PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts

Thomas_43
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
With Matt Cassel being traded to the Chiefs. How does this stir up the draft??

Hold those thoughts, It's now being reported that it's not 100% guarenteed that Cassel is heading to KC because now there is a 3rd team involved and interested.

JensK
02-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Question: Since Cassel was franchised the pats will get a first round pick (this year) from Chiefs right? If they do so, will they get the pick from the position where the chiefs were supposed to draft from?

Thomas_43
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
When you franchise a player, technically they are still a free agent. Now if a team would SIGN them without trading for him, THEN they are guarenteed the 2 first round picks. When a team trades for a Franchised player, as long as both teams agree, then a first round pick is not a must.

JensK
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Ah alright. Thanks for clearing that up! :) So i guees we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out, before we can really guees.

Thomas_43
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I'm really interested now that they say the trade to KC is not guarenteed because another mystery team is in the mix.

K Train
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
that just means they dont take sanchez and its either curry, monroe or jason smith....monroe would **** me off since they would have albert and monroe in back to back years....thats called anchoring a line

K Train
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
they want a 34 so a mega reach for raji is possible too

Thomas_43
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
what would they do with Dorsey then?? Shift him to DE?

steelers4life66
02-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm really interested now that they say the trade to KC is not guarenteed because another mystery team is in the mix.

Who do you think the mystery team is? Jets maybe.

K Train
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
maybe its us...we through in starks and pick #32 to get pick #3....i think i would cry with joy

MDSteel15
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Deal is done... Chiefs 2nd rounder for Cassell and Vrabel

K Train
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
what would they do with Dorsey then?? Shift him to DE?

hes not big enough for that...and he cant play nose, hes not nearly stout enough he will have to put on 34 pounds and change his style of play completely.

hes best fit for an undertackle in a 43, they had him playing overtackle like he was john henderson or something which is why he wasnt effective last year

Callax
03-01-2009, 05:15 PM
now KC will probably go after LB curry to help on DL or maybe a tackle to help OL and let RB larry johnson return to his for status a great RB... but their offense was geared to a spred offense and not too much to running, (since they were behind alot 2-14 will do that)

MillerTime83
03-01-2009, 07:11 PM
hes not big enough for that...and he cant play nose, hes not nearly stout enough he will have to put on 34 pounds and change his style of play completely.

hes best fit for an undertackle in a 43, they had him playing overtackle like he was john henderson or something which is why he wasnt effective last year

I knew Dorsey was going to be a bum.

K Train
03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
i dont think thats fair to say at all. hes very talented and plays very hard, dlineman historically take a few years to develop but he was used very poorly last year....he is not a john henderson or a marcus stroud. he cant take that job and be asked to produce when he weighs 290-300 pounds. as an undertackle he would be very effective and i think hes gonna be a good player, the thing is if the cheifs switch to a 34 it will ruin the early part of his career

MillerTime83
03-01-2009, 08:44 PM
i dont think thats fair to say at all. hes very talented and plays very hard, dlineman historically take a few years to develop but he was used very poorly last year....he is not a john henderson or a marcus stroud. he cant take that job and be asked to produce when he weighs 290-300 pounds. as an undertackle he would be very effective and i think hes gonna be a good player, the thing is if the cheifs switch to a 34 it will ruin the early part of his career

Yeah I guess its too early to say bust, but I never liked him and everyone was riding the super hype train on him. Whats wrong with KC you would think that you would cahnge the defense to better your players style, but what do I know im not a coach.

On a side note I think theres no chance on KC passing on Curry now. Even if Monroe being there.

steelcityrockers
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Weird thing I just noticed about KC, they don't have a Defensive Coordinator listed on their wikipedia page. Their personnel all fit better in a 4-3 so I'm not sure why they would switch other than Pioli's being there.

Thomas_43
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I think they gave the job to Clancy Pendergast.

JensK
03-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Some different reports say that Pendergast will be their linebacker coach. They did hyre Gibbs as well.