PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Hobbs now a Steeler?

portcityblackandgold
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I just read this on another website. Is there any truth to this?

JensK
03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I doubt that. He won't become a free agent untill next year as far as i know.

AZ_Steeler
03-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Here's a good source for breaking news like that: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I didn't see anything about Hobbs so it's probably not true or you got an up to the second update

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
There's nothing on Yahoo, PG, or the Trib about it yet so who knows?

SteelersWoman
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Somebody was just tryin to be a comedian--I found this at :
http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=NFL&thread.id=123917

Foxborough-
"In an effort to create cap space to sign their numerous draft picks in the upcoming season. The New England Patriots have struck a deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers sending them the 4 year veteran starting cornerback for an undisclosed 2010 draft pick. The trade was a shocker coming so soon after a trade that sent Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to Kansas City for the rock bottom price of a second round draft pick.
"I am in shock" stated Hobbs "I didn't see this coming, I am very upset I wasn't given any notice, I thought that I would be here for years to come." Hobbs was visibly shaken. "I will be the best Steeler I can be, but I will always be a Patriot at heart."
Bill Belichick could not be reached for comment. However, a team spokesman declared "This is just buisness, we loved everything he (Hobbs) did for us and we wish him luck in his carrer."
Hobbs recorded 198 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 9 interceptions in his four year carrer with New England.
The deal helped Pittsburgh sure up an already dominant secondary as they expect to lose Bryant McFadden to free agency. McFadden is the backup to Deshae Townsend who is an aging cornerback. The trade also includes an option for Pittsburgh to pick up Richard Seymore for a cheese sandwich and an autograpghed Ben Roethlisberger jersey".

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Somebody was just tryin to be a comedian--I found this at :
http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=NFL&thread.id=123917

Foxborough-
"In an effort to create cap space to sign their numerous draft picks in the upcoming season. The New England Patriots have struck a deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers sending them the 4 year veteran starting cornerback for an undisclosed 2010 draft pick. The trade was a shocker coming so soon after a trade that sent Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to Kansas City for the rock bottom price of a second round draft pick.
"I am in shock" stated Hobbs "I didn't see this coming, I am very upset I wasn't given any notice, I thought that I would be here for years to come." Hobbs was visibly shaken. "I will be the best Steeler I can be, but I will always be a Patriot at heart."
Bill Belichick could not be reached for comment. However, a team spokesman declared "This is just buisness, we loved everything he (Hobbs) did for us and we wish him luck in his carrer."
Hobbs recorded 198 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 9 interceptions in his four year carrer with New England.
The deal helped Pittsburgh sure up an already dominant secondary as they expect to lose Bryant McFadden to free agency. McFadden is the backup to Deshae Townsend who is an aging cornerback. The trade also includes an option for Pittsburgh to pick up Richard Seymore for a cheese sandwich and an autograpghed Ben Roethlisberger jersey". Are you makin this up? could we really get Seymore for a cheese sandwich?

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Are you makin this up? could we really get Seymore for a cheese sandwich?

I don't think it'd be worth it..cheese sandwhiches are pretty damn delicious.

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think it'd be worth it..cheese sandwhiches are pretty damn delicious.
I like mine with mustard...What about you?

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Grilled man...it's the only way to eat a cheese sandwich.

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Grilled man...it's the only way to eat a cheese sandwich.
dude you rock. Thats why I was voting for you.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:38 PM ---

How, what about Hobbs? Are we ok with this? I dont know much of this guy.

Zachintosh66
03-05-2009, 06:16 AM
hafta change your user name to: ItAintEasyBeingCheezy

slashsteel
03-07-2009, 11:41 PM
And don't forget a bowl of Tomato soup to dump the Grilled cheese in but of course.:yellowthumb:

AZ_Steeler
03-08-2009, 11:53 AM
And don't forget a bowl of Tomato soup to dump the Grilled cheese in but of course.:yellowthumb:

mmmmmm... bringing back memories of my moms tomato soup and gc sandwiches :drool:

Stairwayto7
03-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Man talk about hi-jacking a thread! LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Maybe we'll see the virgin mary in the grilled cheese ?

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe we'll see the virgin mary in the grilled cheese ?

If that happens it's straight to EBAY.....Cha-chiiiiiiing!:greengrin:

Dee Mca
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I like my grilled cheese made out of SWISS none of that government cheese for me PLZ!!!

$teelersRule
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM

yes, that is THE BEST!:yesnod: