PDA

View Full Version : Nate Visits With Titans; **UPDATE** Nate Sign with Titans

steelersbabex25
03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
This may be a little late on the uptake, but apparently Nate is in more demand than I suspected him to be. He came up big in a lot of our games, and I would love to keep him in Pittsburgh:crossfingers:..especially because we seem to be lacking the big name recievers. I think he should deffinitly be a huge concern in resigning.

igor0190
03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Nate is as good as gone... There's no wy the Steelers value him for anything more than a top THIRD WR... And even at this, Sweed is in the plans to take over that role by mid season next year. Nate will get offered 3M/year somewhere else

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I liked Nate, but he doesn't deserve big money.

Bombhunter
03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
See ya later Stone Hands...he can drop passes for the Titans if he wants, that's cool...

steelersbabex25
03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
See ya later Stone Hands...he can drop passes for the Titans if he wants, that's cool...

Wow..really? Sure you aren't thinking of Sweed? I could be missing something but for me he was one of the more reliable recievers..for the long balls atleast.

Bombhunter
03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow..really? Sure you aren't thinking of Sweed? I could be missing something but for me he was one of the more reliable recievers..for the long balls atleast.

No, Sweed just drops sure TD's... Nate drops the 3rd and shorts that keep drives alive...

HUNT4SEVEN
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I liked Nate, but he doesn't deserve big money.

Exactly, he was the third reciever, Let some other dumb team pay him like he's an 1st or 2nd reciever:yesnod:

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Nate was a good WR for us ,and I wish we could keep him. The Titans would be well served in signing him if they do. We will be fine without him. Sweed will be on the rise,and make us soon forget all about Nate....

TampaSteelGirl
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
If he signs with the Titans he better not mess on our Terrible Towel!!!! :rant2:

--- Added 3/2/2009 at 02:21 PM ---

No, Sweed just drops sure TD's... Nate drops the 3rd and shorts that keep drives alive...

Yea he's right..he does drop alot of the 3rd andshorts...but alot of the long ones as well!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Nate is an all or nothing WR. He's not going to make the 7-8 catches a game consistently. He's the WR, at this point anyways, that makes a couple big plays here and there but still drops passes.

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I am excited to see what Sweed can do for us. I believe Sweed is more naturally gifted than Washington with more size and speed and therefore his potential is off the charts compared to Washington. I am grateful for the contributions that Nate has given us but look forward to witnessing the explosiveness that Limus brings to the table. Yes, I am fully confident that Limus will learn to hold onto the ball when he gets more playing time. It is obvious that he has deceptive speed as evident by the separation he has shown us he can get on his routes. All he needs to do is hold onto the ball and I believe that will come. I am against bringing in another veteran to stifle the development of Sweed. If anything, bring in another draft pick to develope behind Sweed. It does nobody any good if you keep bringing in old guys to keep the new guys back on the depth charts. Also excited about a healthy Rashard Mendenhall. The small glimpses we saw before he got hurt were encouraging. Watch the first Raven game. He was picking up some nice gains before he got hurt. :yesnod:

lloydfan4life
03-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Wherever he ends up I wish him all the best! Nate came up big for us a few times this year. Sure, he's no star wide out but once you've put on the Black & Gold IMO you're always a Steeler! Best of luck to ya Nate! :yellowthumb:

Thomas_43
03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Just saw the news on The NFL Network ticker.

AZ_Steeler
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Titans | Washington agrees to terms
Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:26:24 -0800

Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports the Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent WR Nate Washington (Steelers). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
He'll end up being nothing just as every other receiver who has left the Steelers.

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
He'll end up being nothing just as every other receiver who has left the Steelers. He already was nothing thats why he's no longer a Steeler.....to the Titans...really. WOW!!!! That SOB has a beating coming to him. Going to those pole puffers is rude, and more like a slap in the face.....

yinzer
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
He'll end up being nothing just as every other receiver who has left the Steelers.

agreed. ben being a phenomenal qb has just as much to do with nate's success as nate himself.

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 05:46 PM
LOL...funnny how we all wanted him to stay, and the minute he's gone we think he sucks...hahahah...no homers on this site....hahahahaha

LarryNJ
03-02-2009, 05:55 PM
LOL...funnny how we all wanted him to stay, and the minute he's gone we think he sucks...

I'm so glad he's gone, he sucked the entire time he was here! :lol:

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it was because of his crappy hair cut. He's no MR. T.....lol

K Train
03-02-2009, 06:02 PM
he will disappear there....i think detroit would have been a better pick for him, in tennessee hes just justin mccarins part 2

lloydfan4life
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I think it was because of his crappy hair cut. He's no MR. T.....lol

I will not put Nate down.... however.... I will agree with this! :yesnod: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Hell I wish Nate well (except against us)....lol I don't blame him for seeking the pay day he wants....He was solid WR for the Steelers but his loss only hurts the depth......Sweed needs to step up and feel the third WR role anyways.....I'm excited to see Sweed development....The Steelers still should draft a WR or maybe bring in a cheap vet......

steelcitysfinestXL
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I wish Nate well. im just glad i dont have to scream at the tv "CATCH THE FU*KIN BALL NATE" ever again!!! I have to agree with Ktrain, nates gonna get lost in the shuffle in TEN. He isnt a game changer by any means, and they didnt have a phenominal passing game either. I see a very Randle-El-esk career in his future... minus the return yards!!!

--- Added 3/2/2009 at 05:32 PM ---

Here's to us drafting Derrick Williams in the second round to immediately be head and shoulders better than nate ever was with us!!! Not to mention the stage being set for Limas

Troyisabeast_43
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
It will be fun smacking Nate around on opening night at Heinz Field during the Super Bowl celebration if the Titans are indeed the week 1 opening night opponent here.

--- Added 3/2/2009 at 05:35 PM ---

LOL...funnny how we all wanted him to stay, and the minute he's gone we think he sucks...hahahah...no homers on this site....hahahahaha

I didnt want him to stay and as a matter of fact I am pleased to say good riddance to you stone hands Nate dont let the door hit you on the way out...:yellowthumb:

steelcitysfinestXL
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
two words: RYAN CLARK!!! God what i would give to see a Wes Welker type hit on Nate!!!

BR7
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Thigpen II. Seeking a payday for producing one, maybe two years.. worked well for Yancy, lol.

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
two words: RYAN CLARK!!! God what i would give to see a Wes Welker type hit on Nate!!!
you might get your wish this season. What do you want to bet nate sits that game out...lol

Troyisabeast_43
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=6637

If you read the transcript from the Nate Washington press conference toward the middle of the link posted above he was quoted as saying he was pretty much leaving Pittsburgh to come to Pittsburgh since the situation in Tennessee is pretty much the same thing as Pittsburgh. Well there are a few differences Nate. You signed with Tennessee for 4 years 16 million because the Steelers wouldnt give you a sniff of that kind of money. Also, the Steelers have a legit chance to win a Super Bowl in 2009. The Titans despite their great run of 13-3 this past season I believe has no chance to win the Super Bowl in 2009

Steel Trap86
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

I dont think its fair to say that, Nate came up big in that Giants game, and he had some decent catches and runs last season. I know he dropped a few balls, but the guy put his work in. I dont usually like to see anybody go, but Nate wasnt worth what he was asking, he just won the Superbowl his rates went up and other teams will pay. Now I'm interested to see what this Sweed guy can do, time for him to step it up!!

--- Added 3/2/2009 at 06:49 PM ---

It will be fun smacking Nate around on opening night at Heinz Field during the Super Bowl celebration if the Titans are indeed the week 1 opening night opponent here.

I want the Titans, week 1. So they watch the championship ceremony at the beginning and have to deal with 70,000 terrible towels...and a couple power bombs from James Harrisson and a couple smacks from Clark

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Teams just never learn do they. Super Bowl champ ARE went to Redskins, what has he done..nothing. Thigpen before that like BR7 said. Now Nate...the Steelers are the premier front office in the league. They know when a player is or isn't worth the money and if he is they are willing to pony up the dough. If the Steelers don't think Nate is worth 16m then sure go ahead TN, overpay him and you'll find out!

LarryNJ
03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I dont think its fair to say that

I was saying it as a joke. He did was ok as a third reciever, he made some plays but blew just as many. I wish him well although I agree that he's not worth the money that the Titans gave him.

SteelCityKid5
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I was surprised when the NFL Network and NFL.com had their top free agents listings and I saw Nate's name. I mean he had his games but I dont really think he's worth that money. Also, of all teams why the Titans? Collins will be gone soon and whose going to throw to him Vince Young? I don't think I'd like my chances if I were Nate. Then again, its all about the money. Opening night, I DID want the ratbirds, NOW I want the titans. -----ANYONE have and news on Malcom Floyd? I'd like to see the Steelers get him and draft a WR in the 5th or 6th round.

Thomas_43
03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Update: ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton reports Washington's deal is for six years, $27 million.)

WAYYYY overpaid..... I'm simply amazed.

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Wouldn't the value of his contract with the Titans contribute to a nice compensatory draft pick next year? The whole purpose of compensatory picks is to offset the losses teams take in free agency. I believe this qualifies. :yesnod:

Sir Blitzelot
03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Best of luck next season Nate, thank you for all you have done for us! :tt02:

TEEMONT
03-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Peace out Nate.

DIESELMAN
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Good luck Nate!!!

steelcityrockers
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
That's a pretty fair deal considering Michael effing Clayton got 5 years 25 million from Tampa.

vtwin_gary
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
bye bye

igor0190
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Hopefully we can get at least a 3rd round compensatory pick! That would make it well worth it.

Dee Mca
03-03-2009, 12:58 AM
OVER PAID if you ask me. Im sorry Nate wasn't worth that much

JensK
03-03-2009, 02:13 AM
BEst of luck to Nate.

Bombhunter
03-03-2009, 07:09 AM
I read one post saying they want Clark to hit Nate like he did Welker...From what I recall, Nate never left the sideline pattern routes. I can't think of a single time Nate was in the middle of the field. That was always Hines, Santonio, or the TE's... He won't cross the middle of the field now knowing that the sharks are swimming there. I hope old man Collins throws to him 10 times when they play the Steelers, and he drops 'em all...

I appreciate the times he did catch the ball, but I'm glad all we have to worry about is Sweed hanging on to them now, not both of them...
Good luck Nate, but not against the Steelers....

...Your ring is in the mail, by the way...Last one you'll ever see....

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Teams just never learn do they. Super Bowl champ ARE went to Redskins, what has he done..nothing. Thigpen before that like BR7 said. Now Nate...the Steelers are the premier front office in the league. They know when a player is or isn't worth the money and if he is they are willing to pony up the dough. If the Steelers don't think Nate is worth 16m then sure go ahead TN, overpay him and you'll find out!

Actually, Randle-El has become a very solid possession receiver for the Redskins.

And what is with all the hate on Washington? He was a a good player for the Steelers. He had like, 4 drops, which made him the Anti-Christ apparently, which I find even more strange considering Hines Ward has dropped more than his fair share.

igor0190
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Actually, Randle-El has become a very solid possession receiver for the Redskins.

Isn't he making 6 M/year? Has he done enough to warrant that kind of money?

Is Nate worth 4.5M/year? What do 3rd WR's make?
Losing Nate is actually good for us. Gives Limas a chance and we'll get a compensatory pick next year as well.

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
ARE signed a 7 year $31 million deal with a lot of incentives in it I think. So he is making at most 4.4 million per year. This year, in fact, he has a base salary of only 1.5 million which for a stating receiver is quite cheap.

You have to remember that the contract numbers you see, most will never actually get that much. For instance, in all reality Albert Haynesworth signed a 4 year $48 million deal. The last 3 years are ridiculously back loaded and filled with incentives.

And Nate has the most potential of any receiver on the market. I think he was very fairly compensated. Considering he was the 3rd receiver on a team that does not throw that often and was a UDFA from freaking Tiffin (a so-so D-III school) he has grown a lot and still has a lot of room to grow. He has all the physical tools to become one of the league's better receiver. Also, he will not be the 3rd receiver for the Titans. He will likely be the 2nd option next to Bo Scaife and the team's primary deep threat.

Prosdo
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Was hoping we could bring him back, but oh well. Good luck Nate.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Troy is going to clean him out. Remember what Ward did to Woodson when Rod jumped ship to the Ravens? Remember that hit????? Nate is in big trouble. He was not with this team long enough to always be a Steeler, and he will pay for his greed.....The blood will burn when he pee's..........

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I am really confused why people hate Nate Washington now. A guy can't be blamed for leaving a team where he has no hope in the immediate future of becoming THE guy and getting some scratch.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
It's not hate on Washington so much as it is realizing the dude has been decent for us but not spectacular. He's an all or nothing player, he won't you the tough, hard earned yards. He's a big play or drop the ball type of guy. Yes he did get better and made big plays for us down the stretch in 2008 but he was hardly a big name guy.

I think we all knew he was going to leave, he wants to start and that wasn't going to happen here. The Rooney's knew Nate wasn't worth the kind of money he would get in FA. I'll stick with their take on a players worth because they are rarely wrong.

Steel Trap86
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
The Titans is the worst team Nate could go to. I'm waiting patiently for our game against them in the 09 season and want nothing but bone crushing hits against that whole team.

MillerTime83
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
So much hate. Nate was a pretty good wide out for us cant we all just wish him luck. My friends and I allways counted Nates drops it was usually the first 2 balls in the game and then he was pretty good. I liked Nate, but im excited for Sweed and Ward seems to like him also.

Steelers should take Kenny Britt lol:yesnod:

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I am really confused why people hate Nate Washington now. A guy can't be blamed for leaving a team where he has no hope in the immediate future of becoming THE guy and getting some scratch.
That hate is there because of the greed by players. Most of these Diva's think they are worth more then they really are. I get pissd when players think they are bigger then the game, and should have millions dumped in their lap. Nate is nothing more then a 3rd WR, and was apart of something special. If he feels he should get more $$, then he should have played better and stayed where he was. The Steelers are more then fair when it comes to letting players EARN that top spot, and Nate ran to the money. The challenge was to big, and his balls dropped off.

JensK
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Titans is definetly not the smartest place to go. Nate is a guy who demands a QB with a big arm and Collins is not.

Steel Trap86
03-03-2009, 01:39 PM

I liked the guy when he was here, he came up big in the Giants game and had his share of big plays, but he wasnt too consistant and the Steelers weren't about to pay him the money that the Titans were. I Dont blame the guy for leaving, he's going to get a bigger salary and will probably be more involved in tennessee then he was in pittsburgh

--- Added 3/3/2009 at 12:39 PM ---

So much hate.

its just hate on the titans, before nate even talked to them i've wanted to blow up tennessee.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
The hate for the Titans is a big part of it, there is no doubt. Honestly, we can gripe about the greed of players because it does suck but if they have a chance to make a ton of money they are going to do it now and then. It's uncommon to find a player who takes less money to stay with a team. Ward for example, the payday he got was big but you can bet your last dollar he could have gotten 25% more atleast in the free agent market if he wanted too. He chose to stay here for less money than he could have gotten and it's worked out great for both sides. That's what you want in today's player but you just don't see it much anymore.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
The hate for the Titans is a big part of it, there is no doubt. Honestly, we can gripe about the greed of players because it does suck but if they have a chance to make a ton of money they are going to do it now and then. It's uncommon to find a player who takes less money to stay with a team. Ward for example, the payday he got was big but you can bet your last dollar he could have gotten 25% more atleast in the free agent market if he wanted too. He chose to stay here for less money than he could have gotten and it's worked out great for both sides. That's what you want in today's player but you just don't see it much anymore. That is one of the many attributes that makes Ward great. He believes in his ability unlike some players. How many WR have been brought in to Pittsburgh to be the #1 guy and have been pushed aside by the skill of Ward?

K Train
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
i disagree....i think we overpaid ward, we gave him market value for him which was to much. top dollar at the time for average production. ward held out, he hardly deemed himself as a team player.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Ward could have jumped ship easily and even more easily got way more than we paid him. You know how the NFL works man, big time players even in an off year for whatever reason can still make top dollar because of their name and previous production. Every team in the league would have been knocking down his door to throw big money his way. Yes he held out and yes it pissed people off but in the end he knew he wanted to stay here and make it work. He took a stand and the deal got worked out. That's about as much of a team player as you can ask for in this day and age.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
i disagree....i think we overpaid ward, we gave him market value for him which was to much. top dollar at the time for average production. ward held out, he hardly deemed himself as a team player. Show me another player that held off 3 or 4 first round picks and kept the #1 spot and I'll show you another player that should have got what Ward did. He is worth every penny we gave him. Last time I checked he holds most the Records in the Steel city and there were a couple HOF to come before him.

K Train
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
i just think its hard to say he took less money when he got top 5 money (at the time) and hes never been a top 5 player in his life. im not saying it didnt work out alright, i like ward and all....he gets way overhyped as being this great team player, this stand up guy and i dont buy it.

that being said its about time for him to take that paycut

and back to nate...he might very well be the best reciever on the tennessee roster now

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Given the fact that TN didn't have great WR's to begin with that could very well be true at this point. Doesn't say much for them right now and I fully expect them to look to the draft and pick up a good prospect or 2.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
i just think its hard to say he took less money when he got top 5 money (at the time) and hes never been a top 5 player in his life. im not saying it didnt work out alright, i like ward and all....he gets way overhyped as being this great team player, this stand up guy and i dont buy it.

that being said its about time for him to take that paycut

and back to nate...he might very well be the best reciever on the tennessee roster now
I guess its what your looking for in a WR. I thought he was a top 5 guy at the time. He might not be great at any one thing other than blocking, but he's good at everthing. When you look at all the WR in the league, Ward is the only one that could have played both ways back in the day. He has a toughness that motivates the players around him, makes players better, and leads by example. No other Diva offers that to their team. This is a team sport and Ward brings a lot more then just great blocking. In a way he really is the Michael Jordan of WR when it comes to making the players around him better. You can not deny him that. For a QB, I promise there is a sense of security having a player like that out there that is hard to find in this league. Steady and consistant.

Back to Nate...If he's their best WR, then the Titans are in big trouble.....

K Train
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
the micheal jordan of WRs? i guess that makes him the tiger woods of football.

yes hes a good blocker, yes he has been clutch but he also hasnt produced numbers that other top WRs have and just so you know i dont remember ever losing a game that ward has sat out of so maybe he is a little overvalued. And despite your perceptions of him as being the anti diva wr....think again, he has historically whined whenever we drafted a WR, he did with plax, he did with holmes, he cried when ben asked for a tall wr (not that i agree) and that sounds diva-like to me, it has to be his show even though having someone talented across from him has only made him better in the long run. ward is a slot receiver at this point, a 5-11 TE and he might be the best one ever...hes a master of the slot but when you look at the top WRs in the league which imo are andre and calvin johnson, fitz and some others....ward has never even sniffed being on that level.

And back to nate....hes a very good WR you arent giving him enough credit. Justin Gage and Roydell Williams are not bums, but i would say that nate is better than them, and thats why hes making more money than them. Hes the #2 reciever in a stockpile of #3s

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 03:21 PM

yes hes a good blocker, yes he has been clutch but he also hasnt produced numbers that other top WRs have and just so you know i dont remember ever losing a game that ward has sat out of so maybe he is a little overvalued. And despite your perceptions of him as being the anti diva wr....think again, he has historically whined whenever we drafted a WR, he did with plax, he did with holmes, he cried when ben asked for a tall wr (not that i agree) and that sounds diva-like to me, it has to be his show even though having someone talented across from him has only made him better in the long run. ward is a slot receiver at this point, a 5-11 TE and he might be the best one ever...hes a master of the slot but when you look at the top WRs in the league which imo are andre and calvin johnson, fitz and some others....ward has never even sniffed being on that level.

And back to nate....hes a very good WR you arent giving him enough credit. Justin Gage and Roydell Williams are not bums, but i would say that nate is better than them, and thats why hes making more money than them. Hes the #2 reciever in a stockpile of #3s Ward does not have the numbers of those other WR because Cowher for 1 didn't throw that much, and 2 we never had a QB to get him the ball. Now I dont know if Cowher ran more because of not having a good QB or he just wanted to control the ball. We can guess on that. Sorry if I gave the impression that I didn't think Ward was a Diva, because I think ALL WR are diva's. Also I think its more then other WR helping Ward to be better, then just Ward making everyone on the team better with his inspired play. If the guy played somewhere else I would wish we had him. But right now you are right about him. He is in the twlight of his career, and maybe needs to restructure his contract.

I reserve the right to be wrong about Nate, but I think his chances are better to be a #2 with the Titans because they dont have Ward and Holmes. On most teams I think he's still a #3.

Steel Trap86
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM

ward might have been a little offended when ben asked for a tall receiver in sweed, but it looks like he's done nothing but coach the kid and show him the ropes since he got here. when ward ****ed his knee up in the ravens game, he told sweed to get ready to go and threw a ****in arm around him after he lit up ivy. he isnt tall like moss and doesnt have arms that dangle down past his knee's, but he is better after the catch then some other receivers, he'll take the hits, give the hits, catch the ball and knock somebody's *** out! thats what i like to see in receivers. i'm really interested to see sweed develop in the 09 season though! hopefully he can come through for us :cope:

K Train
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
oh he didnt cry when sweed got drafted, thats why i didnt include his name...but he did cry when ben brought it up.

you guys take what i say as me hating ward, which isnt the case at all. hes a great player and you have to love what he brings to the table. but alot fo you overvalue him and overhype him, like the ones that say hes a sure fire hall of fame inductee....which he isnt. my point is he will be remembered as a great steelers, not a great reciever

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
oh he didnt cry when sweed got drafted, thats why i didnt include his name...but he did cry when ben brought it up.

you guys take what i say as me hating ward, which isnt the case at all. hes a great player and you have to love what he brings to the table. but alot fo you overvalue him and overhype him, like the ones that say hes a sure fire hall of fame inductee....which he isnt. my point is he will be remembered as a great steelers, not a great reciever OK..I am not going to loan you my wife anymore for your avitar shot if you make statments like that. You dont hold all the Steeler records at any position and not get into the HOF. Not to mention he is not done, and could win a couple more SB, if not at least 1 more. You and I have talked about your negative attitude and your continued efforts to get lippy, and I think its time for you to count to 10, and blow into your paper bag like we talked about. Its time to pay respect to a true football player. The name Ward does not only mean WR, it means football player. And you can count on one hand how many guys like him have come through the NFL in the last 25 to 30 years. Brett Farve is the only other player I can think of that was more then what his positions expectations were. Come on man, get it together.....

K Train
03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
wards records are not that impressive cause the records he broke werent that impressive. theres a ton a guys that would absolutley shatter any record set in the 70s in todays offense. If willie played in the 70s emmit would still be running for the all time rushing leader record. comparing records set in the 70s to them being broken now in todays game is a pointless argument. Theres alot of players on our team with 2 supebowl rings and theres only one that really has a legit shot at canton imo and thats ben but hes got alot of work to do still

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Dude, Ward is the complete packaged WR. He does everything you want. How many 1 dimensional WR's are there in the HOF, most of them infact are just that. Is Ward going to break Rice's receiving records..of course not but that doesn't mean with all he's done in his career that can sit there and say he's not one of the best of his position and worthy of the HOF. Pro Bowler, SB MVP, 2 Time SB Champ, every Steeler receiving record, having to fight his way up the ranks on the team starting out as a ST player. With all he's done on the field there is no way you can exclude him. Hell look at Michael Irvin for example, IMO there's no way he should have gotten in as soon as he did but he was part of a great team during an era when they won 3 SB's.

Either way IMO, Ward is worth every penny we paid him, if you think sports players deserve the kind of money they get.

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
wards records are not that impressive cause the records he broke werent that impressive. theres a ton a guys that would absolutley shatter any record set in the 70s in todays offense. If willie played in the 70s emmit would still be running for the all time rushing leader record. comparing records set in the 70s to them being broken now in todays game is a pointless argument. Theres alot of players on our team with 2 supebowl rings and theres only one that really has a legit shot at canton imo and thats ben but hes got alot of work to do still Alright crack smoker. No record is easy to break or someone would have done what Ward has done by now. Doubt too many guys would be like Ward under a Cowher coached team. Not at WR. And willie would still be willie in the 70's because he would still be 205 lbs, and get knocked over by a stiff breeze. Take Emmitt and stick is sorry *** in Detroit and yes he would still be casing someones record. just not Willie's

Silverback 92
03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
sweed gonna have to step up is all

K Train
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Alright crack smoker. No record is easy to break or someone would have done what Ward has done by now. Doubt too many guys would be like Ward under a Cowher coached team. Not at WR. And willie would still be willie in the 70's because he would still be 205 lbs, and get knocked over by a stiff breeze. Take Emmitt and stick is sorry *** in Detroit and yes he would still be casing someones record. just not Willie's

im not claiming theres been a plethora of talent as steeler wrs since the 70s, there really hasnt but those records didnt exactly fall hard, all it took was a stable career which ward has had, not spectaular statisically by any means. hes done some serious work no doubt about it but im not discrediting that....i know im not the only one here that doesnt think ward is HOF material and i know there will be some HOF voters that agree with me. I hope he gets in, but he really isnt the type of player that gets alot of votes because numbers do matter and when compared to others from his era his numbers are weak, thankfully for him he has some credentials alot of guys dont have and the longevity with the team that will make him stand out in the steelers record book. if he makes it in at all i expect it to take a very long time

and no one in the 70s ran a 4.28 40...willie would have shattered records because no one would catch him

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
im not claiming theres been a plethora of talent as steeler wrs since the 70s, there really hasnt but those records didnt exactly fall hard, all it took was a stable career which ward has had, not spectaular statisically by any means. hes done some serious work no doubt about it but im not discrediting that....i know im not the only one here that doesnt think ward is HOF material and i know there will be some HOF voters that agree with me. I hope he gets in, but he really isnt the type of player that gets alot of votes because numbers do matter and when compared to others from his era his numbers are weak, thankfully for him he has some credentials alot of guys dont have and the longevity with the team that will make him stand out in the steelers record book. if he makes it in at all i expect it to take a very long time

and no one in the 70s ran a 4.28 40...willie would have shattered records because no one would catch him I think Ward gets in not only for what he has done in the greatest franchise in the NFL, but because he is rare, and is unlike all the other WR in the HOF. There has only been one player like him, and thats him. He stands alone, and I think he gets in 1st shot. The guy has been too good. you are right that his numbers are sick, but his play has ment a lot to the team. Troy will get in on his first shot too. Parker not so much....

And the Defenses were different in the 70's and willie would have got a KO shot sooner rather then later and been finished....It was hard to finish a season back then at HB. Not to mention the ran more FB back then.

K Train
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I think Ward gets in not only for what he has done in the greatest franchise in the NFL, but because he is rare, and is unlike all the other WR in the HOF. There has only been one player like him, and thats him. He stands alone, and I think he gets in 1st shot. The guy has been too good. you are right that his numbers are sick, but his play has ment a lot to the team. Troy will get in on his first shot too. Parker not so much....

And the Defenses were different in the 70's and willie would have got a KO shot sooner rather then later and been finished....It was hard to finish a season back then at HB. Not to mention the ran more FB back then.

not a chance in hell its first ballot....thats just crazy talk. almost no one gets in first ballot. rod woodson got in first ballot, deion sanders will, jerry rice will, larry allen will, brett favre will...those are the kind of players that do. ward is the kind of guy that doesnt even make it to the final round for 15 years. The hall of fame is for the best of the best, not just the good and consistant...first ballot talent is rare, let alone a first ballot career. while i say i doubt he makes it in the HOF with a thought in the back of my head that he possibly could, i say that he absoloutely wont make it in first ballot with 100% confidence

troy has had one great season and that was last year, if he gets in first ballot its either he plays just like that for the next 7 years or it is because of his hair....which sounds dumb but thats why he made the probowl 2 years ago, it was based on hair alone. and willie wouldnt stand the slightest chance i was just using him as an example

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
not a chance in hell its first ballot....thats just crazy talk. almost no one gets in first ballot. rod woodson got in first ballot, deion sanders will, jerry rice will, larry allen will, brett favre will...those are the kind of players that do. ward is the kind of guy that doesnt even make it to the final round for 15 years. The hall of fame is for the best of the best, not just the good and consistant...first ballot talent is rare, let alone a first ballot career. while i say i doubt he makes it in the HOF with a thought in the back of my head that he possibly could, i say that he absoloutely wont make it in first ballot with 100% confidence

troy has had one great season and that was last year, if he gets in first ballot its either he plays just like that for the next 7 years or it is because of his hair....which sounds dumb but thats why he made the probowl 2 years ago, it was based on hair alone. and willie wouldnt stand the slightest chance i was just using him as an example We will see about Ward. I think he's a special type of player and my uncle will put him through.

Troy is the best SS to ever play, hair or no hair. I know that he will make it first ballot. Unless something happens to him. He has been selected to the probowl every year his been in the league except his rookie season. Dude, he gets in. you might think he has not been great the last couple years, but him just being on the field sends fear down the QB spines and has OC crapping in their pants when the go over film.

You are such a thread jacker.....lol

K Train
03-03-2009, 07:01 PM
We will see about Ward. I think he's a special type of player and my uncle will put him through.

Troy is the best SS to ever play, hair or no hair. I know that he will make it first ballot. Unless something happens to him. He has been selected to the probowl every year his been in the league except his rookie season. Dude, he gets in. you might think he has not been great the last couple years, but him just being on the field sends fear down the QB spines and has OC crapping in their pants when the go over film.

You are such a thread jacker.....lol

troy is not the best safey ever...not yet at least, not saying that he cant be. he really provided us with 2 years of nothing but busted coverages and whiffed tackles before this year. 1 pick in 2 years is pathetic for the supposed best ever. if he plays lights out like he did this year he might end up being the best ever. pro bowl appearances mean nothing, he will make it for the rest of his career regardless.

back to nate...i wish him luck lol

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Dude, Ward is the complete packaged WR. He does everything you want. How many 1 dimensional WR's are there in the HOF, most of them infact are just that. Is Ward going to break Rice's receiving records..of course not but that doesn't mean with all he's done in his career that can sit there and say he's not one of the best of his position and worthy of the HOF. Pro Bowler, SB MVP, 2 Time SB Champ, every Steeler receiving record, having to fight his way up the ranks on the team starting out as a ST player. With all he's done on the field there is no way you can exclude him. Hell look at Michael Irvin for example, IMO there's no way he should have gotten in as soon as he did but he was part of a great team during an era when they won 3 SB's.

Jesus Christ really? REALLY? You know how many receivers there are that have better numbers than Ward that are not in the HOF? Off the top of my head, Andre Reed, Cris Carter (whose not getting in for two ****ing years is blasphemy), Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, Keyshawn Johnson, Irving Fryar, Eric Moulds, Mushin Muhammad, Jerry Rice and the list goes on and on and on.

All of those guys are within 10 years of Ward. I really don't think he gets the HoF and I'm quite ok with that. To be in the hall you have to have the numbers, which he doesn't. He has 800 catches for 9,780 yards and 72 TD's. Not bad, but not hall worthy. He has about two productive years left and we'll say he gets 60 catches for 850 yards and 7 TD's next year and about 50 catches for 700 yards and 4 TD's the year after. Those are fairly optimistic as well.

That leaves with him

910 receptions

11,330 yards

81 TD's

Again, these are very optimistic projections, but that leaves him behind several notable names I listed. Plus, there are guys right behin him that will have far better numbers like Reggie Wayne, (probably) Chad Ocho Cinco, Randy Moss, (sadly) Wes Welker, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and so many more. I find it very hard to believe that he could get in any time soon. There is nothing wrong with him being a good player, which he is. He has been steady throughout his career, but not much more than that.

--- Added 3/3/2009 at 06:08 PM ---

And Ed Reed is the best safety right now. It's close, but he is still so much better in deep coverage than Troy has been.

K Train
03-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Jesus Christ really? REALLY? You know how many receivers there are that have better numbers than Ward that are not in the HOF? Off the top of my head, Andre Reed, Cris Carter (whose not getting in for two ****ing years is blasphemy), Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, Keyshawn Johnson, Irving Fryar, Eric Moulds, Mushin Muhammad, Jerry Rice and the list goes on and on and on.

All of those guys are within 10 years of Ward. I really don't think he gets the HoF and I'm quite ok with that. To be in the hall you have to have the numbers, which he doesn't. He has 800 catches for 9,780 yards and 72 TD's. Not bad, but not hall worthy. He has about two productive years left and we'll say he gets 60 catches for 850 yards and 7 TD's next year and about 50 catches for 700 yards and 4 TD's the year after. Those are fairly optimistic as well.

That leaves with him

910 receptions

11,330 yards

81 TD's

Again, these are very optimistic projections, but that leaves him behind several notable names I listed. Plus, there are guys right behin him that will have far better numbers like Reggie Wayne, (probably) Chad Ocho Cinco, Randy Moss, (sadly) Wes Welker, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and so many more. I find it very hard to believe that he could get in any time soon. There is nothing wrong with him being a good player, which he is. He has been steady throughout his career, but not much more than that.

And Ed Reed is the best safety right now. It's close, but he is still so much better in deep coverage than Troy has been.

:clap:

there it is, im glad im not alone lol

Dean Denton
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM

That leaves with him

910 receptions

11,330 yards

81 TD's

And Ed Reed is the best safety right now. It's close, but he is still so much better in deep coverage than Troy has been. Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison are the only guys on that list I would want over Ward. good luck getting those other divas the numbers they had under Bill Cowher...give me a break. The day you plan the core of your offense around a WR is the day you look like the Cowboys....FACT!!!!

steelcityrockers
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
The Cowboys have their offense centered around a pwer run game and Jason Witten...FACT!!

All I have listed plus more just have the better resume. I don't want to devalue Ward but even the average guys (Irving Fryar, Keyshawn Johnson) have the better numbers. It takes numbers (unless you're Lynn Swann but thats another story) to get in.

K Train
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
you dont think cowher would have gotten andre johnson the ball if he had him on his team? cowher tried being pass happy but didnt have the personell to do it, not QB or WR

Callax
03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I like nate, but he needs more time to develop... He was good for ONE big play a game.
He won't do much better in Tenn., he joins a team of a running game and a bunch of #2 receivers AT BEST
sorry Nate, you were best utilized here as a breakaway #3 receiver who got open a few times a game

Stlrs4Life
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
sweed gonna have to step up is all

Exactly, best of luck to Nate.

greennick
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Nate could be good for the Titans for one main reason. He can provide that deep threat, taking pressure off of Johnson to make catches in the middle.

Still don't know if he is worth that kind of cash, but he is almost exactly the kind of player they needed. Funny to think they could have Boldin for that kind of money though.

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
you dont think cowher would have gotten andre johnson the ball if he had him on his team? cowher tried being pass happy but didnt have the personell to do it, not QB or WR If Cowher had a QB, Ward would have much better numbers then he does now. Cowher talked about the season he tried to be a pass happy coach (2003), and he claims it failed due to injury on the OL. I think that could be part of it, and the other being Maddox...And point of fact, no I dont think Johnson would have gotten the ball any more under Cowher then anyone else did. Unless he could get open so much more then everyone else. Plus, yes I'm sure there would have been some plays drawn up for him, but what WR doesn't have that?

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 10:50 AM ---

The Cowboys have their offense centered around a pwer run game and Jason Witten...FACT!!

All I have listed plus more just have the better resume. I don't want to devalue Ward but even the average guys (Irving Fryar, Keyshawn Johnson) have the better numbers. It takes numbers (unless you're Lynn Swann but thats another story) to get in. If you dont think the Cowboys offense isn't influenced by the constant bitching and moaning of Owens your crazy. If the cowboys spent more time focusing on their power running game and less time trying to get that Diva Owens the ball they might, and I stress might win a playoff game. And not in a million years would I or Cowher take Fryar or Johnson over Ward. You do realize that Ward is a huge reason why the running game in Pittsburgh was so good. There is no way in hell either one of those two guys would open run lanes to the outside like Ward. I loved Fryar, but he would never fit in to what Cowher wanted to do. And he was not so great that Cowher would have changed his entire offense to fit what Fryar could do best. Coaches get players to fit into what they are trying to do, not the other way around. I find it hard to believe that if Cowher landed Fryar or Harrison he would have all of a sudden started using the West coast Offense or the Run and Shoot....

steelcityrockers
03-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, how about this one then, Mushin Muhammad is just the blocker Ward is. Just watch it one day. Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.

The Cowboys did try to get Owens more involved this year, but Jason Witten is Romo's number one target. He is usually the first read.

I was not saying that Fryar or Harrison or whomever would fit Cowher's plan (they could, for the record), but my point was that Fryar was a completely average receiver who has better numbers than Ward.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.

wow..really? well timed shots..yes. cheap?...hell no..it's kill or get killed.

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok, how about this one then, Mushin Muhammad is just the blocker Ward is. Just watch it one day. Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.

The Cowboys did try to get Owens more involved this year, but Jason Witten is Romo's number one target. He is usually the first read.

I was not saying that Fryar or Harrison or whomever would fit Cowher's plan (they could, for the record), but my point was that Fryar was a completely average receiver who has better numbers than Ward.
But there are not too many WR that mean as much to their team as Ward has. Fryar included. And I dont care what the media says about the Romo picking favorite thing, Owens is the number one target. Witten is just the most reliable. And I for one like Mushin, just not anywhere near what I like Ward. and Ward shots aren't cheap, there just better. dont hate because he can blow people off their feet. dont forget the flags that Ward draws for people getting pissed. No one else offers that either. No WR in the history of the league has given more hidden yardage then Ward. He gets more 15 yard flags for pissing off DB's then anyone could dream about. If this could be added to his stats he would be miles ahead of who ever has the most yards....Are you gonna tell me that those yards dont matter?

Steel Trap86
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM

cheap shots? is that a baltimore accent i hear? lol man ward throws 200 pounds at starting safety's and sometimes even linebackers. that shot he gave reed was front center, keith rivers got caught, he was running in wards direction and he was open so ward layed him the **** out, thats how you play. muschin muhammed? LOL :lol: get real

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM
cheap shots? is that a baltimore accent i hear? lol man ward throws 200 pounds at starting safety's and sometimes even linebackers. that shot he gave reed was front center, keith rivers got caught, he was running in wards direction and he was open so ward layed him the **** out, thats how you play. muschin muhammed? LOL :lol: get real
you left out how briliant I am. Other then that, you are right. bout time some had my back on this.

steelcityrockers
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
But there are not too many WR that mean as much to their team as Ward has. Fryar included. And I dont care what the media says about the Romo picking favorite thing, Owens is the number one target. Witten is just the most reliable. And I for one like Mushin, just not anywhere near what I like Ward. and Ward shots aren't cheap, there just better. dont hate because he can blow people off their feet. dont forget the flags that Ward draws for people getting pissed. No one else offers that either. No WR in the history of the league has given more hidden yardage then Ward. He gets more 15 yard flags for pissing off DB's then anyone could dream about. If this could be added to his stats he would be miles ahead of who ever has the most yards....Are you gonna tell me that those yards dont matter?

I'm not saying they are illegal or even wrong, but yeah, they're cheap shots.

And no, he has not racked up over 12,000 penalty yards against opponents so he is not "miles ahead" of Jerry Rice.

Plenty of people get in the opposing players face. Cortland Finnegan does a tremendous job of this as did Sean Taylor, Chad Johnson, DeAngelo Hall, TO etc..hell even I do this in freaking High School. It isn't some singular talent only he possesses.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:42 PM ---

Have you ever actually watched Mushin Muhammed lock? Seriously? He is a VERY good blocker and seals the edge well. Ward is probably the best blocking Wide Receiver, but several other are good too. Don't assume that only Ward can block. Anquan Boldin is another guy who does it well.

K Train
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
wards hits are cheap, they arent illegal but if any player did that to one of our guys you guys would be calling for a flag, a fine and a suspension....hes just really smart about them and makes them clean in a technical sense

rockers i literally agree with everything youve said in this thread, its just impossible to reason with homerism.

ward is the only wr that blocks, hes the best ever, hes so perfect, hes revolutionized the position and hes just the reason we can do anything...everything ward does is just so right

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not saying they are illegal or even wrong, but yeah, they're cheap shots.

And no, he has not racked up over 12,000 penalty yards against opponents so he is not "miles ahead" of Jerry Rice.

Plenty of people get in the opposing players face. Cortland Finnegan does a tremendous job of this as did Sean Taylor, Chad Johnson, DeAngelo Hall, TO etc..hell even I do this in freaking High School. It isn't some singular talent only he possesses.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:42 PM ---

Have you ever actually watched Mushin Muhammed lock? Seriously? He is a VERY good blocker and seals the edge well. Ward is probably the best blocking Wide Receiver, but several other are good too. Don't assume that only Ward can block. Anquan Boldin is another guy who does it well. No WR draws more flags then Ward. And Rice isn;t 12,000 yards ahead of Ward. Is he? Either way, add the totals,and if Rice is the only one ahead of Ward with yards, thats really not a bad person to be behind. But lets be fair with that too. Ward has not had Montana/young throwing him the ball. ****, I hate Seattle, but if Steve Largent had Montana/young throwing him the ball he would be the all time WR. He's in the HOF and I think Ward is better......No, I know Ward is better.

steelcityrockers
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
He's basically the Terry Bradshaw of Wide Receivers, or the Asian Matt Jones.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:56 PM ---

No WR draws more flags then Ward. And Rice isn;t 12,000 yards ahead of Ward. Is he? Either way, add the totals,and if Rice is the only one ahead of Ward with yards, thats really not a bad person to be behind. But lets be fair with that too. Ward has not had Montana/young throwing him the ball. ****, I hate Seattle, but if Steve Largent had Montana/young throwing him the ball he would be the all time WR. He's in the HOF and I think Ward is better......No, I know Ward is better.

He is 13,115 yards behind Rice actually. And all the players I've listed previously plus dozens of others are well ahead of him. Steve Largent also has more yards and everything else than Ward too. I really couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic here though...

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
wards hits are cheap, they arent illegal but if any player did that to one of our guys you guys would be calling for a flag, a fine and a suspension....hes just really smart about them and makes them clean in a technical sense

rockers i literally agree with everything youve said in this thread, its just impossible to reason with homerism.

ward is the only wr that blocks, hes the best ever, hes so perfect, hes revolutionized the position and hes just the reason we can do anything...everything ward does is just so right Good lord man you finally are coming around. You now after all this time realize Ward has revolutionized the position. And you hit the nail on the head when you said everything he does is right. You rock man...do youlike grilled cheese sandwiches too?

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 04:07 PM ---

He's basically the Terry Bradshaw of Wide Receivers, or the Asian Matt Jones.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:56 PM ---

He is 13,115 yards behind Rice actually. And all the players I've listed previously plus dozens of others are well ahead of him. Steve Largent also has more yards and everything else than Ward too. I really couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic here though...
So are you now saying Bradshaw is average at best? Because I know thats not what I'm reading. Last time I checked no QB has made bigger plays in the 4th quarter of 4 SB then Bradshaw.

And what part were you not sure if I was being sarcastic? I'll shot ya straight, just ask because there is a good posibility I was. Give me a minute though, Hines is calling me on my private line.

steelcityrockers
03-04-2009, 05:18 PM
We are NOT getting into another Bradshaw argument. Please.

And I never said Ward was average at best. He is a good, steady player but he is not great.

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
We are NOT getting into another Bradshaw argument. Please.

And I never said Ward was average at best. He is a good, steady player but he is not great.Ward is great, and you brought up Bradshaw. Stop getting nervous behind the key board.

steelcityrockers
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I brought up Bradshaw because, well, K Train knows what I'm talking about. It's a joke, mostly.

And who the fucck you saying gets nervous? Where the hell do you get that from?

Dean Denton
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I brought up Bradshaw because, well, K Train knows what I'm talking about. It's a joke, mostly.

And who the fucck you saying gets nervous? Where the hell do you get that from?
I think it would be better if you didn't use words like F*ck. Unless you tell me that you have a wallet with BMF on it. I said you got nervous because you brought up Bradshaw then back peddled out of there. I dont think its funny to be poking fun at Bradshaw, we all know that he's not all that smart. But that is no reason to throw him under the bus. and what makes you think Ktrain has any idea what your talking about? He has not had his meds yet today and is really close to blowing a fuse. I know Ktrain, and he's only being agreeable with you to get under my skin. He knows Ward is the man, and loves everything about him.

Bombhunter
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
You rock man...do youlike grilled cheese sandwiches too?

I like chocolate milk....

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I like chocolate milk....

hmmm...don't know if chocolate milk is "you rock" status:thinking:....maybe a "your cool" status, but definately not "rockin".Now, if you would have said strawberry Yoohoo..well then yes my friend you mostly certainly would have earned "you rock" status.

P.S..Ward is a beast.

Bombhunter
03-05-2009, 08:34 PM
hmmm...don't know if chocolate milk is "you rock" status:thinking:....maybe a "your cool" status, but definately not "rockin".Now, if you would have said strawberry Yoohoo..well then yes my friend you mostly certainly would have earned "you rock" status.

P.S..Ward is a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KywvdyDlhKg