PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Springs and Chris Carr...

Troyisabeast_43
02-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Are two guys that I wouldnt mind the Steelers looking at to add some depth at cornerback and in the return game should they not bring back McFadden. Springs is a veteran who is a solid cover guy and would fit in well with this defense as a backup and a good veteran presence in the secondary. Carr would not so much be a good corner addition but more so give the Steelers that speedy return man they have been lacking for a number of years now. I like the idea a lot of bringing at least one of these guys in. What do you guys think??

K Train
02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
springs is made of glass....hes hurt to often to bring him in. carr is interesting, awful corner but great returner

Zachintosh66
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
id rather have justin miller

steelcityrockers
02-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, uh, Carr is a decent nickleback and average returner while Springs would want quite a bit of money. I'd rather re-sign Fernando Bryant than either of these guys actually.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Neither one excites me:nono:, so where is mcFadden signing:thinking:? is this all the action that has taken place since friday? we might have an chance to get Mcfadden back if no one bites:yesnod:.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Somebody will bite...lol There is plenty of teams with cap room and quality corners are always in high demand......McFadden has played for two Super Bowl winners so he should look for the biggest pay day he can find....I would do it if I was in the same position......

Callax
02-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Pitt should not waste time on springs and carr only if he comes cheap

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
springs is made of glass....hes hurt to often to bring him in. carr is interesting, awful corner but great returner

:plus1: I agree. Plus both wil want too much $$.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I would like to see to springs come to the team but he is injury prone and that's the last thing we need. Just re-sign BMac and we won't have to worry about it :D

K Train
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
carr is coming to visit today

DanRooney
03-02-2009, 04:41 AM
I live in Virginia so I'm forced to watch several Skins games with my buddies and I have to admit that Springs is a hell of a corner. You've got to realize that the Skins suck so bad at rushing the passer that their corners have to blanket their receivers for very long periods of time. Their whole secondary is on another level compared to most teams and Springs would be an awesome fit in the Steelers D.

Stairwayto7
03-02-2009, 08:52 AM
One of the free agents I felt the Steelers should target was Tennessee cornerback/kick returner Chris Carr.

According to The Tennessean in Nashville, the Steelers have contact Carr about a visit - possibly happening this week.

Carr returns both kicks and punts and also has some starting experience at cornerback - though he's better served as a nickel guy.

He'd be an outstanding signing for the Steelers if they can get it done.

Dean Denton
03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Springs played in Seattle so he's damaged goods. not to mention he's not smart enough to play in this system.