PDA

View Full Version : CB McFadden talking to Cards; **UPDATE** Cardinals land McFadden

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals battled in Super Bowl XLIII, and they’re having a pseudo rematch today.

Steelers free-agent CB Bryant McFadden is visiting the Cardinals today. The Steelers would like to re-sign McFadden, but former Pittsburgh assistant coaches Ken Whisenhunt (now Arizona’s head coach) and Russ Grimm (now an Arizona assistant) will try to convince McFadden to follow the same path they did.

Looks like Pittsburgh West is at it again. Not smart enough to find their own talent apparently. :nono:

K Train
03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
cant really blame them, the dude can ball and they have DRC and rolle...that would be a solid secondary...

Callax
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Arizona has a running game problem,
They don't have one!!
they should concentate on building up their OL to be able to run and get a stud RB
can't win by throwing for 450 yds, (usually) especially in playoffs
leave mcfadden alone u need him like a hole in the head
find your own talent !!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Find your own talent is so such a stupid statement.....That is the purpose of free agency for teams to raid other teams talent.....If the Steelers want McFadden back then they will have to pay him the money he wants.......

K Train
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
if they sign him they will have a very talented secondary with wilson, DRC, rolle and bmac

Prosdo
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Really hope he doesn't sign with them. I want to see the Steelers bring him back.

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't think we will be able to pay him enough to stay.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Man I really want to keep McFadden in house. If he goes to the Cards then I fully expect Hines Ward to light his *** up when we play them next season!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Man I really want to keep McFadden in house. If he goes to the Cards then I fully expect Hines Ward to light his *** up when we play them next season!

The Steelers don't play the Cards until 2011.....We play the AFC West and NFC North next year.....Then in 2010 it would be the AFC East and NFC South......2011 would be the AFC South and NFC West........

Stairwayto7
03-01-2009, 08:23 PM

LOL! If I were McFadden, I would be thinking " hmmm the Steelers will have all thier key players still intact, and could make a run for a few more seasons". Ari, on the other hand will be lead by Matt Lienart! Decision made, Steelers!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 08:26 PM
At this point why would McFadden care if the Steelers could make another run the next few years.....He has already has played for two Super Bowl champions and this could be his last chance to sign a phat contract......McFadden is looking for a big pay day and I don't blame him......

K Train
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
it depends on what he really wants....hes got a chance to be a part of something special here, some players want money and some want glory. hes not gonna be broke if he stays here and thats for damn sure, but hes not gonna be on a defense that has the chance to break records in arizona either....it comes down to what he wants and the steelers arent gonna lose any sleep on whatever he decides.

some players would play for damn near nothing if they ended up with a fist full of jewelry

steelcityrockers
03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Arizona has a running game problem,
They don't have one!!
they should concentate on building up their OL to be able to run and get a stud RB
can't win by throwing for 450 yds, (usually) especially in playoffs
leave mcfadden alone u need him like a hole in the head
find your own talent !!!

They need him pretty badly. Rod Hood isn't a good starter and they don't have much depth at corner. Find you own talent is a ludicrous assertion. And the Cardinals OL is not the problem.

Steel Trap86
03-02-2009, 02:59 AM

YES!:cope:

Hines Ward is the ****in man, so glad we have that guy on lock. He wouldnt go anywhere even if he was a FA. You want to see how you play some real football take a look at Ward, he's as complete as they come. As for MacFadden, I'd like to see him stay too, but I dont think its gonna happen, a lot of teams could use a corner like him and will be willing to pay big bucks for it, he might slip away. Its a shame too, that we franchise players like Starks and resigning O-Liners, when we should be locking up MacFadden & maybe even Nate & Leftwich.

JensK
03-02-2009, 04:25 AM
All i want for christmas is McFadden! :P No really, i don't care at all if we are able to sign Washington or not, but i really want McFadden to be resigned. Gay is a pretty big step-back over McFadden.

TampaSteelGirl
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
LOL! If I were McFadden, I would be thinking " hmmm the Steelers will have all thier key players still intact, and could make a run for a few more seasons". Ari, on the other hand will be lead by Matt Lienart! Decision made, Steelers!

I was thinking the same thing!! LOL!! Matt Lienhart??? I think he's a joke!! My opinion!

MillerTime83
03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing!! LOL!! Matt Lienhart??? I think he's a joke!! My opinion!

I think after 2 rings everyone would fly the coupe. Think about it if you could make even 1 million a year more to live in anouther city and do the same job, but for a boss u didnt know anything about. Fact is he got 2 rings and some great players dont even get one. He will go out and get paid since he is the best on the market at this time. Although it will be a big loss the Steelers will move on and not look back.

Only reason I would stay if im McFadden is because of Dick and Ben. You know they do work year after year.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
All i want for christmas is McFadden! :P No really, i don't care at all if we are able to sign Washington or not, but i really want McFadden to be resigned. Gay is a pretty big step-back over McFadden.

Gay will be ok:tt02:, he is coming along like McFadden did:yesnod:, an now that he has the starting role i think he will shine IMO. Pittsburgh West will throw an ton of money at McFadden:yesnod:plus he has 2 rings already, so now it's time to get PAIDED, plus he's in the prime of his career, as long as we have Tomlin i'm not worried about our D.B's:clap:

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
The Steelers don't play the Cards until 2011.....We play the AFC West and NFC North next year.....Then in 2010 it would be the AFC East and NFC South......2011 would be the AFC South and NFC West........ Maybe TG is talking about a rematch for the SB....It could happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe TG is talking about a rematch for the SB....It could happen.

The Cards won't make it again....lol

Troyisabeast_43
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
The Cards won't make it again....lol

Yea especially if Kurt Warner signs with San Francisco where he is visiting today. The Cardinals had better get serious about signing Warner or they are going to lose him I believe at some point this week if they dont start showing a sense of urgency. But come to think of it Who really gives a **** what the Cardinals do right?? lol...

Steel Trap86
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
i dont think the arizona cards will ever see the superbowl again in there franchise history. but hey thats just me, im sure there are a couple hundred cards fans screaming somewhere about 09 redemption :lol: :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
The market for Corners is pretty crowded right now with Bodden and Surtain being released but others recently signed big deals so this could be a good situation for us to try and keep him. Rosenhaus is a tough guy to deal with but Im really hoping we can keep BMac around.

igor0190
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
NFL Teams should make a policy not to deal with players who are represented by Drew Rosenhaus.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I thought that the Steelers did..

JensK
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Steelers have 4 or 5 players represented by him

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Rosenhaus is one of the best agents in the NFL and has a good reputation throughout the league. He gets a bad rap with the poorly informed because of the TO debacle.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
yeah Drew is a reputable agent, he's been around for a long time and while he's a tough guy he isn't crazy most of the time. He knows how to deal with each team and what they will do and not do. If a player wants to stay he will generally get it done.

K Train
03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
i think rosenhaus is the best agent in the league....TO, chad johnson, lance briggs and others have made him look bad to the public but for the most part he is highly respected and the owners like working with him

TampaSteelGirl
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I hear he's a good guy but i'd probably hire Jerry McGuire.....:grin1:

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm with you on this. Show me the money baby....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm with you on this. Show me the money baby....lol

SHOW ME THE MONEY..I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE ::lol: :hilarious:

Steelers Proud
03-06-2009, 02:02 AM
I think that we have a good chance in resigning B Mac. Most of the top FA have already been signed and the fact the B Mac is still out there means he is not getting a lot of big money offers. He might just realize that he's in a perfect situation where he's at.

K Train
03-06-2009, 02:05 AM
yeah im a little surprised, he must not be getting the offers he expected. i think he was expecting to get big offers thrown at him right away but lets see....redskins locked up d-hall, lions traded kitna for henry, pats signed springs, jets traded for lito....none of these guys are as good as mcfadden imo, maybe hes labled as a system CB and teams are being careful

MillerTime83
03-06-2009, 04:34 AM
yeah im a little surprised, he must not be getting the offers he expected. i think he was expecting to get big offers thrown at him right away but lets see....redskins locked up d-hall, lions traded kitna for henry, pats signed springs, jets traded for lito....none of these guys are as good as mcfadden imo, maybe hes labled as a system CB and teams are being careful

I was thinking that today I even told of of my friends that maybe every thinks he is a system CB, but I still think hell go somewhere else for a couple million more then we will offer.

igor0190
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
The longer it takes the better chance we have to re-sign him.

ToothAche
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
the suspense is killing me.................

Steel Trap86
03-07-2009, 05:50 PM
apparently the packers signed anthony smith! he will back up Nick Collins and Atari Bigby.
terms of the deal havent been released yet.

ejsteeler
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Cardinals Land McFadden
Free agent cornerback agrees to two-year contract
By DARREN URBAN

The Cardinals weren’t going to chase a lot of free agents this offseason, but they had a priority list – and cornerback Bryant McFadden was at the top.

So Sunday, a few days after the team re-signed the most important free agent from its own roster in quarterback Kurt Warner, the team landed McFadden when the former Steeler agreed to a two-year contract. Terms were not immediately known.

“It seems to be a good situation,” McFadden said during his visit last week. “There are some guys I have been around in previous years. And it’s an up-and-coming organization, which you’d love to be a part of -- a successful organization and (one) that is making strides and you want to be a part of.”

McFadden is expected to compete with veteran Rod Hood for a starting job opposite second-year man Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. The move bolsters the Cards’ secondary, after a 2008 season when soon-to-be-departing Eric Green fell out of favor and the nickel position was manned by veteran Ralph Brown.

The move also should allow Antrel Rolle to focus on playing free safety and not have to worry about filling the slot cornerback role.

McFadden played in 10 games for the Steelers in 2008, starting eight games and making two interceptions. McFadden missed six games after breaking an arm and needing surgery. But he returned to start all three playoff games for Pittsburgh, including against the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. In four seasons, McFadden has played in 51 games, making seven interceptions.

Oh well. So much for resigning BMac. Come on W Gay! Time to step it up.

Zachintosh66
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
DAMN!

K Train
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
i want to see some numbers $$$

Zachintosh66
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
2 yr, 10 mill (5 g)

Gay is not starter material like ive seen several of you already write. D-town will hold it down for now i guess. Also Fernando is gonna stay on a little longer

who has the list for FA DB's... (just curious)

K Train
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
So Sunday, a few days after the team re-signed the most important free agent from its own roster in quarterback Kurt Warner, the team landed McFadden when the former Steeler agreed to a two-year contract. McFadden will receive $5 million in the first year of the deal, including a $3.75 million salary.
they didnt exactly have to break the bank for him...we could have afforded that

Zachintosh66
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
thats excatly what i was thinking K

K Train
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
1.25 million in signing bonus is weak

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
2 yr, 10 mill (5 g)

Gay is not starter material like ive seen several of you already write. D-town will hold it down for now i guess. Also Fernando is gonna stay on a little longer

who has the list for FA DB's... (just curious)

I agree I am not crazy about Gay being the starter going into next season either. I think he has improved and is a solid corner but I would have liked to seen the Steelers hang onto McFadden. And based on what Arizona just gave him the Steelers definitely could have afforded to keep him around. McFadden is going to be a good one I believe and I hope he isnt one of these guys the Steelers regret letting go. Cornerback now becomes a top priority in my mind to draft going into next season.

K Train
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
i think corner is a mid priority, not a top priority. gay will be badass for us, he didnt just play NB last year he replaced mcfadden every 2 series

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
i think corner is a mid priority, not a top priority. gay will be badass for us, he didnt just play NB last year he replaced mcfadden every 2 series

He also got burned pretty bad in both games the Steelers lost at home this season to the Giants and Colts. He gave up a huge play to Amani Toomer in the Giants game on 4th and 6 for 30 yards deep in Steelers territory that pretty much kept the game alive for the Giants in the 4th quarter of the game and allowed them to score and later on win the game. One thing about BMac since he has been here he has made big play after big play see the Indy playoff game his rookie year and the play he made on Reggie Wayne in the end zone as proof of that. He has always tackled well and was hardly ever out of position. Maybe Gay will turn out to be pretty good but for right now you arent going to convince me that he is a better cornerback then Bryant McFadden at this point in his career because he isnt.

DIESELMAN
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
With more reps, Gay will become efficient enough in our system, still think we need another CB, our depth is getting questionable.

steelcityrockers
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Gay only allowed 3.5 yards per pas attempt. Tops among all corners.

Let's see we give a mediocre at best left guard that much and not a starting cornerback. That makes sense.

K Train
03-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Gay only allowed 3.5 yards per pas attempt. Tops among all corners.

Let's see we give a piece of **** left guard that much and not a starting cornerback. That makes sense.

fixed

igor0190
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
This really makes me wonder what offer the Steelers had on the table for Bmac... You would think that they would have been fairly close to that number. Probably a longer term, 4 years 18M maybe? Or did they not go after him very hard because they didn't see him as being worth that kind of money?

Don't forget we still have Townsend

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
This really makes me wonder what offer the Steelers had on the table for Bmac... You would think that they would have been fairly close to that number. Probably a longer term, 4 years 18M maybe? Or did they not go after him very hard because they didn't see him as being worth that kind of money?

Don't forget we still have Townsend

We still do have Townsend but dont forget he isnt getting any younger either and is not the same player he was a few years ago. Townsend will finish out his last year of his contract this coming season and then the Steelers and him will part ways. The bottom line is the Steelers need to get younger and get more depth at the corner position.

ejsteeler
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Townsend is running out of time. I think we'l be ok next year as long as we address depth at some point before the season starts.
It does seem like numbers we could have afforded for the position and performance though. I can only trust the plan. We'll see.....:dunno:

Callax
03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Find your own talent is so such a stupid statement.....That is the purpose of free agency for teams to raid other teams talent.....If the Steelers want McFadden back then they will have to pay him the money he wants.......

Arizona went and got him for 2 yrs 10 million... Along with getting warner for 2 yrs seems like it is a mere coincidence?? I think Pitt would have signed him for longer and for a more cap friendly term 4yrs for 18 -20 million...
I believe they will go after some depth in the draft since they also lost S anthony smith to GB, but he's gonna sit on the bench there too... just their bench is not as talented as ours...
Too bad I thought Black@Gold Forever32 had some good thoughts and opinions, Obviously, I was wrong and he isn't as smart as he thinks he is
fool:evilshake::nono::willybs:

Stlrs4Life
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Wonder if we give Leah Bodden a call now?

Prosdo
03-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Townsend is running out of time. I think we'l be ok next year as long as we address depth at some point before the season starts.
It does seem like numbers we could have afforded for the position and performance though. I can only trust the plan. We'll see.....:dunno:

I agree. Deshea doesn't have much left in him. I thought they would sign McFadden and that would let them replace Deshea. Wonder what their next move is.

greennick
03-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Disappointing, now I REALLY hope the Cards don't win a Super Bowl...

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-09-2009, 02:23 AM
2 yrs @10 Million , that doesn't seem all that expensive, I would think we would have been able to match that...

Zachintosh66
03-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Wonder if we give Leah Bodden a call now?

i wondered the same thing...

Stairwayto7
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
2 yrs @10 Million , that doesn't seem all that expensive, I would think we would have been able to match that...

Unless, the Steelers didn`t feel he was worth that much????? I do have faith in the Front Office, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!:imho:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2009, 10:51 AM
That's an odd contract to sign; I mean 5 mill a year is nothing to sneeze at let's face it, that's a good amount but still only signing a 2 yr deal?

Although this day an age with the economy the way it is that may be the thing of the future?

Oh well he's not a Steeler anymore, screw him!

MillerTime83
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Looks like the Steelers are banking on compensatory selections! Woot nothing like letting a two time superbowl winning CB go for an at best 3rd round pick. Why not after letting go a pro bowl guard for one(I know there was other things involved). I have faith in the whole orginization, but this one dosent make much sense. CB's are a very rare find. With the market the way it is 2yrs 10 mill is a steal. I thought him and Ike was a very nice duo, but now we get to see Ike and Gay.

JensK
03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
That's an odd contract to sign; I mean 5 mill a year is nothing to sneeze at let's face it, that's a good amount but still only signing a 2 yr deal?

Although this day an age with the economy the way it is that may be the thing of the future?

Oh well he's not a Steeler anymore, screw him!

I guess that Cardinals know that McFadden still havnt reached his potential fully yet. The question is whether he is going to or not. They wouldnt sign him long term with that many money, if he turns out to be a "fluke". I know he is not ever going to be a fluke, but you want your CB to be god damn great for 5mil a year imo

Captcoolhand
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
You guys have to keep in mind too that the CBA will be changing after next season to. so i'm sure that's play a part of his contract.

Could explain why Harrison isn't locked up yet. :imho: :dunno:

Steel Trap86
03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
doesnt make any sense to me that we are franchising guys like starks, re-signing kemo to 5 years?!?!?! and we let macfadden go to the cards on a 2 year 10 mil. that is ****ing weak man, the cards now have a talented secondary because of this. still say they will never get back to the superbowl, but they are a playoff team i will give them that.

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
doesnt make any sense to me that we are franchising guys like starks, re-signing kemo to 5 years?!?!?! and we let macfadden go to the cards on a 2 year 10 mil. that is ****ing weak man, the cards now have a talented secondary because of this. still say they will never get back to the superbowl, but they are a playoff team i will give them that. If you think about it, none of that really matters. Cut this guy, sign that guy. We have Big Ben, and everyone else just plays on his team. Its Bens team now, and everyone else is just here to fill in space. Be thankful we are keeping Troy and Harrison.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
If you think about it, none of that really matters. Cut this guy, sign that guy. We have Big Ben, and everyone else just plays on his team. Its Bens team now, and everyone else is just here to fill in space. Be thankful we are keeping Troy and Harrison.

I'm with you Dean while I dont like McFadden leaving and think the Steelers should have resigned him, as long as Ben Roethlisberger is healthy and does what he does game in and game out and this Steelers defense continues to play at a high level and give them a chance to win every game like they always do the Steelers will be right their in the mix next season to win back to back Lombardi Trophy's. Other then the Patriots with Brady coming back next season, I really see no other team or threat in the AFC that can dethrone the Steelers chances of getting back to the Super Bowl. Plus, you throw in the fact that a lot of the same players that were here in 2006 the year after they won the first Super Bowl in Detroit in 2005 are still here now going into the 2009 season and they are going to see too it that they dont let what happened in 2006 happen this coming season. A lot of these guys know what it takes now to repeat having gone through that and they know what they need to do better and how to approach it a lot better. Plus, Tomlin is not going to be complacent like Bill Cowher was in 2006 when he knew he was retiring and didnt really care if the Steelers won back to back Super Bowls. Tomlin is going to be much more focused and will not let his team take anything for granted based on what they did last season. When you stop and think about that with the kind of talent this team still has on it going into next year, and with Tomlin leading the way it's a scary scary thought especially for other teams in the AFC.

Dean Denton
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm with you Dean while I dont like McFadden leaving and think the Steelers should have resigned him, as long as Ben Roethlisberger is healthy and does what he does game in and game out and this Steelers defense continues to play at a high level and give them a chance to win every game like they always do the Steelers will be right their in the mix next season to win back to back Lombardi Trophy's. Other then the Patriots with Brady coming back next season, I really see no other team or threat in the AFC that can dethrone the Steelers chances of getting back to the Super Bowl. Plus, you throw in the fact that a lot of the same players that were here in 2006 the year after they won the first Super Bowl in Detroit in 2005 are still here now going into the 2009 season and they are going to see too it that they dont let what happened in 2006 happen this coming season. A lot of these guys know what it takes now to repeat having gone through that and they know what they need to do better and how to approach it a lot better. Plus, Tomlin is not going to be complacent like Bill Cowher was in 2006 when he knew he was retiring and didnt really care if the Steelers won back to back Super Bowls. Tomlin is going to be much more focused and will not let his team take anything for granted based on what they did last season. When you stop and think about that with the kind of talent this team still has on it going into next year, and with Tomlin leading the way it's a scary scary thought especially for other teams in the AFC.I am right there man. I think the biggest let down in 2006 was Cowher. That team was not focused at all. I threw up in my mouth when I heard Ward say, "thats how you do it, close out like champions." When they were leaving the field after beating the Begals the last game of the season. I was pissed. They played like **** that season. Sloppy *** football. I too wish we could have kept Mcfadden, but I know that we will be fine without him. I like what Hobbs brings to the table anyways. Is Hobbs a saftey or a Corner? I know this is something I should know,and I will get **** for it, but I cant remember.

You are right about the Pats being are biggest threat. I was happy we beat them last year, but we beat them without Brady, and thats something we have failed to do since Bens first game against them. We need to beat them with Brady at QB. Until then I will not be satisfied.

Troyisabeast_43
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I am right there man. I think the biggest let down in 2006 was Cowher. That team was not focused at all. I threw up in my mouth when I heard Ward say, "thats how you do it, close out like champions." When they were leaving the field after beating the Begals the last game of the season. I was pissed. They played like **** that season. Sloppy *** football. I too wish we could have kept Mcfadden, but I know that we will be fine without him. I like what Hobbs brings to the table anyways. Is Hobbs a saftey or a Corner? I know this is something I should know,and I will get **** for it, but I cant remember.

You are right about the Pats being are biggest threat. I was happy we beat them last year, but we beat them without Brady, and thats something we have failed to do since Bens first game against them. We need to beat them with Brady at QB. Until then I will not be satisfied.

Im wth you as well when you say I will not be satisfied until the Steelers beat the Patriots and beat them with Tom Brady as their starting QB. A lot of Patriots fans if you go on their message boards like I did after the Steelers won the Super Bowl a month ago will make the argument that the Steelers won their 2 Super Bowls this decade because they didnt have to beat the Patriots either time or go through them neither time to do so. Well my response to that theory is it's not the Steelers ****ing problem or fault that the Patriots lost to the Denver Broncos in 2005 in the divisional round the same team the Steelers destroyed a week later in the AFC Championship game in the same building the Patriots lost to them at. Had the Pats beat the Broncos that year they would have meet the Steelers in New England the following week and I have no doubt in my mind the Steelers would have beaten them. It's also not the Steelers fault that the Patriots werent good enough this year to make the playoffs and didnt get the chance to beat the Patriots in the playoffs. The Patriots needed to win more game this season to qualify for the playoffs and they werent good enough to do so. And if you look at their schedule they did end up winning their final 4 games of the regular season to finish at 11-5. But Ill tell Patriots fans who was the last team to the beat the Patriots in the regular season before they had their 4 game winning streak to close out the regular season?? That's right it was the Steelers who absolutely thumped the Patriots in their own house 33-10. That loss right there kept the Patriots out of the playoffs because it was their last one during the regular season. With that being said, had the Patriots got in the playoffs this year and faced the Steelers at Heinz Field the same thing would have happened that happened in New England during the regular season and would have happened in 2005 in the AFC Championship had the Steelers played the Pats in the playoffs THEY WOULD HAVE LOST TO THE STEELERS!!!

That's why I'm with in you when you say you want to beat Brady in the playoffs. I feel there will always be a void there for being the team of the decade until the Steelers finally do beat the Patriots with Brady as their QB. It's why I could think of no better scenario then next season then to beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game whether it be here at Heinz Field or up in Foxboro in route to the Steelers 3rd Super Bowl Championship in 5 years and their 3rd of this decade here by tying the Patriots for Super Bowls won. If this indeed does happen which I think there is a great chance that it can and will the Steelers would definitely have a strong strong argument with the Patriots for being the best team of the decade based on everything I said in this post. The Patriots team and their fans can sit there and say all they want about how the Steelers never beat them in the playoffs or went through them to win their 2 Super Bowls and Ill reply by saying it's not the Steelers problem the Patriots werent good enough in both of those seasons the Steelers won to have had a chance to play them and ultimately beat them in the playoffs...

Steel Trap86
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm with you Dean while I dont like McFadden leaving and think the Steelers should have resigned him, as long as Ben Roethlisberger is healthy and does what he does game in and game out and this Steelers defense continues to play at a high level and give them a chance to win every game like they always do the Steelers will be right their in the mix next season to win back to back Lombardi Trophy's.

Yes, and Ben got hit, knocked down, sacked and stomped about 23400 times last season, had 2 concussions and he says he had to play in the superbowl with broken ribs. If that had been some marshmellow like Romo, he would have been on IR, Ben is a warrior. I just think that MacFadden should have been higher priority over Kemo's 5 YEAR 26 million. Cards only signed MacFadden to 2 year 10 million. we could have cut Kemo and nobody would have really given a ****. Next season New England is going to be a big force in the AFC, with Brady coming back it will be his first full season, better yet his first full game since he lost to the Giants in the Superbowl, and with Moss, Welker and Fred Taylor they are going to be our competition. Even though we dont play them in the regular season we WILL be seeing the Patriots in the playoffs and to get back 2 back Superbowls, I'd sure as hell rather have MacFadden in there then Kemo...but hey...thats just me.

Troyisabeast_43
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Steelers are beginning the process of searching for McFadden's replacement and some depth at cornerback by bringing in Titans cornerback Chris Carr for a visit tomorrow...

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09069/954527-66.stm

JB 67
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
I really hate the fact we lost Mcfadden and Smith.

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
We lost Anthony Smith?

K Train
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
hes a packer

Dean Denton
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
hes a packerThats fine. Every time I looked at his face he reminded me of Sam Cassell. Could be they are the two ugliest people in sports. Not to mention he just never became what we wanted him to be. Unless our expectation of him was to be a mid level back up. Space Alien, thats what his issue was...