award but he damn sure didn't win the NFL's, that went to DeMeco Ryans in 2006. Theirs an old saying, its better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if your stupid, then to open it and show them you are stupid, you might want to take that advice Tim Dumber and Dumberer.:lol: To think, you were the fastest sperm out of your daddy :duh:I know..he should have been the one in the towel..your too funny.

Tim Lumber
03-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Dude seriously stop embarrassing yourself and acting like a total ****ing douchebag on here. You seriously are going to come on here and talk **** on the Steelers when they ****ing beat your sorry *** Ravens 3 times this year?? I dont remember Nakamura or Landry too much they must have been the ones chasing Santanio Holmes in the AFC Championship game when he ran for that 65 yard TD he made out of nothing after the catch, or they must have been attempting to tackle guys like Hines Ward on that game winning 92 yard drive in Baltimore that won the Steelers the division on December 14th in Baltimore. Those plays ring a bell to you remember those?? As for Troy well he is pretty much the one that put your overrated fluky sorry *** season to bed by intercepting overrated Joe Flacco and then running by every sorry *** **** for a pick 6 on your inept offense in the AFC Championship game. I'm sure you remember that play I think you mentioned on here when it happened you started to cry and sob on your **** shaped pillow you own in your bedroom... Troyisnotabeast YES I was sad when troy intercepted that pass! I wasnt sad I was devistated! Remember all 3 of our top cornerbacks were hurt that game! Next year we have a new kid on the block named Foxworth...Yeah you all beat my Ravens 3 times...but that was last year! I dont look back in time! This year we get some payback Raven style! Ravens will win the super Bowl this year...No Joke!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 01:03 AM ---

Landry might have won the Ratbirds rookie of the year award but he damn sure didn't win the NFL's, that went to DeMeco Ryans in 2006. Theirs an old saying, its better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if your stupid, then to open it and show them you are stupid, you might want to take that advice Tim Dumber and Dumberer.:lol: To think, you were the fastest sperm out of your daddy :duh: Dieselman Landry won Defense Rookie of the Year in 2007....not 2006! Check 2006 or 2007 nfl defense rookie of the year(Landry got hurt was out all last year) we are weak at safety slots...Ha Ha Ha! We will be just fine....also ever hear of Ed Reed...He intercepted Ben several times!!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 01:06 AM ---

Ravens have probally the best secondary in football troyisnotabeast! Sorry your quotes are off target! Im glad you dont shoot darts..you would never hit the bulls eye! You would probally throw the dart and hit some fool in his head!

DIESELMAN
03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Dieselman Landry won Defense Rookie of the Year in 2007....not 2006! Check 2006 or 2007 nfl defense rookie of the year(Landry got hurt was out all last year) we are weak at safety slots...Ha Ha Ha! We will be just fine....also ever hear of Ed Reed...He intercepted Ben several times!!

Hmmm.....Lets see, try and keep up with me here Tim Dumber. Landry was drafted in 2006, a 5th round pick. Now, here is where you need to pay real close attention, ready? Landry was a rookie in 2006!! DeMeco Ryans won DROY in 2006!!! Now in 2007, Patrick Willis won the DROY award!!! No way Dawan Landry even sniffs the DROY with Ryans and Willis in the league. Like I said, earlier, he might have won his teams DROY, but he damn sure didn't win the NFL's.

I'll even throw in a link for ya.....Check your facts before you post up!!! (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/history/awards/apdroy)

yinzer
03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
this is pretty funny, actually. not only does the ratbird troll not know football, he keeps coming back for more! priceless! nice post, diesel! :yellowthumb:

Tim Lumber
03-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Hmmm.....Lets see, try and keep up with me here Tim Dumber. Landry was drafted in 2006, a 5th round pick. Now, here is where you need to pay real close attention, ready? Landry was a rookie in 2006!! DeMeco Ryans won DROY in 2006!!! Now in 2007, Patrick Willis won the DROY award!!! No way Dawan Landry even sniffs the DROY with Ryans and Willis in the league. Like I said, earlier, he might have won his teams DROY, but he damn sure didn't win the NFL's.

I'll even throw in a link for ya.....Check your facts before you post up!!! (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/history/awards/apdroy) O.K. what can I say Dieslman you proved me wrong!I swore he won defensive rookie of the year...maybe it was pepsi award or something! But here in Baltimore we still feel Jim Leonard was a better safety than Landry! You win this round Dieselman! You can tell all your friends you once beat Tim Lumber in a debate!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 12:45 PM ---

this is pretty funny, actually. not only does the ratbird troll not know football, he keeps coming back for more! priceless! nice postdiesel! :yellowthumb: Finally somebody proved me wrong Yinzer what can I say? Thats all Diesel has in him though! He has been running on fumes for some time now! Your bound to get Lucky once in a while! I was 50-0 against him in debates until this...I made a mistake and he picked up his first point of this debate game! At least Dieselman wont get shut out!

Troyisabeast_43
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Troyisnotabeast YES I was sad when troy intercepted that pass! I wasnt sad I was devistated! Remember all 3 of our top cornerbacks were hurt that game! Next year we have a new kid on the block named Foxworth...Yeah you all beat my Ravens 3 times...but that was last year! I dont look back in time! This year we get some payback Raven style! Ravens will win the super Bowl this year...No Joke!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 01:03 AM ---

Dieselman Landry won Defense Rookie of the Year in 2007....not 2006! Check 2006 or 2007 nfl defense rookie of the year(Landry got hurt was out all last year) we are weak at safety slots...Ha Ha Ha! We will be just fine....also ever hear of Ed Reed...He intercepted Ben several times!!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 01:06 AM ---

Ravens have probally the best secondary in football troyisnotabeast! Sorry your quotes are off target! Im glad you dont shoot darts..you would never hit the bulls eye! You would probally throw the dart and hit some fool in his head!

Yea I heard of Ed Reed but I sure as **** didnt hear much about him in the AFC Championship game. Did he even play or make any plays in that game against our offense?? I mean I do remember Holmes running by him when and Miller laying a block on his *** on that 65 yard td catch and run. Reed looks good and makes big plays against stiff teams like Miami and Tennessee in the playoffs, but when he had to play a real team and a real QB like Ben Roethlisberger instead of Pennington and Collins you didnt even hear his name called one time in the AFC Championship game.

The Ravens are **** just like your offense is. Did you actually think that Joe Flacco would be able to do what he did in that streak of games where the Ravens won games in November and December against **** teams. Did you think he would be able to do that against the Steelers defense and actually play well in the Championship game?? Flacco is a bitch and the Steelers owned his rookie *** this year and will continue to own him. The Ravens dont scare me or worry me or scare the Steelers period. They cant score points on offense. All this talk this year from the media about how the Ravens now have an offense that can keep pace and score points was a complete bunch of **** and it never worried me for one second because I knew the Ravens offense still had to rely on their defense to get them points. The only reason they won all those games in November and December was because their defense got turnovers for their offense and either scored TD's off of them or gave them a short field time after time. It's easy to look good against the teams the Ravens beat in that stretch such as Miami twice,Houston,Philly who was a mess at the time they beat them,the Redskins, and the choking Dallas Cowboys. Keep telling overrated Ray to keep coming in and making tackles after the plays are over so it looks like he actually does something of relevance during the game since that's the only thing he ever does. Enjoy 2nd place in 2009 and another season of getting your *** kicked by the greatest franchise in NFL History the 6 time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

DIESELMAN
03-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Yea I heard of Ed Reed but I sure as **** didnt hear much about him in the AFC Championship game. Did he even play or make any plays in that game against our offense?? I mean I do remember Holmes running by him when and Miller laying a block on his *** on that 65 yard td catch and run. Reed looks good and makes big plays against stiff teams like Miami and Tennessee in the playoffs, but when he had to play a real team and a real QB like Ben Roethlisberger instead of Pennington and Collins you didnt even hear his name called one time in the AFC Championship game.

The Ravens are **** just like your offense is. Did you actually think that Joe Flacco would be able to do what he did in that streak of games where the Ravens won games in November and December against **** teams. Did you think he would be able to do that against the Steelers defense and actually play well in the Championship game?? Flacco is a bitch and the Steelers owned his rookie *** this year and will continue to own him. The Ravens dont scare me or worry me or scare the Steelers period. They cant score points on offense. All this talk this year from the media about how the Ravens now have an offense that can keep pace and score points was a complete bunch of **** and it never worried me for one second because I knew the Ravens offense still had to rely on their defense to get them points. The only reason they won all those games in November and December was because their defense got turnovers for their offense and either scored TD's off of them or gave them a short field time after time. It's easy to look good against the teams the Ravens beat in that stretch such as Miami twice,Houston,Philly who was a mess at the time they beat them,the Redskins, and the choking Dallas Cowboys. Keep telling overrated Ray to keep coming in and making tackles after the plays are over so it looks like he actually does something of relevance during the game since that's the only thing he ever does. Enjoy 2nd place in 2009 and another season of getting your *** kicked by the greatest franchise in NFL History the 6 time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

Good post bro.....as usual!! :cope::cope::cope:

O.K. what can I say Dieslman you proved me wrong!I swore he won defensive rookie of the year...maybe it was pepsi award or something! But here in Baltimore we still feel Jim Leonard was a better safety than Landry! You win this round Dieselman! You can tell all your friends you once beat Tim Lumber in a debate!

--- Added 3/7/2009 at 12:45 PM ---

Finally somebody proved me wrong Yinzer what can I say? Thats all Diesel has in him though! He has been running on fumes for some time now! Your bound to get Lucky once in a while! I was 50-0 against him in debates until this...I made a mistake and he picked up his first point of this debate game! At least Dieselman wont get shut out!

yeah and it wasn't that hard to do, to prove you wrong, took all of 30 seconds :sleepy:
I'm not worried about winning rounds or keeping score. I keep it real and call bullshit when I see it and you are most definitely bullshit!! You'll dry up and blow away sooner then later......

Tim Lumber
03-07-2009, 10:37 PM
You talking to me dieselman....go fix a truck or something you Grease Monkey(aint that what they call machanics? Ha Ha Ha) Notice the new photo...its of Joe Flacco..This year he gets payback's!

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
You talking to me dieselman....go fix a truck or something you Grease Monkey(aint that what they call machanics? Ha Ha Ha) Notice the new photo...its of Joe Flacco..This year he gets payback's!

Keep coming back for more Little Timmy Lumber****. Keep trying to come on here and think that what you say and your comments actually have relevance and are important. I thought Dawgs fan for the Browns was bad but this **** here is the poster child for trolls, and fans of opposing teams who come on other teams message boards and continually stick their foot in their mouths time and time again. Do you actually think that the Steelers or us fans on the boards here after spanking the Ravens 3 times this past season and having virtually the same exact team coming back next season are seriously worried about the Ravens in 2009??

The Ravens schedule next season is not going to do them any favors either. They have to play games at New England,San Diego,Minnesota,and Green Bay. And have another game at home with the Colts as well. The Steelers next season avoid all of that and do play Minnesota and Green Bay the two best teams in the NFC North but they play them at Heinz Field. They also do play San Diego but they play them at home as well here at Heinz Field where we own the Chargers and a place where the Chargers cant win and that's on the East Coast. The Steelers dont have to play the Patriots or the Colts next season either. They play the Titans and Dolphins instead since they both won their respective divisions this past season. Avoiding the Colts and Manning is always a good thing since they are always a tough battle, and plus the Colts always beat the living **** out of the Ravens as long as Manning has been the Colts QB no matter where they play them. So goodluck having the tougher schedule next season having about 4-5 extra losses right there that I just mentioned.

Tim Lumber
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Let me give you a point also Troyisnotabeast! You earned this point! My Ravens hate playing the dam Colts(most hated team to us) They not only steal our football team but they whip us every time we play them! Last 2 times no joke our cornerbacks were hurt! This year we have Foxworth so things will be different! Every defensive player plays good with us because Ray Lewis gets them motivated...I promise we beat Pittsburgh this year! Joe Flacco already said he is looking forward to redemption against the Steelers! I put his photo up so you remember your Steelers worst nightmare in 2009!

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Let me give you a point also Troyisnotabeast! You earned this point! My Ravens hate playing the dam Colts(most hated team to us) They not only steal our football team but they whip us every time we play them! Last 2 times no joke our cornerbacks were hurt! This year we have Foxworth so things will be different! Every defensive player plays good with us because Ray Lewis gets them motivated...I promise we beat Pittsburgh this year! Joe Flacco already said he is looking forward to redemption against the Steelers! I put his photo up so you remember your Steelers worst nightmare in 2009!

Foxworth is a stiff and the Steelers smoked him the last 2 times they played him when he was on the Broncos in the 2005 AFC Championship game, and in 2007 when they played the Broncos in the regular season. If you think the Steelers as a team and fans on this board are worried about the Ravens signing Foxworth then you need to give me some of that crack you're smoking because I want some of it. Dont even come on here and use injuries as an excuse for why you guys lost to the Steelers or anybody else. The Steelers had a ton of injuries all season long up until late November early December when they finally got completely healthy. The first time they played the Ravens in Pittsburgh in the game the Steelers won in overtime they had no Parker,Hampton,or Keisel 3 huge components on our football team. And also the offensive line at that time was in shambles. The Steelers lost guys at a time this year such as Parker,McFadden,Hampton,Keisel,Heath Miller,Woodley, and Holmes one game due to the drug issue, and had to patchwork their offensive line for the majority of the season. Injuries are a part of football as Mike Tomlin says. The good teams overcome them and win the teams that arent good enough like the Ravens for example use them as an excuse like you're doing here. But it's okay keep coming back for more and writing check's with your mouth that your *** cant cash.

Tim Lumber
03-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Its hard for a football team to be competitive when you have 2 reject cornerbacks who couldnt cover a senior citizen(see Ravens 08) Foxworth will be better with the Ravens just like Duane Starks another fast cornerback was succesful with us and NOT succesful with other teams! The reason as ESPN and Ozzie Newsome have stated is with our(Ravens) world class pass rush Foxworth will be more effective as a CB! Plus Foxworth is from Baltimore giving him extra motivation! I cant wait to play the Steelers next year! We get some revenge Troy! And when it comes to safetys in the NFL Ed Reed is way better than Troy!! Ask any football analyst!

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Its hard for a football team to be competitive when you have 2 reject cornerbacks who couldnt cover a senior citizen(see Ravens 08) Foxworth will be better with the Ravens just like Duane Starks another fast cornerback was succesful with us and NOT succesful with other teams! The reason as ESPN and Ozzie Newsome have stated is with our(Ravens) world class pass rush Foxworth will be more effective as a CB! Plus Foxworth is from Baltimore giving him extra motivation! I cant wait to play the Steelers next year! We get some revenge Troy! And when it comes to safetys in the NFL Ed Reed is way better than Troy!! Ask any football analyst!

I dont listen to what any analyst around the league says on ESPN or the NFL Network about if Reed is better then Troy or what they say about the Steelers because the fact of the matter is all of those guys on there if you listen to them hate the Steelers and will do everything in their power to not say how good they really are, and never give them credit at all for being an elite team in the league. Is that the same Ed Reed that you say is better then Troy that you didnt even hear his name mentioned in the AFC Championship game and didnt even know he was on the field?? While in contrast, Troy was making big play and big tackle after another and intercepting a ball for a pick 6 late in the 4th quarter which sealed the game and a trip to the Super Bowl. People can say what they want about Ed Reed being better then Troy Polamalu, but in the end Troy Polamalu has something that Ed Reed doesnt have as the leader of this defense in the 6 years he has been the starting safety as the Pittsburgh Steelers and that is 2 Super Bowl rings. What does Ed Reed have to show for all his greatness?? ZEROOOOOOOO SUPER BOWL RINGS....

DIESELMAN
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Time will tell if all these Ratbird signings will be of any impact. We will probably revisit this thread like we do with the Brownies threads and say "We told you so" :greengrin:

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Time will tell if all these Ratbird signings will be of any impact. We will probably revisit this thread like we do with the Brownies threads and say "We told you so" :greengrin:

It's ok Big D let this punk keep putting his foot in his mouth and keep digging himself a bigger hole. He is like a guy trying to dig out of quicksand in the harder he tries to dig himself out the further he is going to sink, and sink he will continue to do bank on it....

Tim Lumber
03-10-2009, 04:00 AM
It's ok Big D let this punk keep putting his foot in his mouth and keep digging himself a bigger hole. He is like a guy trying to dig out of quicksand in the harder he tries to dig himself out the further he is going to sink, and sink he will continue to do bank on it.... This aint the ATARI, my name is not PITTFALL harry! I see no quicksand! Even though I heard all you wear is that dorky Quicksand clothing line...Ha Ha! Also I am not the classic video game DIG DUG! I never dig myself in a hole with my world class/catchy phrases! You better find a leash and collar if you want to stop this big DOG!! Ruff...RuFF....Ruff...Ruff!!

--- Added 3/10/2009 at 02:00 AM ---

Time will tell if all these Ratbird signings will be of any impact. We will probably revisit this thread like we do with the Brownies threads and say "We told you so" :greengrin: I promise this year it wwill be me telling you..I told you so! Honestly this has to be the best Ravens team on paper this season we EVER had! So look out Dieselman your about to get run over by the Raven Express! Get off the track Bucky!

lloydfan4life
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM

you are so funny I can't contain my laughter. grease monkey?? are you f*ckin' serious dude?? You can't be more than 6 or 7, on mommy's computer trying to hang with the big boys.

:thinking: what photo Timmy??

Tim Lumber
03-11-2009, 01:22 AM
you are so funny I can't contain my laughter. grease monkey?? are you f*ckin' serious dude?? You can't be more than 6 or 7, on mommy's computer trying to hang with the big boys.

:thinking: what photo Timmy?? Somebody took it down(photo) and gave me this dumb picture! I have to admit you been winning so far on my DEBATE blog! I have to keep it clean over there! I will school you there just like here though! I always Win a legend Never Loses! And Yes Im f*ckin serious dude! iM 33!aND i HAVE MY OWN COMPUTER! I been doing more than hanging with you Little Boys, last time I check I been Destroying you Little Kids on here! I am the Big Dog...Ruff..Ruff!!

PsychoWard
03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Somebody took it down(photo) and gave me this dumb picture! I have to admit you been winning so far on my DEBATE blog! I have to keep it clean over there! I will school you there just like here though! I always Win a legend Never Loses! And Yes Im f*ckin serious dude! iM 33!aND i HAVE MY OWN COMPUTER! I been doing more than hanging with you Little Boys, last time I check I been Destroying you Little Kids on here! I am the Big Dog...Ruff..Ruff!!

dude wow you really got me concerned now!!!! what other "little boys" are you hanging out with???? :wtf:

lloydfan4life
03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Somebody took it down(photo) and gave me this dumb picture! I have to admit you been winning so far on my DEBATE blog! I have to keep it clean over there! I will school you there just like here though! I always Win a legend Never Loses! And Yes Im f*ckin serious dude! iM 33!aND i HAVE MY OWN COMPUTER! I been doing more than hanging with you Little Boys, last time I check I been Destroying you Little Kids on here! I am the Big Dog...Ruff..Ruff!!

You're 33 and type like you're 3! Go home now douchebag.

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Love your avitar. your kinda like a closet fag. thats real sweet. I think I'll take it easy on you. Its tough when you first come out. I saw that on the DR. Phil show once...poor little fella. Hang in there.

$teelersRule
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM

nothing you say ever makes any sense... all you ever say is just plain garbage. i came across the garbage you wrote on SI and it is no different. i seriously think you need some professional help or maybe just a bridge you can just go jump off of...

Tim Lumber
03-12-2009, 02:47 AM
nothing you say ever makes any sense... all you ever say is just plain garbage. i came across the garbage you wrote on SI and it is no different. i seriously think you need some professional help or maybe just a bridge you can just go jump off of... i THINK YOU NEED HELP...LOSER! After all who puts a picture of a clevlabd browns fan on there comment board...a loser! Go Ravens(that banner next to my comment i didnt put that,I love the ravens!) Maybe you should jump off the bridge,that or sign your self in to a MENTAL HOSPITAL!

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 12:41 AM ---

Love your avitar. your kinda like a closet fag. thats real sweet. I think I'll take it easy on you. Its tough when you first come out. I saw that on the DR. Phil show once...poor little fella. Hang in there. dEAN dEnton you are the one who acts like a closet fag! I never picked that photo! Are you that dumb you think I did? They should have put that sailor picture on your posts! I heard your into Sea-man..thats the way you been floating since 1983! I heard some guy gave you a life jacket with his phone number on it...Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 12:47 AM ---

You're 33 and type like you're 3! Go home now douchebag. LLOYDFAN4LIFE THURSDAY AT AROUND 8AM TO 10AM THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW YOU AS A DIEHARD REDSKIN FAN! i PUT YOU IN MY NEW BLOG! AND THANKS A LOT FOR PUTTING MY NAME ON FAKE COMMENTS YOU DUMMY! i PUT YOU IN MY BLOG,NOW YOU CAN TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOU WERE IN A STORY WRITTEN BY THE LIVING LEGEND TIM LUMBER! yOu Redskin fan...I mean Deadskin fan! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

lloydfan4life
03-12-2009, 03:12 AM
i THINK YOU NEED HELP...LOSER! After all who puts a picture of a clevlabd browns fan on there comment board...a loser! Go Ravens(that banner next to my comment i didnt put that,I love the ravens!) Maybe you should jump off the bridge,that or sign your self in to a MENTAL HOSPITAL!

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 12:41 AM ---

dEAN dEnton you are the one who acts like a closet fag! I never picked that photo! Are you that dumb you think I did? They should have put that sailor picture on your posts! I heard your into Sea-man..thats the way you been floating since 1983! I heard some guy gave you a life jacket with his phone number on it...Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

--- Added 3/12/2009 at 12:47 AM ---

LLOYDFAN4LIFE THURSDAY AT AROUND 8AM TO 10AM THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW YOU AS A DIEHARD REDSKIN FAN! i PUT YOU IN MY NEW BLOG! AND THANKS A LOT FOR PUTTING MY NAME ON FAKE COMMENTS YOU DUMMY! i PUT YOU IN MY BLOG,NOW YOU CAN TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOU WERE IN A STORY WRITTEN BY THE LIVING LEGEND TIM LUMBER! yOu Redskin fan...I mean Deadskin fan! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

gosh Timbo... you really outsmarted me. :duh: How did you become so intelligent all of a sudden? Wait a minute... you're not going to tell me that this really isn't you talking, are you? :nono: That's pretty lame Tiny Tim. How could somebody be posting using your sign on name? I think you're just too much of a p*ssy to own up to all the stupid comments you've been making. Alcohol makes YOU do stupid stuff behind your mommy's keyboard, doesn't it? :yesnod:

BR7
03-12-2009, 03:24 AM
That's pretty lame Tiny Tim. How could somebody be posting using your sign on name? I think you're just too much of a p*ssy to own up to all the stupid comments you've been making. Alcohol makes YOU do stupid stuff behind your mommy's keyboard, doesn't it? :yesnod:

here's how..

First off someone has my code there using my name on comments!

I'm ****ing laughing so hard I'm crying... maybe you type in your sleep?

This one is my favorite..

March 11, 2009 @ 02:14 PM: timlumber1

I am the real tim lumber. look at the name above the post einstine (it say timlumber1). that is me! anyone other than it says timlumber1 is an imposer!! i will take your job soon and I will make 7 figures (including the change!!!!!) so what do you think of that??!! I win agian RUFF RUFF!! (Haha!!). Fredericknewspost rules!! beste fans around!

Sessa (allegedly) makes 6 figures, so your reply is you will make 7 including the change. Um, lol.. thats still less than 6.

wtf is an imposer? And who is einstine?

lloydfan4life
03-12-2009, 03:43 AM
March 11, 2009 @ 02:14 PM: timlumber1

I am the real tim lumber. look at the name above the post einstine (it say timlumber1). that is me! anyone other than it says timlumber1 is an imposer!! i will take your job soon and I will make 7 figures (including the change!!!!!) so what do you think of that??!! I win agian RUFF RUFF!! (Haha!!). Fredericknewspost rules!! beste fans around!

I'm ****ing laughing so hard I'm crying...

That makes two of us!! :hilarious: Seriously... nobody can actually be this dumb...... can they? :duh:

Oh wait!! He's a ratbird fan... I take that back. I guess they can! :lol:

Tim Lumber
03-12-2009, 04:40 AM
gosh Timbo... you really outsmarted me. :duh: How did you become so intelligent all of a sudden? Wait a minute... you're not going to tell me that this really isn't you talking, are you? :nono: That's pretty lame Tiny Tim. How could somebody be posting using your sign on name? I think you're just too much of a p*ssy to own up to all the stupid comments you've been making. Alcohol makes YOU do stupid stuff behind your mommy's keyboard, doesn't it? :yesnod: And please dont tell me you didnt say you were a redskins fan as my blob story indicates! Your abour to be known as a die hard redskin fan,,Ha Ha Ha!