PDA

View Full Version : WR Malco​m Floyd​ Visit Sixburgh Today!

Zachintosh66
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Heigh​t:​ 6-5 Weigh​t:​ 225 Age: 27
Born:​ 9/​8/​1981 Sacra​mento​ , CA
Colle​ge:​ Wyomi​ng
Exper​ience​:​ 3rd seaso​n
High Schoo​l:​ River​ City HS [​Sacra​mento​,​ CA]
Charg​ers Stats​ 2008-​2009
Rec. 27
Yards​ 465
AVG 17.2
TD 4

http://i2.chargers.com/assets/233/40836_282wh.jpg

Here is his Chargers.com Bio:
Malcom Floyd is one member of a deep and talented group of wide receivers. At 6-5, he is one of the tallest members of the group and he’s shown the ability to make acrobatic catches look routine. And with his size, Floyd gives the Chargers a legitimate deep threat. That explosiveness in making plays downfield led several teammates to christen him with the nickname “M-80.”

Floyd has an NFL pedigree as his older brother, Malcolm, played wide receiver for the Houston Oilers during the 1994-97 seasons. The elder Floyd is now an elementary school principal in Sacramento.

Malcom’s hobbies include playing basketball, boogie boarding at Mission Beach and playing the newest video games. He was an all-conference basketball player in high school and his team won an intramural championship while he was in college at Wyoming.

Here was his SI Draft Bio:
BIO: Had a breakout season as a senior with career bests of 63/834/6. Junior totals were 27/427/2 after a sophomore campaign that produced 44/790/4.

POSITIVES: Big, fluid receiver with outstanding size and speed. Smooth releasing off the line of scrimmage, uses his large frame to shield away opponents and wins out in battles. Tough running after the reception, breaks tackles and picks up positive yardage. Gets up for the acrobatic catch in the middle of the field. Known as a high-character person.

NEGATIVES: Does not play to his 40 time and lacks the deep speed. Not always on the same page as his quarterback, does not high point the pass and lets the ball get inside him

ANALYSIS: A wide out mildly productive throughout college, Floyd offers all the physical tools one wants in a starting receiver for the next level. That said, Floyd is seems content with just getting by on natural abilities rather than becoming a top-flight football player.

OC Steel Curtain
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Sweeds build reminds me of him.. they are probably trying to get a player coach for Sweed, but at the same time not someone who's washed up either. Malcom's young too

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
He would be a decent replacement if Nate goes..not as fast as Nate..but definately a bigger Redzone target for Big Ben.Hopefully if they do sign him he'll come in and really light a fire under Sweed to step up.

K Train
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
i like him, he had a nice TD catch against us 2 years ago....hes a big boy, but never really seemed to be able to put it all together

Sir Blitzelot
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
He would be an awesome offensive threat for us :greengrin:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't have a problem with this move at all if the Steelers do sign Floyd......Nate won't be back so there is some depth concerns.......

K Train
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
i feel like nate would be cheaper lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't know since a few teams are really interested in Nate.......Nate also has better stats......If the Steelers can't get Floyd on the cheap then pass on him for sure.....I don't want the Steelers to over pay for Malcom Floyd....Especially with Sweed on the roster and needing the reps.....

vtwin_gary
03-01-2009, 05:35 PM
i think this could get interesting

Callax
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I believe Floyd is a RFA, so Pitt would need to give SD a dafrt pick, ans I think it is a 3rd round: not entirely positive
but another tall receiver to work along with sweed? good or bad

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
If he is restricted then **** that...lol

K Train
03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
yep he got a second round tender....**** that

Stairwayto7
03-01-2009, 08:20 PM
He better be cheap! He seems like a average, at best wr. The negatives concern me, especially after a few years in the NFL, and he still hasn`t learned??

NEGATIVES: Does not play to his 40 time and lacks the deep speed. Not always on the same page as his quarterback, does not high point the pass and lets the ball get inside him

And he averaged 1.5 catches a game! Wow.

steelcityrockers
03-01-2009, 09:22 PM
He was injured a lot. Basically a very poor man's Vincent Jackson. Oh and yeah no fuccking way should they give up any picks for him

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Somebody is going to overpay Nate, you watch it happens every year with this middle tier FA wide receivers that have potential but haven't put it all together yet. Plus he's a super bowl champ so will increase his value to someone.

We don't need to spend a 3rd round pick on that guy, no way!

Friday133
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Where did you hear this from? Where is the link?